Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. (26448 Views)

The Bad Side Of Women Been Submissive To There Man. / Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / I'm A Submissive Woman: What's Wrong With That? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by modavi: 6:01pm On Feb 28, 2012
ayodele123:

Accept him as the head of the home even if he is younger than you and less financially blessed--yes

Respect him as the head of the home--yes

Obey him as long as it does not contravene the laws of the Lord.--yes

Make ''it'' available for him when he needs it.--yes

The man too must submit to his wife--- shocked shocked
The man should not see his wife as a sex machine or as a slave to be abused---yes
The man should as a first requirement love his wife unconditionally, then the woman will submit voluntarily, willingly and lovingly.--yes
lipsrsealed
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by brutal(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
@Mutter-U r d best!
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by modavi: 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2012
MY husband is everything and more to me. My best friend, my lover, my brother and my father, I do not consciously submit to him but it happens by reflex, but being humble and open helps a long way.

[quote][/quote]hmm, nice1
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 28, 2012
Dear Lord,
You said that whatever we ask in thy name, as long as we have faith, it shall be done to us your children.
So in this we ask thee Lord that may we all find wives like[b] mutter[/b] . . . Amen!
May our unborn children be as funny and intelligent as her son . . . amen!
May our legs never stray to the door of jezebels like queensmith . . . Amen!
Slap us Lord should we ever attempt to speak to women like ileobatojo
Help us Lord never to listen to wicked men like moremi2008
but help us to be everything that dasparrow told us you want us to be to our wives
In Jesus name we pray,
amen
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by queensmith: 7:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
lol- jezebels like me won't even look twice at the likes of you. you can trust me on that one!
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by TV01(m): 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
ayodele123:

The man too must submit to his wife

Sounds like a recipe for confusion to. But please enlighten us how this would work in practice. I'm sure some would be interested to know and it would advance the discussion.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
queensmith:

lol- jezebels like me won't even look twice at the likes of you. you can trust me on that one!

The Lord is working already. grin It would be a disaster to have you look at me even once.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by queensmith: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
on a serious level, the thought of it induces violent regurgitations.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
queensmith:

on a serious level, the thought of it induces violent regurgitations.

You should not even bother thinking about that. I'm not even single. grin cheesy thanks but no thanks.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by coogar: 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
davidylan:

Dear Lord,
You said that whatever we ask in thy name, as long as we have faith, it shall be done to us your children.
So in this we ask thee Lord that may we all find wives like[b] mutter[/b] . . . Amen!
but help us to be everything that dasparrow told us you want us to be to our wives
In Jesus name we pray,
amen

copied, printed and posted on my wall to recite every morning.
jezebels like queensmith - the thought alone induces projectile vomiting.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by queensmith: 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2012
who said anything about being single david. . . . . . hehehehehehehe. *sighs* then *vomits*
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by tpia5: 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
all this yada yada yada- check

yada yada yada- check

yada yada yada- check

doesnt work for all guys jare.

you can be 1000% submissive and then find the beloved weathercock man running after the baddest mamajama in town.

na only prayer oh!!!
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
queensmith:

who said anything about being single david. . . . . . hehehehehehehe. *sighs* then *vomits*

just passing by . . . . *whistling* . . . . madam "raised to be a dokita". grin
Na only you go school abi.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by queensmith: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2012
@tpia I actually find its the submissive churchy ones that land in more trouble than others. . .
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Big2bore(m): 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2012
First, submissive means, tobe obedient. As for the wife or a woman, the woman was a product of a man, that is y de called woman. For the wife, the husband is the head of the house, while the wife is an helper or a supporter. For the wife tobe submissive dose not make her a full no! But to purport her husband not to compete with him even when is wrong. So been submissive as a wife will make her stay long with her husband. More so, been submissive as a wife is a sign of sacrifice in marriage.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by martin1(m): 9:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
davidylan:

Dear Lord,
In Jesus name we pray,
amen
Amen! grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Raikishi(m): 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
rotfl
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 2:37am On Feb 29, 2012
davidylan:

Dear Lord,

Slap ke? God abeg all those that try to speak to another man’s wife, give them clothesline and body slam!!! grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by EnlitendRaider(f): 4:20am On Feb 29, 2012
Marriage is the most overrated thing in the world
period.
:l
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 29, 2012
So it would seem.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 29, 2012
^^So it would seem.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by moremi2008(m): 9:56am On Feb 29, 2012
davidylan:

Dear Lord,
In Jesus name we pray,
amen

Oh, you have no choice! You WILL listen to me when I become your President! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I haven't said anything wicked in this thread at all (although I do confess so some wickedness in OTHER threads). The husband is not the wife's God. They should both submit to themselves in love. Some excusing village misogyny with the Bible and misinterpreting Pauline theology as a excuse for barbaric and antiquated ideas about marriage and love.

