Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,178 members, 7,780,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:17 AM

Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad (38510 Views)

The World Will End Tomorrow - Christian Group Predicts / Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad' Une / So Which Jesus Was Crucified? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by olasesi(m): 1:10am On Feb 28, 2012
^^^^^^^my above post was satirical
read carefully
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by aribisala0(m): 1:12am On Feb 28, 2012
Christians have continued to misrepresent a prophesy made to King Ahaz. No where in that prophesy was messiah mentioned. Secondly the context of that prophesy was contemporaneous over 700 years before Jesus was born and nothing to do with Jesus
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by aribisala0(m): 1:12am On Feb 28, 2012
ok no worries
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by olasesi(m): 1:13am On Feb 28, 2012
gse-integrity:

THE MESSIAH WAS PROPHESIED TO COME BY A VIRGIN, LIVE ,DIE FOR THE SINS OF MAN AND RESSURECT TO THE GLORY OF GOD.  ![/i]
WE KNOW
everything always start and end INSIDE THE BIBLE
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Ranoscky(m): 1:16am On Feb 28, 2012
Would love to see the bible o!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by aribisala0(m): 1:23am On Feb 28, 2012
Have a look at this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaiah_7:14#Secular_interpretations
or read the context of the whole chapter here and tell me what this has to do with Jesus
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah+7&version=NIV
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by omobadan(m): 1:56am On Feb 28, 2012
It's funny how some Christians who call Muslims fanatics, will read any article that questions their religion and start spewing vile rubbish. Isn't that two-faced? The Bible, if you must know, is an inconsistent book. It was put together by some people in an European city. That means there were certain scriptures that were ignored. On that basis alone, we can't come here and dismissed any story just because you're a Christian but because we've seen the facts!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 2:20am On Feb 28, 2012
ridgeman:

@kingoflag

Are you worried? If the Gospel of Barnabas is true then Matthew,Mark,Luke and John cannot be false. Simples. And note I haven't insulted you back, but that's ok.

I could care less if you insulted me, as I did not insult you; all I did was ask you to stop being silly and open up your mind. I cant stand the fake piousness most "Religious" people try to propagate and thats why I said people like you make me sick, because, quite frankly, you do make me sick!

I never said the Gospel of Barnabas is true, nor did I say that of Matthew, Luke, Mark or John are reliable either. Neither did I say they were false. Go back and reread my post and understand my position.

Like I told you, pick up a book and read. Understand, thoroughly, the origins of that which you profess to believe. Dont be a(n) (un)witting fanatic for a cause which you do not understand. This also goes for the Muslims too.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Oye50(m): 2:31am On Feb 28, 2012
How many times has a christian scholar comes out to tell us dat our beautiful religion was validated by ur muhammed. Imagine d stuff said dat Jesus' not God but man n u believed Him saying dat mohammed would be d messiah. Trash, u guys always feel inferior wt ur religion, dats y one of ur scholars can come on air to criticize d bible. How many pastors have time for dat. Der's no salvation in islam, even mohammed knew dat n dat was y he mentioned something dat he didn't know where he would end up afterwards. Only God just decide arbitrarily to chose ppl to heaven or hell. Little did i wonder when some bunch of fools would believe dat after killing innocent lifes u ll den wake up in heaven to be rewarded by 21virgins. I would rather die at gun point dan become a muslim. I hate d religion wt passion
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Isk(f): 2:37am On Feb 28, 2012
First of all,pls permit me to lol. Those who spent £1.5m to mk a photocopy of it shld ask for their money back cos they've bn PUNKED!!! Lmao. Gospel ni,epistle kó
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by aribisala0(m): 2:40am On Feb 28, 2012
Which scholar

did not read of any

how do we know the scholar if there is one  is muslim and not hindu or a devil worshipper ??

Why must people react like a mob, Let us stick to facts

Read the link and do NOT misrepresent it.

No one has said anything validates anything
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Ezeufi: 2:46am On Feb 28, 2012
Not to denigrate anyone but I've come to find out that Nigerian (nay Black) Christians are the most Ignorant when it comes to their religion. They do not know its history nor do they know its origin. Compare how a Muslim, Buddhist, Jew or Hindu knows his/her religion in and out and you'll realize that majority of Christians do no have the slightest idea about their religion. Many still dont know Jesus was a Jew. Nor do they know that he wasnt a white man. A lot (as evidenced by the responses on this thread) dont even know what language their "Savior" spoke. A good 99% probably dont even know that Jesus was not Christian[color=#990000][/color]!

