Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Love, Money And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love, Money And Relationships (11710 Views)

If All Women Love Money Then Why Do They Do This (pics) / Prophecy And Relationships / Why Girls Love Money More Than Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 10:58am On Feb 29, 2012
It’s good to be in love. It’s good be feel loved. Getting into a relationship based on love for each other is wonderful. Let’s face it. A relationship cannot live on that love alone. It needs money. Don’t get me wrong. I like money, you like money, we all like money. But I don’t love money, I can not love money. Do you love money? Should you love money? Love is an emotion, not for inanimate objects like money but for beings with feelings and the capability to reciprocate that emotion in return. Therefore, the love of money is bad. But we do have people that have the love of money, and they bring this love into a relationship, and now, they will have two loves: The guy/girl they are in a relationship with and Money. When the love of money overshadows the love the have for a fellow human, what happens? Your guess is as good as mine.
There is a need for a balance. You shouldn’t go into a relationship if you cannot rightly sustain it. There is a time for everything. If you are in school, that is the time for you to read. I’m referring to guy’s in particular. Most of the heartbreaks guys face is as a result of lack of money to sustain the love. A man’s life is different from that of a woman. Nature has given you the responsibility to cater for the needs of a woman, of course when you get married to her. What happens when you decide to disobey nature and start trying to take care of a woman when it is not your time? Duh! When a guy who it’s his time comes along, that woman will leave you. How about working hard to achieve your goals, aims and dreams. Get comfortable with your money, realize that natural need to settle down and then enter into a relationship proper? Does that make more sense than spending your school fees on a random lady?
Develop the right attitude towards dating. Dating should be with a view to getting married. If you cannot handle the responsibilities of a home, why saddle yourself with financial expenses of a girl you aint thinking of marrying? You both may be madly in love with yourselves, but financial problems are real too. If you don’t have a steady source of income pls pls and pls, avoid any form of relationships. You can have friends you hang out with, at least no one is expecting anything from you, but then, deciding to settle for a relationship proper comes with responsibilities. Love will not pay your bills. Economic situation in the world today is dwindling and getting worse. . .
When you are finally ready to get married, have it at the back of your mind that money is the leading cause of disputes, quarrels and what have you in the home. Realistically talk about budgets and how bills will be paid, and how you will manage you accounts. If you fail to plan, you have planned to fail. . .
If you get into a relationship with a lady, and you can’t afford to buy a gift for her you don’t love her. Ok. You may love her, but you are not showing it. Damn, Sex is NOT love so don’t even go there. Romantic outings, eat outs, movies pizza/sharwarma dates, blah blah blah all require money. Don't buy gifts you cannot sustain. Don’t be ostentatious. If you base that relationship on money, you only have your self to blame. Cultivate the balance between Love & money . . . wink

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 10:59am On Feb 29, 2012
(still reading) tongue

Love sucks.

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by adosjun(m): 11:08am On Feb 29, 2012
Yawn.,,,nnnnn, Young man leave nairaland ? go look F job, Because U?? most really be jobless post this long text when ur mates are out there hustling, Its only an advice.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 11:11am On Feb 29, 2012
^
Wrote this from the office. . . NEXT!

Chima, It doesn't suck. But if you fail to define your priorities, it sucks BIG time.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 11:14am On Feb 29, 2012
adosjun:

Yawn.,,,nnnnn, Young man leave nairaland ? go look F job, Because U?? most really be jobless post this long text when ur mates are out there hustling, Its only an advice.
^
What are you doing on Nairaland by the way? Are you Jobless too? If you are an ignoramus, minimize the way you display it on a public forum. Cheers!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by MrsChima1(f): 11:16am On Feb 29, 2012
~Killz~:

^
Wrote this from the office. . . NEXT!

Chima, It doesn't suck. But if you fail to define your priorities, it sucks BIG time.

Don't get me wrong, I meant that in a positive way (sorta) and I think love makes you work harder to maintain a positive balance.  

Negativity is what make Love sucks.  

