Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,273 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:37 AM

Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens (23362 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / plaetton, Why Is EVERYTHING Fine-tuned For Life On Earth,multiverses? / Plaetton's Pantheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by plaetton: 7:26am On Mar 05, 2012
@martian:
You can laugh and scoff all you want. These are not my theories or visions or revelations. No. They are mysteries that are open to serious inquiry. Men and women much more knowledgeable and more skeptical than yourself have seriously investgated and are still doing so. So get off your couch and go to your local library to see what other inquiring minds have prepared for you, even at the risk of ridicule .
The word " Possibility" is one that should never scorned at by any thinking being.
Mystery and possiblity are what drives all human endeavours such as science, religion, philosphy and arts. To deliberately choose to ignore possibilities is just soooo unintellectual ,and probably has more to do with the fear of having one's comfort zone threatened. I wonder what type of world we would be living in if the brave men and weomen of poineer science did not consider alternative possibilities to the many mysteries of existence.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 10:40am On Mar 05, 2012
You nailed it right on the head with that quote, plaetton. FEAR rules the mind that has decided to ridicule everything without proper inquiry.
plaetton:

@martian:
You can laugh and scoff all you want. These are not my theories or visions or revelations. No. They are mysteries that are open to serious inquiry. Men and women much more knowledgeable and more skeptical than yourself have seriously investgated and are still doing so. So get off your couch and go to your local library to see what other inquiring minds have prepared for you, even at the risk of ridicule .
The word " Possibility" is one that should never scorned at by any thinking being.
Mystery and possiblity are what drives all human endeavours such as science, religion, philosphy and arts. To deliberately choose to ignore possibilities is just soooo unintellectual ,and probably has more to do with the fear of having one's comfort zone threatened. I wonder what type of world we would be living in if the brave men and weomen of poineer science did not consider alternative possibilities to the many mysteries of existence.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2012
, deleted post.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 11:01am On Mar 05, 2012
Interestingly enough, in the Zulu mythology, 2 brothers were responsible for having "towed and parked" the moon where it is today. Even more interestingly, the mythology said that before the moon was brought to where it is now, it was first - wait for this - "EMPTIED OUT" which would mean, HOLLOWED OUT. The Zulu mytholgy also referred to the moon as an EGG which may be in reference to the hollowness.
plaetton:

According to Sitchen, the summerian cylinder seals state that the earth had four moons in her early history, all four of which were  captured by the gravitational force of a galactic interloper, a much bigger planetary body during an encounter many many eaons ago. Well, just in the past six months or NASA astronomers released a statement that the  earth may have had two or more moons in the distant past. hhhmmm. Interesting.
If all four of the earth's moons were captured, why do we still have one moon?. Are you ready for this?
This moon was towed and parked where it sits right now , to, help the earth maintain stability and balance in its rotation( prerequisites for the sustence of biological life) and possibly to keep an eye on the farm.

To Martian this may seem way out of this world, but this is the information age and he is very free to read up on what many scholars have to say about this notion of an artificial moon.
During the Appolo miisions, NASA conducted many experiments to test this hypothesis and although their conclusions hav enot seenthe light of day, many researchers on the subject have coem to the conclusion that our moon is hollow and artificial based on some many characteristics of our moon that is unique in our solar system and known astronomical laws and conventions.
1. The moon is too large for the earth, by its size, it should have crashed into the earth long ago unless it was hollow inside and therefore much lighter than it appears.
2. The moon's orbit around the earth is a perfect circle, wheras, by its size and by convention, it should be ecliptical.
3. The moon rotates in such a way that we only see one side of the moon . That is unique inour solar system.
4. The moon is also a perfect circle. with the earth's gravity tugging and pulling at it, it should have developed a bulge on its sides by now.
Much has been written on this .
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mnwankwo(m): 11:47am On Mar 05, 2012
I may in future offer my own personal experience and perception on the issue of "aliens". Although Martian sometimes employs "ridicule" in his posts, I think that his skeptical mind is a very good thing and must be commended. Human imagination is quite powerful and if unchecked can run riot creating a sham world where everything is both possible and impossible. Best Wishes.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
m_nwankwo:

I may in future offer my own personal experience and perception on the issue of "aliens".

