Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,210 members, 7,780,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:19 PM

Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) (3206 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by immigrationguy: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
Hello Nairalanders,

I seek your advise on my situation i traveled to the UK on the 4th of February 2012 but on getting to the point of entry in heathrow i was asked few question relating to my trip. I was asked who i will be staying with which i told the ECO that i will be staying with my sister and the ECO asked if i had other family members in the UK which i said yes and i mention there names and he told me why i didn't mention there name in my application. As such i was informed that my visa will be cancelled becos i didnt state my other family members.

I was issued a NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF LEAVE TO ENTER, it read thus

you were given notice of leave to enter the UK as visitor on 25/5/2011 but i am satisfied that false representation were employed or material facts were not disclosed for purpose of obtaining the leave,or there has been such a change of circumstances in your case since the leave was granted that it should be cancelled. This is because you stated your visa application that you wished to come to the UK to visit your sister and that other than you sister you had no other family in the UK. However it has come to light that you infact have a brother and sister who have resided in the UK for approximately 10years. you have subsequently stated that you were aware at the time of your visa application that your siblings were in UK and indeed that you saw then when you visited the UK 2008

you have not sought entry under any other provision of the immigration rules

I therefore refuse you leave to enter the UK.If you leave was conferred by an entry clearance, this will also have the effect of cancelling your entry clearance. The cancellation of your leave will be treated for the purpose of the immigration Act 1971 and the nationality,immigration and asylum act 2002 as refusal of leave to enter at a time when you were in possession of a current entry clearance.

I boarded the next available flight to Nigeria.

All your advise are welcome

Many Thanks
Immigrationguy
Re: Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by Vicjustice: 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
immigrationguy:

Hello Nairalanders,

I seek your advise on my situation i traveled to the UK on the 4th of February 2012 but on getting to the point of entry in heathrow i was asked few question relating to my trip. I was asked who i will be staying with which i told the ECO that i will be staying with my sister and the ECO asked if i had other family members in the UK which i said yes and i mention there names and he told me why i didn't mention there name in my application. As such i was informed that my visa will be cancelled becos i didnt state my other family members.

I was issued a NOTICE OF REFUSAL OF LEAVE TO ENTER, it read thus

you were given notice of leave to enter the UK as visitor on 25/5/2011 but i am satisfied that false representation were employed or material facts were not disclosed for purpose of obtaining the leave,or there has been such a change of circumstances in your case since the leave was granted that it should be cancelled. This is because you stated your visa application that you wished to come to the UK to visit your sister and that other than you sister you had no other family in the UK. However it has come to light that you infact have a brother and sister who have resided in the UK for approximately 10years. you have subsequently stated that you were aware at the time of your visa application that your siblings were in UK and indeed that you saw then when you visited the UK 2008

you have not sought entry under any other provision of the immigration rules

I therefore refuse you leave to enter the UK.If you leave was conferred by an entry clearance, this will also have the effect of cancelling your entry clearance. The cancellation of your leave will be treated for the purpose of the immigration Act 1971 and the nationality,immigration and asylum act 2002 as refusal of leave to enter at a time when you were in possession of a current entry clearance.

I boarded the next available flight to Nigeria.

All your advise are welcome

Many Thanks
Immigrationguy
You made a big mistake, you shouldn't have said anything contrary to what you declared during your application.
You didn't state the regard in which you need "advice".
Re: Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by immigrationguy: 6:45am On Mar 03, 2012
@vicjustice thank you for the reply, what i need advise in regards is it ok to reapply and put my other family members name in my new application
Re: Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by Vicjustice: 10:52am On Mar 03, 2012
immigrationguy:

@vicjustice thank you for the reply, what i need advise in regards is it ok to reapply and put my other family members name in my new application
That would be OK, but first, you need to know if there is any concequency imposed against you as a result of the "false representation (that you) employed or (the) material facts (that) were not disclosed for (the) purpose of obtaining the leave (visa)". It is very important to know this and be aware of your status with the UK Immigration because, you may have been placed under the 10 years ban without knowing it.

Read more from the thread in this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-401198.0.html
Re: Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by immigrationguy: 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2012
@vicjustice
Thank you for your advise i read the tread you refered me too i think what i will do is just to inform them of what happen and maybe they might advise me if i am have been banned or what do you think
Re: Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by Vicjustice: 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2012
immigrationguy:

@vicjustice
Thank you for your advise i read the tread you refered me too i think what i will do is just to  inform them of what happen and maybe they might advise me if i am have been banned or what do you think
   They would only shrug their shoulders as a gesture of saying, "that's all your fault", don't expect any mercy because, they are not the kind to show sympathy. I don't think there is any need to narrate your story to them because, they already have their own version of the incident recorded in their system, so, your explanation (that's if they are willing to listen to your own version) would fall on deaf ears: All you need to do is to request to know your status: if i were you, i'd only ask them to verify that i am eligible to apply for the visa
Re: Denied Entry Into The Uk (issue A Notice Of Refusal Of Leave To Enter) by immigrationguy: 9:56pm On Mar 03, 2012
@vicjustice
Thank you so much for the advise i will send an email and asked them as you have advised.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Countries Nigerians Can Travel To Without Visa: (DETAILS) / Japa - Western Countries Scamming Nigerians? / 7 Things You Need To Know About Upper Iweka As A Traveler.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.