(Check the other thread)  wink
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 11:19am On Feb 29, 2012
smiley
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by 195(f): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2012
adosjun:

ROTFL

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by MrCork17: 12:29pm On Feb 29, 2012
~Killz~:

It’s good to be in love. It’s good be feel loved. Getting into a relationship based on love for each other is wonderful. Let’s face it.  A relationship cannot live on that love alone. It needs money. Don’t get me wrong. I like money, you like money, we all like money. But I don’t love money, I can not love money. Do you love money? Should you love money? Love is an emotion, not for inanimate objects like money but for beings with feelings and the capability to reciprocate that emotion in return. Therefore, the love of money is bad. But we do have people that have the love of money, and they bring this love into a relationship, and now, they will have two loves: The guy/girl they are in a relationship with and Money. When the love of money overshadows the love the have for a fellow human, what happens? Your guess is as good as mine.
There is a need for a balance. You shouldn’t go into a relationship if you cannot rightly sustain it. There is a time for everything. If you are in school, that is the time for you to read. I’m referring to guy’s in particular. Most of the heartbreaks guys face is as a result of lack of money to sustain the love.  A man’s life is different from that of a woman. Nature has given you the responsibility to cater for the needs of a woman, of course when you get married to her. What happens when you decide to disobey nature and start trying to take care of a woman when it is not your time? Duh! When a guy who it’s his time comes along, that woman will leave you. How about working hard to achieve your goals, aims and dreams. Get comfortable with your money, realize that natural need to settle down and then enter into a relationship proper? Does that make more sense than spending your school fees on a random lady?
Develop the right attitude towards dating. Dating should be with a view to getting married. If you cannot handle the responsibilities of a home, why saddle yourself with financial expenses of a girl you aint thinking of marrying?  You both may be madly in love with yourselves, but financial problems are real too. If you don’t have a steady source of income pls pls and pls, avoid any form of relationships. You can have friends you hang out with, at least no one is expecting anything from you, but then, deciding to settle for a relationship proper comes with responsibilities. Love will not pay your bills. Economic situation in the world today is dwindling and getting worse. . .
When you are finally ready to get married, have it at the back of your mind that money is the leading cause of disputes, quarrels and what have you in the home. Realistically talk about budgets and how bills will be paid, and how you will manage you accounts. If you fail to plan, you have planned to fail. . .
If you get into a relationship with a lady, and you can’t afford to buy a gift for her you don’t love her. Ok. You may love her, but you are not showing it. Damn, Sex is NOT love so don’t even go there. Romantic outings, eat outs, movies pizza/sharwarma dates, blah blah blah all require money. Don't buy gifts you cannot sustain. Don’t be ostentatious. If you base that relationship on money, you only have your self to blame. Cultivate the balance between Love & money . . . wink

killz. is this your school homework? undecided
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 12:39pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^
No, My Science project. . .
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by AZeD1(m): 12:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
~Killz~:

It’s good to be in love. It’s good be feel loved. Getting into a relationship based on love for each other is wonderful. Let’s face it.  A relationship cannot live on that love alone. It needs money. Don’t get me wrong. I like money, you like money, we all like money. But I don’t love money, I can not love money. Do you love money? Should you love money? Love is an emotion, not for inanimate objects like money but for beings with feelings and the capability to reciprocate that emotion in return. Therefore, the love of money is bad. But we do have people that have the love of money, and they bring this love into a relationship, and now, they will have two loves: The guy/girl they are in a relationship with and Money. When the love of money overshadows the love the have for a fellow human, what happens? Your guess is as good as mine.
There is a need for a balance. You shouldn’t go into a relationship if you cannot rightly sustain it. There is a time for everything. If you are in school, that is the time for you to read. I’m referring to guy’s in particular. Most of the heartbreaks guys face is as a result of lack of money to sustain the love.  A man’s life is different from that of a woman. Nature has given you the responsibility to cater for the needs of a woman, of course when you get married to her. What happens when you decide to disobey nature and start trying to take care of a woman when it is not your time? Duh! When a guy who it’s his time comes along, that woman will leave you. How about working hard to achieve your goals, aims and dreams. Get comfortable with your money, realize that natural need to settle down and then enter into a relationship proper? Does that make more sense than spending your school fees on a random lady?
Develop the right attitude towards dating. Dating should be with a view to getting married. If you cannot handle the responsibilities of a home, why saddle yourself with financial expenses of a girl you aint thinking of marrying? You both may be madly in love with yourselves, but financial problems are real too. If you don’t have a steady source of income pls pls and pls, avoid any form of relationships. You can have friends you hang out with, at least no one is expecting anything from you, but then, deciding to settle for a relationship proper comes with responsibilities. Love will not pay your bills. Economic situation in the world today is dwindling and getting worse. . .

