Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) (8791 Views)

Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo / Who Would You Suggest To Be The EFCC Boss Under Buhari? See My Suggestion / Who Is Seun (Nairaland Owner) Supporting: GMB Or GEJ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by http(m): 5:39am On Feb 27, 2012
Plsssssssssssss Seun, leave Nairaland alone for us, it might be your idea, but we make it a reality for you. I will advice you to let sleeping dog sleep grin

I believe some touches can be make but leave the background, font or whatever it is alone, we all know not all changes are good, the newProposed Nairaland is a Hell no for me, if you continue on it, you definitely lost me cos i can't stand the new Nairaland, there is a saying that "If its not broken, don't fix it"

A word is enough for millionaires, cheesy
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by simonogre: 5:40am On Feb 27, 2012
just a lil touch here and there will suffice
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by howfar2: 6:15am On Feb 27, 2012
Seun, am sure you did not do an Heuristic evaluation of the proposed site. As a system manager, i will advice you not to change.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Excelboi(m): 6:24am On Feb 27, 2012
Seun, just leave it like this cos the other looks to mobile,even though am using my phone,i still find this better. Majority of members wants it like this, act wiselt not to loose traffic. Its up to you!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by KINGwax(m): 6:31am On Feb 27, 2012
akinnux:

People are always afraid of changes yet it is the only permanent thing in life. I am usually not patient with such conservative and traditional folks. The fact is there is always room for improvement. So I advise Mr. Osewa to effect the needful changes on this site.
and idiottaz will keep forming wise by sayin people dnt like change. Is it a curse dt changes in 9ja shld b retrogressive? That beta or gamma is definately a radioactive poison, the graphics is absolutely nonsense! Tweak site wit features like d 'like icons', 'add friend icon' and allow to quote and reply directly. O tan
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by lwise(m): 6:37am On Feb 27, 2012
Remember dat the internet connection in naija is nothin to write home about.The ease at which Ɣõú loggin to nairaland is what makes it stands out.Whatever modification u wana do don't add much graffic.Remember not all of us are using iphone or android,majority ar using Nokia(symbian).
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by blank(f): 6:40am On Feb 27, 2012
Instead of whining about how much you hate the changes, why not suggest the things you like about the new site and ask him to include it here? All complaints and no solutions.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by daffur: 6:50am On Feb 27, 2012
honestly, Seun fi le lile this. Many people na Java fone dem they use take access the site. Just leave the Trademark Graphics/colourz alone and ADD NEW FEATURES.

Nairaland is the only SMF site that gives me full web features, the other 3 sites l use take me to WAP, and l hate WAP.

We are going through all ur posts and proposals. We'll get back to u asap.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by bulksms247(m): 6:58am On Feb 27, 2012
De Poster has said it all
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Mynd44: 7:08am On Feb 27, 2012
I personally prefer his one like this even though I continue to "test" the beta.
I would not want to see a chat interface cos the only thing that will do is make users send messages to eac other rather than post replies.
The like option is a plus and the ability to quote directly is also good.
Forget calls by people to put avatars below the username cos it is pointless and please bring back the number of posts and signature.
The beta is too colourful and it makes the site looks childish (not that I am that old). Noting is wrong with a little more color but too much is just wrong.
Those are my observations
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by nanoken: 7:11am On Feb 27, 2012
Changing graphics colour is no change undecided
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 27, 2012
Add the new functionalities into the old one, leave the colour and graphics.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by samdigo(m): 7:17am On Feb 27, 2012
yea you deffinately need to allow people to have the opportunity to delete their profile, its totally unfair how nairaland holds people to ransom. also there needs to b a sort of notification page that highlights replys to previous comments or stuff of that nature, and some of these threads are oldddd, there needs to b a way of deleting old threads, nairaland in my view is so backwards technologically. it does hav a unique style to it tho,
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by jaymdee(m): 7:22am On Feb 27, 2012
I don't think the change of layout and all is necessary here. Even, profile pics and avatars aren't a pig point for Nairaland because, the near anonymous nature of each poster makes for plain and frank views.
Also,someone  thought change would make Nairaland less boring shocked FYI, Nairaland can't be boring(ever) due to the constant information and the divergent views expressed here by the minute. So,please Mr Seun, don't change your site. It will look like those immature dating sites. My opinion though.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by freecocoa(f): 7:25am On Feb 27, 2012
OGA SEUN,you've heard it all o,please just a little touch by adding some features to this NL is okay but changing totally to NL2 is a NO NO,that one is ANNOYINGLY UGLY please and its not good for my eyesight i swear cos its painful to the eyes unless you want many people to go blind from too much colors.

