Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? (132060 Views)

Walden University Is On My Neck. / Which Nigerian University Has The Cheapest Fees? / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by greenmouse(m): 8:22am On Mar 04, 2012
FUTO is the best option, quality all the way,
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Talkwisdom(m): 8:39am On Mar 04, 2012
shafanik:

In the first place, you didn't state the exact engineering course you want to study. Engineering has a lot of departments. Despite the fact that each of these departments. Fall under the same faculty, the performance of each department remains independent from others. You've therefore asked an ambiguous question. Take for instance, Lautech might have the best Computer Engineering department in Nigeria, but not in some other Engineering dept.
I will therefore advice you to take your time to ask, preferably, final year students of the exact Engineering course you want to study. Ask them so you won't be misled. Thanks bro,actually,i want to study Electrical/Electronics
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by lastborn9(m): 8:41am On Mar 04, 2012
ladoke akintola university of technology, ogbomoso, oyo state, nigeria.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by streetsoldier1(m): 9:11am On Mar 04, 2012
Let the op try madonna uni, okija, I heard tje school is good too
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Zil1(m): 9:27am On Mar 04, 2012
none!!!!
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by ElGabi(m): 10:42am On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Talkwisdom(m): 10:45am On Mar 04, 2012
-Zil-:

none!!!!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Talkwisdom(m): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2012
El Gabi:

www.uniben.edu.ng/news/three-engineering-programmes-receive-coren-accreditation
thanks for the information but the accreditation was noted to be valid for a period of five years, who knows what might happen after that five years
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by emiye(m): 11:49am On Mar 04, 2012
UNILAG- all the way.

BUT, ensure you have at least a credit pass in FURTHER MATHEMATHICS in your wassce, if not nine distinctions in your wassce will not get you into the faculty of engineering. You will compete with the best of the best-believe me on this.

In your year one, you will not be taking ordinary mathematics with other science courses, but Engineering Pure mathematics and Engineering Applied Mathematics.

There are 9 departments in the faculty of engineering, and each can boast of at least 4 professors trained in and out of the country
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:45pm On Mar 04, 2012
Talkwisdom:

hw good is FUTO in their Electrical/Electronics dept and their flaws if any?
I have met quite a handful and they were not bad at all. They also have a very good mechanical and petroleum engineering department, a colleague at work studied mechanical at futo and he pulls his own weight.
At the end of the day education in naija is boils down to how hard you want to work to improve yourself but all factors should be considered in choosing a school. Something is def wrong in unilag if they churn out first class the way they do every year.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2012
emiye:

UNILAG- all the way.

BUT, ensure you have at least a credit pass in FURTHER MATHEMATHICS in your wassce, if not nine distinctions in your wassce will not get you into the faculty of engineering. You will compete with the best of the best-believe me on this.

In your year one, you will not be taking ordinary mathematics with other science courses, but Engineering Pure mathematics and Engineering Applied Mathematics.

There are 9 departments in the faculty of engineering, and each can boast of at least 4 professors trained in and out of the country
Getting into western schools if you are not from the west is not easy at all, when you say best of the best I dont think that is right. True Unilag might have some very vintage departments but in my short journey of the real engineering world I barely see these engineering students. Where are they at?
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by gokuu(m): 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

Getting into western schools if you are not from the west is not easy at all, when you say best of the best I dont think that is right. True Unilag might have some very vintage departments but in my short journey of the real engineering world I barely see these engineering students. Where are they at?
Arrant nonsense. Once you perform VERY well, you'll be admitted into UNILAG. Its when people fail that they begin to give unnecessary excuses. UNILAG attracts the best set of students from the best secondary schools in Nigeria and its faculty of engineering is the STRONGEST in Nigeria. So stop all this your eastern/futo hullabaloo.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by gokuu(m): 3:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

I have met quite a handful and they were not bad at all. They also have a very good mechanical and petroleum engineering department, a colleague at work studied mechanical at futo and he pulls his own weight.
At the end of the day education in naija is boils down to how hard you want to work to improve yourself but all factors should be considered in choosing a school. Something is def wrong in unilag if they churn out first class the way they do every year.
something is definitely wrong with your brain(if you have one).
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by opeyemi50505050: 7:06pm On Mar 04, 2012
Oba Awon University (OAU).

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by zikaengee(f): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2012
@talkwisdom, what do u mean that no school teaches circuit design? I finished from FUTO and I read Agric.Engineering and we did circuit design in my third year when we are doing farm electrification.FUTO is a good place to do Elect/Elect or call it EE cos u have to still show anther option of EE to specilized on during ur 3rd year like if is information technology or computer and electronics. They have many options in EE,u jst have to check to knw what's up. I wish u luck
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by Talkwisdom(m): 10:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
zikaengee:

@talkwisdom, what do u mean that no school teaches circuit design? I finished from FUTO and I read Agric.Engineering and we did circuit design in my third year when we are doing farm electrification.FUTO is a good place to do Elect/Elect or call it EE cos u have to still show anther option of EE to specilized on during ur 3rd year like if is information technology or computer and electronics. They have many options in EE,u jst have to check to knw what's up. I wish u luck
thanks abunch sister,i am an electronic enthusiasti and whenever i sleep,i think electronics but i think this dream cannot be harnessed to its maximum without the help of a good university,with my primary knowledge in electronics,i can read circuits and get it working perfectly
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by babanne(m): 9:27am On Mar 05, 2012
@talkwisdom, if you are an electronics enthusiast then your best option is OAU.their elect/elect is actually Electronic and Electrical Engineering.That is, they major in electronics whereas other institutions offer electrical/electronics engineering.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by babanne(m): 9:39am On Mar 05, 2012
May i add that its OAU elect/elect and computer engineering grads that dominate Nigerian ICT industry. find out yourself.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by emiye(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

Hey, i am talking of a federal university here, UNILAG will not discrimate !, Till tomorrow, UNILAG still has the highest number of applicants for admission in any university in Nigeria, so it strictly competitive. Check out most people who have bad things to say about UNILAG, they or their relations have been declined admission at one point in time.