In the article, you kind of contradict yourself. You say one should learn to balance between love and money and then you say if you dont have a steady source of income don't date. That statement can be transcribed to mean love is for only people with money.
I know that two reasonable people who are dating know each others financial capability and they know what not to expect from their partners. It would have made sense to say don't GET MARRIED without a steady source of income.
By the way, Love will not pay your bills but loving the right person might just.

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 1:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
A-ZeD:

In the article, you kind of contradict yourself. You say one should learn to balance between love and money and then you say if you dont have a steady source of income don't date. That statement can be transcribed to mean love is for only people with money.
No! Love is not only for people with money, but getting into a relationship is for people who can sustain it! To sustain it, you need money. A steady income will do just fine. When you start and cannot finish, problems may arise. Not necessarily arising in all cases, cos all humans are not the same. But to be on a safer side. . .
I know that two reasonable people who are dating know each others financial capability and they know what not to expect from their partners. It would have made sense to say don't GET MARRIED without a steady source of income.
Yeah don't get married and don't get into a "serious" relationship. I believe it's just commonsense to wait until you are financially balanced. . .

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by IZUKWU(m): 1:23pm On Feb 29, 2012
This explains why some young men will do anything , anything to get money because without money nothing for you not even love. But do not the best things in life come free !
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 1:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^^
If you maintain a positive view of money, you'll realize that it is vain doing anything to get it. Money cannot buy love. If you have the notion that money buys love, you'll only attract gold diggers who are in love with your money, and NOT you! wink Being positive about money is when you honestly realize that life is a stage, and you need to work hard for your money. NO ONE wants to suffer, no matter how much they love you. It's that love that drives you to work hard to maintain your relationship. Entering a relationship when you are in no position to work and earn money is very futile and a waste of some precious time!

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by slimyem: 1:51pm On Feb 29, 2012
Money,Love and Relationships cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by LaParisienne(f): 2:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
Mr, Cork:

killz. is this your school homework? undecided

Oh lawd, my ribs

@OP
I agree with most of your post, though it's somewhat contradictory.

But I disagree with you, where you said we shouldn't love money simply because it's inanimate and can't reciprocate the feelings. The satisfaction I could get from flying first class, Prada and Louis Vuitton bags. . ., Diamond rings and jewelries, luxury cars and houses, Rolex watches, 5 star vacations etc is enough reciprocation for me cool.

Honestly, it breaks my heart when I see women staying with abusive men because of money.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 2:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
^Hehe. i think you misunderstood me. There's a difference between liking money, and loving it. I like money too, but i believe my life should not be centered around it. For example, it would be wrong for me to choose Love of Money over Love of Spouse, Friends or Family! The satisfaction you get from all that is a reciprocation of your hard work. You choose to work hard for that money, it has come and you have to enjoy it. Now, will you choose to love someone or to love money and all it can give you?. . . . . . . . cheesy That's the point i was trying to pass across.

It's good if people can really see money for what it is, and put it in it's rightful place. . . Balancing!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 29, 2012
I some what agree with the poster, money makes a relationship less fustrating and reduces stress. However we all should adopt the right notion towards money. Dating someone because of the size of their purse should never be encouraged. A Relationship that is based on funds can never survive, however the real bond in a should be genuie love, trust and friendship. We should never see dating someone as a means to success or an increase in the bank account.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by mobf: 3:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
If you don’t have a steady source of income pls pls and pls, avoid any form of relationships
You're asking for trouble,

But we do have people that have the love of money, and they bring this love into a relationship, and now, they will have two loves: The guy/girl they are in a relationship with and Money
true that, very true

If you get into a relationship with a lady, and you can’t afford to buy a gift for her you don’t love her. Ok. You may love her, but you are not showing it. Damn, Sex is NOT love so don’t even go there. Romantic outings, eat outs, movies pizza/sharwarma dates, blah blah blah all require money. Don't buy gifts you cannot sustain. [b]Don’t be ostentatious
. If you base that relationship on money, you only have your self to blame.[/b]
I don't agree. Doing something special for someone who's deserving of it is a good thing. Doesn't necessarily mean that you have to do something bigger than the first. If you feel you have to it should be because you have the means and not because the person pressurizes you.

