Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Is Epilepsy Spiritual? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Epilepsy Spiritual? (5898 Views)

6 Things That Choke/kill Ones Spiritual Life / 5 Myths About Spiritual Spouse / Religion Finally Explained: A Link Btw Religion And Epilepsy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by bingbagbo(m): 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
Can it be cured through fasting and prayers?
have witnessed one before?
help quick quick!!
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by dekung(m): 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2012
Take the patient to a hospital and let them conduct proper medical check. There is nothing spiritual about epilepsy it is just a malfunctioning of some certain brain cells. Fasting and praying will not solve the problem ooo.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by bingbagbo(m): 6:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
^^

AND can it be cured embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by buzugee(m): 6:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
psalms 103 vs 2-3
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
  and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
  and heals all your diseases,

ecclesisticus 38 vs 1-4
1: Honor the physician with the honor due him,
according to your need of him,
for the Lord created him;
2: for healing comes from the Most High,
and he will receive a gift from the king.
3: The skill of the physician lifts up his head,
and in the presence of great men he is admired.
4: The Lord created medicines from the earth,
and a sensible man will not despise them.

so pray for forgiveness of your sin and then go see a doctor
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by crossman9(m): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
it is both spiritaul and the earthly
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by buzugee(m): 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2012
crossman9:

it is both spiritaul and the earthly
ello matey angry
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by crossman9(m): 7:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
how are you i am going put my testimony on the pages here but leave out my name and where it happend
so did you sort your skype out
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
dekung:

Take the patient to a hospital and let them conduct proper medical check. There is nothing spiritual about epilepsy it is just a malfunctioning of some certain brain cells. Fasting and praying will not solve the problem ooo.
Absolutely.
I totally agree.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by mazaje(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2012
No its not spiritual its MUTUAL. . . .
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by gaddafe(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
This is why sometimes i get tired of some christians. What has epilepsy got to do with fasting and spirituality?

Go to the medical section and post this to see what doctors in the house will tell you.

Epilepsy is just a problem from the brain. Unfortunately it has no cure but frequent use of the drugs issued by the doctors will gradually reduce the intervals of the seizure. At a point the patient might need to leave the drug for some years and still not have any seizure. The patient will need frequent medical check up at the initial stage. And to crown it all, there are many brain problems that have similar syptoms to epilepsy.

Pls op i beg u in the name of whatever God u serve take that patient to a hospital. Fasting and prayer will not solve anything.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by buzugee(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2012
crossman9:

how are you i am going put my testimony on the pages here but leave out my name and where it happend
am aiit. doing the best i can in hell grin . not too sure about the skype thing chief. this is my work computer as well. cant have it bugged down with extra terrestrial software. like i said previously my computer before this, i put skype on it. it went from booting up in seconds to booting up in a minute. maybe it was the skype maybe it wasnt but yeah i aint feeling putting the software on this comp. i do have it on the missus computer though but she on it all the time. you know i opened up a page for us right ?
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by crossman9(m): 2:12am On Mar 03, 2012
Posted by: buzugee
Insert Quote
Quote from: crossman9 on Yesterday at 07:26:07 PM

am aiit. doing the best i can in hell . not too sure about the skype thing chief. this is my work computer as well. cant have it bugged down with extra terrestrial software. like i said previously my computer before this, i put skype on it. it went from booting up in seconds to booting up in a minute. maybe it was the skype maybe it wasnt but yeah i aint feeling putting the software on this comp. i do have it on the missus computer though but she on it all the time. you know i opened up a page for us right ?

join me on face book if you have that i will talk there

Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Idango(m): 11:20am On May 08, 2012
Listen, there is no sickness that cannot be cured by prayer in the name of Jesus. Especially where there is no medical cure, thats where God comes in. If there is a cure in the hospital , then utilise it because God uses Doctors to heal. I know christians that have never taken drugs.

Before i became born again 18 years ago, i visited the hospital every month a terrible malarial, for the past 18 years it has not happened.

When i have boil in any part of my body, my brother one should of the name of jesus, the boil will disappear. What i m telling you is my personal experience.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Idango(m): 11:23am On May 08, 2012
Listen, there is no sickness that cannot be cured by prayer in the name of Jesus. Especially where there is no medical cure, thats where God comes in. If there is a cure in the hospital , then utilise it because God uses Doctors to heal. I know christians that have never taken drugs.

Before i became born again 18 years ago, i visited the hospital every month because of a terrible malaria, for the past 18 years it has not happened.

When i have boil in any part of my body, my brother one shout of the name of jesus, the boil will disappear. What i m telling you is my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by PhysicsQED(m): 12:26pm On May 08, 2012
@topic, you can't be serious.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 08, 2012
There are some things I believe are spiritual and epilepsy is NOT one of them. While I do not think there is a foolproof cure to epilepsy yet, you could (should) take the patient to see a doctor and he would prescribe drugs to control the condition and bring seizures to a minimum.

Good luck @poster.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Nobody: 12:30pm On May 08, 2012
Idango: Listen, there is no sickness that cannot be cured by prayer in the name of Jesus. Especially where there is no medical cure, thats where God comes in. If there is a cure in the hospital , then utilise it because God uses Doctors to heal. I know christians that have never taken drugs.

Before i became born again 18 years ago, i visited the hospital every month because of a terrible malaria, for the past 18 years it has not happened.