Do I want my future wife to respect me? Absolutely yes! Do I want her to submit to me in love and I to her in return? Yes! But the moment I chronically start to lay my hands on her or cheat on her, I fully expect her to protect herself. Marriage is NOT a jail cell. Divorce can be an option in certain cases that involve infidelity and physical abuse. Men need to stop thinking they have to imprison their wives with false theology to be respected and honored. There are easier and better ways to get a woman to die for you tori-torun and call you Big-Daddy in and out of bed - it all begins with loving and respecting her like Jesus has loved us, flaws and all.

I think I have said enough on this thread. Preaching to savages is a waste of time. smiley
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by LordReed(m): 10:00am On Feb 29, 2012
For me submission is a decision by the woman to allow her man to take the lead in matters. It implies meekness (which is have power/influence but using it for a greater good not selfish ends). It is required of women to submit in all matters however women must use wisdom in allowing their opposing views to be know. Do not get into a shouting match/fight with your man because you are right and he is wrong; it will only lead to dis-harmony in the home. Instead use your female charms to make him see reason. Believe me he will never make a major decision without consulting you again.

If you desire harmony in the home, women submit. As someone pointed out in previous post don't marry a drunkard or a cheat or a violent man because you still required to submit so best you do not make such a choice.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 29, 2012
@Op, To Work Up the Jump Like a Frog when Asked To! angry angry angry
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by prettiandra(f): 2:09pm On Feb 29, 2012
being submissive has to come from both sides
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by prettiandra(f): 2:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
Dear Lord,
So in this we ask thee Lord that may we all find wives like mutter . . . Amen!
In Jesus name we pray,
amen

hahahahahahahahaha
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by ayodele123(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
Quote from: ayodele123 on Yesterday at 05:21:57 PM
The man too must submit to his wife

TV01
Sounds like a recipe for confusion to. But please enlighten us how this would work in practice. I'm sure some would be interested to know and it would advance the discussion.

@TV01
   You want to know why the man must also submit to his wife?
   The man is the head while the woman is the neck. right?
The head cannot turn on its own without the neck turning just as the neck cannot turn without turning the head too
The man who wants real peace in his life,home and marriage must not see himself as a God ordained dictator who must compel submission from his wife. If a man wants to enjoy his wife's submission, coming voluntarily from her, he must first of all know how to attend to his wife's details. Attending to his wife's details is to place her interests above his and that is what love is all about. What is love? Love is a self-sacrificing loyal concern for the welfare of the other. This means that the welfare of the other, the wife comes first.
The husband who sees himself as a dictator is the one who strives to enforce Ephesians 5:22 ahead of Ephesians 5:25.
Sounds strange? Get more from the signature below www.maritalsuccessresource.com
This is the reason why many women are not submitting and many marriages and husbands are groaning.
Every husband is his wife's first son because he sucked her breasts first ahead of the children born n the marriage.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by maryini(f): 9:25pm On Feb 29, 2012
ayodele123:

@TV01
The head cannot turn on its own without the neck turning just as the neck cannot turn without turning the head too
The man who wants real peace in his life,home and marriage must not see himself as a God ordained dictator who must compel submission from his wife. If a man wants to enjoy his wife's submission, coming voluntarily from her, he must first of all know how to attend to his wife's details. Attending to his wife's details is to place her interests above his and that is what love is all about. What is love? Love is a self-sacrificing loyal concern for the welfare of the other. This means that the welfare of the other, the wife comes first.
The husband who sees himself as a dictator is the one who strives to enforce Ephesians 5:22 ahead of Ephesians 5:25.
Sounds strange? Get more from the signature below www.maritalsuccessresource.com
This is the reason why many women are not submitting and many marriages and husbands are groaning.
Every husband is his wife's first son because he sucked her bosoms first ahead of the children born n the marriage.

U r 100% correct! pls r u married?

ppl especially men like enforcing verses of d bible dat favour dem

it is so funny that even unbelievers expect submission 4rm dier wives after fornicating left right center

d only ppl dat deserve submission r does who r wholeheartedly living 4 God and can sacrifice EVERTHING for their wives, as CHRIST did 4 d church.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by TV01(m): 9:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
ayodele123:

[color=#990000]Quote from: ayodele123 on Yesterday at 05:21:57 PM

@TV01

Not sure what your point is here? So let me give you opportunity to explain before I disagree.
Being the head denotes "authority", being the neck doesn't. One submits to authority. Authority resides with the husband. If they submit to one another, who yeilds in the case of an impasse? Who has authority?

The head/neck union also denotes the two being one. And the mutually complimentary nature of the relationship. It is not speaking to authority as such.

ayodele123:

Every husband is his wife's first son because he sucked her bosoms first ahead of the children born n the marriage.