How many know that Jesus did not have a single input in what is in the Bible today? How many know that it was mostly "written" by the followers of his followers (sometimes 100s of years after Jesus was said to have been crucified)? So, if you accept translations of those kind of writings into the Bible, and use it as a guidance in your faith, why now cast doubt on this book just because it was written time after Jesus was killed?

How many of you know that Jews dont even "count" Christianity as a Religion and that If Jesus came back today and started proclaiming himself Messiah, they would gladly crucify him again without any remorse? You think its a coincidence that since Mel Gibson released The Passion of The Christ (which Jews vehemently Opposed) his career has been shattered?

How many Christians know the history of the Bible? How many know how it was compiled? How many even know that Christianity was a ploy with which the White man used to enslave the Black man, drag him across oceans to work on plantations like a horse only to turn around and use Bible passages to justify their cruel and inhumane act?

Open your eyes black man; youve been fo*olish for too long. You abandoned the ways of your fathers and have picked that up which is meant to worship the main aspects of vanity and waste of this world. How many of you go to churches where the Pastor doesnt have a Bentley or Mercedes Benz? How many of you dont admire your preachers that fly around in Private Jets? How many of you dont know that your preacher lives lavish off your donations while trying to convince you that your reward is in heaven---or here on earth--- if you let him (Preacher) pray hard enough for you and forward your concerns to the Almighty only if you pay a huge donation, of course?

How many of your preachers doesnt have a $25,000 Rolex? How many of you can afford that? Dont be fo.olish and ignorant learn your history. Knowledge is power. Read. For those of you doubting this document just because it doesnt conform with the beliefs which youre used to, I say : "Stop being lazy and SEEK". First and foremost, go and find out how the Bible was compiled so you have an idea what youre speaking of. Always read everything with an open mind. Approach issues without casting judgement, especially when you havent fairly reviewed the facts presented or rationally/logically viewed every angle (of the claims being forwarded).

For all of you whom I described above, I leave you (in my next post) with another Gospel that didnt make its way into the final compilation of the Bible because it doesnt submit to the intentions of the original Pagan Roman Rulers who intended to use Christianity as a means to control their populace and conquered territories---- This Gospel hasnt been proven to the fake.

Open your mind and read. Seek Knowledge. The worst of men is he who thinks he knows but really doesnt. Universally, such a person is called a mor.on or a blathering buffoon. Dont be a moro>n or a blathering buffoon.

Dude, what are you Talking about? King David is called a christian by Nigerians. Even though he lived gazillion years before christ. No wonder Nigerian christians are very much scared of the truth.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by tomzman: 3:56am On Feb 28, 2012
Oye50:

How many times has a christian scholar comes out to tell us dat our beautiful religion was validated by ur muhammed. Imagine d stuff said dat Jesus' not God but man n u believed Him saying dat mohammed would be d messiah. Trash, u guys always feel inferior wt ur religion, dats y one of ur scholars can come on air to criticize d bible. How many pastors have time for dat. Der's no salvation in islam, even mohammed knew dat n dat was y he mentioned something dat he didn't know where he would end up afterwards. Only God just decide arbitrarily to chose ppl to heaven or hell. Little did i wonder when some bunch of fools would believe dat after killing innocent lifes u ll den wake up in heaven to be rewarded by 21virgins. I would rather die at gun point dan become a muslim. I hate d religion wt passion
SECONDED!!!

