Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos (13545 Views)

Breaking News: Explosion Rock Maiduguri / Explosion Rock Oworonshoki / Jos In Commotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by soma042(m): 8:34am On Feb 26, 2012
explosion in church of christ capital in jos live, this morning im on the run as im typing.

JOS, February 26, (THEWILL) – A bomb has gone off inside a church in Jos, Plateau State.

The headquarterd of the Church of Christ in Nigeria church (COCIN) was rocked by an explosion on Sunday morning at about 8.am.

The church is located in the center of the city near a branch of the Central Bank of Nigeria. It is predominantly attended by Plateau indigenes. The Governor of Plateau State, Jonah David Jang also worships at the Church. It is however unclear whether he was at the church when the bomb went off.

Two sources have confirmed the explosion to the THEWILL.

An Islamic terrorist group, Boko Haram has claimed responsibility for several bombings in northern Nigeria.

There are casualties.

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/12645-Bomb-Explodes-Jos-Church.html
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by EzeUche(m): 8:37am On Feb 26, 2012
These people are animals!

I do not know of any religion that would condone the targeting of innocent people in their places of worship.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 26, 2012
Anoda boko madness in d house of God.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by soma042(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2012
oh god blood on the floor
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by 13volts(m): 9:06am On Feb 26, 2012
Heard the bomber survive. The beroms should not eat his flesh this time round, rrather he should be handed to the SSS where rigorous and demeaning torture will be subjected to his pathetic life so that he Will revel his accomplices
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by soma042(m): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2012
islam woe to you that pratice d
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by mkmyers45(m): 9:18am On Feb 26, 2012
my friends and family are in there and i can't reach, this is the last straw for me sad
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by hakanai(m): 9:26am On Feb 26, 2012
Official: Suicide car bomber targets major church during service in restive central Nigeria
By Associated Press, Updated: Sunday, February 26, 8:43 AM

LAGOS, Nigeria — A suicide car bomber detonated his explosives Sunday morning outside of the major church in the heart of a restive central Nigerian city that has seen hundreds die in religious and ethnic violence, an official said, killing three people and injuring others.

The explosion struck the main headquarters of the Church of Christ in Nigeria during its early morning service, Plateau state spokesman Pam Ayuba said. The blast killed the bomber and a father and child near the explosion, while wounding others, Ayuba said.

Police officials in the city could not be immediately reached for comment. A military spokesman for the area also did not answer calls for comment.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for the attack, though a radical Islamist sect known as Boko Haram has launched increasingly bloody attacks across Nigeria, including attacks on churches. A Christmas Day bombing of a Catholic church claimed by the sect in Madalla, a town just outside the country’s capital Abuja, killed at least 44 people.

The group also claimed responsibility for bomb attacks on Christmas Eve that struck Jos, killing as many as 80 people.

Jos and surrounding Plateau state has found itself torn apart in recent years by violence pitting its different ethnic groups and major religions — Christinity and Islam — against each other. Human Rights Watch says at least 1,000 people were killed in communal clashes around Jos in 2010.

The violence, though fractured across religious lines, often has more to do with local politics, economics and rights to grazing lands. The government of Plateau state is controlled by Christian politicians who have blocked Muslims from being legally recognized as citizens. That has locked many out of prized government jobs in a region where the tourism industry and tin mining have collapsed in the last decades.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/official-suicide-car-bomber-targets-major-church-during-service-in-restive-central-nigeria/2012/02/26/gIQA2dADbR_story.html
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by doctokwus: 9:31am On Feb 26, 2012
mkmyers45:

my friends and family are in there and i can't reach, this is the last straw for me sad
Last straw to do what? Better relax ursef,there are people trained& paid to do such jobs,they maynot b doing a good deal of it,but u may only get ursef in deeper shit;dough I knew like d typical nigerian,u just blabbing hot air;una too like life
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by mkmyers45(m): 9:35am On Feb 26, 2012
@doctokwus keep ur analogy and your mouth to yourself, Just pray you're not in my way :/
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by prettyG: 9:47am On Feb 26, 2012
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2012
Yet some people still want us to continue to pretend 2b 1. May d good lord c us through.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by hakanai(m): 10:12am On Feb 26, 2012
With this i know by now the war drums are beating and the mortal enemies have gone into there enclaves and are battle ready or preparing to defend/attack.Typical Jos!!! They won't allow investigations and they won't reason with calls even from some reasonable religious leaders.They serioiusly believe in killings.That said i think this would be an opportunity to test the state of emergency currently placed in the troubled areas before now.To prevent such security bridge and an escalation.Sad! really sad!! After sometime of relative peace and normalcy. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2012
Sanusi should have the CBN cheque book ready. His people have done it again.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by hakanai(m): 10:23am On Feb 26, 2012
If only people reason this same people are slaughtering people in places like Baga over apprehending and sending BH members to the JTF.What they got was an attack that killed people in the markets.In there numbers.Yet some twisted mind would suggest an attack on a people for just being from a region or faith is the best way to retaliate against BH.Keep fooling yourself.That said, due to the crisis over time, both sides remain at daggers drawn and are capable to stand percieved treats sha!!
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by sunkoye: 10:25am On Feb 26, 2012
wondered how we can defend ourself from bomb, na only God direct our ways from such. sad
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2012
just passed thru there. for those who are quite familiar with jos, will know that in that particular area,there are muslims who sell car decorations ie: seat covers, steering covers, security and so on. well those people have had their entire goods burned. the place is on fire as i type.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Nobody: 10:29am On Feb 26, 2012
haka_nai., your comments are dumb. At times like these people like you post out really dumb comments. Try to reason and do not let the devil becloud your reasoning. Post clear and well though out comments.