You said you have not seen the engineering students, Where have you been checking? be sincere with yourself and answer the question.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by emiye(m): 11:13am On Mar 05, 2012
Chrisbenogor:

Two major thing determine output, your input and process.

The quality of intakes determine will definitely affect the output, i remember the chemical engr set in 2001, where 13 of them scored over 300/400 in Jamb, very brilliant boys /girls, of course, there will be a progression as much as 7 of the 13 came out with a first class.

By the way, how many engineering schools in Nigeria has up to 9 departments? that should give a rough reason, why you see more first class graduates
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by gokuu(m): 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
babanne:

May i add that its OAU UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS elect/elect and computer engineering grads that dominate Nigerian ICT industry. find out yourself.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by tpia5: 2:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
Check out most people who have bad things to say about UNILAG, they or their relations have been declined admission at one point in time.

i doubt it.

unilag has pretty much an open door policy in admissions.

I've seriously never met anyone who said they were denied admission to unilag.

why some of you are getting sensitive about this matter is beyond me- might be due to some issues i suppose.

unilag is in lagos- duh.

i actually didnt choose unilag at all when i wrote jamb. My choices were oau, UI and UNN i think. UNN because they had so many courses, including archaeology which i was interested in at the time. Of course my chances of actually being allowed to go to UNN even if I'd been admitted, would have been pretty slim. My dad would never have agreed- too far.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by gokuu(m): 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^^Blah! Blah! Blah! Who asked for your autobiography?
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by emiye(m): 5:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
tpia@:

i doubt it.

unilag has pretty much an open door policy in admissions.
You are re-emphasising my point

I've seriously never met anyone who said they were denied admission to unilag.
Unfortunately, Unilag has the highest rejection rate, since it has the highest number of applicants(University of first choice)

why some of you are getting sensitive about this matter is beyond me- might be due to some issues i suppose.

unilag is in lagos- duh.
its been in central lagos also attracts some part time lecturers who are practically oriented and practicing in industries, large firms also easily collaborate with the school in form of grants, training - duh lol

i actually didnt choose unilag at all when i wrote jamb. My choices were oau, UI and UNN i think. UNN because they had so many courses, including archaeology which i was interested in at the time. Of course my chances of actually being allowed to go to UNN even if I'd been admitted, would have been pretty slim. My dad would never have agreed- too far.
Unilag is the most balanced institution of all you've listed.

@OP, a word is enough for the wise. Some of the engineering students were drafted in setting up the first university radio station in nigeria in 2002. Moves are in top gear in setting up the first university TV station in nigeria, you might get exposure through stuffs like this. Siemens is also in strong partnership with the institution.

Make sure you are sound oh, the fear of Prof Mowete is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by tpia5: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2012
^I'm starting to doubt the gokuu fellow is indeed from unilag or if he's in lagos at all.

He sounds quite bush, local and unlike anyone who ever passed though a secondary school let alone university.

There's also a huge difference between the way he posts and other unilag students/alumni.

I guess the op should find out which school he attends (in his village) and join him there.

I do hope unilag doesnt produce illiterates like gokuu.

Would be very unfortunate.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by ojogbontomoye: 6:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^

How did you do in JAMB and which university did you eventually attend?
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by gokuu(m): 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
tpia@:

^I'm starting to doubt the gokuu fellow is indeed from unilag or if he's in lagos at all.

He sounds quite bush, local and unlike anyone who ever passed though a secondary school let alone university.

There's also a huge difference between the way he posts and other unilag students/alumni.

I guess the op should find out which school he attends (in his village) and join him there.

I do hope unilag doesnt produce illiterates like gokuu.

Would be very unfortunate.

Na wa o, you were the one telling us your life history on nairaland, and i wanted to know how that correlated with the thread. is there any crime in that?
honestly, you sound like a vulgar old wizard. *nothing personal*
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by tpia5: 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^no biggie.

at least i dont sound uncivilized like you.

no, i didnt choose unilag at all during jamb.

if that annoys you, suck a sour lemon.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by tpia5: 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
ojogbontomoye:

^^^

How did you do in JAMB and which university did you eventually attend?

cant remember my score, think it was about average [ nothing spectacular], and i was admitted at oau.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by ojogbontomoye: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
tpia@:

cant remember my score, think it was about average [ nothing spectacular], and i was admitted at oau.

Thats impressive Tpia. Give yourself some break. there are no average scores my dear. The most important thing is you got to study at the prestigious Oba Awon University. BTW, did you ever see Dayokanu on campus? How was he? And what did you study BTW? Engineering?
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by ojogbontomoye: 7:46pm On Mar 05, 2012
Thats impressive Tpia. Give yourself some break, there are no average scores my dear. The most important thing is you got to study at the prestigious Oba Awon University. BTW, did you ever see Dayokanu on campus? How was he? And what did you study? Engineering
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? by tpia5: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
^you too dey ask question, lol.

sounds like multiple monikers imo. Jekyll and Hyde stuff.

no, i didnt know dayokanu on campus. He has mouth but that doesnt mean his face replaced the one on the main gate, for everybody to know him.

anyway, o [he] kere si mi.

yes, i studied enginnering, i wish.

someone will fill you in, i'm sure.

no need me broadcasting what's already public knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. / Osun State University (UNIOSUN ) 2017/2018 Post UTME /admission Thread / The Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA) 2016/2017 Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.