Oh please don't keep us waiting! Justcool gave some views and I would dearly love to see yours!

Although Martian sometimes employs "ridicule" in his posts, I think that his skeptical mind is a very good thing and must be commended. Human imagination is quite powerful and if unchecked can run riot creating a sham world where everything is both possible and impossible. Best Wishes.

None of us I think has any problem with skepticism - every single one of us (Plaettton, Jenwitemi and myself) would also be called skeptics in the view of the Religionist, given that we all firmly reject many doctrines of the religions. In fact I am sure that given my past history on this forum many christians would even call me a satan worshipper or apostle of the anti-christ or some other such gibberish.

The cardinal issue here - and absolutely none of us claims to know the truth on the question of extra-terrestials - if anything the reader would have noticed differences in our ideas - is that it is important to hold an open mind in these matters - i dare say even an imaginative mind, for regular minds seldom happen upon surprising mysteries.

An open mind needn't accept everything. I certainly do not. For example, I am just hearing the moon theory stated by Plaetton for the first time in my life - and the interesting zulu legend mentioned by Jenwitemi for the first time in my life. The simple difference between myself and Martian is that I am not so incredulous that I simply mock it and walk away. I have rather already started to collect information on it all over the web, and will read  extensively on it. I was so intrigued that I even resolved to finally purchase a telescope to study the moon - something I have always wanted to do. When I am done with my inquiries, I will take a position. I would have thought that that would be the approach of the "scientific" mind, which martian claims to endorse?

Now, if after my inquiries, I find that the theory has no merit - I would not have lost anything - rather, I would have gained more knowledge - and a telescope cool.

What I believe is absolutely unimpeachable is that there are gaps in history which conventional history books do not contain. Exploring the possibilities therein for me, is a great and intruiging thing. As plaetton said, I guess people are just made different.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Why cant we leave Martian's reaction to mythology out if it?? Lol

The difference is when I learn about the moon, I use Astrophysicists' studies while some think considering ancient mythology and fantasies is part of it.different perspectives. Lol

Anyway, the annunaki towed the moon and the zulu gods hollowed it out. The magnet in the hollow part of the moon causes the tides. Sitchin told me.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
When I read the Gilgamesh epic, I read it for entrainment and to gain some insight into middle eastern mythology.
But I guess if some folks around here read it,  they will come back and concoct a tale involving aliens/gods and obvious bs being real life occurrences.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mnwankwo(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
@DeepSight

Oh please don't keep us waiting! Justcool gave some views and I would dearly love to see yours!

I will offer my perceptions when I sense that what I will say will be of spiritual benefit to some. It may happen in this thread, outside of this thread or in non-physical realms.

Now, if after my inquiries, I find that the theory has no merit - I would not have lost anything - rather, I would have gained more knowledge - and a telescope Cool.

What I believe is absolutely unimpeachable is that there are gaps in history which conventional history books do not contain. Exploring the possibilities therein for me, is a great and intruiging thing. As plaetton said, I guess people are just made different.

There are gaps in virtually everything that has to do with human knowledge, from evolution to history. The possibilities that you guys seem to be exploring assumes that  "aliens" have physical interaction with the earth. In that case, Martian is asking for the physical evidence for such an interaction. My view is that in spite of his use of ridicule, his questions are justified. A physical interaction must leave behind physical evidence. I am not holding brief for Martian as I personally disagree with many of his stance on spirituality but I am certain he is a genuine seeker for the Truth. If he sees enough evidence, he will believe but will ridicule or even mock when he sees little or no evidence. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 1:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
m_nwankwo:

@DeepSight

I will offer my perceptions when I sense that what I will say will be of spiritual benefit to some. It may happen in this thread, outside of this thread or in non-physical realms.

