Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,229 members, 7,807,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? (9118 Views)

Domestic Violence In Relationships! / How To Manage Domestic Violence In A Relationship / Domestic Violence And Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by sample042(m): 3:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
wat a pity to victimizers. men, instead of beating ur spouse i tnk its beta 2 go 4 a DIVORCE.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by PrettyLil: 4:51pm On Mar 02, 2012
Well seems in nija domestic violence is 'condoned' pls watch my words in '' ,

as earlier said - no sane woman leaves a healthy marriage n kids to want to go back to the streets, there must be a reason for it.

Do we (congregation) really read and understand our bibles n have a relationship with God? or are we so lazy that the verbal sermon of a pastor is enuff to keep us from sun to sun?

Makes me laff at the pastor's response - pray , what does it cost you to change your church if you dont ve the support of your 'pastor' to leave an abusive environment - now she is dead - yes pastor looses a member - bt a mother has lost a child - that pain is unbearable

We as a society can do alot - by nt lookin down or labelling this women - divorcees, single mums etc - whilst some of this women are not blameless - abuse is not the answer for any one - definetly not domestic abuse

In the UK - there have been 2 cases of where nija ladies have been killed by spouses - one was a jamaican spouse the 2nd was a nija spouse, In the states - its even worse ,

LETS ALL SAY NO TO ANY FORM OF ABUSE - if its not right - its not ok - today its just a church member or a nobody - tomorrow - it could be your daughter / sis / or your mum

NO TO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE - simple ,

i dont know this law in nija dat allows the men to have the kids - terrible in a country where poligamy is legally rite - d man takes custody of the kids (90% of the time to just punish the mother o) and abandons with his 2nd wife, who then maltreats d kids?

sometimes i loose hope in nija fr real - wen 'trival' issues like this can not addressed and cleaned out , cry
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Boboedom: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2012
Very serious matter, There is no way that God or the Bible will tell you to sit put and be abused to the point of death. How about using your God-given sense. Where is our common sense. It is very pathetic in this our country where the weak ones are not given any kind of protection, so sad. Women please be wise as the Bible clearly tells us.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by iykay4455(m): 4:59pm On Mar 02, 2012
It is unfortunate that some ladies here are taking this as a joke.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by iykay4455(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2012
Only animals beat their wives.This is why divorce should always be an option in any marriage.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Sugardiva(f): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2012
Sad story. Even if this is fiction i bliv stuff like this happens. That is why as women we need to be EXTREMELY careful when choosing a man to marry. Usually wife beaters leave tell tale signs that if we are sensible and prayerful we can pick up before the marriage. A man that breaks things when angry will one day break ur neck. We ladies we just hv to be very careful and prayerful not to even marry these kinds of men so we dont get to the point of having to divorce them. [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by baggio1085: 5:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
why this happens?
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by logica(m): 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2012
What did she do to the man? She must have done something to him.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by dasparrow: 10:07pm On Mar 02, 2012
logica:

What did she do to the man? She must have done something to him.

Do you live with them to know this? Irrespective of what she may or may not have done, does that warrant him killing her? No human being has the right to take the life of another. If that were your mother or sister that got killed by a man that is supposed to love her, will you ask this kind of question? Nigerians really scare me with their devlish mindsets. When the man (murderer) faces God on judgement day, he will have alot to answer for. Her blood is on his hands and he will never know peace. Hope she hunts him till he joins her.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by logica(m): 10:19pm On Mar 02, 2012
LOL. I just decided to answer in the manner of the usual psycho b!tch.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Tropilo(m): 12:36am On Mar 03, 2012
All d long tory for this post na fiction. All na to create awareness, sha! But, Stella Damascus abi Dinoseur, if u want open NGO to make pay nobody stop u o! But no de forge tory, abeg.
Domestic violence happens everywhere. Not only in Nigeria or Africa and certainly not only on women. Some women straight out kill der hubs, as dm no fit beat dm.
Police attitude towards domestic violence is d same everywhere too though Naija own bad well well.
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE. D issue is really getting bad o! Hv read a lot (SUN NEWSPAPER, PUNCH etc) on d net recently. Pls guys, love ur wives. If she start her wahala, just leave house temporarily for am. Nothing spoil!
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 03, 2012
Story! Story!
STORY!!
Once upon a time?
Time! Time!