Jesus has made it clear in the Bible that in the end times, things like this would come up so, I am not bothered.When one carries out an in depth examination of islam and its books, (on a neutral basis) one would discover that there is no salvation in the religion.Even if ten ancient books like this one are dug out, with predictions of Muhammed in them, for the very fact that he himself confessed that he doesn't know his fate after this world (unlike Jesus) makes him and his religion unworthy of following.QED.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by BetaThings: 4:00am On Feb 28, 2012
Oye50:

When you call someone a fool, make sure that you don't do anything that is illogical
So christians don't criticise the Qur'an. There are websites devoted to that. Just google
Inferior? How? As far as I know, it is Christians that fortify their envangelism with lies
We see how you guys import photos of disaster in Congo and blame it on Nigerian muslims, we see how attacks on muslims are not reported and when reported, people dispute them using all manners of subterfuge
whereas if anything negative about Islam, no matter how silly, is mentioned, all phone networks go into overdrive with texting
And anything that seems to portray Islam in good light causes so much psychological agitation to Christians, one wonders what the problem is
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by BetaThings: 4:03am On Feb 28, 2012
tomzman:

SECONDED!!!

Jesus has made it clear in the Bible that in the end times, things like this would come up so, I am not bothered.When one carries out an in depth examination of islam and its books, (on a neutral basis) one would discover that there is no salvation in the religion.Even if ten ancient books like this one are dug out, with predictions of Muhammed in them, for the very fact that he himself confessed that he doesn't know his fate after this world (unlike Jesus) makes him and his religion unworthy of following.QED.
Your Bible approves lying to carry forth the word of God. Can women speak in Church? Is a woman not required to submit to her husband in EVERYTHING? Is silence the best answer to a fool. Is the answer not both Yes and No?
Stop trying to paint an unreal image. A religion must have substance. It cannot just be PR
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 4:18am On Feb 28, 2012
My fingers are crossed why I watch religionists fight over poo.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Parnassuss(m): 4:24am On Feb 28, 2012
All this over some soon to be forgotten piece of ancient crap. I don't know who appraised that cow's hide at £14M but I don't think its worth 2kobos, I doubt anyone here will hear about it till we all die. This gist is pointless
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Leemak: 4:33am On Feb 28, 2012
AHLIHAMDULILAI truth is revealling!!!, how can a man borne out of d womb of a woman be called a God? Its high time World Christians woke up from their slumber, even d Gospel confirmed it dt Jesus Christ was a human being & even rejected d idea of Holy Trinity, Go & check ur Old Testament Bible again u wil neva see a verse where "Christianity" is called a religion, can some1 here on nairaland differentiate between Lord Jesus & a real God? If u can why directing your prayers to Lord Jesus Christ? CONFUSED PEOPLE,

1 Like

Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by Nobody: 4:34am On Feb 28, 2012
Ezeufi:

Dude, what are you Talking about? King David is called a christian by Nigerians. Even though he lived gazillion years before christ. No wonder Nigerian christians are very much scared of the truth.

Lol. Can You read? If you can: CAN YOU "COMPREHEND"? Reread what I wrote again.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by yusuf01(m): 7:05am On Feb 28, 2012
You know, I don't really get upset by the amount of bigotry and hate shown on this forum towards Islam, the earliest scholars suffered the same, but that hasn't changed the truth one bit, has it? The truth still remains that your arrogance has blindfolded you, and as a result, you are being lead astray. It has been written in several portions of the Qur'an about how the christians hid some of the revelations that predicts the coming of Mohammed, and this just proves it (at least, for those that have their doubts).
Come to think of it, Mohammed came 570 years after the so called 'death' of Jesus; an unlettered person that couldn't read nd write for all years of his life and was relating stories about prophets - Adam, Solomon, David, Moses, even Jesus, about his miraculous birth - and you guys still refer to him as a liar despite the fact that you can affirm these stories? All the hatred you guys have for him is simply cos he said the truth - that Jesus is just only a messenger; a man not different from Moses, Solomon, Abraham, A man sent by God to warn his people. Not more than that, A messenger of God!
You know I was reading the other topic of on this forum about how the body of a dead islamic saint was still fresh upon exhumation after 10 years and you guys were still spewing hated, about how it's a lie, Some even requested for pictures for confirmation, while others gave scientific evidences why such shouldn't be attributed to spirituality. You guys are worse than Pharaoh: when God asked Moses to throw down his stick which turned to serpent after Moses had done that, Pharaoh said ' this is nothing except magic. He called all the magicians and even after Moses' serpent swallowed all of theirs, he still wasn't satisfied, he still never believed that it was God's handiwork. I'm sure, if that division of the Red Sea happened now, you guys will still be giving scientific rubbish about how it is scientifically possible. Pharaoh didn't believe that also, until death overtook him and he said; I believe in the God of Moses.
The same thing is happening here, all proofs that Islam is the only true religion - that Jesus is only a messenger of God - will still fall on you guys deaf eyes, until death overtake you (I pray you know the truth before then), then the truth will be clear!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by ridgeman: 7:31am On Feb 28, 2012
I guess all religions should start looking into other religions to validate their own religion! As its been said by others on this thread there is no need to research the bible to validate Islam neither is there need to research the koran to validate Christianity. Doesn't that make sense? Each one to his own belief and ultimate fate!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by daregold: 7:47am On Feb 28, 2012
yusuf01:

You know, I don't really get upset by the amount of bigotry and hate shown on this forum towards Islam, the earliest scholars suffered the same, but that hasn't changed the truth one bit, has it? The truth still remains that your arrogance has blindfolded you, and as a result, you are being lead astray. It has been written in several portions of the Qur'an about how the christians hid some of the revelations that predicts the coming of Mohammed, and this just proves it (at least, for those that have their doubts).
Come to think of it, Mohammed came 570 years after the so called 'death' of Jesus; an unlettered person that couldn't read nd write for all years of his life and was relating stories about prophets - Adam, Solomon, David, Moses, even Jesus, about his miraculous birth - and you guys still refer to him as a liar despite the fact that you can affirm these stories? All the hatred you guys have for him is simply cos he said the truth - that Jesus is just only a messenger; a man not different from Moses, Solomon, Abraham,  A man sent by God to warn his people. Not more than that,  A messenger of God!
You know I was reading the other topic of on this forum about how the body of a dead islamic saint was still fresh upon exhumation after 10 years and you guys were still spewing hated, about how it's a lie,  Some even requested for pictures for confirmation, while others gave scientific evidences why such shouldn't be attributed to spirituality. You guys are worse than Pharaoh: when God asked Moses to throw down his stick which turned to serpent after Moses had done that, Pharaoh said ' this is nothing except magic. He called all the magicians and even after Moses' serpent swallowed all of theirs, he still wasn't satisfied, he still never believed that it was God's handiwork. I'm sure, if that division of the Red Sea happened now, you guys will still be giving scientific rubbish about how it is scientifically possible. Pharaoh didn't believe that also, until death overtook him and he said; I believe in the God of Moses.
The same thing is happening here, all proofs that Islam is the only true religion - that Jesus is only a messenger of God - will still fall on you guys deaf eyes, until death overtake you (I pray you know the truth before then), then the truth will be clear!

Yusuf I am not part of those that argue religious issues. Go and do your research very well, you will discover that it was a jewish catholic priest that trainned mohammed.So, the knowledge of everything in the Bible is on his fingertips.That is why you will discover that Islam is an abridge of catholism and jewdaism.Moreso, you will further discover that his original intention was not to setup another religious organisation.Research the Rest for yourself and not argument.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by tbaba12345: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2012
daregold:

Yusuf I am not part of those that argue religious issues. Go and do your research very well, you will discover that it was a jewish catholic priest that trainned mohammed.So, the knowledge of everything in the Bible is on his fingertips.That is why you will discover that Islam is an abridge of catholism and jewdaism.Moreso, you will further discover that his original intention was not to setup another religious organisation.

Lol, i think you are the one who needs to do research:::

get a copy of the Quran for yourself and read a little about the prophet.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by tbaba12345: 8:00am On Feb 28, 2012
yusuf01:

Come to think of it, Mohammed came 570 years after the so called 'death' of Jesus; an unlettered person that couldn't read nd write for all years of his life and was relating stories about prophets - Adam, Solomon, David, Moses, even Jesus, about his miraculous birth - and you guys still refer to him as a liar despite the fact that you can affirm these stories? All the hatred you guys have for him is simply cos he said the truth - that Jesus is just only a messenger; a man not different from Moses, Solomon, Abraham, A man sent by God to warn his people. Not more than that, A messenger of God!
You know I was reading the other topic of on this forum about how the body of a dead islamic saint was still fresh upon exhumation after 10 years and you guys were still spewing hated, about how it's a lie, Some even requested for pictures for confirmation, while others gave scientific evidences why such shouldn't be attributed to spirituality. You guys are worse than Pharaoh: when God asked Moses to throw down his stick which turned to serpent after Moses had done that, Pharaoh said ' this is nothing except magic. He called all the magicians and even after Moses' serpent swallowed all of theirs, he still wasn't satisfied, he still never believed that it was God's handiwork. I'm sure, if that division of the Red Sea happened now, you guys will still be giving scientific rubbish about how it is scientifically possible. Pharaoh didn't believe that also, until death overtook him and he said; I believe in the God of Moses.

