Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi (27746 Views)

Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / Jos Church Attack:suicide Bomber,cocin Member -dfence Hq. / Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb Cocin Church In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
The suspects were caught as they try to detonate the explosive

Nine bombers, believed to be christians, were apprehended this morning when they attempted to bomb a COCIN church at Miya Barkate, 20 kilometres along Jos-Bauchi Highway in Bauchi State.

The suspected bombers are Lamba Goma, Filibus Danasa, Joshua Ali, Danjuma Sabo, Joseph Audu, Simon Gabriel, Bulus Haruna, Yohanna Ishaya and Daniel Ayuba (who was the immediate past Secretary of PDP at Tilden Fulani Ward, Toro LGA, Bauchi State).

The suspects are members of the same COCIN church, Unguwar Rimi, a new and small Christian settlement between Tilden Fulani and Shere Hills. The suspects who were thoroughly beaten by the public were rescued by police and then detained at the Toro Divisional Police Division before they were transferred to Bauchi State Police Command, Bauchi.

At about the same time this morning in the Neighbouring Plateau State, a bomb explosion was reported at the headquarters of the same COCIN church during a Sunday service. The number of casualties are not certain. The pastor of the targeted COCIN Church in Bauchi is Ishaya Izam, who recently arrived on posting from the Cocin headquarters in Jos, which was bombed this morning.

It is not clear if the two bombings are related. A statement on the event in Bauchi state is yet to be issued by the Police.

Spokesperson of the Bauchi State command of the police, Hassan Mohammed, confirmed the incident but said he would only provide details later.

http://premiumtimesng.com/mobile/news/3955-christians-caught-attempting-to-bomb-cocin-church-in-bauchi.html
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by BIGERBOY1: 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
This is getting ridiculous! People get shot at mosques this Friday in Kano, now Christians attempting to bomb churches. And what ever happened to the Igbo men caught importing arms to Nigeria through Ghana?

But trust our useless media and gullible nairalanders, they are just interested in how Abu qaqa did this or that. If you ask me the Abu qaqas are just ceremonial smoke screens used to deceive us. If he was so crucial why hasn't BH operations been handicapped or even intercepted (assuming BH even existed) BH are just loose confederates of criminals under whose umbrella separatists, ethnic bigots, bank robbers, armed robbers, Christian killers and Muslim killers operate.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by 13volts(m): 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2012
Even the jos blast I smell foul play
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by sirjec(m): 6:52pm On Feb 26, 2012
Do people attempt to bomb church? Stories. So If you see me with bomb you will come to catch me with bare hands as reported. Please release innocent people. Did you catch them with bomb or did you search their minds and found out they are thinking of bombing the church?
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by koruji(m): 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2012
Somebody is writing stories without thinking. Nothing in that story suggested the presence of bombs, and the whole thing sounds like an internal crisis.

sirjec:

Do people attempt to bomb church? Stories. So If you see me with bomb you will come to catch me with bare hands as reported. Please release innocent people. Did you catch them with bomb or did you search their minds and found out they are thinking of bombing the church?
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by hakanai(m): 7:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
Well anything is possible.The IGP should tackle this as he promised to ensure complete and conclusive investigations on such cases.Actually i could also suggest they were paid to help BH cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy (Joking).this issues continues to cause panick.FGN must develop a means to communicate with the people with crediability.Especially on this bombing issues.What is the official position of the government?Is it true the CP has confirmed the story or is it that the media house is lying.
People suggesting that people will not lynch suspected bombers must be confused.This has being happening and people apprehend and handover suspects to the police.Now what we want is the police should find what is true.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by htajz: 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2012
i believe there are other groups apart from boko harem( just as there are other militant groups apart from mend) that is why we need SNC let everyone say what their roblem is and lets see how it can be resoved once and for all, if theres a group in the north that dont want southerners or christians let them announce it openly maybe we can just have regional states where u dont have to be posted to another people region. lets stop shying away from these problems.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by PA1982(f): 8:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
What a disgusting story.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by gregg2: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
Childish propaganda.
Xtian bombers ke.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by thomasjohn: 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2012
htajz:

i believe there are other groups apart from boko harem( just as there are other militant groups apart from mend) that is why we need SNC let everyone say what their roblem is and lets see how it can be resoved once and for all, if theres a group in the north that dont want southerners or christians let them announce it openly maybe we can just have regional states where u dont have to be posted to another people region. lets stop shying away from these problems.

If we hav a SNC is every1 going to go there and represent himself? NO?
we are going to choose people to represent us and speak for us,ok, question is what have our representathieves in Abuja done in our favour,have they ever spoken for us? no?
so what makes you think we will get good and fair representation at a SNC?
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by jookco(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
This is a pure make up story, no christian will think of killing another person.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by PHIPEX(m): 8:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
Since BH started I'v never heard of 9 (NINE) people going to bomb one church. How can such a large number of people go for one target (bombing) when they are not going there to shoot AK47. Its either they are insane or the story is a cheap propaganda.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by executinal(m): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
S@NNiE:

The suspects were caught as they try to detonate the explosive

Nine bombers, believed to be christians, were apprehended this morning when they attempted to bomb a COCIN church at Miya Barkate, 20 kilometres along Jos-Bauchi Highway in Bauchi State.

The suspected bombers are Lamba Goma, Filibus Danasa, Joshua Ali, Danjuma Sabo, Joseph Audu, Simon Gabriel, Bulus Haruna, Yohanna Ishaya and Daniel Ayuba (who was the immediate past Secretary of PDP at Tilden Fulani Ward, Toro LGA, Bauchi State).

