Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Navigational System In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Navigational System In Nigeria (8377 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 03, 2012
does navigational system work in Nigeria like in the video below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=h15LPPGUl8M
with all the add-ins and add-ons,turn by turn directions etc?

1 Like

Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by mkmyers45(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2012
Yes, it will.

Google Navigation or Sat Nav will work properly as they are properly mapped.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 03, 2012
There is an app on the iPhone called navmii. I don't know how it works but it's a bestselling car navigation tool
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by EvilBrain1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2012
If you have local maps, then they work fine.

I recommend you get one of the more recent Nokia phones. Their built-in maps app is fantastic. It covers the whole of Nigeria and has thousands of points of interest including petrol stations, hospitals, schools, restaurants and even churches/mosques. It's better than Google maps and regularly updated too.

Edit: It also has voice guided navigation.

1 Like

Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
The one in my car works fine
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by highland(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
It may not correctly work in every states in Nigeria.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by victorazy(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2012
The one in my car work very well. I installed it with just 50k and it works with GPRS.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by aieromon(m): 2:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
My Nokia Maps guides me just fine.I've also used Garmin Navigation and it worked well.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2012
Google map works perfectly on my blackberry
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by FlyboyZee: 4:25pm On Mar 03, 2012
Ovi Maps, inbuilt in Nokia Smartphones especially the E-Series I have used, starting from E71 works just fyn for me with vOice navigation and Guidance, Alternate route directions in case you missed a turn. I used it in Abuja to get to places I would have had difficulty locating without asking anybody a question. I also used it in Abakaliki, Enugu, Owerii and Port Harcourt. It was str8 to the point and very accurate. I couldn't just thank Nokia enough for the innovation.

1 Like

Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2012
But wait a minute, What does d op think nigeria looks like Bush??
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by kizito96(m): 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2012
What are we navigating, our streets have not been mapped out and programed to satelite. It will not work
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by othenok(f): 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2012
My Nokia E5 works beautifully well. I ve used it all over Lagos. I dont ask for direction any more. Am loving it.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On Mar 03, 2012
Lmao
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by texazzpete(m): 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2012
We've been using GARMIN GPS Nav units in Nigeria for years now. Most urban areas and a large swathe of rural areas are fully mapped.
Full turn by turn GPS Navigation.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by 4Runner: 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
I use Garmin and it works perfectly.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by klas(m): 12:01am On Mar 04, 2012
kizito96:

What are we navigating, our streets have not been mapped out and programed to satelite. It will not work

You are very much behind time. Nigeria has moved on and left you behind on this one.

For your info, just Nokia phone navigation gives you everything you can think of in navigating Nigeria including voice guidance and even telling you if you on service lane or main carriage way on ikorodu road. That detailed
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by jodeci(m): 1:39am On Mar 04, 2012
My galaxy S2 navigation works perfectly well in PHC.Giving me street names and direction.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by bashydemy(m): 3:44am On Mar 04, 2012
my N97 work fine in Lagos back in 2009
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by okito: 7:35am On Mar 04, 2012
I have an 07 accord with in built navigation which ofc[color=#006600][/color]ourse does nt work here in Nigaris. Any hope of getting it to work here? Pls advise.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by okito: 7:35am On Mar 04, 2012
I have an 07 accord with in built navigation which ofc[color=#006600][/color]ourse does nt work here in Nigaris. Any hope of getting it to work here? Pls advise.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by werepeLeri: 7:51am On Mar 04, 2012
OP

My company Third Dimension Technologies have mapped Nigeria, Ghana and Cameroon to street level and we provide Garmin GPS devices for those countries.

If you want to see a demo - call Yemi Alabi on 0703 694 9019 if in Abuja or call Deji Alabi on 0805 579 4269 if in Lagos. You will be surprised Nigeria is not backwards like most people think.

We receive calls up to 10 times a day from people who have seen or used our Garmin Navigation system and wants to know if we have DVD/CD for their cars - I mean cars from Europe or America that already has in built Nav Systems - even though we dont have the DVds or CDs, we still have workable solutions where the old hardware is removed and replaced with more functional devices that use SD cards rather than CDs/DVDs.

So - give a call - or for more information - see: http://www.nigeriagpsnavigator.com/

Do you have Garmin GPS devices? If you also have any PND with Windows CE or Windows Mobile OS, we can also load our maps for you.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by member479760: 10:57am On Mar 04, 2012
may the tin go work 10%.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by kayswag100(m): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2012
I think that of a very 9ce car which has been synchronised with 9ja maps should work just fyn!

While driving in lag a yr back, my nokia E72 was my best gadget. It's maps are so pin-point accurate!

The voice navigation on dat phone is also GANGSTA! It gives u ur precise location and directs u flawlessly!
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 14, 2012
Sorry for replying so late,been trying to get some things started
well,If I can get a Nigerian map.fbl i.e nigerian map which i can convert to a navigational map I can make it work very well,
and I am only talking of In dash dvd car audio systems with gps navigation installed on them.I sell those and they can be directly mailed to you upon when payment has been made.
I installed on my 04 Camry LE(does not come with indash dvd player from factory),01 dodge intrepid (does not come with indash dvd player from factory)
these dvd players/stereo/gps/tv/ipod/aux/sd card/usb card can be installed on any car as long as the car has a space for a 2-din dvd system
the maps and gps system basically work with satellite positioning so basically u do not need any subscription with anybody to make it work,only problem right now is getting a very well detailed map for Nigeria,if I can get that,then its ver possible,will include some pics and videos later on 2day after chelsea has beaten napoli 3-0(heard it here 1st)
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by phoneworks: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2012
The navi in my Nokia C7 works perfectly well and so wonderful. Nokia is too much. I moved from Ilitutu(ondo south) to Ogbagi Akoko (ondo north) without asking anybody and thats the first time.Apart from direction, it tell me the distance covered, time spent, speed at every interval, and a whole lot of others. It lets me know when I miss the track to my destination.
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by bigfat01: 4:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
Car GPS Navigator system for Nigeria

Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by MickieSmart(m): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2012
Does the samsung galaxy s3's google map application work in Nigeria? Or does nokia maps beat it when it comes to Nigeria?
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2012
victorazy: The one in my car work very well. I installed it with just 50k and it works with GPRS.

Is that a factory SatNav? Or an aftermarket unit?
Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2012
Imanuelle: But wait a minute, What does d op think nigeria looks like Bush??

His question is very valid, don't be so over sensitive, or touchy.

1 Like

Re: Navigational System In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2012
okito: I have an 07 accord with in built navigation which of course does nt work here in Nigaris. Any hope of getting it to work here? Pls advise.

I would imagin factory in-built Satnav systems may not work in Nigeria. You need CD or DVD-ROM to load up different maps. And I doubt the manufacturer's will have discs with Nigerian maps.

If it's Garmin-based, then you might get lucky.

(1) (Reply)

How To Diagnose Alternator Problems / Can You Drive In Lagos Metropolis Without Using Your Vehicle's Horn For A Month? / Vehicles From Unauthorised Dealers Won't Be Registered - Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.