Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,886 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu (3316 Views)

I’m The Only Legal Wife Of Ojukwu, Bianca Tells Court / Throwback Picture Of Ojukwu As A Kid - (pic) / Am Not Seeing Election In March A Man Of God Prophecies.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by mukina2: 2:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
The Enugu State government has declared Thursday as a public holiday in honour of the late Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.
A statement signed by the Chief Press Secretary to the state Governor, Chukwudi Achife, said the holiday was to enable the Enugu people participate actively in the funeral activities of the deceased.
He said President Goodluck Jonathan will attend the ceremony which will start by 10.am.
The statement enjoined the various groups in the state, including market associations, traders, artisans and students to turn up en masse and give a befitting burial to the departed ex-warlord.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/38154-enugu-declares-public-holiday-for-ojukwu.html
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by EzeUche(m): 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2012
Igboland is truly celebrating the life of our now deceased leader. smiley
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Marlboro1: 2:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
Actually last day of February or Ojukwu's birthday should be adopted as a national holiday - or at the very least across all South Eastern states. This man stood for equity, fairness and justice across the country in his time. Above all he put his life and family's resources in jeopardy to wage a war against injustice. Martin Luther King Jr of USA did the same through the bully-pulpit and is recognised. Nelon Mandela did the same in S. Africa and is treated today as a hero. Let us give honor to whom it is due.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by kenmusa: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
Nigeria can never again have a brave, kind, generous and intelligent officer and gentleman like the late Ikemba, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. We love him but God loves him more.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by highland(m): 2:38pm On Feb 28, 2012
kenmusa:

Nigeria can never again have a brave, kind, generous and intelligent officer and gentleman like the late Ikemba, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu. We love him but God loves him more.

We will not have Ojukwu again but we still have many more brave and intelligent men and women.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by executinal(m): 2:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
good one Chime and people of Enugu state. Ikemba rest in peace cool cool
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by EkoIle1: 2:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
It's all good as long as y'all keep your millions of holidays in your villages.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by alexleo(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
Much as we love Ojukwu for all his good works when he was alive, the truth remains that if he wasnt born again before his death he cannot enter heaven.
Ojukwu has gone to face the judgemet throne of God and earthly things does not matter anymore for him now. And sorry, hell awaits him if he didnt repent before his death.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Okijajuju1(m): 2:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
I thought it was always public holiday in that state!!  undecided

Its not like anything tangible goes on there sef. . .
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by identified(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28, 2012
errrm 29th of February 2012 on planet earth is wednesday. #okbye
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
So for the next 4yrs or so.  .  .  .aha I see.

Very well planned. An aboki must have given the idea. cheesy
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by LEXYLOV: 2:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
Good for them, but am expecting a week or so because the noise is too loud all over. Moreover what about other igbo states
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by dejust(m): 3:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
As a hero, nothing in his honour is too much. He is a commited visionary leader who copromised his comfort for the sake of Igbo race. Chime, many thanks to you.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by naijanedu(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpjpB_0Xgeg?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

A special tribute to the Hero of our time, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu by Ndigbo Ternopil, UKRAINE

R.I.P IKEMBA NNEWI
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by ekwynwa1: 4:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
R.I.P

IKEMBA uwa nile cool
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Demdem(m): 4:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
alexleo:

Much as we love Ojukwu for all his good works when he was alive, the truth remains that if he wasnt born again before his death he cannot enter heaven.
Ojukwu has gone to face the judgemet throne of God and earthly things does not matter anymore for him now. And sorry, hell awaits him if he didnt repent before his death.

i like the angle u are bringing into this discussion. a word is enough for the wise grin grin
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Nobody: 4:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
@alexeo

Did u know ojukwu personally what gave you d impression he wasn't born again.Ibu ezigbote anu mpama
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by HighChief4(m): 6:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
Nice one. RIP Ikemba
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by marocguy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
The great ezeigbo gburugburu's body in a convoy from the airport in enugu around 6pm this evening. Every vehicle had to be stopped. I parked and took the shot myself at abakpa junction,close to the 82 division army command base.
RIP! THE WISEST OF THE WISE MEN FROM THE EAST!
EZEIGBO GBURUGBURU!

Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Soundmind(m): 7:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
R I P.
Jee ije gi nke oma.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
Best Man in the History of Nigeria smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
WE WELCOME YOU
ANAMBRA hail oo cool cool cool cool

Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by igbaodun: 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
I thought the plan was to declare 2012 a work free year in Ala-igbo in order to honor the Eze Guguru properly? Why the change of mind?
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by dasparrow: 12:19am On Feb 29, 2012
@Op

Not bad. Maybe a one day permanent national holiday honouring Ojukwu can be declared in the SE states only in remembrance of him kind of like MLK day in the States.
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 12:46am On Feb 29, 2012
Would March 1 be enough?

I thought y'all had public holidays between 1967 and 1970 while Black Scorpion struck
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by ekwynwa: 8:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
dayokanu:

Would March 1 be enough?

I thought y'all had public holidays between 1967 and 1970 while Black Scorpion struck

goat head,
Re: Enugu Declares Thursday 1st March A Public Holiday In Honour Of Ojukwu by henrychubayo: 11:18am On Mar 09, 2012
marocguy:

The great ezeigbo gburugburu's body in a convoy from the airport in enugu around 6pm this evening. Every vehicle had to be stopped. I parked and took the shot myself at abakpa junction,close to the 82 division army command base.
RIP! THE WISEST OF THE WISE MEN FROM THE EAST!
EZEIGBO GBURUGBURU!
Greetings my honourable man. I hope u are doing good. Plz can u plz update me on the latest news or stage of the project of enugu international airport. I really appreciate your effort in the last post of it with included pics. Am not in 9ja now but i fought very well for this project. If u can just tell me the latest and pics will also be great. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Constitutional Loopholes To Blame Over Tambuwal’s Crisis – NBA President / #NigeriansboycottDSTV / Gowon Must Live To Answer The Genocide Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.