The suspects are members of the same COCIN church, Unguwar Rimi, a new and small Christian settlement between Tilden Fulani and Shere Hills. The suspects who were thoroughly beaten by the public were rescued by police and then detained at the Toro Divisional Police Division before they were transferred to Bauchi State Police Command, Bauchi.

At about the same time this morning in the Neighbouring Plateau State, a bomb explosion was reported at the headquarters of the same COCIN church during a Sunday service. The number of casualties are not certain. The pastor of the targeted COCIN Church in Bauchi is Ishaya Izam, who recently arrived on posting from the Cocin headquarters in Jos, which was bombed this morning.

It is not clear if the two bombings are related. A statement on the event in Bauchi state is yet to be issued by the Police.

Spokesperson of the Bauchi State command of the police, Hassan Mohammed, confirmed the incident but said he would only provide details later.

http://premiumtimesng.com/mobile/news/3955-christians-caught-attempting-to-bomb-cocin-church-in-bauchi.html
Trash angry angry angry
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by chuks49(m): 8:35pm On Feb 26, 2012
Cheap attempt to exonerate BH of its atrocities.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by Oluschenco(m): 8:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
They are BH with christian names.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by seunlayi(m): 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2012
I can't belive this story -

Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by ifedun2: 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2012
@phipex,tnx o.Infact,i just finished lambasting a journalist friend who posted it on fb.Haba!It just doesnt add up.My fear now is,could it b some people are cashing in on d economic situation to entice unscupulous xtian brodas to engage in killing?Even dat is hard 2 blv.Somethn is wrong wt d packaging of dat story!
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by nikky5(m): 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2012
pls fellow nairalanders do not believe this propaganda.Its a make up story.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by beewhy(m): 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
Absolute propagander!
No doubt ,there is a group called boko haram but of my opinion they are not the ones behind the bomb blast.
I strongly believe the perpetrators of these crimes are very well sponsored by politicians who are oppositions to the government. Dont be surprised,even though there isnt eenough evidence,the Government has an idea of who sponsors these evil doers but they are too strong to be brought to book.
The truth is you cannot lick palm oil without soiling your hand,  food for thought.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by sheyguy: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
Anyone can claim to be a christian. With our SSS taken over by BH, it could well be BH who are behind this whole 'arangee' thing. Christian ko christian ni.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by IgboMujahideen: 8:50pm On Feb 26, 2012
There will be blood!
Nigeria is hungry for blood.
Like George Bush would say:
Bring them on!
North v South, Christian v Muslim
Choose ye this day whom you will serve.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by Abujabir24: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2012
So if actually dis infidels had succeeded, everybody will start pointing fingers at bh bh bh. So bh are not d only ones bombing nigeria. God bless d people who caught dis criminals. I wonder who sent them?
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by dayokanu(m): 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2012
Na wa oo
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by BankoleNco: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2012
This is obviously staged. A cheap attempt at making BH look like a political group, rather than the religious fanatics they actually are.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by BankoleNco: 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2012
Abujabir24:

So if actually dis infidels had succeeded, everybody will start pointing fingers at bh bh bh. So bh are not d only ones bombing nigeria. God bless d people who caught dis criminals. I wonder who sent them?

So in other words you are in support of BH then? Nothing new anyway, all you Northerners are members so I couldn't be bothered. BTW I think your SULTAN sent them.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by member10: 8:58pm On Feb 26, 2012
[size=22pt]for thoes still in doubt.
So people could we please tone it down on the insults against islam. There's truly more to it than what we dee and know.
[/size]

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/3959-photo_suspects_and_the_bomb_they_tried_to_detonate_at_bauchi.html
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by ifeci: 9:04pm On Feb 26, 2012
So after the beating, where is the "undetonated" bomb?
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by MAYOWAAK: 9:05pm On Feb 26, 2012
If Sanusi is giving N25m per bombed church, can we say it has opened the door for motivating people to bomb their own churches?
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by Samar1: 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
kabiru sokoto and (now) 9 christians, therefore stop acussing islam,and tel me who sposor them mend, opc,mossob, or bh??
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by IgboMujahideen: 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
Nigerians make una shine una eyes oh!

Not to be alarmist, but make exit plans pronto.
If you are in North, make plans to ecscape to Niger/Chad. If you are in the west, find an escape route to Benin Republic,
and if you are in south-south or south east, begin to scope your exit route to Cameroon.
What is afoot now is a disinformation campaign and truth has become the first casualty. They are setting the stage for a blood-bath.
Those illiterates: Boko Haram  (Book is haram) has humbled the Nigerian security forces, and now is in the last phase of their campaign.
Misinformation, confusion, then divide and conquer.
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by worm(f): 9:14pm On Feb 26, 2012
nikky5:

pls fellow nairalanders do not believe this propaganda.Its a make up story.

^^^
yeah, a make up story because your brothers are involved?
seunlayi:

I can't belive this story -

^^
why would you believe when your brothers are involved?

*shaking my butt*
Re: 9 Christians Caught Attempting To Bomb COCIN Church In Bauchi by zaboy: 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2012
so if boko haram detonate a bomb, you guys blame it on muslims and Islam. But then, because these guys today happen to be christians, then something is wrong with d journalist, or its a set up or bla bla bla. Lets be honest and call a spade a spade. Terrorism has no religion. Just because they are christians doesnt mean Christianity encourages terrorism, same thing with Islam. Dont try to exonerate a terrorist because they belong to your religion or region, you could be their next victim.

Joy Ezechikamnayo Awarded Scholarship & N500k As Abia One-Day Governor (Photos) / Tambuwal: DSS Operatives Were With Deborah Samuel but were overpowered / MASSOB Sit-at-home Order - How Is Your Area?