There are gaps in virtually everything that has to do with human knowledge, from evolution to history. The possibilities that you guys seem to be exploring assumes that "aliens" have physical interaction with the earth. In that case, Martian is asking for the physical evidence for such an interaction. My view is that in spite of his use of ridicule, his questions are justified. A physical interaction must leave behind physical evidence. I am not holding brief for Martian as I personally disagree with many of his stance on spirituality but I am certain he is a genuine seeker for the Truth. If he sees enough evidence, he will believe but will ridicule or even mock when he sees little or no evidence. Stay blessed.

Ach!
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
Physical evidences abound all over the planet, mate. At an age when humans on this planet were not supposed to have any knowledge of technology or science, we have thousands of megalithic structures that not even humans of today, with their modern technology, could replicate. Can anybody explain away that disparity? You should also read the work of Michael Cremo, "The Forbidden Archaeology" to have a full understanding of the volume of evidence that exist for anyone to study. Saying that there is no evidence is just being plain ignorant and mischievous. The evidence of very highly advanced civilizations both technologically and scientifically that have inhabited this planet in the remote past is OVERWHELMING, and that is only on land. The body of evidence submerged under the world oceans that have not been properly explored only adds even more to the  overwhelming  body of evidence on the planet.
m_nwankwo:

There are gaps in virtually everything that has to do with human knowledge, from evolution to history. The possibilities that you guys seem to be exploring assumes that  "aliens" have physical interaction with the earth. In that case, Martian is asking for the physical evidence for such an interaction. My view is that in spite of his use of ridicule, his questions are justified. A physical interaction must leave behind physical evidence. I am not holding brief for Martian as I personally disagree with many of his stance on spirituality but I am certain he is a genuine seeker for the Truth. If he sees enough evidence, he will believe but will ridicule or even mock when he sees little or no evidence. Stay blessed.

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mazaje(m): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Physical evidences abound all over the planet, mate. At an age when humans on this planet were not supposed to have any knowledge of technology or science, we have thousands of megalithic structures that not even humans of today, with their modern technology, could replicate. Can anybody explain away that disparity?

If Modern man wants to, he can build 1000 pyramids and other ancient monuments in half the time it took the ancient people to build one. . .Who told you that the modern man can not build any of the ancient monuments?. . .And who lied to you that the ancients were not supposed to have any technology?. . . .Where is your evidence for this assertion?. . .
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 7:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Saying that there is no evidence is just being plain ignorant and mischievous.

Indeed, I agree, saying that there is NO evidence is, in my opinion, dishonest.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
aliens exist. i made love to one last night.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mnwankwo(m): 8:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
There is no scientific evidence that "aliens" as explained in this thread have visited the earth in past eras or presently . I challenge anybody who have it to present here. Best Wishes.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 05, 2012
makeitsoon:

aliens exist. i made love to one last night.

Sshhhhhhhhhh. Don't kiss and tell!! I don't want anyone to know.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mnwankwo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Physical evidences abound all over the planet, mate. At an age when humans on this planet were not supposed to have any knowledge of technology or science, we have thousands of megalithic structures that not even humans of today, with their modern technology, could replicate. Can anybody explain away that disparity? You should also read the work of Michael Cremo, "The Forbidden Archaeology" to have a full understanding of the volume of evidence that exist for anyone to study. Saying that there is no evidence is just being plain ignorant and mischievous. The evidence of very highly advanced civilizations both technologically and scientifically that have inhabited this planet in the remote past is OVERWHELMING, and that is only on land. The body of evidence submerged under the world oceans that have not been properly explored only adds even more to the  overwhelming  body of evidence on the planet.

The issue here is not about past civilizations. The issue is on the role of "aliens" in human civilization. Scientific method inspite of its limitations remains the best way to investigate physical or material evidence. The Forbidden Archaeology  by Michael Cremo is not a scientific work. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 9:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ Nwankwo, are you sure you are not coloured by your Grail Message understanding that there cannot be any communication between the seven realms of the universe?

