Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn (3994 Views)

Prince Mohammed Audu's For Kogi Governorship (Photo) / Why Abubakar Audu (68) Is A Bad Choice For Kogi State-Barcanista / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by mukina2: 2:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Mr Abednego Akabuko, PHCN Manager of Lokoja Business District in Kogi, said on Tuesday that the rampant power outage in the state would soon be a thing of the past.

Akabuko told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lokoja that five additional power projects approved by the Federal Government for the state would soon be completed.

According to him, the projects include the 33KVA overhead line from Ajaokuta to Idah-Okpachala axis in Kogi East senatorial district and the 33KVA overhead line from Okene-Lokoja-Banda- Koton-Karfri areas.

Akabuko listed others to include the 33KVA overhead line from Ajaokuta to Lokoja and the installation of a 15 MVA transformer at the injection sub-station in Lokoja.

He said that there was also the construction of a 11 KV feeder pillar in Lokoja.

Akabuko said the upgrade of the Ajaokuta transmission station from 33KVA to 60MVA, which was embarked early last year, had been completed and commissioned about two years.

The manager said that 15 of the existing 19 transformers in Lokoja and its environs had been reactivated and injected back into the national grid.

According to him, the aluminum cable wire supplying electricity to different parts of the city has been upgraded from 35mm to 150mm to reduce the incidence of wire snapping.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201202290473.html
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by Kobojunkie: 2:58pm On Feb 29, 2012
PHCN no longer exists. Is this 419 news??
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by dejust(m): 3:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
well, lets watch and see.
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by otokx(m): 3:37pm On Feb 29, 2012
they mean uninterrupted darkness
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by Chongaiman: 3:44pm On Feb 29, 2012
Story, story . . . .
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by johnshagb(m): 3:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Great news. My current location in kogi state enjoy approximately 18 hours of power.
Uninterrupted power supply is going to make a lot of sense. smiley
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by kulutempa: 3:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
Typically government propaganda and empty promise. Notice how he has not given any timelines or deadlines grin
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by beespak7(m): 4:34pm On Feb 29, 2012
Story story story !!!
na today?
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by Businesstools(m): 4:45pm On Feb 29, 2012
Those words are not strange to Nigerians.Corruption will never let that happen.
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by kutchs: 4:50pm On Feb 29, 2012
@Kulutempa, does he really need to give a timeline or deadline for d thing to work? Timelimes are usually useless in Nigeria, what is needed is for there to be uninterrupted power supply as he claims.
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by kulutempa: 5:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
kutchs:

@Kulutempa, does he really need to give a timeline or deadline for d thing to work? Timelimes are usually useless in Nigeria, what is needed is for there to be uninterrupted power supply as he claims. 

When?  Next millenium?  Infinity?
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by 1025: 5:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
they mean uninterrupted darkness

@otoks,
u got them there.
aso rock is a seat of darkness and nigeria is under the rulership of dark power and that is why they had to change nepa to power holding instead of power giving.
steady power soon? jonathan declared emergency in our power sector and we no see light, how can soon bring power?
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by dmainboss: 6:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
No matter how negative or bitter some of you sound, it doesn't make what you say fact. There has been a lot of improvement in power supply accross the country. Places like Benin, Enugu and PH have much improved power supply. Last time I was in Benin, some part of town had continous power for 3 weeks without interruption. The worst power supply is still in Lagos and Abuja. Very very poor. Most also places like Aba, abeokuta, onitsha, and several others still have terrible supply. A few places in Lagos enjoy improved supply like Lekki/Ajah, surulere and Ogba. Most others still suffer very poor power supply.
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by samdigo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
bunch of stories, but it would b nice tho, cuz dats my state
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by sunkoye: 6:11pm On Feb 29, 2012
am sure the man would turn around someday saying " he was quoted out of context" ika buruku angry
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by Acidosis(m): 9:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
I lived in Kogi state for 10years and I've been to some other cities in the country, but when it comes to stable power, Kogi st. is number 1. You hardly see generator sets. People rely on PHCN to run their biz. .
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by donclemo(m): 9:21pm On Feb 29, 2012
Acidosis:

I lived in Kogi state for 10years and I've been to some other cities in the country, but when it comes to stable power, Kogi st. is number 1. You hardly see generator sets. People rely on PHCN to run their biz. .
Yea i agree with you i have also been to Kogi too and Okene used to have stable power supply then
Re: Uninterrupted Power Supply For Kogi Soon - Phcn by member479760: 9:59pm On Feb 29, 2012
SOON - might 100 years.

(1) (Reply)

Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks / Presidential Media Team Releases Official Photos Of Jonathan's Visit To OAU / Saraki And The Limits Of Over Ambition - Femi Falana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.