Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' (9796 Views)

Best Oil For Vw Golf 4 (vw Gurus Please) / Help! My Vw Bora Is Killing Me! / Information On Volkswagen Bora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Debest2: 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2012
Hello every one, I am, just being inquisitive, here. Do any body, know of an ENGINE, that could perfectly fit into the VW-BORA, without much (CONSTUCTION) problems? I am, in LOVE with the car; but for the ENGINE. I see, too many of them, parked in MECHANIC WORKSHOPS. What type of ENGINE PROBLEM, does it normally have? Your valued contributions, are highly solicited. May the good Lord, richly BLESS all of you, in Jesus name (Amen). cool shocked cool.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Danabu(m): 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2012
I think the volkswage passat 2.0 engine will do the job well for you. It drives well even with ac. A little construction may be required but you will enjoy it.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by obua: 5:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
Golf 2/3 engine will fit with little work.
Talk to Siena
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by kruku: 5:23pm On Feb 27, 2012
I am a fan of Bora too but i ve'not bought one yet. A Guy whom I made same inquire from told me he is using Jetta engine in the one he was driving. I think the Volks engine will fit. look out for a competent mechanic. cool
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by aurenflani: 4:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
i used polo classic 2001 model which came with factory built bora engine for two years. i see absolutly nothing wrong with d engine which is very strong, enduring & powerful. problem is it's too expensive (tokunbo engine). but golf 3 engine will be perfect & less expensive only that u must also replace together with gearbox. i can provide an importer's number in iyani-tere along oshodi - mile 2 exp. way if u require. but good mechanic is in medical rd ikeja.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Sunofgod(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
Get a VW golf or Jetta engine.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Volunteer: 5:10pm On Feb 28, 2012
I had the same challenge and had to use a passat 2.0 engine. I did not have to change my gear box and I really enjoyed the next two years I used the car before I sold it off.
If you have to change the engine, I suggest you try that although I know there are other engines you may be able to use.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by mkmyers45(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
Sun of god:

Get a VW golf or Jetta engine.

Yes, it will help
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
wow. never knew a jetta/golf 2 or 3 engine would work in a 2001 - 2004 model jetta/bora. that's very interesting, but why didn't the mechanic's of the faulty ones packed in those workshop advise the car owners of the possibility.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by pinnochio(m): 6:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
I know someone who replaced the 2000 Bora engine with a 1996 Vento VR6 engine. The original bora engine was 400k naira while the VR6 was 80k naira at Ladipo. I know the VR6 is also found in some Golf 3 models.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Nwaori: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
Buy 2.0 golf 3 engine or cal dis number 08064566575 i wil direct u on way 2 buy it. Or u can go 2 iyanitire guarage 2 get it. Bt while going be careful because there are many middle men in d market and if u patronise them, d cost will be double of what u suppose 2 buy it.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Konnektions146(m): 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
where is Siena i am waitin for u to talk
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by babaowo: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
I'm volks fan, had used both bora and passat chevron model, buy vento VR6 engine and gear complete together @ iyana itire and go and ask for victor or wasiu to it fix for u , u will b amaze,those guy has all d tool both electrical and configuration system.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by cardoctor(m): 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
What size of engine does your car have?
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by muyoto: 11:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
WHERE Siena? cheesy
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 29, 2012
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Volkswagen Bora engine. Most issues begin when these cars land in Nigeria. Poor maintainance and bad mechanics spring to mind.

Oddly, most of the engines suggested as replacements here are exactly the same as fitted to the Bora. VW Passsat, Golf, Polo etc all share the same engine. There's no Bora engine, as VW don't build engines specific to one particular model. A typical EA 827 series 1,6 / 1,8 / 2,0 I4 engine is fitted to most VW models.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Konnektions146(m): 4:00am On Feb 29, 2012
^^^
thank yu Siena
but does it mean yu dont need to change wit gearbox as sugggested here?
any aditional modification?
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by FabulousAutos(m): 7:24am On Feb 29, 2012
The major problem I had with the car was suspension and AC. I got tired of constant AC failure. At a point, they have to strip down the dashboard to find a lasting solution to AC issues. Always changing bushings, upper/lower amps or what ever they call it. It seems the car wasn't builth to withstand bad road so I have sell it off.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Imagineers: 10:21am On Feb 29, 2012
I bought a 2001 Octavia. I bought this vehicle brand new from Mandilas Motors with the confidence that i will have Volkswagen maintenance back up, but Mandilas Motors changed their brand from Volks to Toyota and hence no service backup for my Octavia again.

