Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:11 AM

After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. (4052 Views)

Deciding To Stay Or Leave Nigeria - Questions To Ask Yourself / Which Country In Europe Is Good For Huzzeling And Schoolling (2) (3) (4)

After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by jamebex(m): 7:27am On Mar 03, 2012
Gone through several  threads for international students living/studying abroad, i dont seem to find any thread directed at this topic so i decided to start one.

Most students who leave the country for foreign study go with diverse goal.
For some to get the the degree and return to the country, but most end up staying after their studies.
For others it is a route to immigrate.

Nigerian students who have studied abroad in Canada, USA, UK, did you return? Or Did you stay behind? What affected your decision to either stay or return.
How did you land your first job, what field?
how relevant was/is it to the course you studied.
What is your alma mata and how has it help you in terms of your overall personallity, Networking, jobs.

Nigerian students who are studying in CANADA, USA, UK
what course are you studying and institution?
Do you plan on returning or staying, what are your plans should you stay on concerning landing your first job.

Nigerian students planning to study in Canada, USA, UK
What are you plans, do you plan to return Or stay behind.
What course are you going for and institution.

I have used Canada, USA, & UK because that is the  major destination of most Nigerian students.
Students from othe countries can also contribute Germany, France, Australia, Sweeden Finland et al.

Lets make this thread worthwile.
Ciao!!!
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by moonraker(m): 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
well i never got the chance to study in canada US or UK but

i finished from a university in tokyo.I started my job hunting

8months before my graduation and well i got lucky and i had 5 job offers.

I really wanted to return back home but i guess i was use to my environment

and i just felt stressed re adjusting to the nigerian way of doing stuff.

Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by jamebex(m): 4:50pm On Mar 03, 2012
moonraker:

well i never got the chance to study in canada US or UK but

i finished from a university in tokyo.I started my job hunting

8months before my graduation and well i got lucky and i had 5 job offers.

I really wanted to return back home but i guess i was use to my environment

and i just felt stressed re adjusting to the nigerian way of doing stuff.
thanks for your post.

Lets make this thread worthwile.
Ciao!!!
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 07, 2012
good thread.

I studied abroad and hopefully, i will definitely come back after my studies.
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by jamebex(m): 5:58am On Mar 08, 2012
dahonestboss:

good thread.

I studied abroad and hopefully, i will definitely come back after my studies.
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by tpia5: 11:39am On Mar 08, 2012
Most of them prefer not to return because its not easy re adapting to the nigerian environment after sojourning overseas.

A few do go back for varying periods of time.
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by marcar(m): 3:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by tpia5: 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by Olalekan0(m): 1:42am On Mar 09, 2012
We must all endeavor to return,the nigerian society need us!
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by lagcity(m): 2:57am On Mar 09, 2012
I'll go back after I make some dough. Naija is not a place one can just rush back to because of idealism.

Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by luckgames(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
After school
You need Greed Card
Or Company need to apply for work permit for You-- very difficult not impossible
In Canada you need Landing paper
Five months before graduation star looking for job
If you smart work out your Green Card or Landing papers before graduation
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by omega25red(m): 2:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
i think the beyond having to re-adapt to Nigeria after studying abroad people would also consider the chances of getting a job and how much they can make.
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Mar 16, 2012
If you have something to return to in Nigeria, i would advice to go back.
Foreign education is always a big plus when you looking for something in Nigeria . .
Good Luck
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by eghost247(m): 9:23am On Mar 17, 2012
Fhemmmy: If you have something to return to in Nigeria, i would advice to go back.
Foreign education is always a big plus when you looking for something in Nigeria . .
Good Luck
well said
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by Ugosample(m): 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Olalekan0:
We must all endeavor to return,the nigerian society need us!

Will people share this ideology in 2017
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by gabbidonbah(m): 3:48pm On Sep 10, 2017
I didn't study in those countries you mentioned, I studied in Norway ,I start hustling for job few months to my graduation, I was lucky to land a job in a company there,I was working there and on my holidays back home,I was approached by a multi national through referral from a friend in one of my jobs before travelling. They offered an interesting package and that is how I ended up coming back home. Thanks for opening this thread,it was a really hard decision to make for me. In the end I am happy to be back home.
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by Lalaski001: 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2017
Nice thread
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by kaymart: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
gabbidonbah:
I didn't study in those countries you mentioned, I studied in Norway ,I start hustling for job few months to my graduation, I was lucky to land a job in a company there,I was working there and on my holidays back home,I was approached by a multi national through referral from a friend in one of my jobs before travelling. They offered an interesting package and that is how I ended up coming back home. Thanks for opening this thread,it was a really hard decision to make for me. In the end I am happy to be back home.
I stumbled upon this...
How has it been?
Would you say it was a good decision to return?
Re: After Schoolling abroad, stay or return. by Possible1805: 12:10pm On Mar 09, 2023
kaymart:

I stumbled upon this...
How has it been?
Would you say it was a good decision to return?

Nigeria problems is also an opportunity, if you know you know

How Do I Apply For International Passport? / Question On Nigerian Gun Laws / If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man