Because if you are not, there are artworks that are difficult to explain outside the context of the OP O? Very ancient art works that really make one wonder as to what the artists were indeed portraying?

We really must face up to the fact that our indoctrinations do colour our perspectives. In light of the position of the authour of the message on this matter, I really am not surprised at your position on this matter nor that of justcool.

Just bear in mind that this is no different from the position of anyone who has a preconceived notion. If an alien spaceship were to land right in front of you today, I verily believe that your convictions based on the message will lead you to develop a convenient explanation for it. I say this in good faith: you know I absolutely revere you: but in reality I believe that absolute adherence to a body of teachings expressed by another can verily limit the exploration of possibilities.

You will never condone or explore any possibility that goes against that which Abd Ru Shin has set out. That, in my mind, is a limitation.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 9:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
Martian:

Sshhhhhhhhhh. Don't kiss and tell!! I don't want anyone to know.

Lolzzz! You actually broke me there! Nice one mate! Great sense of humour!
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 10:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
quote from me -

Let me say at the outset that there is a great lot of material on this and as such if I do post any artwork or text which is quack or fake, please do not mock me: simply point out the reasons why it is quack or fake and I will not dispute such: we will simply leave them and focus on those we can agree are real ancient drawings and inscriptions. Agreed?

quote from martian -

Ok, I promise not to laugh like a jackal. Scout's honor!

quote from martian -

Ok let's see the works of art and I promise again notto say anything disparaging

Poor scout! cry cry cry cry
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by mnwankwo(m): 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
Deep Sight:

@ Nwankwo, are you sure you are not coloured by your Grail Message understanding that there cannot be any communication between the seven realms of the universe?

Because if you are not, there are artworks that are difficult to explain outside the context of the OP O? Very ancient art works that really make one wonder as to what the artists were indeed portraying?

We really must face up to the fact that our indoctrinations do colour our perspectives. In light of the position of the authour of the message on this matter, I really am not surprised at your position on this matter nor that of justcool.

Just bear in mind that this is no different from the position of anyone who has a preconceived notion. If an alien spaceship were to land right in front of you today, I verily believe that your convictions based on the message will lead you to develop a convenient explanation for it. I say this in good faith: you know I absolutely revere you: but in reality I believe that absolute adherence to a body of teachings expressed by another can verily limit the exploration of possibilities.

You will never condone or explore any possibility that goes against that which Abd Ru Shin has set out. That, in my mind, is a limitation.

I adhere to the teachings of the Grail Message not because Abd-ru-Shin said so but because my spirit have had trillions of spiritual experience that confirms what Abd-ru-Shin wrote. I can actually draw from from several of those encounters and shed many a light even on the questions of aliens. I can also go back in time to those civilizations and reproduce the events in past eras. I keep quiet on some topics simply because I know that such knowledge have no spiritual benefit. Even in spiritual reproductions which I have personally experienced, I do not employ science to justify it. I urge seekers to employ the spiritual faculty to decipher whether what is said is the Truth or not. Being a scientist with more than two decades in scientific research, I know that you can not use science to justify or rationalize spiritual realities. Neither can you use spiritual evidence to justify material or scientific process. Using science to explain spiritual realities is pseudo science and employing spiritual experiences to justify or rationalize material or scientific events is pseudo spirituality.

Yes, you may consider it a limitation and I respect that. However, I am sure that if you know what I know, you may see why I hold some stand that you at the moment do not agree with. As always, stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
Deep Sight:

quote from me -
quote from martian -
quote from martian -
Poor scout! cry cry cry cry

grin
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 9:48am On Mar 06, 2012
Testimony of Alien presence on this planet from a retired US army officer, Bob Dean.