Indeed, those who disbelieve (cover the truth) - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe.

God has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. (Q2:6-7)
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by tiarabubu: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2012
@lagoshia
this finding isn't about what you see as "funny stories".whether those stories are "true" or "funny" is entirely a different story and case to talk about and study.

the issue of "heretical gospel" and "canonical gospel" is also not within the scope of this discussion.what the early church fathers deemed acceptable as "gospel" or rejectable as "apocrypha" can only be explained by their ancient minds and their desire to formulate their trinitarian doctrines and what support them textually especially through "pious fraud".they naturally will take,add or subtract what suits or fits their accepted ideas or maginations and reject what doesn't.there were also early church fathers who rejected the trinity and also the doctrine of "crucifixion" like Arius and Iraneus.that doesn't make them less believable.the others promoting what we know today as trinitarian christianity promoting the idea of the alleged crucifixion were only right because they had political power and backing from the roman empire which newly adopted christianity and introduced pagan concepts like the divinity of Jesus (as) into it.like i said,this is totally out of the scope of our discussion.

as for the topic we are looking at,it is interesting only to note that it is amazing how a document written before Muhammad (sa) was born has come to prove its authenticity centuries after christianity rejected it as "false gospel" mainly because of its monotheistic outlook .if a "false gospel" can rightly make a prediction that came to pass,then that is not a false gospel after all.it makes sense to say that is a prophecy made that came to pass unlike the prophecies that are false we find in the gospels christians believe are true:

just as with the course of writing the Hadith where great effort went into shifting through accounts of the faithful, many felt the "need" or zealousness to formulate additional religious text to fit their thinking on how the gospel should be. It was critical that the religious text were preserved as they truly are and early Church fathers guarded against that. Paul warned of it several times in his letters to fledgling churches of his days.

as for those talking about the bible being put together, for the sake of understanding even the Koran went through some collation under the caliphs, some parts were lost as a result of men who memorized them dying in battles and there are several versions with differences in the middle east. some processes were initiated to try to get the Koran as original as possible. Whether they succeeded is a debate for another day.

Christians know who was to come after Christ. Apart from the xteristic of the comforter as listed by Jesus himself, the lifestyle,  personality, message, style and actions of both are poles apart and its implausible that Jesus meant that Prophet Muhammad was the comforter.

Some Muslims have used the root letters and sounds in the Christian texts common to that of Muhammad's name to justify him being mentioned even though the meaning are completely different (for want of time I will not go to details now). Not one is convincing. It will be something similar they will look out for.

Then of course the conspiracy theories of Christians wanting to do this and that to aid the propagation of their religion. Its a worn out path for apologists that one will not dignify with a response.

and finally, why the desperation to validate prophet Muhammad through Christian texts? The obsession is beyond me, honestly. He needs no mention in Christian text for his message to shine through. I don't see this obsession from other religions.

Lets see what this Gospel of Barnabas has to offer even though we know from Paul's writing  the strong relationship between himself and Barnabas; both men have not contradicted themselves.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by onetrack(m): 9:09am On Feb 28, 2012
tiarabubu:

@lagoshia
just as with the course of writing the Hadith where great effort went into shifting through accounts of the faithful, many felt the "need" or zealousness to formulate additional religious text to fit their thinking on how the gospel should be. It was critical that the religious text were preserved as they truly are and early Church fathers guarded against that. Paul warned of it several times in his letters to fledgling churches of his days.

as for those talking about the bible being put together,  for the sake of understanding even the Koran went through some collation under the caliphs, some parts were lost as a result of men who memorized them dying in battles and there are several versions with differences in the middle east. some processes were initiated to try to get the Koran as original as possible. Whether they succeeded is a debate for another day.

