Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,587 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:02 PM

How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? (2097 Views)

Please How Much Can I Charge To Build A Church Database? / Web Masters: How Much Will You Charge To Manage A Company's Website! / How Much Should I Charge For This Website? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2012
How much should i charge to design a website for a hotel?
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 7:11am On Mar 02, 2012
How much should i charge to design a website for a hotel?
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by yawatide(f): 11:49am On Mar 02, 2012
This answer might seem silly but if you read the tea leaves, there is seriousnes to it:

The equilibrium b/w as much as you are willing to charge and as much as the hotel is willing to pay.

Of course, I couldn't possibly give you a quote unless I knew all the features they wanted on the site.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 12:07pm On Mar 02, 2012
They want to have a feature whereby people can book for reservation, together with other basic things that come with a website.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by yawatide(f): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
and what are "other basic things"? Better yet, to avoid back and forth, are there example websites they can point me to, so I can have a better idea of what they want?
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by soloqy: 2:49am On Mar 03, 2012
Chimxy4sato:

They want to have a feature whereby people can book for reservation, together with other basic things that come with a website.

When a client asks you to quote for a project and you have obviously not done such before, try to ask them if they have sites in their line of business which they would want to model theirs after. They may not be able to tell you exactly what they want but when they show you sites that they like, you would then be able to look at all the stuff on that site and bill accordingly.

You can then give them other options using their reference as base. Also, when you get such a request, do an online search and take a look at hotel websites all around the world and see the features and trends. That way you can even make suggestions .
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by ilekky(m): 9:18am On Mar 03, 2012
Good talk.Let them tell you the features they want

so that you don't get your fingers burnt.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
The features they want are: online booking, newsletter, contact form, social bookmarking. The website will be between 6 and 12 pages.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by yawatide(f): 7:45pm On Mar 03, 2012
I think the world of web dev has moved beyond number of pages. Just give the client what they want. If it comes up to 1 page, so be it. If it comes up to 100 pages (hopefully all dynamic, but I digress), so be it. Just make sure you are charging accordingly.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 8:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
Tanx bro. But hw much do u think i should charge based on the description of d work?
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by soloqy: 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
Chimxy4sato:

Tanx bro. But hw much do u think i should charge based on the description of d work?

But you are the one who will be doing the work , no? No one can tell you what to charge for a job you are going to do.

Have you not done any jobs before now? If you have, surely you know the time and effort it took to complete. You should be able to bill accordingly if you have been doing jobs before. Or are you hoping to pass it on to someone else and play the middle man?

No one can tell you what to charge for a job that you are going to do.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by yawatide(f): 2:42am On Mar 04, 2012
^^^Yep, we can merely suggest. . .and I suggest a minimum of 300K (negotiable)
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 9:09am On Mar 04, 2012
Thanks Yawatide. I appreciate. Takia
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2012
Well said @all,

Never takeup a job just to settle your financial needs.
some clients are so stubborn, they just keep adding features aside what was previously spelt out as your scope of job.

Just clearly spell out what the features of the website will be.

All things being equal i think that 300k is worth it based on the fact that will will surely negotiate.

my candid advice dont try and go anything below 150k at the end of the day.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by utimatedes(m): 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2012
It is obvious you have not done many projects or you are just starting, so i understand how difficult it will be for you to determine the right price for the project so as not to charge big and looses it or small and incurs loses.

As Soloqy has said, you simply follow the recommendation to determine what they want and had more features if need be.

Charging for such project will largely depends on so many factors:
1) Your client capacity- Can your client pay higher if you charge them big? Is your client a small business or big and established company?
2) Features - The features play a pivotal role in determining the cost of the project. Is it a feature that will require you to outsources?
3) Your skills and speed.
4) Time it will takes to complete the project.
5) The other expenses that you will incur.

There are so many factors that you will take into consideration.
If your client is a small business that is just starting up, don't you think charging 300K will be too much for them? If the client agree to pay 50k - 100k, and you know you won't loose, why not go for it?
That will expose you the more and you will be able to gather more experiences and skills.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Chimxy4sato(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
Tanx guys. U guys have been so helpful.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by ArthurBrooke: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2012
This is not an easy task to determine how much a developer should charge to develop a website . It completely depends upon the type and time of work required in formation of a website.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by mrperfect(m): 11:27am On Apr 27, 2012
Depends on Your client capacity and your time.
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by sisqology(m): 8:18pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hian
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Seamate(m): 1:18am On Apr 29, 2012
Who said you should bill them 300k. Are you really serious that he shouldn't go below 150k in this age of Wordpress and CMS?
Re: How Much Should I Charge To Design A Website For A Hotel?!? by Thatdave(m): 5:46am On Apr 29, 2012
If am going to spin the site yourself, and its going to be a complete hotel billing and reservation website
Then i'll charge not less than 500K
If am going to install some CMS or Blog i'll charge whatever they can pay.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Submit Paid Articles To Naij.com Or Premium Times / Popular Nigerian Blogger Bag Blogger Of The Year Award 2017 / Own A UAE Fully Verified Paypal For Your Online Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.