What exactly is wrong with people like you? Are you guys drugged or something? How come you guys find it difficult to speak against evil?

You guys are sad and pathetic.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Tolexander: 10:34am On Feb 26, 2012
again! Somethin has to b done ds time! Dont think our right has to be infringed on by some religious fanatics.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by teeddyy: 10:43am On Feb 26, 2012
Beroms aka flesh eaters, Dis is so pathetic, LORD AVE MERCY!!!
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by hakanai(m): 10:45am On Feb 26, 2012
divine2043:

haka_nai., your comments are dumb. At times like these people like you post out really dumb comments. Try to reason and do not let the devil becloud your reasoning. Post clear and well though out comments.

What exactly is wrong with people like you? Are you guys drugged or something? How come you guys find it difficult to speak against evil?

Well my comments have not mentioned your name neither have i insulted you.As much as you want to hate,please do if it pleases you.This are facts and you read the comments from alqeada on the issue.The madness has started already and the flesh eaters,blood suckers and family night killers are already acting.How hard is it to understand that innocent people die from the bombings and silly excuses for revenege.Targetted at people that had nothing to do with it.That said it is not a lie.I have lived it and you can't tell me shit about Jos.There will be killings of people even travelling through Jos.There will be attacks and counter attackers.Where this could have being avoided by a simple understanding that BH acts on her own.I have people in town from the divide and the heat is already building.
If they attack more people in there quest to revenge it could escalate and cause more killings accross.Why not suggest dialogue and understanding than justify killings or blood letting on another.BH did it!But now with such act the entire muslim and xtian community is drawn into it.When it could have being dicussed and a joint approach taken to address it.
Meanwhile if my comments offend you,na you sabi.I am not BH or the attacker.So i owe you nothing.I stand for myself.So do alot of innocent people from both sides of the divide that may not see tomorrow or the days after.Courtesy people like you.Destroy more lifes all you want o!
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 26, 2012
Is dere no state of emergency in Jos again? What is the military authority doing to prevent senseless reprisals? I naturally expect some areas in Jos to be locked down by now while many areas should be swarming with military boys! Authorities do not need to wait till people get their throat sliced or their flesh eating before they act.
May God help us all.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by pak: 11:25am On Feb 26, 2012
Come to think of it, I stayed inside that church about six years ago.

They had a corper's lodge that was more like an old vestry building attached to the main auditorium.

Its quite painful. Left the town just 2 days ago and the whole place was as peaceful as you can imagine.

The situation is worrisome. Had a soldier friend who told me yesterday that they've just been posted on a peace keeping mission in a village that has been engulfed by clashes between tivs and fulani
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by member479760: 11:28am On Feb 26, 2012
Sanusi, please donate ASAP to the victims.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by born2boink(m): 11:49am On Feb 26, 2012
I thank God say,I no kuku dey go church again.may dem no come bomb us for clubs and ashewo joints for lagos.me don tire of boko haram
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by knick(m): 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
Not again,
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by sholatech(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26, 2012
There is no form of reprisal killing in Jos. Wonder where that came from. And it is not even planned. The last time bombs exploded at the Viewing Centres, did anyone hear of any reprisal killing?

People that call the Native Beroms Flesh-eaters are also trying to get the polity heated. Such unfounded rumours!
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by vb0mb(m): 12:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
born2fuck:

I thank God say,I no kuku dey go church again.may dem no come bomb us for clubs and ashewo joints for lagos.me don tire of boko haram

you are not always serious in everything. I dont think your father is proud of you.
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by emmke(m): 12:32pm On Feb 26, 2012
what are u talking about haka nai?
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by moshoodn(m): 12:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
bulls and bears
Re: Explosion Rock Church In Jos In Jos by bakila: 12:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
divine2043:

Please sir dont pass through Jos irrespective of you faith. You may be killd by people from you faith.
My last business with jos was cut short by crises like this, some youths blocked a highway ready to born and kill. The attack facing the country is big is not a matter of speaking about evil put the fear that you may be a boko harm agent who could attack a poster here for criticising. Check haka-nai replies. This is an insurrection that is morethan what is happaning at syria. Please leave the bigotry. Some post about virgins its not a matter of joke or hate on religious divide. You know the worst part police are still collecting N20 looking all stupid and unprepared. It is only the DSS that yoy give some credit, the army is still firing. But intel and info gathering is a still a joke. Check a number plate for plateau and respond go also check up on Ezza and Ezibillo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Reacts To Shooting Of Officials In Abia State / South-South Governors Meet At Rivers Govt. House, Demand Derivation From FG(Pics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Didn't Threaten To Resign Over Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.