Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,460 members, 7,781,325 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:31 PM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? (100311 Views)

5 Little Things That Make Him Lose Interest In You. / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / 6 Reasons Nice Guys Lose Out On The Hot Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by vampire(m): 2:05am On Mar 10, 2008
@ all
    No fear with mephisto, its peace, its only fake people that brings threats. 4give me 4 disrupting your thread because of a soul on the T list, well lets see how srtong she claims to be,
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 10, 2008
@D-R
LOl. . .the losers. . sadly, they're the majority cry
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 2:10am On Mar 10, 2008
4 Play:

Exactly.Many women are too keen to create a false impression.Look at them,everything about them is fake-hair,nails,eyelids,lips,e.t.c grin grin

grin grin the fake hair is the one that gets to me the most. Add to that fake airs.
The fake accessories can attract a man, only the inner character keeps him.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Play(m): 2:13am On Mar 10, 2008
D-reloaded:

4Play, even when we pick the ones worthy of our time, the sore losers still go around claiming "yea well she wasnt worth it anyway" so make I hear word.

That one is in our "manual" anyway.Its a core part of our emotional "shock absorber" after rejection. grin

Obviously,some people take it too far by broadcasting "she wasn't worth it anyway" to the world or developing animus for the lady. grin

The point still stands though,many "winners" will discover that the girl wasn't all she was cracked up to be after she accepts.Its the cliche,"familiarity breeds contempt."
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 2:16am On Mar 10, 2008
4 Play:

That one is in our "manual" anyway.Its a core part of our emotional "shock absorber" after rejection. grin

I doubt it, more often that not its the "rejected" woman's desperate attempt to convince herself.  grin grin
Frankly if a woman who was worth it rejects u (i admit it will happen to almost every guy out there), most men i know are humble enough to admit that the girl was just out of their league anyway.
Its different from the other scenario u describe.

4 Play:

The point still stands though,many "winners" will discover that the girl wasn't all she was cracked up to be after she accepts.Its the cliche,"familiarity breeds contempt."

I concur.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 2:17am On Mar 10, 2008
4 Play:

Obviously,some people take it too far by broadcasting "she wasn't worth it anyway" to the world or developing animus for the lady. grin

At least you're willing to admit most men are guilty pof it unlike those in pitiful denial. It's pretty pathetic though don't you think? cheesy

As for your last comment, I see what you mean so don't you think that so such things wont happen more often, guys would have the common sense to try to understand the person they are "chasing", be friends first, get to know the person befpore THEN after they realize on their own said girl is "worthy of their hearts" they go on with the "chase", wouldnt that make more sense? Instead of wasting time on someone that just might not be your match in the end?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 2:21am On Mar 10, 2008
D-reloaded:

As for your last comment, I see what you mean so don't you think that so such things wont happen more often, guys would have the common sense to try to understand the person they are "chasing", be friends first, get to know the person befpore THEN after they realize on their own said girl is "worthy of their hearts" they go on with the "chase", wouldnt that make more sense? Instead of wasting time on someone that just not be your match in the end?

all this is preaching. Perhaps that "be friends first" scenario worked in the 80s . . . . today there is no time to attempt to be friends first when you know that u're not the only one doing the "chasing". In a world where its who gets there first that wins, no one wants to sit down waiting for the "Friends" phase.

Did that several times in college and had empty hands to show for it.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 2:24am On Mar 10, 2008
So it's better to go off chasing someone that supposedly ends up "not being worth it" at the end of the day?

Better to be empty handed than mismatched and miserable.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 2:24am On Mar 10, 2008
4Him:

all this is preaching. Perhaps that "be friends first" scenario worked in the 80s . . . . today there is no time to attempt to be friends first when you know that u're not the only one doing the "chasing". In a world where its who gets there first that wins, no one wants to sit down waiting for the "Friends" phase.

Did that several times in college and had empty hands to show for it.
like i said before, men view women as games. . .and you wonder why we "play" hard to get
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Play(m): 2:24am On Mar 10, 2008
4Him:

grin grin the fake hair is the one that gets to me the most. Add to that fake airs.
The fake accessories can attract a man, only the inner character keeps him.

Never mind those,the thing I found is that because of the way gender relationships are,many women hold an exaggerated impression of their "worth".

