Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? (46241 Views)

NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Which Federal University Accept Second Choice Or Direct Entry / Where Can One Attend A Diploma Or Predegree Programme To Start I Am Tied Of Ume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by FEMARY1: 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
Go for a top up degree in some UK schools.Very fast.Since you are thinking of Finance,consider abeuk.com finance programme.Superfast way to degree and even masters.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by GboyegaD(m): 3:19am On Mar 02, 2012
New_Here:

My Dear, I'm an example of what you want (I finished from a Polytechnic - HND), with my HND, I'm working with a multi-national coy with my 6 figures (even some of the so called B.sc holder here in my office, cant even talk when I'm talking).

Well, I'm doing a PGD now i.e one year after service (NYSC) and i don't have any regret about having my HND degree. My one cent - Just go and get a PGD and move on with your life, Time waits for nobody.

Cheers

While I agree with you, remember, not everyone is fortunate thus, the present Nigerian employer often times does not do things the right way. You wouldn't be surprised when they remind one who has a PGD that his/her 1st degree is a HND and not BSc and because we do not have good labor lawyers, there is nothing one can do. A practical example was when Aig bought over Access Bank and they sacked all HND holders and State University graduates way back then. Same thing applied when they bought Capital Bank during the consolidation era. Whilst some will be fortunate to go through life, it is mostly advice one plays safe.

Ctemi:

@Idrico,tnx 4 ur advise.I graduated with hnd in banking n finance, Hw many yrs do ‎​​U̶̲̥̅̊ spend 4 bsc n hw do ‎​​U̶̲̥̅̊ go about it.
@femary1, I study banking n finance bt thinking of changing my course 2 financial mgt or education. Mind ‎​​U̶̲̥̅̊ am a female

Just check the school you want to go and make your inquiries. I have a friend presently in University of Birmingham doing his top up degree in Finance having finished from a HND program at Yabatech and has about 3years work experience.
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by Biggee2(m): 7:11am On Mar 26, 2012
Nigerians u surprise me..u are telling him to go bk for level3 after hnd... Its 2bad.. Do u knw how many yrs it takes to get hnd? And by d way ur educational satus its nothing is jus by d grace of God u make life tru it.. Man move on for ur pgd and get a master.. Or is ther descrimation between masters... ?Aba... Tu much wiseness is a curse ooo
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by PopeNiyi: 4:44pm On Nov 29, 2012
New_Here: My Dear, I'm an example of what you want (I finished from a Polytechnic - HND), with my HND, I'm working with a multi-national coy with my 6 figures (even some of the so called B.sc holder here in my office, cant even talk when I'm talking).

Well, I'm doing a PGD now i.e one year after service (NYSC) and i don't have any regret about having my HND degree. My one cent - Just go and get a PGD and move on with your life, Time waits for nobody.

Cheers

Can U please tell me which skool is offering PGD marketing?
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by rajiade: 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
GboyegaD:

While I agree with you, remember, not everyone is fortunate thus, the present Nigerian employer often times does not do things the right way. You wouldn't be surprised when they remind one who has a PGD that his/her 1st degree is a HND and not BSc and because we do not have good labor lawyers, there is nothing one can do. A practical example was when Aig bought over Access Bank and they sacked all HND holders and State University graduates way back then. Same thing applied when they bought Capital Bank during the consolidation era. Whilst some will be fortunate to go through life, it is mostly advice one plays safe.

Just check the school you want to go and make your inquiries. I have a friend presently in University of Birmingham doing his top up degree in Finance having finished from a HND program at Yabatech and has about 3years work experience.[i][/i]

Is it through distance/online learning?
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by ndudichukwumah(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
idmanzik:

, and who says he can't get an MSc and PhD with his HND. It will take him only about 9-12 months to get a Post Graduate Diploma while a BSc. will take him 3-4years.

Abeg, my brother, get your PGD and move on. In life, what you can offer is the most important thing.

Goodluck bro.
U lack information.no university will allow u do ur msc with HND and PGD, BUT rather in nigeria university u take dis steps for HND HOLDERS.. hnd,pgd,mba,msc,phd.if u like have distinction in ur HND u cant do msc directly with hnd anf pgd but u follow d process I just mention...so it is better he goes for direct entry instead dis long process
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by JesusDWay(m): 9:26pm On Dec 04, 2012
Check for Indian Schools, they are cheaper. They let u start from 2nd year and u only do 2years to finish. U may look for a one year masters after such that in 3years, you have both bsc and masters. Check out www.utsglobal.edu.in
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by davolas(m): 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Bros in quote asking dis questn,or u just going for ya HND,don't you knw what PGD means,actually the major uses of PGD is to upgrade your result,even people with bsc does that because some courses requires 2.1 for masters nd you having 2.2 or 3rd class you need a PGD to incrase that so as to make that up,but u funny with dis kin question,direct entry after lyk 5yrs or 6yrs doin ond nd hnd,u wan cum start bsc,u go b d oldest for that class I swear.peace

1 Like

Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by DeeOneBangin: 7:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
I av a 3rd class degree from a federal uni. Would any1 in the house recommend I start my PGD thru Masters program @ NOUN?
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by tinafix: 11:18am On Nov 04, 2015
learnt a lot from readers comment here. will make my own decision too. @ poster no shaking go for your PGD. currently am an HND holder and doing great. so many bsc doesn' t have the opportunity i have. is just grace and God. God will qualify you and take u higher even with ur hnd
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by DGentle001: 9:24am On Apr 03, 2016
my dear, am in same sh*tty confusion now, i had 3rd class, am also working with uba in the IT dept. and now i cant get promotions as supposed.
when i spoke with my Boss, he advised me to go back to Bsc instead of Pgd and masters... i think there is more to this bsc than we see it..
Re: Post Graduate Diploma Or Direct Entry - Which Should He Take? by saniboy(m): 10:59pm On Mar 08, 2017
NewHere:
My Dear, I'm an example of what you want (I finished from a Polytechnic - HND), with my HND, I'm working with a multi-national coy with my 6 figures (even some of the so called B.sc holder here in my office, cant even talk when I'm talking).

Pls where did u do ur PGD programme?

Cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anjola Botoku, Youngest O'Level Examination Writer And Passer (pics/deatails) / Nigerian Slay Queen Bags Law Degree From UK University. Photos / Student Appreciates Naira Marley In His Final Year Project (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.