What do you mean by that? "don't be ostentatious"   can't a guy/gurl spoil their partner if they have the means to?

Cultivate the balance between Love & money

Pray give us a few tips herr Killz
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 3:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Being ostentatious means a pretentious show of wealth you don't really have. More like spending to impress. If you spend above your means, and you give in to her every demand, she naturally feels you have it. Now when she makes a demand based on the assumption you made her believe and you say no, what do you think will be the resultant effect? cheesy
Doing something for someone special is good. But do so within your means. If you want to really really do something extraordinary, be honest about it. Avoid ostentation! wink

1 Like

Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Killz3(m): 3:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
I some what agree with the poster, money makes a relationship less fustrating and reduces stress. However we all should adopt the right notion towards money. Dating someone because of the size of their purse should never be encouraged. A Relationship that is based on funds can never survive, however the real bond in a should be genuie love, trust and friendship. We should never see dating someone as a means to success or an increase in the bank account.
I agree. cheesy
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by mobf: 4:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
~Killz~:

Being ostentatious means a pretentious show of wealth you don't really have. More like spending to impress. If you spend above your means, and you give in to her every demand, she naturally feels you have it. Now when she makes a demand based on the assumption you made her believe and you say no, what do you think will be the resultant effect? cheesy
Doing something for someone special is good. [color=#990000]But do so within your means
. If you want to really really do something extraordinary, be honest about it. Avoid ostentation! wink
[/color]
Shikena!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by deniyor: 5:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
I disagree with the relationship between love and relationship. Money can't buy you love but it can help make it better.
I dated a lady while before graduating university. It took a long while to even find a job or be able to sustain myself. Yet we were able to maintain our relationship well enough. For years without money or means of an income.

You don't need to have money to fall in love or maintain a woman. If you have that idea, you have the wrong mentality of what relationships and love is all about.

If I have money I will buy her gifts to show I appreciate her. If I don't have, I can't buy anything for her. I will appreciate in many other ways. Spending time with her, listening to her, do things with her, get to know her, do things for her.

There is a reason I only have eyes for one lady and one lady only - For 3 years I had absolutely nothing and she loved me and stood by me nevertheless. Now that is my definition of love.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by LaParisienne(f): 6:08pm On Feb 29, 2012
~Killz~:

^Hehe. i think you misunderstood me. There's a difference between liking money, and loving it. I like money too, but i believe my life should not be centered around it. For example, it would be wrong for me to choose Love of Money over Love of Spouse, Friends or Family! The satisfaction you get from all that is a reciprocation of your hard work. You choose to work hard for that money, it has come and you have to enjoy it. Now, will you choose to love someone or to love money and all it can give you?. . . . . . . . cheesy That's the point i was trying to pass across.

It's good if people can really see money for what it is, and put it in it's rightful place. . . Balancing!

Ok I get your point. And I'll never choose money over my loved ones. Moreover, I know how to do magic and strike a healthy balance, I don't need to choose between money or luxury and love wink

Btw, I hope you were being specific when you said that the satisfaction I get from spending money is a result of my hardwork. Luxury doesn't always equate hardwork, and vice versa. Not everybody that enjoys luxury worked hard for it. Par exemple: Naija politicians and their families,executive runs girls/glamour models, and every other persons that enjoy awoof. Just saying. . .
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Ammyng(f): 6:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
What's love without money?
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by LaParisienne(f): 6:27pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^^Kerosene background/gold digger alert!!!
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Ammyng(f): 6:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
May suffering and poverty be your portion IJN .  Amen
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Nobody: 6:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
oouch
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by LaParisienne(f): 6:41pm On Feb 29, 2012
You can never have the luxury of me exchanging words with a hood rat like you.

The joke is on you, your cusses are infront of you and right behind you.
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by Ammyng(f): 6:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
Funny and LMAO at hood rat. . . Please try again later. . I have got a life try getting one. Bye
Re: Love, Money And Relationships by mobf: 6:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
Ammyng:

May suffering and poverty be your portion IJN .  Amen
Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

So Shemales Really Exist / My Girl's Pussy Stinks / See How Lady Exposes Her Bare Ass In The Club(pics And Videos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.