Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? (3123 Views)

E-passport Renewal/extension / Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? by gbengaijot(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2007
I visited the Nigerian immigration branch office in Osogbo today. i actually went there with my friend who wanted to renew his Passport which is due for expiration in december 2007.

Funny enough, immeditely we got to the gate, the two officers at the gate scrambled on us like touts asking us what we came for. I sheepishly answred out of sincerity that we want to renew passport and he immediately said N6000. i was like, wattttttttttttt six thousand what?. I was just going to walkin in when he followed us till we got to the main desk and i noticed that he whispered to the officer in charge of renewal. I mediately he left, the guy said, passport Renewal is N6000.

I simply told him it was expensive. Later on, i gve him a tested question. i was going to tell if he was lygin, Can i speak to Mr X(name witheld), i asked. He replied me by saying Mr X has been transfered and i laguhed on the inside of me. i simply beckoned on my friend that we should leave. On my way out, i told my friend, Do you know i don't know any Mr X. it was only an imagineary name,

Now my question is, HOW MUCH DOES A PASSPORT RENEWAL COST?.

I have been to the NIS website, but i am thinking the data is old. On there, they have a passport renewal for N2600, but equally, its written on there that payment should be made into a Standard trust bank account!( Thasts old innit?)
http://www.immigration.gov.ng/ServiceCharter.htm
Does anyone know?

why is it that immigration officers now tout and inflate prices. I am not really keen on my friend paying N6000 for a renewal when the issuance of a new one is N5100.
Re: How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? by stick2clem(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2007
almost 11,000 now, because alot of people are despirate to get it, so it made the officiers there intrested in collecting bribes to make it quicker for some people that are intrested
Re: How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? by lagoshost(m): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2007
I am very interested in this information as my PP will expire soon.

Regards,
Chibueze
Re: How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? by iice(f): 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2007
N11,000? shocked angry Well. . .that renewal will have to wait
Re: How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? by stick2clem(m): 2:22am On Dec 30, 2007
you'll get it the 3rd day. gudluck
Re: How Much Does Passport Renewal Cost? by funkybaby(f): 11:19am On Dec 31, 2007
@siena
Lol. 1978??

Yeah, i agree with you. It's an antique.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Boarder Clearance, It Was Hell! I Need Clarification! / Top 11 Busiest Airports In Africa By Passenger Traffic / Where To Buy In Lagos? (lp, Map, Art: )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.