Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

invalid - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / invalid (10079 Views)

Invalid / An Interactive Forum For Everyone / Invalid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: invalid by Vicjustice: 3:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
bravolad:

Vicjustice,
You can come into Nigeria with your MRP & obtain the epassport afterwards. I suggest you go to the NIS headqarters in Sauka Abuja & lodge an official complaint about what happened in Dublin. Provided you can substanciate your claim, they most likely will listen to you.
Sure, the "issuing date" on the passport is 16 May 10, that is enough prove that I was supposed to have been issued the E-Passport which was far in circulation long before then, and yet, they gave me the useless MRP one.
Well, i won't really bother myself to waste more time reporting the embassy any so called authority, it would only be like reporting a Thief to an Armed-Robber.
Re: invalid by kollinsfbi: 5:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
@vicjustice

You are a Nigerian, you know the system very well and you are part of the system by name, complaining will not earn you discount of 1kobo, just take your time, come to naija and get the normal E-pass. Many are in your shoe within and abroad. It's well.

Gbamm over and out
Re: invalid by Vicjustice: 7:00pm On Mar 01, 2012
kollinsfbi:

@vicjustice

You are a Nigerian, you know the system very well and you are part of the system by name, complaining will not earn you discount of 1kobo, just take your time, come to naija and get the normal E-pass. Many are in your shoe within and abroad. It's well.

Gbamm over and out
Thanks man, that's exactly my intention, and that's why i started this thread; in fact, i'll be in Nigeria this month.
Re: invalid by werepeLeri: 7:44am On Mar 02, 2012
I really dont understand the basis for the complain by the OP.
Re: invalid by Vicjustice: 9:38am On Mar 02, 2012
werepeLeri:

I really dont understand the basis for the complain by the OP.
That may be because, it takes a bit of intelligence to understand and be sensitive to other people's plights
Re: invalid by werepeLeri: 10:03am On Mar 02, 2012
^^^

LOL. Plight indeed.
Re: invalid by Kay1kay1(m): 10:00am On Mar 05, 2012
@ Vicjustice
You've been of great assistance to folks on this forum with your posts.

My advice:

(1) Continue to 'manage' ( don't travel unnecessarily) the pages of your old passport until the NIS officials visit the embassy of your location. Therefore, you have to ask the embassy officials to put you on alert.

(2) You'd be wasting your time debating on the charges involved with getting the E-pp.

(3) If you choose to NG (e.g. old pp expires or for any other reason,), make sure you have at least 3 months to spare for this task.

Current cost: 35,000 naira
Time: 3 - 4 weeks

Ask the officer in charge how much the 'whole' thing will cost. ASK. Don't haggle (so long as you're dealing with a uniformed officer in the office in the presence of his or her colleagues. It is an open 'thing' in these offices.

With prodction, push for 2 weeks.

Advice (3) should be your last resort.

'Coluption' at  this parastatal is magnificent though some offices have sign posts with messages ('blibely' is from the 'devl') to make them even look like a religious place of worship.

As per existing visas, you can have them transferred at the respective embassy in NG. On a safer note, explain the case to the immigrtion officials at your current country of residence before you travel out. Let them give you advice.

Hope these help.
Re: invalid by Vicjustice: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^
Thanks for your contribution.
I don't actually have any valid visa in my Nigerian Passport (which is supposed to still be valid for another 3.5 months), but due to the current developments, i though i should replace it. I actually intend to visit Nigeria this month and would be staying for 2 weeks, and hopefully i'd have enough time to get the E-passport. Thanks
Re: invalid by Vicjustice: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2012
NOTICE OF EXTENSION OF THE VALIDITY OF THE
MACHTNE READABLE PASSPORTS (MRP
)

THIS IS TO INFORM NIGERIANS AND MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL
PUBLIC THAT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA HAS EXTENDED
THE VALIDITY OF THE MACHINE READABLE PASSPORTS [MRP) BEYOND
THE 3OTH APRIL, 2011 DEADLINE, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
ALL TRAVEL AGENTS, AIRLINES AND DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR
MISSIONS IN THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND ARE HEREBY REQUESTED TO
PLEASE CONTINUE TO ACCORD DUE RECOGNITION TO THE MRP HELD BY
NIGERIANS.
FURTHERMORE, NIGERIANS WHO HAD ALREADY BOOKED
APPOINTMENTS WITH THE EMBASSY BECAUSE OF THE DEADLINE, WHO
WOULD STILL WANT TO CONTINUE USING THEIR PASSPORTS MAY WISH TO
RESCHEDULE THEIR APPOINTMENTS TO ANOTHER DATE SUITABLE TO
THEM.
PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER THAT EXPIRED MACHINE READABLE
PASSPORTS WILL NOT BE RENEWED. NEW E.PASSPORTS MUST BE
OBTAINED.
SIGNED
EMBASSY OF NIGERIA
DUBLIN
27IH APR.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Got My South Africa Visa: / I Need Direction To Travel From Ladipo To Trade Fair / Airports Named After Notable Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.