Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:37 AM

P - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / P (5268 Views)

Parvo-survivor At ZOBA Vet Am So Happy / My Dog Is Going Blind :'( / Help Me With Breed Of My Dog.(pics Included). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

P by omoekoni(m): 11:08am On Feb 27, 2012
N/a
Re: P by AzizNedum: 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Mr omoekoni, Zoba vet DID NOT kill your dog (puppy) of about 3 months old. you brought TERGA to us very sick, passing bloody diarrhoea, vomiting and severely dehydrated because you had'nt vaccinated the dog (ie DHLPP Vacc). We tried to save TERGA but it died. He died of PARVOVIRAL ENTERITIS.

DAY I
you brought him in dehydrated and we had to give intravenous infusion, antibiotic to try to curb the vomiting and bloody diarrhoea.If you did not feel your puppy was that sick, You would not agree to the admission (Hospitalization) of the dog in the first place.

DAY II
You claim you called the Secretary (who isn't a doctor) and was told the puppy was better, you did not ask to speak with the doctor yet you claim you did not know what the doctor was doing. No doctor will tell you,that a puppy covered in its vomittus and stool as you stated will be ready for pick up the following day.

DAY III
We open every Sundays at the Dolphin office between 1pm and 4pm. If we have emergencies or dogs on admission at lekki branch, we will also open to attend to the case. The doctor attended to your puppy on that day and it passed on at about 3pm, and the doctor closed for the day, after having attended to other dogs.

DAY IV
We called you in the morning to tell you that TERGA did not make it,after having ascertained the cause of death. (Company Policy) You came to the clinic understandably upset and you were issuing threats. I Dr Aziz called you to explain and you said i must replace your puppy,that your uncle is the president of the vet council and you will take the case there. That is a proper channel instead of going on the internet and telling half truths. you asked for my name and I gave it to you, but you insisted on the duty vet's name. I am the medical director and I take full responsibility for whatever happens in my practice. I also advised you to take TERGA for a post Mortem in another vet clinic for a second opinion, but you refused.

Now for further advice that you asked for. we are very professional in what we do and nobody is happy when a dog dies. we really regret for your loss, but when next you buy a puppy or a dog, please be advised to vaccinate and deworm in good time.

your puppy died from lack of DHLPP VACCINATION. You can also google CANINE PARVO VIRAL ENTERITIS for further enlightenment.
God bless you!

8 Likes

Re: P by omogemi: 10:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
@ omoekoni, if what dr. Aziz said is true, then u have no case. U bought a sick dog n d seller knws u are naive. U r even lucky it was collected from u for treatment, once a dog had bloody watery n smelly stool, its a symptom of parvo which cant be cured. U need to get enlightened b4 u get anothet dog.

1 Like

Re: P by dominique(f): 7:45am On Mar 23, 2013
Sorry for your loss omoekoni, I also know what it feels like to lose a pet. when you buy your next dog, make sure it gets all its vaccines. Those vaccines are very important especially in the early stages.
Re: P by osogirl: 9:20am On May 21, 2015
I realise this is an old thread but had to add my two cents: Zoba vet killed my dog too. He had all his vaccinations but he didn't have a chance because of their negligence. He died of Parvo virus which I know is difficult to survive, but he was mistreated from the jump. I went in to the Lekki branch and explained that I suspected my puppy had parvo (because he had slight diarrhoea with a tinge of blood) and I had googled these symptoms. They smelt his poop and said 'no' he doesn't (didn't do any test) just gave him some shots and something to settle his stomach and sent us on our way.
He started to vomit as well the next day so I took him back and once again was told it's not parvo, but since I'm so concerned I could have him admitted at the Dolphin branch, which I did (who am I to argue with the 'experts' after all).

He was kept for observation for two days, then he was released as the vet said 'this dog does not have parvo' just an irritated digestive tract.
The long and short of the story is that he deteriorated rapidly, even though we gave him all the medicines and followed the instructions for his care that we were given by the Zoba vet. We got advice from another dog owner who suggested we take him to another vet in VI. By the time we rushed him there he was weak and half-dead, the vets immediately said 'this dog has parvo', but sadly he died as soon as he got on their examination table.

