Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,790 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa (13865 Views)

Ethiopian Airlines Apologises To Nigerian Passengers / Turkish Embassy Grants Visa Concession To Nigerian Passengers / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by jidewin(m): 4:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
Pythonskin:

The Children were not on excursion but execution
grin bad boy shocked
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by jidewin(m): 4:34pm On Mar 03, 2012
Thespecialone:

probably they paid for the sins of others. If you must know, some passengers were not allowed to board last night because of this yellow card issue.
So you now agree with me the SA health dept demand was discriminatory. And a good thing if passengers were not allowed to board unless the "Valid and Authentic" yellow certi is obtained.But i do want to believe if it were to be other nationals of "developed countries",they might have simply asked them [b]nicely [/b]to pay $50 for the vaccination at their point of entry and be given a certificate.Rather than allowing them to burn their cash and fly over 6 hours,only to get to SA border and be DETAINED,subjected to humiliation in the presence of other nationals and then sent back (deported). no be their return ticket dem dey use sef?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Arosa(m): 4:36pm On Mar 03, 2012
Pythonskin:

The Children were not on excursion but execution

Who wants to execute those children? shocked shocked shocked SA are bad peeps
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Sirmuell(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
Abeg folks I'm about to travel soon so where is this Eti Osa Local Government Office or where else can I get a genuine Yellow card cuz I reside in Abuja and do I need the Yellow Card to the UK also?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by kizito96(m): 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2012
Very soon Cotonou will turn back Nigerians coming into their Country. It has started by their Country's president defeating GEJ as AU Chairman
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 03, 2012
Why is it that many things about Nigeria is fraudulent? It is time to start organizing things. Jeez!It is annoying somehow!
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by jidewin(m): 4:46pm On Mar 03, 2012
Eti osa LG dey opposite VFS office,glover rd,for ikoyi.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Sirmuell(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
Is the Eti Osa Office an Hospital or Business center? Cuz the name sounds scammish seff eti-Osa. . . .lol . . .
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by teskyg: 5:03pm On Mar 03, 2012
@ Otukx,some big south African companies depend on Nigeria.They are in Nigeria currently flocking around our banks and Telecom companies seeking for Partronage.let's pay them back immiediately to also passed a valid message to other country as well,same as the issue with British Airways was handled.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by werepeLeri: 5:30pm On Mar 03, 2012
All those saying how many South Africans come to Nigeria are just plainly ignorant.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by agboifo(f): 5:41pm On Mar 03, 2012
Truth be told - there is every likelihood most of the yellow fever cards were indeed fake. If you have ever gotten a card for a trip, you know that you don't even have to be present there. Just send your driver with two thousand naira and your passport.

Even when you go yourself, the officials ask you -with injection - or - without injection -
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by jidewin(m): 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2012
agboifo:

Truth be told - there is every likelihood most of the yellow fever cards were indeed fake.  If you have ever gotten a card for a trip, you know that you don't even have to be present there.  Just send your driver with two thousand naira and your passport. 

Even when you go yourself, the officials ask you -with injection - or - without injection -

Lawowo u for code dis line now.dem dey come here dey read us o.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by studyineu: 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2012
This SA people what are they taking us for huh? If not for bad leadership dis nonsense won't have been in de first place. An insult on my country means 3 words. I will ,
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by LEXYLOV: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
And some I.diots are calling for retardeen to be there forever, when we supposed to have all the past and present leaders in nigeria in kirikiri by now and hunting down all their looted cash and assets for rebuilding purpose, we are still thinking backward. Who is SA if nigeria was managed properly? SA don't have half of what God bless nigeria and with that the ordinary citizens of nigeria are living below poverty level as of now. Don't even talk about reciprocal SA citizens don't run out everywhere like a wiped dog as we are doing. Moreover not only SA doing this type of humiliation to us try Asia and south America countries and see it. In fact that Federal republic of Nigeria passport its like an Hiv/Aids virus in most countries border when the immigration there see it.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Finland(m): 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
They will soon say our passports are fake!
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by jidewin(m): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
studyineu:

This SA people what are they taking us for huh? If not for bad leadership dis nonsense won't have been in de first place. An insult on my country means 3 words. I will ,
Good. I was just about to ask you to modify your previous  last five words.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by ibrokay(m): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
I was refused entry into SA late last year based on the issue of yellow card. I obtained my yellow card from Ivory coast(their claim was that my vaccination card was fake) after receiving proper vaccination. Despite the fact that i have entered SA and some other African countries several times with the same yellow card, they still refused me entry into their country. I did not travel with Arik,it was South African Airlines. This in-human treatment and discrimination against Nigerians should stop.
My yello fever's card was seized, and i was delayed,several hours before being allowed to enter the transit area.
I think this is the time for our our govt to act.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by studyineu: 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
Nigeria is Fake already so why won't. Its documents be fake?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by stildude(m): 7:22pm On Mar 03, 2012
Litmus:

I'm kinda curious, all these Africans who have  graduated from African Universities thousands of league places above Nigerian universities, what stride of note have they attained in the world. Can someone please show me the bright sparks, (black male or female)  from one of these universities  currently doing something of note or innovative in the world of engineering, bio-medicine, research etc?  
Personally, i find the idea of going to South Africa repulsive---

Thanks for pointing the above out.

The world 'dagbos' everything to make SA look better than Naija. Best university yet they can't boast of any breakthrough in science or engineering or any other field for that matter, Better economy, yet their armed robbers are more than ours. Descriminating against Naija on health grounds, yet they have more HIV labels. Their agenda is to create false national superiority to Naija so that people like Oprah will make their country a definit detination point. Listen, all you black people, If you haven't come to Nigeria, You haven't come to Africa!
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by yuzedo: 7:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
NATIONALIZE MTN!!!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by jidewin(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
Yellow Fever Vaccination Requirements For South Africa

National Department of Health
Prevention of yellow fever in South Africa

Prevention of yellow fever in South Africa
Yellow fever is an infectious vector-borne disease that is caused by a virus transmitted by the bite of an infected mosquito vector such as Aëdes aegypti. South Africa has a risk of introduction of the disease as the mosquito vector exists in the country.

The South African Department of Health would like to inform you of the amendments to the yellow fever vaccination policy for travellers coming from yellow fever risk countries. Travellers from countries with low risk of yellow fever transmission still pose a risk of yellow fever importation into South Africa. Therefore South Africa has reviewed its yellow fever vaccination requirements policy, which will be effective from 1 October 2011.

As of 1 October 2011, all travellers from and to Zambia, in addition to the list of yellow fever risk countries below, will be required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination (unless in possession of a valid waiver certificate). South Africa requires a valid yellow fever certificate from all citizens and non-citizens over one year of age:

• Travelling from a yellow fever risk country (including low risk countries such as Sao Tome and Principe, Somalia, United Republic of Tanzania and Zambia); or
• Having been in transit through a yellow fever risk country. The above requirements are in line with the International Health Regulations (IHR, 2005). The IHR requires countries at risk of yellow fever introduction to employ the following measures:

1.1 To obtain vaccination certificates from individuals travelling from areas determined by the WHO to be at risk of yellow fever transmission. As a result, South Africa will exercise the following measures for all travellers from yellow fever risk countries, who are unable to produce a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate at the port of entry:

• Refuse entry; or
• Quarantine until their certificate becomes valid, for a period of not more than
six days; or
• Those with an exemption certificate due to medical reasons will be :
- allowed entry
- required to report any fever or other symptoms to the health authorities
- be placed under surveillan[b][/b]ce.

NB: Definition of a valid yellow fever vaccination certificate -vaccination should be approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO), and administered at a Yellow fever-approved vaccination
centres at least 10 days before departure to South Africa. The vaccine offers protection 10 days after administration. If vaccination is administered less than 10 days before departure, the above-mentioned measures will be applied.

1.2 Disinfection of aircraft, ships, tyre casing consignments and other modes of transportation coming from yellow fever risk countries. List of countries for which a yellow fever vaccination certificate is required forentry into South Africa.

Angola
Argentina
Benin
Bolivia
Brazil
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cameroon
Central African Republic
Chad
Colombia
Guinea-Bissau
Congo
Côte d’Ivoire
Democratic Republic
of the Congo
Ecuador
Equatorial Guinea
Ethiopia
French Guyana
Gabon
Gambia
Ghana
Guinea
Kenya
Liberia
Mali
Mauritania
Niger
Nigeria
Panama
Paraguay
Peru
Rwanda
Sao Tome and
Principe
Senegal
Sierra Leone
Somalia
Sudan
Suriname
Togo
Trinidad and Tobago
Uganda
United Republic of Tanzania
Venezuela
Zambia
Just to rest this Yellow fever case of a thing.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by sweet9ja: 8:45pm On Mar 03, 2012
stildude:

Thanks for pointing the above out.

