Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? (24272 Views)

Imoke Wins Best Governor Award / Fashola, Mimiko, Oshiomole Or Okorocha: Who Is The Best Governor? / Perez: Rochas Okorocha Ranks Best Governor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by FXKing2012(m): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2012
It’s the hand of God in Imo –Okorocha
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State speaks on his strides in government, his policies and his vision for the state.

Our projects
We have even dabbled into Federal Government projects. This is why we are being slowed down to get our profile. We are dualising the Airport Road, Okigwe Road, Orlu Road and Mbaise Road to make the whole state a one-city state.

For us, competition is already planned. We have a chart we are following and we have tarred most of the roads. If you go to Ikenegbu Road, you will see it but we intend to have all the roads tarred before the end of September. If you go to Oguta, what they used to call water-lake, you will see that we are turning it into a Bar Beach now and we are turning it around, even the hotel has been completely renovated.

It is not something I think I can take credit for, I think there is hand of God in it. I think angels are beginning to award contracts themselves but there is the monumental project, which you are not seeing yet. In the last two weeks, we awarded a contract of about N31 billion naira for the ‘Hand of God’. The ‘Hand of God’ is going to be the tallest tower in Africa, if not in Africa and Europe.

We want to attract the world to Imo State and its monuments. Like we have the Ivory tower in Paris, and the Washington Monument. We also have a new city we are building, that is near the Concord Hotel.
It is an issue of vision and sacrifice and prudent utilisation of resources. In the time past, the last administration had about N280 billion that came into the state. And 95 per cent or 90 per cent of that money went on recurrent. But we have reversed that; that is the secret. Now we have 27 per cent recurrent and 73 per cent capital.

Pls read more here to see his achievements: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2012/mar/01/politics-03-01-2012-001.html
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by FXKing2012(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
Rochas Okorocha of Imo State is by far the best governor in Nigeria. He drastically cut his security vote in order to use the money for projects that will impact positively on the people, he is the first and only governor to pay primary and secondary students salaries, he pays university students 100,000 naira yearly, he has tarred almost all the roads, he has recovered billion of naira from corrupt contractors, etc etc.

Pls read this to see his astronomical achievements in less than a year he's been in office: http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/politics/2012/mar/01/politics-03-01-2012-001.html
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by okosodo: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole . No rival in road construction, over 500+ roads constructed and still counting. Schools rehabilitated to the standards of those in Canada. Central hospital like the one in Georgia USA. 400 INTRA CITY buses. 10,500 direct labour jobs even though dominated by his village people. Note that these things i have listed is not up to 40% of what he has done in just 3 years.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by bashydemy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2012
Where do you guys put Fashola
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by FXKing2012(m): 9:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
bashy_demy:

Where do you guys put Fashola

Pls dont even mention that Tinubu boy, do u know how much Lagos makes in a month?

okosodo:

Comrade Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole . No rival in road construction, over 500+ roads constructed and still counting. Schools rehabilitated to the standards of those in Canada. Central hospital like the one in Georgia USA. 400 INTRA CITY buses. 10,500 direct labour jobs even though dominated by his village people. Note that these things i have listed is not up to 40% of what he has done in just 3 years.

Oshiomhole has been there for 3yrs but Rochas has only been there for less than 1yr and see all he has achieved. Pls go to the link to see his achievements.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by GAR3TH(m): 9:50pm On Mar 02, 2012
GAR3TH:

Thats because we live in Nigeria were our average politicians are corrupt and draft. When someone who is slightly better comes along we all hail them as if they were gods. Thats because nigeria is just like a special ed. school, every student in the class is R.etarded and receives Failing grades. so when one student get a D+ everyone in the class thinks that student is intelligent but is that really the case. D+ in special ed. is not the same as an A+ in a normal school. If i was to grade governance performance I will give fashola a B-, Duke a C+, Akpabio a C+, Amaechi a C, Oshomole a C-, Chimes a C-, Obi a D+, Fayemi a D+, Okorocha D- and every other person an F. Compared to other Nigerian and african leaders you will say they are doing well but compare them to the rest of the world and you'll find most are in the special ed category.

in addition, Governors and states are not the only branch in nigeria, how come we never talk or task our LGA chairmen?
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pls dont even mention that Tinubu boy, do u know how much Lagos makes in a month?

Do you know how many people Fashola has to cater for?

best Governor. Sanusi lamido
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by bashydemy(m): 11:49pm On Mar 02, 2012
^^^ Dont mind the idiot jare
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by mensdept: 5:08am On Mar 03, 2012
There is no "Best Governor" in Nigeria as we speak. We have some governors who are making impacts here and there, but all these praise singing before the band has started to play is one of the reasons our leaders have been reckless without check for years.

Shouldnt there be calls and actions to jail some of the thieves like Ibori, Daniel, and Orji Kalu?
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by emmke(m): 12:10pm On Mar 03, 2012
best in nigeria, not southern nigeria, y'all.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by scriptwizz: 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Do you know how many people Fashola has to cater for?

best Governor. Sanusi lamido

I LAFF DIE.
Re: Who Is The Best Governor In Nigeria And Why? by FXKing2012(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
Rochas remains the best and the worst is. . .!

(1) (Reply)

Shehu of Borno Escapes Bomb Attack / Bola Tinubu Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today / Wole Oluyede: I Regret Joining Politics, Won’t Contest Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.