But what I noticed was that at this other vet, you got the impression that they actually love dogs - they did everything they could to save my puppy including mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. As opposed to Zoba vets where I saw at least two vets beating people's dogs that had been left there for treatment and where the dogs that were 'boarding' looked half starved and very stressed (these are dogs that people are paying their hard-earned cash to have 'looked after' when they travel). One of the vets at Zoba actually asked me to leave my puppy alone with him 'so he could do what he wanted with this dog', when I suggested to him that smacking a sick dog is probably not wise.

Anyways, this actually happened over a year ago... but I came across this post and wanted to add my experience. If i can save someone the experience of visiting these horrible vets I'll be happy. Just to add balance, I'm not saying that the dog would definitely have survived if I took him to the other vet from the beginning (I know very well that parvo is a puppy-killer) but I believe by taking him to Zoba Vet he had a 0% chance of survival. If I had taken him to the other vet it would have been more like 50-50 and he was so stubborn I like to believe he would have made it.
Re: P by deeogboru: 12:30am On Jun 10, 2015
Good day, osogirl!! Please can I also have the name ane number of the other veterinary the you took your puppy to
Thanks edmond
Re: P by dominique(f): 6:32am On Jun 10, 2015
Mouth to mouth on a dog shocked

How did they go about that?
Re: P by presentley: 6:51am On Jun 10, 2015
I no know this health section naa for man and animal. Madam dominique what's wrong?
Re: P by dominique(f): 6:59am On Jun 10, 2015
presentley:
I no know this health section naa for man and animal. Madam dominique what's wrong?

The thread was created before we had a pet section, even if animal no suppose get thread? undecided
Re: P by Huskyfrancis(m): 9:38am On Jun 10, 2015
Do you, your friend or relative needs an extensive/intensive quality medical service with no cut throat charges?

In the heart of Pune in India is Ruby Hall Clinic, one of the best medical institutions in the world, arguably, the best in India is what you need.

We will help you with every required assistance free of charge to ease your medical tourism to Ruby Hall Clinic and we assure that you'll testify how humanly care makes God cure.

To help you arrange free video-conference with Panel of Doctors to discuss your health:

Speak with Folu:
Mobile: 08116950634, 08038243730
Whatsapp: 08038243730
Facebook: Komolafe F. Francis
BBM: 2BA5C16B
E-mail: folu_mgtworld@yahoo.com

Ruby Hall Clinic treatment cover the under-listed and beyond. Be encouraged to speak with Folu.

1. Anaesthesia
2. Cancer Treatment
3. Critical Care
4. Gastroenterology
5. IVF & Endoscopy
6. Liver transplant
7. Neurosurgery
8. Ophthalmology
9. Paediatrics Orthopaedics
10. Psychiatry
11. Vascular Surgery
12. Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
13. Cardiology
14. Dental Surgery
15. General Surgery
16. Kidney Transplant
17. Neuro Trauma
18. Nuclear Medicine
19. Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement
20. Paediatric Surgery
21. Spine Surgery
22. Bone Marrow Transplant
23. Cosmetic Surgery
24. ENT
25. Hematology
26. Laparoscopic Surgery. (MIS-Minimal Invasive Surgery)
27. Neurology
28. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
29. Paediatric & Neonathology
30. Pain Management & Palliative Care
31. Urology.
32. Etc.
Re: P by DaisyPrincess: 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
He was kept for locate him to the Emergency Pet Hospital save for he was lifeless by the moment in time we got there. He was lifeless at about 10:55. I feel it was the tablets that killed him.. http://clinicforpet..com/2016/12/why-spaying-and-neutering-is-necessary.html
Re: P by chrisblack1234: 1:00am On Dec 22, 2016
Which I know dis Dr azziz..u too sabi ur work, well explained..god bless u..I lost one of my rotweiller, cos I didn't give him the second dhpp..
Re: P by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 22, 2016
The good doctor has clarified the issue. The OP should understand too. It's hard losing the dog but if the doc is right then the vets tried there own.
Doctors are not God.
They tried there own, viral infections don't have a particular drug many times, many dogs don't survive parvo.
Vaccinate your dog and stop blaming viral death on our vets. Doctors are not God
Re: P by businessguide: 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
Visit www.businessguide.com.ng to view a more comprehensive list of vetinary clinics in Nigeria.
Re: P by businessguide: 10:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
Visit www.businessguide.com.ng to view a more comprehensive list.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Caucasians, Mastiff Puppies And Adults Etc In PH, Can Send It To U, C Pics / Rats Can Kill Your Dog!!! / *THREAD CLOSED*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.