Its not about not liking change but when the change is for the worse then it shouldn't be encouraged,please i take God beg you personally leave our good old NL with this graphic and just add some features intended for NL2 to it,I'm sure nothing go spoil,hope you do the wise thing.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 27, 2012
After testing the beta, i feel worse about d state of d current mobile site, all i can see are 4 posts, i kiip clicking, 'Next page', C'mon mr seun, D mobile page is sumthing else, its not inviting, cnt even view images, and just 4 posts, Pls du something about it, mobile site users are not satisfIed.mm
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by success4(m): 7:34am On Feb 27, 2012
Warrior forum remains the same! Change NL and see your traffic affected negatively!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by dipo1: 7:45am On Feb 27, 2012
From what I have seen of the so-called Beta Nland, its does not at all look refreshing or amusing to me. It rather has a all too familiar look of other far-less visited forums and if Nlands outlook should be upgraded, it should be to something exciting - like Facebook did. Just imagine what would become of facebook if it suddenly looks like hi5.
So my suggestion, leave Nland as it is until u have a design that wins. The proposed Beta is a drawback IMO
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by birdman(m): 7:48am On Feb 27, 2012
When facebook makes changes, they are gradual. User interface is the golden fleece. When you find something that works, you dont change it. Just minor tweaks now and then. Btw the new site looks horrible Im sorry to say. Its garish and off-putting, and has nothing that reminds you of the the nairaland name brand
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by david22uu(m): 7:52am On Feb 27, 2012
I THINK JUST A LITTLE CHANGE LIKE THE LOGO WOULD DO, THIS INTERFACE IS THE MOST USER FRIENDLY INTERFACE
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by victorazy(m): 7:57am On Feb 27, 2012
Follow ur heart and do whatever u want to do.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Tosinville(m): 8:12am On Feb 27, 2012
Imanuelle:

After testing the beta, i feel worse about d state of d current mobile site, all i can see are 4 posts, i kiip clicking, 'Next page', C'mon mr seun, D mobile page is sumthing else, its not inviting, cnt even view images, and just 4 posts, Pls du something about it, mobile site users are not satisfIed.mm
Aww! you too make sense abeg, and since most Nigerians always on mobile (symbian & Java) on the go then he should work on how mobile view will be able to quote comments too, its a nice idea rather than changing to NL2 or applying more graphix.

Lastly, notifications should be somewhere on top of our homepages than sending email notifications to our inboxes, i got 3152 msgs in my inbox now mostly from NL & i don't knw when i'll delete an important msg frm family&friends when bout to wipe everything all off.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by tiarabubu: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2012
my advice is to find a middle ground thus;

make incremental changes over 12 months. consider chat, private messaging, avatars, etc. Its important that your color scheme stays consistent. That beta color scheme remind me of a cheap generic forum. Like Facebook, the scheme has remained constant even with layout changes.

Nairaland is home. don't make us refugees
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by simonogre: 8:18am On Feb 27, 2012
no touch am,
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by SlurRemoved: 8:22am On Feb 27, 2012
Any change on the template may be enough, but please don't reduce the enhancements. Rather increase the capability of the site. Best of luck.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by kushiyandro: 8:24am On Feb 27, 2012
bros no touch nairaland o, leave am as e dey o!
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Ranoscky(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2012
Not been to the new nl before. Wil voice my opinion when I do.

The poster that was correctin another that "Goodluck" is two words, and not one. So, na only wetin u get to comment for dis important topic be dat ni? undecided
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by gempo(m): 8:24am On Feb 27, 2012
Lets take a vote. Majority carries the vote.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by Wexelion(m): 8:36am On Feb 27, 2012
If you are changing,change to something good not worst like the beta nairaland.
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by dokunbam(m): 8:37am On Feb 27, 2012
Just add some other features. Am ok with my nairaland ooo
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by isaayas: 8:41am On Feb 27, 2012
bros no try am o grin
Re: Suggestion To Nairaland Owner (seun Osewa) by olyivy(f): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2012
The old site needs to change but not to your so called NL2.

NL2 is wack!!!!

I will suggest retaining the same smf theme currently used with modifications to:

1. rounded edge divs, form fields
2. complete change of all buttons to something bolder and rectangularish with little or no rounding of edges (like facebook buttons)
3. Place logo and tagline on top of each page (not just home page)
4. like buttons or links on each reply topic
5. little ajax/jquery in replying to a topic or modification of posts for non wap users.

[size=18pt]Please go out of your way to keep every bit of stats that already exist[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Says Fg’s Spending On Salaries Has Quadrupled / Reps Recommends Removal Of Immunity Clause For President And Govs / Patience Jonathan Expected Back This Afternoon - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.