Christians know who was to come after Christ. Apart from the xteristic of the comforter as listed by Jesus himself, the lifestyle,  personality, message, style and actions of both are poles apart and its implausible that Jesus meant that Prophet Muhammad was the comforter.

Some Muslims have used the root letters and sounds in the Christian texts common to that of Muhammad's name to justify him being mentioned even though the meaning are completely different (for want of time I will not go to details now). Not one is convincing. It will be something similar they will look out for.

Then of course the conspiracy theories of Christians wanting to do this and that to aid the propagation of their religion. Its a worn out path for apologists that one will not dignify with a response.

and finally, why the desperation to validate prophet Muhammad through Christian texts? The obsession is beyond me, honestly. He needs no mention in Christian text for his message to shine through. I don't see this obsession from other religions.

Lets see what this Gospel of Barnabas has to offer even though we know from Paul's writing  the strong relationship between himself and Barnabas; both men have not contradicted themselves.

Funny I was just about to write something similar to you.   In any case I fully agree.    People read into things whatever they want to believe.  Just because there is a word in Hebrew that sounds like ONE of Mohammad's names (Achmed) does not mean that he is mentioned in the Torah.  For that matter,  my given name is also mentioned in the Torah.  Hardly a prediction of me.

I am neither Muslim or Christian--more like a freethinker--and what would be most interesting to me would be to see an examination of the book and the text  by scientists and historians.  I am sure it will turn out to be dated much later than they claim as have all previous copies of St. Barnabas;   not sure if the Turks would allow this,  however.

In my opinion all religions are man-made.  Hell and Satan are figurative terms used to describe our own struggles,  rather than a real place and a real being.
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by kingsleyejims(m): 9:25am On Feb 28, 2012
What a despara8 move by desperadoes, ur conspiracy didnt work out.mind u,Jesus' coming was to reconcile us back to God 2ru His death.DO NOT BE DECEIVED!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by kingsleyejims(m): 9:27am On Feb 28, 2012
What a despara8 move by desperadoes, ur conspiracy didnt work out.mind u,Jesus' coming was to reconcile us back to God 2ru His death.DO NOT BE DECEIVED!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by hikmoj(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]. Who ever is guided by Allah can never be misguided by man, most of you knew noting about the history of your religion, how then can you recognise the truth? Oro yin bi dabi alaisan to loyin koro!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by 2Mekus: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2012
Another Satanic Verses unearthed.   So the selling point of this one is that 'Jesus spoke about muhammed eh?   Mshceeeeeeew!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by yusuf01(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2012
Yusuf I am not part of those that argue religious
issues. Go and do your research very well, you will
discover that it was a jewish catholic priest that
trainned mohammed.So, the knowledge of
everything in the Bible is on his fingertips.That is
why you will discover that Islam is an abridge of
catholism and jewdaism.Moreso, you will further
discover that his original intention was not to setup
another religious organisation.Research the Rest for
yourself and not argument.

This will be my last post as regards this
But are you talking about someone he met when he was less than 10 years, the meeting which didn't last a day? He was able to cram 114 chapters in a meeting that didn't last a day? He was able to predict the future (surat Rum) just by this meeting with the so-called jew? And to make you argument a whole lot interesting, this meeting happened before he was 10, Like Allah said in one of His verses, nothing will make you guys believe, you will continue to ask questions, you will continue to wander, still looking for excuses. Reason; Allah guides whom he wills, and for those that are misled, will be wandering until death comes. Just like the jews refused Jesus, the christians refused Mohammed.
as for those talking about the bible being put
together, for the sake of understanding even the
Koran went through some collation under the
caliphs, some parts were lost as a result of men
who memorized them dying in battles and there are
several versions with differences in the middle east.
some processes were initiated to try to get the
Koran as original as possible. Whether they
succeeded is a debate for another day.