Everyday,they are told by men,that they are "all that." At a certain point,many start to believe this(usually in their 20s).The problem is this same "pitch" is sold by men to pretty much every young woman.Many of these women do know that men do this to young women in general,problem is,at some point they start to believe that their own case is unique.Of course,they want to believe this and faced with the inevitable deluge of courting men,they cave in and start to believe a lot of what they are told.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 2:29am On Mar 10, 2008
4Play no be your kind that cae up with the stupid concept of calling women "queens" and they too go around screaming "treat my like a queen!", a phrase I loathe very much actually.

so if women go around thinking they are all that and bag of Doritos esp those that really are not, blame yourselves for telling them that stuff and stop complaining at the end of it.

Queens ko, Brooklyn ni.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Play(m): 2:33am On Mar 10, 2008
D-reloaded:

As for your last comment, I see what you mean so don't you think that so such things wont happen more often, guys would have the common sense to try to understand the person they are "chasing", be friends first, get to know the person befpore THEN after they realize on their own said girl is "worthy of their hearts" they go on with the "chase", wouldnt that make more sense? Instead of wasting time on someone that just might not be your match in the end?

That is the ideal way to conduct things.I think many of us are simply impatient,probably more driven by sex than we will admit to ourselves.When the girl turns us down,we resort to our innate defence mechanism.

D-reloaded:

4Play no be your kind that cae up with the stupid concept of calling women "queens" and they too go around screaming "treat my like a queen!", a phrase I loathe very much actually.

so if women go around thinking they are all that and bag of Doritos esp those that really are not, blame yourselves for telling them that stuff and stop complaining at the end of it.

Queens ko, Brooklyn ni.

Don't think I ever used that expression in my life. grin I actually resent that Queen nonsense,"honesty is the best policy." grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 2:35am On Mar 10, 2008
morenike09:

like i said before, men view women as games. . .and you wonder why we "play" hard to get

Look, its a game. Better get over it.  grin

D-reloaded:

So it's better to go off chasing someone that supposedly ends up "not being worth it" at the end of the day?

Better to be empty handed than mismatched and miserable.

If you dont try how do u know if she was worth it or not in the end? The empty handed phase comes out as a learning experience, now more than ever you have a better idea of what u actually DONT want.

4 Play:

Never mind those,the thing I found is that because of the way gender relationships are,many women hold an exaggerated impression of their "worth".

Everyday,they are told by men,that they are "all that." At a certain point,many start to believe this(usually in their 20s).The problem is this same "pitch" is sold by men to pretty much every young woman.Many of these women do know that men do this to young women in general,problem is,at some point they start to believe that their own case is unique.Of course,they want to believe this and faced with the inevitable deluge of courting men,they cave in and start to believe a lot of what they are told.

Do i blame them?  grin The "pitch" is all part of the "chase".
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 2:40am On Mar 10, 2008
@david
so you guys make it a game, in turn, we played the game and make you guys suffer during that round. . . so why are you

guys complaining that we play too hard to get?. . . eh en, you started the game, now bare the fruit of the game. . . .and

playing hard to get is kind of fun. . .its lovely making the weaklings miserable. this is the survival of the fittest na, if you

can't stand us playing hard to get, abeg, feel free to turn homosexual cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by quickygirl(f): 2:41am On Mar 10, 2008
i noticed you are hash
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 2:42am On Mar 10, 2008
Morenike09 dear, the "game" is not in playing a little hard to get . . . infact a girl who doesnt put up small resistance is sometimes viewed with a little suspicion.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 2:47am On Mar 10, 2008
4Him:

Morenike09 dear, the "game" is not in playing a little hard to get . . . infact a girl who doesnt put up small resistance is sometimes viewed with a little suspicion.

ok David, tell me, what do you want us to do to satisfy you guy?
if we dnt pull up small resistance, we're viewed with supicion(as you stated), but if we put up resistance, we're playing too hard. . .ki le fe ka se?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by 4Him(m): 2:50am On Mar 10, 2008
Your idea of resistance should be qualified with "a little". wink
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 2:51am On Mar 10, 2008
4 Play:

That is the ideal way to conduct things.I think many of us are simply impatient,probably more driven by sex than we will admit to ourselves.When the girl turns us down,we resort to our innate defense mechanism.

