Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 AM

Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join (30645 Views)

Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Course Aspirants(dssc) 2015 / Airforce And Navy Dssc Results Are Out / How To Join The SSS, Customs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by chuksk9(m): 5:15pm On Feb 29, 2012
Xup nairalanders.pls help me out here.i want to join d military but don't kw which one to join.i love d both of dem bt am confuse.ARMY AND NAVY which on is d best to join. Thanx.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Bisjosh(f): 7:05pm On Feb 29, 2012
navy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by get2okey(m): 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
navy is cool
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Dyt(f): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2012
Navy all d way
mayb cos i lyk d white wear sha bt Army aint bad, dey jst lk lyk dere uniform most tyms
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by eyezgal(f): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2012
navy is far better!!!
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by dare2think: 12:13pm On Mar 01, 2012
You'll get more chics in white.  cool

NNSSABK. Muster on the lawn
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by tivta(m): 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2012
If you want to chop your money and be alive join the navy cause they see less action.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by LEXYLOV: 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2012
Non zombie na zombie undecided
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by stepo707: 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
dare2think:

You'll get more chics in white.  cool

NNSSABK. Muster on the lawn

lol.I prefer navy too
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2012
Doesn't really matter, you will see action except you are in one of the proffessional or non-teeth  corps\dept like medical, education, finance etc
Personally for me, I prefer the navy because I will mostly be posted to areas in the southern region. I do not want anything that will take me to one obscure place like zungeru, takum or maiduguri shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by mkmyers45(m): 12:33pm On Mar 01, 2012
Its gotta be the "Men in Blue"

Navy is a good one anytime anyday, and the pay is a little better
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Lucy001(f): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
Navy is cool, join the navy!
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by member479760: 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2012
mend
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Chimezie198(m): 1:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
Boko haram
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Chimezie198(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Boko haram
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2012
Navy or Airforce all the waaay menhhh, Then its among the Armed forces, Not Military, Military is more associated with the Army. wink
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by jumpmasta(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
@Poster, from all indication,almost all the posters on this thread are greatly naive on the said issue, they are just replying from their perceived opinion which is wide off the mark, my advice,look for an officer in the Army or Navy, approach him nicely possibly in the officers mess, and put across ur questions to him or her, u ll surely get answers
smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by deebayour(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2012
do you love water or have experience as a swimmer, then you can join the Navy if not then you can join the Army. if you are a graduate you can become a second lieutenant after your short service course
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by y2kaustin(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
@ poster go join police, cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by jumpmasta(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
deebayour:

do you love water or have experience as a swimmer, then you can join the Navy if not then you can join the Army. if you are a graduate you can become a second lieutenant after your short service course
my cousin is a naval officer, and he is yet to know how to swim, its not a criterion for joining the Nigerian navy,
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by victor1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2012
The Military comprises of the Army, the Navy and the Airforce. it's the same thing as the armed forces.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Businesstools(m): 1:59pm On Mar 01, 2012
Your level of education should influence your decision.If you are a graduate and like being combatant,go for the Army.If you are a school cert holder or ND or NCE holder,I'll advise you go for the Navy.Having said that,I do not pray for any of my relatives to join the military as an order rank.It is not a pleasant experience.It is modern slavery.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by stagger: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
Join the Navy as an officer and get posted to the Eastern Naval Command. Enough money from bunkering. cheesy
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by lilkech(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
Navy : gentleman status, nice uniform, excessive study ( olodo no go get promotion ), no aid or pa till d rank of captain, nice pay ( less outside runs )

Army : gangster status, rugged uniform, enough pa & aids from rank of major ( Navy Sub-Liutenant ), okay pay ( enough outside runs ), license to flaunt weapons erratically, promotion borders basically on peace keeping missions.

Army has the highest amount of personnel followed by Navy then Airforce.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by victor1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 01, 2012
The salary is the same for the 3 arms of the military (Army, Navy and Airforce.) HAFSS - Harmonised Armed Forces Salary Scale.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by victor1(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2012
If you want to become an officer and you are above 22 the qualifications are Bsc or HND.
The training is basically the same across board except for the professional training relevant to the particular arm of the military you want to join.
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by jumpmasta(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
lilkech:

Navy : gentleman status, nice uniform, excessive study ( olodo no go get promotion ), no aid or pa till d rank of captain, nice pay ( less outside runs )

Army : gangster status, rugged uniform, enough pa & aids from rank of major ( Navy Sub-Liutenant ), okay pay ( enough outside runs ), license to flaunt weapons erratically, promotion borders basically on peace keeping missions.

Army has the highest amount of personnel followed by Navy then Airforce.
My brother ,you are very ignorant, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by kemiola89(f): 2:43pm On Mar 01, 2012
navy force to me is da best force one can join
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by kemiola89(f): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2012
navy force to me is da best force one can join
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2012
The navy has pratically nothing to do, no war so navy it is
Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by slam7000(m): 3:25pm On Mar 01, 2012
PHUCCK Navy and Army, Dont listen to any advice from all these ignoramuses here on nairaland, please join NIGERIAN POLICE OR NATIONAL CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS, they are the best,if you cant get in cos they very competitive,you can try MAN O WAR,or BOYS SCOUT MOVEMENT. grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army And Navy Which One Is The Best To Join by cdoffx(m): 3:30pm On Mar 01, 2012
its a matter of what you like between the two. try to get things that are peculiar to the two and see the one that interest you most.
personally i love the airforce cos i love watching dogfights in movies and will be happy to engage in one as a fighter pilot hence my ambition of joinin airforce after youth service

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test / My Experience With Gnld Headquarters At Gbagada / N-Power Records 400,000 Registration In 36 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.