When i have boil in any part of my body, my brother one shout of the name of jesus, the boil will disappear. What i m telling you is my personal experience.

Now, I am a strong believer in our Lord Jesus, but the emboldened? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by sureboykris(m): 12:46pm On May 08, 2012
bin gbagbo: Can it be cured through fasting and prayers?
have witnessed one before?
help quick quick!!
. Please there is nothing spiritual about it. Though not out of place to pray wen ill,U̶̲̥̅̊ need to c A̶̲̥̅ doctor(medical) not quacks. There is A̶̲̥̅ lot of scientific n medical backing for d ailment. N i hope U̶̲̥̅̊ know that there is A̶̲̥̅ difference btw convulsions n "epilepsy". C A̶̲̥̅ doctor ASAP
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by akigbemaru: 12:56pm On May 08, 2012
Prayer can't help you, it's just another form of lip service. Epilepsy, it's caused by simple abnormality in brain sugar, why it can also cause by hard drugs, this is seen in People who never had no issues of seizure at young age but developed it later in life.
Fairy tale JEsus, would have been the richest in the world if he were a real person. The story about his life started as a fiction and when gullible people believed that, it was forced on the world as truth. Just like me growing up, believing life starts from Garden of Aden, even the Europeans have confIrmed that life begins in Africa.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Clemzy16(m): 1:10pm On May 08, 2012
As far as i'm concern. Epilesy is spiritual, It affects someone through a curse. I used to knw somebody dat was a victim of this disease. However, there is a cure for it, which is medical care and prayers as well. There are also some local remedies dat can reduce it lik onions and so on.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by clementcro(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2012
It could be spiritual, or natural(medical illness)...but prayer can cure it, even if it is spiritual or not..Prayer changes things..
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by alaper: 1:35pm On May 08, 2012
Quite the opposite. If you fast long enough, you risk having epileptic fits. Hypoglycaemia causes fits. cool cool That is why those who 'fast and pray' after a while start 'seeing things and hearing voices' cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by WhoIGoAsk: 2:15pm On May 08, 2012
nothing God can't do, absolutely nothing
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by hrhobi1(m): 2:19pm On May 08, 2012
IF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN ANYONE DURING AN EPILEPSY ATTACK MY BROTHER YOU WILL KNOW THAT EPILEPSY IS A DEMON THAT COMES INTO THAT PERSON FOR A WHILE, ITS SPIRITUAL AND I BELIEVE PRAYER FROM A SINCERE MAN OF GOD CAN CURE IT.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Nosyke(m): 2:52pm On May 08, 2012
Learning...........................
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by philipstanley(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2012
Weather is spiritual or not prayer can solve every problem, remember jesus is de only healer
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by idbalorg: 3:17pm On May 08, 2012
Idango: Listen, there is no sickness that cannot be cured by prayer in the name of Jesus. Especially where there is no medical cure, thats where God comes in. If there is a cure in the hospital , then utilise it because God uses Doctors to heal. I know christians that have never taken drugs.

Before i became born again 18 years ago, i visited the hospital every month a terrible malarial, for the past 18 years it has not happened.

When i have boil in any part of my body, my brother one should of the name of jesus, the boil will disappear. What i m telling you is my personal experience.
boil wil disappear or heal gradually.it happens without even using drug or prayers.y avnt we heard of a man of God wu cures hiv/aids wit prayer.dat's mst pple die lik fowl
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by Delafruita(m): 3:18pm On May 08, 2012
hrhobi1: IF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN ANYONE DURING AN EPILEPSY ATTACK MY BROTHER YOU WILL KNOW THAT EPILEPSY IS A DEMON THAT COMES INTO THAT PERSON FOR A WHILE, ITS SPIRITUAL AND I BELIEVE PRAYER FROM A SINCERE MAN OF GOD CAN CURE IT.

am sure you'd say a person shivering from cold is under demonic attack
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by zaboy: 5:08pm On May 08, 2012
oh yes, if you practice medicine in nigeria, you will see a lot of cases like this one.
A patient with type 1 diabetes will stop taking Insulin because a Pastor somewhere told them that he has prayed for them and they are cured! Funny thing is, when the symptoms re-appear, they will be running back to d Doctor...but after treatment, they will believe what another Pastor somewhere will tell them...and the circle continues.

so much for the saying: Patients are idiots
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by owendei(m): 7:31pm On May 08, 2012
zaboy: oh yes, if you practice medicine in nigeria, you will see a lot of cases like this one.
A patient with type 1 diabetes will stop taking Insulin because a Pastor somewhere told them that he has prayed for them and they are cured! Funny thing is, when the symptoms re-appear, they will be running back to d Doctor...but after treatment, they will believe what another Pastor somewhere will tell them...and the circle continues.

so much for the saying: Patients are idiots
u also an idiot unles u dnt fal sick. mind ur utterances pls.
Re: Is Epilepsy Spiritual? by BUSHMAN1: 7:45pm On May 08, 2012
no! its not. its caused by a chemical reaction in the brain, why do nigerians think every illness is evil or spiritual try going to the doctors before conclusions, if people get killed while crossing the road without looking they blame spirits, or if the driver was careless they blame spirits

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? / Did ANYONE Mentioned In The Bible Actually Ever Exist? / Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.