I have a problem with my engine due to bad roads because the sump kept hitting the ground I have had to work on the oil sump more that 5 times and the sump protector that came with the car was equally damaged.

I tried to get to Iyana Itire last year to buy a tokunbo engine but I was not confident that the engine I am buying is not as bad as the one I am replacing. The question I am asking is, is it not possible to buy the engine parts and assemble it in Nigeria?
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Cargoed: 11:47am On Feb 29, 2012
Yes you can buy the parts and assemble here as far as you buy the right one and the engine block itself is okay. Another important thing is vw computer adaptation this must be done after installation for the engine to adapt to the old gear box you don't have to change the gear box.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Debest2: 7:56pm On Feb 29, 2012
Thanks, to every one of you, for your BEAUTIFUL contributions. I do, really appreciate every one of you. But the TRUTH is, I am, CONFUSED the more, because NO TWO SUGGESTIONS, SEEM TO AGREE. All-the-same, I appreciate. Bye for now and remain BLESSED. cool cool cool
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Ebitiopera: 9:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora''
« #15 on: Today at 12:39:24 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Volkswagen Bora engine. Most issues begin when these cars land in Nigeria. Poor maintainance and bad mechanics spring to mind.

Oddly, most of the engines suggested as replacements here are exactly the same as fitted to the Bora. VW Passsat, Golf, Polo etc all share the same engine. There's no Bora engine, as VW don't build engines specific to one particular model. A typical EA 827 series 1,6 / 1,8 / 2,0 I4 engine is fitted to most VW models.

Hello siena, can you send me your email please. I need advise me on how to convert a 4x4 Vauxhall Frontera (Opel) 2.2 (DTI) 1999, Automatic from right hand drive to Left hand drive. I want to either do the conversion in UK or Lagos. I want to know if it can be converted in UK or a good mechanic that can do the conversion in Lagos.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by emmaoanidu(m): 10:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
Bro if you like the car be ready to replace the engine or
whatever part that goes bad with same. If you think it is
too expensive or not durable enough an as such construction
is a better option, you better think twice. You always regret
anything that was fitted by the manufacturers
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Ebitiopera: 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ Sienna, I can you mail me about car conversion please.

Can anyone advise me on how to convert this 4x4 Vauxhall Frontera (Opel) 2.2 (DTI) 1999, Automatic from right hand drive to Left hand drive. I want to either do the conversion in UK or Lagos. I want to know if it can be converted in UK or a good mechanic that can do the conversion in Lagos.

Please holla me only if you have useful information.
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 02, 2012
Ebitiopera:

@ Sienna, I can you mail me about car conversion please.

Can anyone advise me on how to convert this 4x4 Vauxhall Frontera (Opel) 2.2 (DTI) 1999, Automatic from right hand drive to Left hand drive. I want to either do the conversion in UK or Lagos. I want to know if it can be converted in UK or a good mechanic that can do the conversion in Lagos.

Please holla me only if you have useful information.

Sorry for my late response, been a lot going on here.

My email address is
siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 02, 2012
pinnochio:

I know someone who replaced the 2000 Bora engine with a 1996 Vento VR6 engine. The original bora engine was 400k naira while the VR6 was 80k naira at Ladipo. I know the VR6 is also found in some Golf 3 models.

Whilst the VW 2,8 VR6 will physically fit the 2000 VW Bora, it's hardly practical. It's a downgrade, as the VR6 is quite an old engine, first fitted to the VW Golf III and Vento from 1992. The newer version is a 24V 2,8 V6, fitted to VW Golf IV and Bora from 1999.

In terms of an engine swap, it makes no sense. Nigerian mechanics are not clued up with the regular fuel-injected 2,0 I4 8V. Now you're suggesting a more complex fuel-injected 2,8 VR6 12/24V. The VR6 is also incredibly thirsty, so what's the logic in such a conversion?
Re: ''Engine Replacement, For Vw Bora'' by dollz(f): 7:10pm On Mar 02, 2012
siena,i sent u a mail but u probably have it in your spam folder, pls send ur number to me didiwog@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Thor Reveals 300-mile ET1 Electric Truck, Aim To Go On Sale Before Tesla Semi / Sin S1 Vs. Sbarro 4×4+2: Which Is Uglier? / 1999 Toyota Camry (pencil Ligjt) VS 1999 Mercedes-benz C200 (c-class)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.