Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service (15370 Views)

Get Ready To Be Surprised Heavily By Airtel Nigeria / Airtel 3.75g...how Fast Is It? / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by TOYINOLAYEMI: 5:07pm On Feb 28, 2012
News Release
Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage with Launch of 3.75G Service
• Offers High Speed Mobile Internet Coverage in 36 states, FCT
• Offers 50% bonus on activation, FREE 2GB Data bundle on purchase of Data Card
• BlackBerry customers get one month free subscription for 2 months plan activation
Lagos Nigeria; February 28, 2012: Leading telecommunications services provider, Airtel Nigeria has taken a significant step to deepen its network capacity and quality as it announces the roll-out of 3.75 Generation (3G) services across the 36 States in Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

With the pan-Nigeria launch of 3.75 services, the company is set to boost customers’ experience with high speed mobile broadband and internet access, empowering telecoms consumers to watch live TV, download music, make video calls as well as send and receive emails using enabled devices.

Riding on the strength of the 3.75G network, Airtel also announced up to 50% bonus offer on purchase of any of its data plan bundles; free 2GB on purchase of data dongle and a free one month subscription for BlackBerry users who activate a two-month plan.

In addition, new customers on the network will enjoy a bonus N100 airtime on any recharge from N100 and above, plus complimentary 10MB data valid for seven days.

Speaking at the launch, the company’s Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Rajan Swaroop said Airtel has yet again raised the bar in its quest to delight Nigerians with more innovative and affordable telecoms offerings.

He said the latest innovation is timely and a direct response to the yearnings of telecommunications consumers across the globe and especially in Nigeria where technological advancement is moving with the speed of light in line with global trends.

“Today, we are the only operator with five different channels for data bundle activation and our 3.75G capacity is up to 42 megabytes per seconds. This is in sync with the commitment we made to Nigerians on commencement of operation not too long ago, that we shall provide our customers with mobile telecommunications services that will be innovative, affordable, delightful and impactful regardless of our customers’ class, social status or income level. We will continue to live by our commitment to becoming the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians.”

To activate and experience the Airtel 3.75G data speed transmission, customers are advised to send a preferred product code via SMS to 141 or dial *141*1# on their mobile device.

Customers can also activate data bundle plans via My Airtel My Offer (MAMO) toll-free Interactive Voice Response on 141, while those who prefer the WAP or WEB route option can activate through Airtellive.com and selfcare.ng.airtel.com, respectively.

Airtel also provides after sales support and product information on its 3.75G or any data related issue to customers through well trained and dedicated staff at its showrooms and retail distribution outlets across the country.

The Airtel 3.75G network has coverage in all the 36 states of the federation including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.

END
About Bharti Airtel

Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading integrated telecommunications company with operations in 19 countries across Asia and Africa. Headquartered in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G & 3G mobile services, fixed line, high speed broadband through DSL, IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G & 3G mobile services. Bharti Airtel had over 244 million customers across its operations at the end of January 2012. To know more please visit, www.airtel.com

For further details contact:
Erhumu Bayagbon | Public Relations | Airtel Nigeria | M : (+234) 802 222 8723 |O : (+234) 802 192 8723
http://ng.airtel.com | Airtel Head Office, L2 Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria

Emeka Oparah | Director, Corporate Communications & CSR | Airtel Nigeria | M : (+234) 802 222 1120 |O : (+234) 802 192 1120
http://ng.airtel.com | Airtel Head Office, L2 Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by vicshownero(m): 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
i doubt dis news,its nt even on their website,has anybody tried to activate yet?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by abrahym(m): 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2012
it cool, i have 3G of my phone now in ilorin kwara state, pls how do i provision new airtel sim for gprs service
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by puskin: 12:32am On Feb 29, 2012
Hmmm. . . . . so the 1st post dis[b] OP[/b] made was to come and advertise the lauch of Airtel's 3.75G.
Interesting. . . . . .but Airtel get that capacity?? or are they just pulling a stunt to shore up their internet subscriber base.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by bedane: 9:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
See this ones. The Sim ‎‎​I bought for almost 3 days have refused to browse with my Subciption period counting down and their customer care number been available only on print and not in reality and they are here advertising 3.75G . Anyway ‎‎​I don wise up .
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by dragnet: 8:12am On Mar 01, 2012
no 3G yet in my location. . . talkmore of 3.75G
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by rekeson: 9:25am On Mar 01, 2012
It is true
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by dragnet: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2012
what is true?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by aieromon(m): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
I've been using Airtel 3G for the past two months and the experience has been wonderful so far.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by lynxnoon(m): 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
seems with the announcement of this dia 3.75G getting stable 3G n HSDPA hasbeen erratic! angry
these guys shd get dia act together jare angry angry
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by honsule(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2012
I doubt if it is actually 3.75G.But for coverage.I agree with them.In fact,No mtn 3G in most of the Northern states like Bauchi,Yobe,etc but check out Airtel 3G
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by engrhamid(m): 7:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Smiling
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by uhuns: 8:37pm On Mar 01, 2012
en guys