Don't think I ever used that expression in my life. grin I actually resent that Queen nonsense,"honesty is the best policy." grin

See this is why I usually prefer reading your comments on stuff like this. You usually saying it like it is even if it makes guys kind of look "bad"

Glad you agree that it's the ideal way to establish some sort of friendship first and good to know you are aware that most men are impatient, therefore they should just blame themselves in the end if the person they chased without barely knowing ends up being someone totally wrong for them. Relationships that usually last are the ones where the two were close friends from the beginning, not when they guy just lusts after he person 2 mins after seeing the girl.

Lol blame 2Face jare, na him start that madness with his bloody African Queen, now we'll never hear the end of "treat me like a Queen" bullshit. Makes me sick.
I personally prefer "treat me how you'd loved to be treat or how you'd treat someone dear to you". Simple.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 10, 2008
4Him:

Your idea of resistance should be qualified with "a little". wink
hmmmm. . . .but even a "little" can be none or too much. . .abeg, efi wa sile. . eja ke shere wa. . . tongue you guys are just crying b/c we make it hard for you and you end up losing the "game" at the end. . .

@all (except for you sha) grin

broke@$$ niggas. . .dem dey cry because dem can't beat their own game. either by money or by charm. . .who dash naija men romance anywayz. . .puhlzzz, their idea of romance is to get their wife pregnant
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 3:01am On Mar 10, 2008
the hell is egunsi sef?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 10, 2008
D-reloaded:

the hell is egunsi sef?
if egunsi is before soup, am guessing its a soup you eat with amala
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 3:05am On Mar 10, 2008
Well in my part of Nigeria it's Egusi

and Normal people dont eat that crap that looks like vomit. Only thing that should be eaten with amala is OKRA
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by henry007(m): 3:06am On Mar 10, 2008
i think the answer morenike is looking for lies within
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 10, 2008
henry007:

i think the answer morenike is looking for lies within
look, little boy, i said get the Bleep off my back. . .i no send you. . .i told you why you got blocked from my YIM, i dnt like womanwrappers. . .omo, you make me sick. . . . you dnt even qualify for the weakest link in naija society, consider yourself part of the trash pile. . adios. . i no get time for you, boy. . .now, shoo fly dnt bother me

D-reloaded:

Well in my part of Nigeria it's Egusi

and Normal people don't eat that crap that looks like vomit. Only thing that should be eaten with amala is OKRA
egunsi, egusi potatoe potata. . .who cares as long as you understood what i mean. . . so i never learned to write yoruba, ok. . if normal people dnt eat the crap the looks like vomit, consider me not normal. . .i love it and i eat it. . undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Dreloaded(f): 3:14am On Mar 10, 2008
Is Yorube the new language in town? tongue
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by buzzgonz(m): 3:15am On Mar 10, 2008
Haba, i guess you guyz re not beefing in here undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 10, 2008
buzzgonz:

Haba, i guess you guys re not beefing in here undecided
niceuzor, hibernation ended?

D-reloaded:

Is Yorube the new language in town? tongue
as matter of fact, its yuruba cool i converted yoruba to the new yuruba
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by buzzgonz(m): 3:21am On Mar 10, 2008
morenike09 Oluwa shocked shocked shocked Who is Niceuzor ? shocked By the way how did you sef undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 10, 2008
buzzgonz:

morenike09 Oluwa shocked shocked shocked Who is Niceuzor ? shocked By the way how did you sef undecided
rotflmao. . .omo, i knew it long be4. dnt play the game with me. . its ok sha. . .who am i to rebuke you when am using a diff idea. . . you gave yourself away
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by buzzgonz(m): 3:27am On Mar 10, 2008
Please let's be sincere here who are you? embarassed
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest In Relationships After The Chase? by Nobody: 3:31am On Mar 10, 2008
buzzgonz:

Please let's be sincere here who are you? embarassed
i am who i am. . . grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Groom Takes Off Bride’s Pant, Throws It Into The Crowd At Their Wedding (Video) / This Lady Was Dumped On Her Honeymoon After Hubby Saw Her Without Make-up (pics) / I Can’t Count Number Of Men That Slept With Me, 17-yr Impregnated Student (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.