The world 'dagbos' everything to make SA look better than Naija. Best university yet they can't boast of any breakthrough in science or engineering or any other field for that matter, Better economy, yet their armed robbers are more than ours. Descriminating against Naija on health grounds, yet they have more HIV labels. Their agenda is to create false national superiority to Naija so that people like Oprah will make their country a definit detination point. Listen, all you black people, If you haven't come to Nigeria, You haven't come to Africa!
May God bless you abondantly for your observation.
Every country has her own problems, so, naija's case is not unique. You'll find Nigerians in almost every country, just like the Chineese, Indians and even Americans.  We should be proud that our nationals are going out and making new homes away from home and in the process helping to build naija. South Africans don't come to naija, like some claimed on this forum, you don't see a lot of them in the EU, America or elswhere either. That they don't travel that much not because they are contented in their country, but I suspect because (1) many of them simply can't afford it and (2) they have no clue about what to do outside SA.
I still believe we'll overcome our problem and grow economically, then the fifth column will come calling us brothers, just as they did before.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by aglomar: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2012
I only know that very soon d greatest honour will go 2 Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by aglomar: 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2012
I only know that very soon d greatest honour will go 2 Nigerians.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2012
Have they carried out the execution yet ?
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by olajide8(m): 8:29am On Mar 04, 2012
What a shame saw some responses and felt what how stewpid can some people be, its no more ghana must go its nigeria must come!!! why should u wait to get harassed by another black man coz u want to enter his country, this was the same thing was it tanzania? or one of these south african countries did last year. Nigerian's stay in Nigeria develop Nigeria and stop looking for the easiest way out rubbish Obudu cattle ranch is their mambilla plateau is their it is south africa they now have to carry them to for excursion stewpid people Our government would harass us, we would harass each other britons would harass us, americans would harass us, common libyans will harass us and kill some of us, and south africans that we fought for during apartheid and trained, their leaders and feed them are also harassing us shame on u people that go their infact shame on you slaves outside nigeria where you are kings in Nigeria, rubbish! a country with the largest HIV aids record killing them like chickens is now barring we nigerians from entering their country coz of yellow fever certifications (well even if its necessary bcoz of useless fraudulently people they give VISA's as against genuine travellers we still deserve more respect tell them at your embassy's where you want your medical records from
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by UncleJJ(m): 10:17am On Mar 04, 2012
If you are a south-african and you are reading this. Know that

1- You are a slave, have been a slave and will continue to be a slave till the end of enternity.
2- Your countrymen - the real south africans are nobody's in ur country, all major factors of production are being controlled by the europi-ans.
3- Nigeria no send , you wether you like am or not we go enta.
4- With all your grah grah and constant electricity, stable goferment, my ugly country still ranks no 1 in Africa for the internet.
5- Like, one of my broses said, aids dey kill una. Abi no hospital for s.a
6- No matter, what you say or do - everybody kisses Nigeria's arse one way or the other - even the Amereecains
7- Nigerians are amongst the top achievers and innovator in the globe, how many south-africans have achieved any worthwhile record.

For all the mumu, wey do go S.A for work and hustle or school, you are all mumu . You no fit go america abi britico. Na cmon kuvuki land you wan go learn nonsense.

I LOVE MY DISORGANISED COUNTRY, eventhough its kinda of bleeped. tongue
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by DAY12(m): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2012
UncleJJ:

1- You are a slave, have been a slave and will continue to be a slave till the end of enternity.
2- Your countrymen - the real south africans are nobody's in ur country, all major factors of production are being controlled by the europi-ans.
4- With all your grah grah and constant electricity, stable goferment, my ugly country still ranks no 1 in Africa for the internet.
6- No matter, what you say or do - everybody kisses Nigeria's arse one way or the other - even the Amereecains
7- Nigerians are amongst the top achievers and innovator in the globe, how many south-africans have achieved any worthwhile record.

For all the mumu, wey do go S.A for work and hustle or school, you are all mumu . You no fit go america abi britico. Na cmon kuvuki land you wan go learn nonsense.

Thanks bro, now my pains is gone!
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by oladayo042: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2012
If na for MMIA, na bribe people go dey use solve am.
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by victokafor(m): 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2012
well I guess the passengers should come back and hand over a red card to our Government! our country lack so many basic amenities!
Re: Nigerian Passengers Denied Entry Into South Africa by emmke(m): 12:47am On Mar 05, 2012
UncleJJ:

you're da maaaannn

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Incident Averted In Awka As Fuel Tanker Fails Break. / Obama To ‘decide’ Fate Of Nigerian Battling Illness, Deportation / Canadian Visa Fee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.