in ph----this is true for the last 2 mths.

only 3g i know---------dont have a stuff for 3.7 g-

and what is the code for the 2 mths bb activation stuff---

or how.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by dragnet: 8:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
still no 3G in Ife, Osun state. . . . So I wonder if it isnt part of the 'covered 36 states'.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
In, Lokoja, Airtel 3g service rules.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by honsule(m): 3:12am On Mar 02, 2012
dragnet:

still no 3G in Ife, Osun state. . . . So I wonder if it isnt part of the 'covered 36 states'.

Migrate to the state capital.Even in the North their 3G is basically in the state capital not in the LG shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by engrhamid(m): 6:18am On Mar 02, 2012
honsule:

Migrate to the state capital.Even in the North their 3G is basically in the state capital not in the LG shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy
honsule:

honsule:

Just to get 3G?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by ndudichukwumah(m): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
Dat is true , for d past 3days I am using d 3.75g and it has been fast for my blackberry in ikorodu lagos
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by dandollar1: 7:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
ndudichukwumah:

Dat is true , for d past 3days I am using d 3.75g and it has been fast for my blackberry in ikorodu lagos
how do you know its 3.75g? Is it written as I'd see the 3g sign on the screen? Or you just observed that its now faster than before?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by honsule(m): 8:55pm On Mar 03, 2012
ndudichukwumah:

dan_dollar:

how do you know its 3.75g? Is it written as I'd see the 3g sign on the screen? Or you just observed that its now faster than before?

same question i wanted to ask.how did u know?this stuff is 3.5G that is what my N97 is showing
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by Dabss(m): 8:38am On Mar 04, 2012
aieromon:

I've been using Airtel 3G for the past two months and the experience has been wonderful so far.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by unphilaz(m): 10:05am On Mar 04, 2012
men
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by presfedrep: 10:55am On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by tunnex190: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2012
How would i activate this 3G stuff on my phone? I am located in Ibadan at the moment.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by kayswag100(m): 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
As an insider, i tell u it's 4 real! But u have 2 make sure ur phone has 3g capability!
U MUST also call d call centre 4 us 2 provision ur sim 4 3G; then u r gud 2 go!!!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by dnative(m): 12:06pm On Mar 04, 2012
which one be 3.75g - naaaija!
small time now you hear say ipad 2.84 don launch for otigba.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by sonyjacobs(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
Airtel 3.5G in Benin city is not stable. the 3G network is fluctuating to much off and on.  However its a nice move frm Airtel
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by reloboy(m): 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
No wonder the speed on my phone is very super
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by clip: 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
If the story is true,then welcome more on board.Let the war of service and price start on broadband internet browsing.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by bonetalk(m): 1:50pm On Mar 04, 2012
Airtel 3g network is now in Ado-Ekiti, but, it's fluntuating. I am using 3g phone, but doesn't display 3.7g, and how do i know this coz it's only displays 3g
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by stone07(m): 2:34pm On Mar 04, 2012
3G live ilorin.3G on my phone now
Re: Airtel Nigeria Deepens Coverage With Launch Of 3.75g Service by samyng(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
I hope this time this news is true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blackberry Mep Zero(0)& Bb Unlocking / How To Capture, Edit And Post 3D Photos On Facebook. / The Next Big Thing: Tecno Phantom Z Mini Announced!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.