All you have detailed here is what the bible commands of husbands - Love and sacrifice. It doesn't ask him to submit to his wife. Your position is simply wrong. You are conflating two seperate notions.

Nobody has said the husband should be or is asked to be a dictator. Submission to authority is given, not forced. Submission and authority are intertwined. There can't be two authorities.

Lots of scripture, but non showing where a husband should submit to his wife.

Best
TV
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by modavi: 10:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
[quote author=maryini link=topic=880401.msg10302172#msg10302172 date=1330547145
it is so funny that even unbelievers expect submission 4rm dier wives after fornicating left right center---hmm, May God save us ooh!

d only ppl dat deserve submission r does who r wholeheartedly living 4 God and can sacrifice EVERTHING for their wives, as CHRIST did 4 d church.---Gbam!
[quote][/quote]
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by ayodele123(m): 9:23am On Mar 01, 2012
@TV
   You seem to misunderstand. The carnal mind cannot discern the things of the spirit. Wisdom is the principal thing. Marriage is a mystery.
   Love and submission flow together. A husband should love his wife and the wife should submit to her husband. Husband and wife are one flesh, not two. 1 plus 1 equals to 1 is the Bible standard in Marriage.
  In many marriages, the husband expects his wife to submit first before he loves her. This is absolutely wrong. What love is there if the woman must first submit before she is loved?where then is the sacrifice? Is it then not a master-servant relationship? And marriage is not a master-servant relationship. A man submitting to his wife does not imply that the man will become her slave who washes her clothes or bows at her feet in worship. Husband and wife are to submit to each other and love one another as members of one body. For instance,Some husbands will have a wrong opinion of an issue. the wife has a better idea but the man refuses to see her better point because he is the head(Ego),and will go headlong in his error and may regret it. there are husbands who will never ever listen to a wife's opinion even if hers is better and more reasonable to execute and will rather implement their own wrong opinion and come out with regrets. It has happened in many homes. Headship of the home does not imply that the husband must have his ways every time in every situation in the home. Submission to each other in the fear of the lord is a statement in Ephesians 5:21 and it applies to every body, every relationship including husbands and wives.CASE CLOSED!
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Submissive Wife. by mutter(f): 9:32am On Mar 01, 2012
davidylan, you are mean grin
Queensmith
Stop vomiting, you might be spilling out the little sense you have in there. ow can you be taking paracetamol for stomach ache. Besides the way you home must be smelling now, have no fear n o man will intrude. wink
Submission certainly does not mean losing ones self.
We all submit every day in our life to laws and regulations. At work we submit to our bosses. If you have an innovative idea at work but the company does not want to implement it does it make you a slave or someone that is weak and without a mind? Do you get rude and storm out? This you do for a mere income.
Now here you have a woman in a family, there is more at stake than just a mere income and you think that submission is out of place- strange.
The few times I ever pleaded with my husband to let me have my way, even though he was against it always backfired. i had to come back and admit that it was a wrong decision and I wished he had stopped me.
Through my submission I have gained myself unimaginable freedom in my marriage. For instance my husband is not in any way a social person but he lets me go out even all night long. This is because he knows that he can trust me and that I would never do it without his blessing. Even if he says you can go if you want to, I will never go. He needs to let me know that he approves it. He also knows exactly where I am and most times it is a social function so he has no problems.
He has also never had a problem with women or men calling this house or visiting me.
Since most of my decisions are rational, he also hardly objects, so I find it hard to imagine where I am missing out.
Most time when he opposes my suggestion, I thank him for his advice. I am intelligent enough to reason that he is right and that I was on the wrong lane.
Sometimes it does happen that his own decision was wrong. Even then I still accept it. I certainly tell him my opinion but let him know that I submit to his decision.
Eventually he also comes back to me to admit I was right. I think making those mistakes was also very important in building our marriage because he had to make them to appreciate that I was right and also even more important- that i loved him and respected him enough to accept and stand behind the wrong decisions.
That`s how you build a marriage. Today we both know where our strong points and weak points are.
When it comes to decision making - I make most of them today because my husband knows I am very competent, most especially when it pertains to the children.
When it comes to finances- I submit to my husband. This is because in this regard he is more competent. I can be somewhat spontaneous and he is very reasonable with money. To be honest I had to struggle some years with that one,  wink
Do I loose my identity because I clean and cook, pet and spoil him?- certainly not he is my first baby in the house. I do the same for all my kids.
Do I loose my identity because I apologise, even when I am not necessarily to blame?- Certainly not because apologising is a good way of opening the door for the man to apologise and admit his fault, while retaining his pride. When you apologise you are apologising for what you did wrong, which might have been raising your voice or getting rude.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'My Thoughts On Child Marriage' - Peregrino Brimah (Dr) / Lady Mourns Her Husband's Death, Two Months After Their Wedding / Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.