Bob Dean retired from the US Army as a command sergeant major after a 28 year career. While being stationed in France in the 60's, he had top secret clearance working in the "war room." Dean claims to have read a COSMIC Top Secret NATO Study called the "Assessment" while serving in the Operations Center of NATO's Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers in Europe (SHAPE). This NATO military study acknowledged and analyzed the implications of the alien presence here on Earth. In this interview, Bob tells his story about the document that changed his life. In 1991, at the world's first UFO conference in Arizona, Bob broke his security oath and spoke out about the document and existence of aliens, which he says pose no threat whatsoever. He says aliens have been visiting and landing on Earth for centuries. Bob mentions the 1961 Brookings Report, the section titled, "Implications of a discovery of extraterrestrial life," which examines the potential implications of such a discovery on public attitudes and values. We'll discuss the impact of full alien disclosure on planet Earth, including the government's role. Bob also tells us about his own alien visitations and belief that various ETs are distant relatives who serve as humanity's custodians. He says some of them are already walking in our midst. We end the hour with Bob talking about his remote viewing experience and he emphasizes his message that ET is not something to fear.

Bob Dean on the Red Ice Redio Talkshow, http://rediceradio.net/radio/2011/RIR-110908-bdean.mp3

Bob Dean on youtube, http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bob+dean&oq=bob+dean&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=1&gs_upl=103l3150l0l8342l8l8l0l1l1l0l191l792l0.5l5l0

Make of it all what you will. I will also post links to some of the folks involved in the disclosure movement.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2012
More on the Alien existence theme.

UFOs In Wartime
Mack Maloney, born in Boston, Massachusetts, is the author of 40 sci-fi and adventure books. He graduated from Suffolk University in Boston with a degree in journalism and went on to graduate school at Emerson College earning a degree in filmmaking. Mack joins us to talk about his new non-fiction book, UFOs in Wartime. UFOs are found in Renaissance art, on ancient coins, etched on cave walls-and reported in the Bible but Mack will talk about when they are documented most: in times of war. We’ll discuss some of these sightings, who made them and how the crafts take sides. Some UFO sightings were also made at key points in history. Mack shares his personal theory about the appearances of these crafts. We also talk about strange sightings in history such as the ghost fliers and rockets, the foo fighters and UFO presence during the black plague of the middle ages. http://rediceradio.net/radio/2012/RIR-120117-mmaloney-hr1.mp3

The Ancient Alien Question
Philip Coppens is an author and investigative journalist, ranging from the world of politics to ancient history and mystery. Since 1995, he has lectured extensively and has appeared in a number of television and DVD documentaries, including the series, "Ancient Aliens" on The History Channel. In this interview, he will talk about his latest book, The Ancient Alien Question. Are people ready for ET? Philip shares his opinion on the current mass consciousness, the scientific community and what mankind needs to be re-invigorated. We also discuss visitation from extraterrestrial beings and if these beings guided us into civilization. He says that we have not been alone from the start. Philip talks about how monuments contain evidence of their presence. Also, we talk about Carl Sagan, Terrence McKenna and various forms of extraterrestrial contact. Later we talk about geniuses who might have received their information from non-human intelligence and Philip tells us what he thinks the objective of humanity is. http://rediceradio.net/radio/2011/RIR-111120-pcoppens.mp3

The Intervention Theory
Lloyd Pye is a researcher and author known for his work with the Starchild Skull and Intervention Theory. Lloyd began writing in 1975, then became a screenwriter in Hollywood in the 1980s. In 1995, he found his passion writing nonfiction in Alternative Knowledge. He returns to Red Ice to talk about his latest e-book, Intervention Theory Essentials. Intervention Theory challenges Creationism, Intelligent Design, and Evolution, by offering plausible explanations for many of the conundrums left unanswered by those other theories. We’ll discuss how much of what mainstream science professes is not just wrong, but blatantly, willfully wrong. Lloyd begins with the true origins of the universe, including a discussion about the “Intragalactic Terraformers.” Also, we discuss prokaryotic bacteria, the creation of oxygen, stock species and the Cambrian explosion. He says life was brought to Earth on a schedule rather than to have developed here. http://rediceradio.net/radio/2011/RIR-111103-lpye.mp3