Man beat him wife?
She no wake up again!

If na true?
Why she no leave the marriage since?

If no be true nko?
The poster, the domestic kiniko kiniko people na WAYO O!

Shine your eyes!
All they want to make is FAME!

So we go say na them form DOMESTIC VIOLENCE KINIKO KINIKO FOR NAIJA!

IF YOU WAN DO WETIN PEOPLE GO TAKE REMEMBER YOU
MY PEOPLE NA WETIN SHE (STELLA DAMASCUS) GO DO?

I WAN HEAR UNA TALK AM OOO?

END OF STORY!!
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Exponental(m): 8:49am On Mar 03, 2012
The church cannot n will not advice a woman 2 leave her husbands house cos its nt biblical.
She should have reported herself 2 d ministry of women affairs if she felt insecured.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 03, 2012
Exponental:

The church cannot n will not advice a woman 2 leave her husbands house cos its nt biblical.
She should have reported herself 2 d ministry of women affairs if she felt insecured.

You keep saying things you do not understand. Show me one scripture in the Bible that says a woman cannot divorce her husband and I will show you three that clearly says you can divorce your spouse as long as you do not plan to re-marry. You commit adultery only when you re-marry!
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by 1000samu(m): 11:57am On Mar 03, 2012
Nashville:

You keep saying things you do not understand. Show me one scripture in the Bible that says a woman cannot divorce her husband and I will show you three that clearly says you can divorce your spouse as long as you do not plan to re-marry. You commit adultery only when you re-marry!

You have said it all
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by Tosinville(m): 12:08pm On Mar 03, 2012
EvE - Love is Blind

True story about Andrea so things like this happens.
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by 4teelaw(f): 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
Women, it is time to shine your eyes, if you are unfortunate enuf to marry a man that beats you, turn the tables around. Here are some options:
Tie him to the bed and flog the living daylight out of him, or use razor blade to design his body
If police refuse to help agbero will help, organize boys to deal with him

Wife beaters are cowards, and they only get power when you fear them. If you have to fight him, fight him and give him black eye too.

If you decide to leave him, that is the best option but not without public humiliation. Go to his office or church and give him the embarassment of his life, also slam him with a lawsuit and make sure he suffers for every pain he put you through! Enough is enough! Haba!
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by 1000samu(m): 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
I was discussing with someone today and he said and I quote,

"beating is the only language some women understands, they can bring out the beast out of the most gentle and most cool-headed men. Sometimes even as much as possible, some men try to avoid confronting their wives to avoid conflicts, they tend to take them for granted and they constantly destroy their ego, disrespect them in from of third parties and make the home a no go area for them. He said he has seen cases where a wife who is beaten once by his husband after taking all the insults and is at the break point tend to start recognising and respecting the authority of the man in the house".

So, what do you people say to this, I know it is not right for a man to beat his wife but what if that is the only language the wife understands to restore peace in the home. The floor is open for discussion,
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by MrsChima1(f): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
Tosin boo boo always wanted to spank me. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by smalmata(m): 9:56am On Mar 04, 2012
Ladies! Ladies!! If ur guy starts 4rm verbal abuse,mehn dts a signal o,cos it wnt tk lng b4 it goes physical and 'snap' it goes on and on. I dnt suport women 'single or married' 2 accomodat abusive rltnshp o, 4gt Love abeg,just 'zoooom' pas zoom mobile and etisalat's easy blaze leav am. 4 d married ones,who's gona cre 4ur kids wen u ar gone,ehn.so i implore al sista's u bera b Wise wt him;bt una sef kontrol una mouth,nt wen a man says A,u wl av gotn 2 P.and rid ur Bible or Quran,dnt alow Pastor or Iman,tel u wat God has alrdy said.READ URSELF.
Now d solution goes thus;lts pray 4 a gud husband,wife,boyfrnd and girlfrnd(no b only married pple dey rciv battering o,if u c sm gf's ehn) and use our head to tink 80%,heart 20%. Al sista's in abusiv rltnshp shld speak out,cry 4 help ooo! Or u Die,yes u gona die if u hld on.b4 u met him u had dreams,dnt lt him crash dt 6ft undr,because of 'i love u' abegi. I'v got mre 2 say o bt i hpe wat i'v said ere wl b 'A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE' only d wise o. Ciao!!
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by sholyins: 11:11am On Mar 04, 2012
1000samu:

"beating is the only language some women understands, they can bring out the beast out of the most gentle and most cool-headed men. Sometimes even as much as possible, some men try to avoid confronting their wives to avoid conflicts, they tend to take them for granted and they constantly destroy their ego, disrespect them in from of third parties and make the home a no go area for them. He said he has seen cases where a wife who is beaten once by his husband after taking all the insults and is at the break point tend to start recognising and respecting the authority of the man in the house".

So, what do you people say to this, I know it is not right for a man to beat his wife but what if that is the only language the wife understands to restore peace in the home. The floor is open for discussion,

Every man has a the highest limit of endurance of insult and can snap at this point. my honest advice is that the man should just .walk away and leave the place till he is able to cool down. Beating the wife at a snap point can sometimes be fatal as the man is in a state of "temporary insanity" so to say. This is my little contribution
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by 1000samu(m): 11:14am On Mar 04, 2012
sholyins:

Every man has a the highest limit of endurance of insult and can snap at this point. my honest advice is that the man should just .walk away and leave the place till he is able to cool down. Beating the wife at a snap point can sometimes be fatal as the man is in a state of "temporary insanity" so to say. This is my little contribution
Sometimes walking away can add more salt to injury as she will feel more insulted that she is being ignored
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by InkedNerd(f): 11:27am On Mar 04, 2012
1000samu:

I'd say that that someone needs to go get their brain checked because no amount of insult should EVER result in a spouse or partner putting their hands on or harming their significant other in any way, shape, or form. Yes, people do reach their breaking point but that is no reason to cause harm to someone. I have had my fair share of quarrels with people but that doesn't mean that I should kill them or cause harm to them. Abuse sympathizers such as that someone you mentioned are one of the reasons why people don't always take abuse seriously. Regardless of the sex who is causing the harm, wrong is wrong!!! Us women are not cattle. To say that beating is the only language some women understand only goes to show the mentality that some people posses and further entrenches our society in a perpetuating cycle of domestic violence. Speaking of women in such a manner also shows the nature in which women are regarded. Respecting the authority of the man in the house my foot!!! Marriage/relationships are a partnership not a dictatorship--no one sex should be ordering, controlling, or dictating the environment which both individuals inhabit!!
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by werepeLeri: 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by werepeLeri: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by 1000samu(m): 8:02am On Mar 05, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

I'd say that that someone needs to go get their brain checked because no amount of insult should EVER result in a spouse or partner putting their hands on or harming their significant other in any way, shape, or form. Yes, people do reach their breaking point but that is no reason to cause harm to someone. I have had my fair share of quarrels with people but that doesn't mean that I should kill them or cause harm to them. Abuse sympathizers such as that someone you mentioned are one of the reasons why people don't always take abuse seriously. Regardless of the sex who is causing the harm, wrong is wrong!!! Us women are not cattle. To say that beating is the only language some women understand only goes to show the mentality that some people posses and further entrenches our society in a perpetuating cycle of domestic violence. Speaking of women in such a manner also shows the nature in which women are regarded. Respecting the authority of the man in the house my foot!!! Marriage/relationships are a partnership not a dictatorship--no one sex should be ordering, controlling, or dictating the environment which both individuals inhabit!!

You do have a point
Re: Stella Damasus: Domestic Violence, When Is It Enough? by bekay911(f): 9:50am On Mar 05, 2012
Sorry for love

(1) (2) (Reply)

‘my T0t0 Will Not Rest Until I Buy Iphone 11’ – Slay Queen Swears / Can You Take A Role Of A Gay/lesbian With A Real Gay/lez In A Movie For N15m / What Is Your Favourate City In The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.