The Qu'ran was compiled during the caliphate of Uthman Bin Affan (the 3rd Calliph), a result of what you have pointed out; 1, there were beginning to have new versions, due to the change in tongues and meanings. Just like an Ibadan guy will speak a different yoruba compared to a lagosian, different meanings were being given to it. And 2, just like you said, the sahabas who memorised the full Qur'anic texts were being murdered. The same arguments were presented to Uthman, and was advised to compile the full texts in a book so as to be a reference. Then, the copy present in Umm Samamah (one of the wives of the prophet) was the one used for compilation - the full meanings and tongue preserved. The other versions burnt and the compiled one distributed around, the same one we have today. Have you asked yourself; why is it that when you check 90 percent of the arabic Qur'an, on each page you find the same word, the same letter, throughout for the complete 114 chapters? Reason; to preserve the meanings, so that we won't have adulterated versions. BTW, the other 10 percent are different just for compression; to reduce them to pocket sized versions. Do you think when Allah was joking when He said He was the one that will protect the Qur'an? These are the methods of preservation, the same way we recite the Qur'an anytime we pray so that we continue to memorise it, someone can't recite Sura Fatiha another way, nobody will pray under such person. These are preservation methods. The Qur'an is the last revelation, and Allah has made it a duty upon Himself to protect it, it's not written by the companions - the way the Bible was written by companions, the Pauls, the Banabas, , NO. The Qur'an was revealed during the life of the last prophet, and revelations stopped after he died!
Re: Secret £14million Bible In Which 'jesus Predicts Coming Of Prophet Muhammad by yusuf01(m): 10:06am On Feb 28, 2012
Yusuf I am not part of those that argue religious
issues. Go and do your research very well, you will
discover that it was a jewish catholic priest that
trainned mohammed.So, the knowledge of
everything in the Bible is on his fingertips.That is
why you will discover that Islam is an abridge of
catholism and jewdaism.Moreso, you will further
discover that his original intention was not to setup
another religious organisation.Research the Rest for
yourself and not argument.

This will be my last post as regards this
But are you talking about someone he met when he was less than 10 years, the meeting which didn't last a day? He was able to cram 114 chapters in a meeting that didn't last a day? He was able to predict the future (surat Rum) just by this meeting with the so-called jew? And to make you argument a whole lot interesting, this meeting happened before he was 10, Like Allah said in one of His verses, nothing will make you guys believe, you will continue to ask questions, you will continue to wander, still looking for excuses. Reason; Allah guides whom he wills, and for those that are misled, will be wandering until death comes. Just like the jews refused Jesus, the christians refused Mohammed.
as for those talking about the bible being put
together, for the sake of understanding even the
Koran went through some collation under the
caliphs, some parts were lost as a result of men
who memorized them dying in battles and there are
several versions with differences in the middle east.
some processes were initiated to try to get the
Koran as original as possible. Whether they
succeeded is a debate for another day.

The Qu'ran was compiled during the caliphate of Uthman Bin Affan (the 3rd Calliph), a result of what you have pointed out; 1, there were beginning to have new versions, due to the change in tongues and meanings. Just like an Ibadan guy will speak a different yoruba compared to a lagosian, different meanings were being given to it. And 2, just like you said, the sahabas who memorised the full Qur'anic texts were being murdered. The same arguments were presented to Uthman, and was advised to compile the full texts in a book so as to be a reference. Then, the copy present in Umm Samamah (one of the wives of the prophet) was the one used for compilation - the full meanings and tongue preserved. The other versions burnt and the compiled one distributed around, the same one we have today. Have you asked yourself; why is it that when you check 90 percent of the arabic Qur'an, on each page you find the same word, the same letter, throughout for the complete 114 chapters? Reason; to preserve the meanings, so that we won't have adulterated versions. BTW, the other 10 percent are different just for compression; to reduce them to pocket sized versions. Do you think when Allah was joking when He said He was the one that will protect the Qur'an? These are the methods of preservation, the same way we recite the Qur'an anytime we pray so that we continue to memorise it, someone can't recite Sura Fatiha another way, nobody will pray under such person. These are preservation methods. The Qur'an is the last revelation, and Allah has made it a duty upon Himself to protect it, it's not written by the companions - the way the Bible was written by companions, the Pauls, the Banabas, , NO. The Qur'an was revealed during the life of the last prophet, and revelations stopped after he died!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman’s Private Jet: Linda Ikeji & Other Top Bloggers Now Afraid / The Only Country In The World Without A Single Church / Pastor Aloysius Challenges Odumejeje To A Spiritual Battle; Invites The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.