Mystery Of The Ancient Elongated Skulls
David Hatcher Childress is the author of 15 books, including The Lost Cities Series. He has appeared in numerous documentaries about Atlantis, ancient mysteries and UFOs. David has been on expeditions around the world, beginning at the age of 19, in search for lost cities, ancient mysteries and clues of our origins. At 11 years of age Brien Foerster became fascinated with the Native art of the Haida native people and began carving totem poles, and other related art forms. He completed an Honours Bachelor Of Science degree, but decided to take up carving and sculpture full time. After working in Hawaii as assistant project manager for the building of a 62 foot double hull sailing canoe, he started an online outrigger paddle business, which flourished internationally. Peru became his next major area of interest. The study of the Inca culture led to his writing a book, A Brief History Of The Incas and he runs Hidden Inca Tours in Peru. David and Brien join us for an interview to talk about their co-authored book about the phenomenon of cranial elongation. The Inca may have been the last people in South America to exhibit this characteristic. Cranial elongation was global in scope, and seemed to occur over at least 2 time periods; the greater number were bound skulls of the priestly and regal class or classes, wanting their children to "look like the ancestors and have their intelligence and psychic power." The older ones, mainly in Peru, were the ancestors. http://rediceradio.net/radio/2011/RIR-110731-dhchildressbfoerster.mp3
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 3:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
Ah! The about face has now begun? Now the ancients did have technology! cheesy Now, we are moving forward from the old thinking with that admission. grin
mazaje:

And who lied to you that the ancients were not supposed to have any technology?. . . .Where is your evidence for this assertion?. . .
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Ah! The about face has now begun? Now the ancients did have technology! cheesy Now, we are moving forward from the old thinking with that admission. grin

Give it a rest already. Technology doesn't mean they were flying around and using modern technology. All it means is that they fashioned usable tools and employed those tools and their knowledge.

A Clovis Point is technology, just like a chain saw is technology. One ancient, one modern. Still no aliens needed.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
One view among scientists concerning the origin of anatomically modern humans is the recent African origin of modern humans hypothesis (the "recent single-origin hypothesis" or "recent out-of-Africa" model),[10][11][12] which posits that Homo sapiens arose in Africa and migrated out of the continent some 50,000-100,000 years ago, replacing populations of Homo erectus in Asia and Neanderthals in Europe. An alternative multiregional hypothesis posits that Homo sapiens evolved as geographically separate but interbreeding populations stemming from the worldwide migration of Homo erectus out of Africa nearly 2.5 million years ago. Evidence suggests that several haplotypes of Neanderthal origin are present among all non-African populations, and Neanderthals and other hominids, such as Denisova hominin may have contributed up to 6% of their genome to present-day humans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

I just continue to have difficulties believing that recorded (written) human history only stretches back less than 7, 000 years.

Something huge is missing somewhere.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 5:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
Okay. So your own bias, formed out of total ignorance, now determines what the technological level the ancients were on? Hahahaha! cheesy I think i'll rely on the handworks of the ancients to have an idea of what technological level they were on than your own bias colored opinions based on ignorance. wink
Martian:

Give it a rest already. Technology doesn't mean they were flying around and using modern technology. All it means is that they fashioned usable tools and employed those tools and their knowledge.

A Clovis Point is technology, just like a chain saw is technology. One ancient, one modern. Still no aliens needed.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2012
Jenwitemi:

Okay. So your own bias, formed out of total ignorance, now determines what the technological level the ancients were on? Hahahaha! cheesy I think i'll rely on the handworks of the ancients to have an idea of what technological level they were on than your own bias colored opinions based on ignorance. wink

Yea, yea. I'm ignorant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clovis_point
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by 1Godfather(m): 6:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
Interesting discussion.

I'm more interested in exploring/examining the possibility of alien life-forms on this planet in this present day and age, and not as the focus of the thread so far has been, on possible ancient aliens. The way I approach this, I find no useful benefit to speculate on the meaning or origin of cave-markings by pre-literate humans, or the possible semiotics of ancient art. I should point out, I suppose, that I'm properly agnostic on the issue of alien lifeforms having visited earth, and I am therefore open to the evidence of recent alien visitations if and when it is presented.

On a different note, let us consider the vastness of galaxies as our starting point. This Milky Way galaxy has between 200-300 billion suns (stars)! These stars often have their own planetary systems that revolve around them. Indeed, as we are finding out, there are indeed much bigger stars than our sun all spread out within this one galaxy. And mind you, we are talking about vast swaths of real estate here. As if that is not incomprehensibly large already, you should note that in the universe there are billions upon billions of galaxies!

Just to give you an idea of the dizzying scales we are talking about: our Milky Way galaxy is 100,000 light years across! Light travels at approximately 671 million miles in an hour. Therefore in one year, light travels 9.4605284 × 10^12 km.
This distance is astronomical;insensibly breath-taking; incromprehensibly large. And yet, you have to multiply this by a factor of 100,000 to get the sheer size of just this galaxy alone! If current physics suggests that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, you are at once left wondering how intergalactic travel is possible.

I'll be back later.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by DeepSight(m): 11:52am On Mar 08, 2012
1Godfather:

On a different note, let us consider the vastness of galaxies as our starting point. This Milky Way galaxy has between 200-300 billion suns (stars)! These stars often have their own planetary systems that revolve around them. Indeed, as we are finding out, there are indeed much bigger stars than our sun all spread out within this one galaxy. And mind you, we are talking about vast swaths of real estate here. As if that is not incomprehensibly large already, you should note that in the universe there are billions upon billions of galaxies!

Which makes the idea that we are alone in the universe outrightly untenable.

If current physics suggests that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, you are at once left wondering how intergalactic travel is possible.

1. It needn't be intergalactic. Could be within this galaxy alone. As you pointed out, there are 200 - 400 billion suns in this galaxy alone - most with planets in orbit around them! So mere interstellar travel is the minimum needed, not necessarily intergalactic.

2. Current physis does indeed limit speed to the speed of light - but let us remember that that is current physics. We cannot know what future physics will present, as our civilization is still quite young. We also cannot know what physics may be deployed by an alien civilization. Infact, on earth already, there is talk about such things as travel in the universe through wormholes, etc. There could also Gaps in the fabric of space which permit movement from one distant end of the universe to another, in an instant. I do not know, we do not know, (and I personally have issues with some of these theories) but one thing we can never do is to limit the possibilities based on current knowledge of physics alone. In 1912 something akin to a fax machine appeared in a sci-fi comic. It was science fiction then. A wonderful idea that a letter could be sent in an instant across the world was seen as sci fi then. Of course, the fax machine of today does just that, and it does not even rank amongst the more astonishing technological feats since then. If technology has come this far within the last 100 years only, it is only left to the imagination what we would achieve given say, 10, 000 more years of steady technological advancement.

Well, maybe the gods will come down from the sky and destroy the tower of babel again.
Re: Martian/ Plaetton - Let's Discuss Ancient Aliens by Jenwitemi(m): 1:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
On the possibility of intergalactic travel by other beings in the universe, we humans falsely believe that they would be on the same level of technological evolution as we are. If our physics tells us that it is impossible to go faster than the speed of light, wouldn't that be because of the level of technological evolution that we are on right now?

It would be by mere common sense to think and accept that other beings in the galaxy who are tens of thousands of years, if not millions or even billions of years ahead of us in science and technological evolution could and should be able to reach speeds that go well beyond the speed of light, thus, travelling across the galaxy or even across the universe, for them, would be a piece of cake?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? / Mask-wearing Ends Before The Rapture - Joseph Prince / Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.