Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,182 members, 7,780,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:24 AM

Us Bank Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Us Bank Account (3213 Views)

How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / I Need A Us Bank Account/atm Card / US Bank Account. Pay Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Bank Account by favorose(m): 2:43pm On Mar 03, 2012
Does anyone knows how to open a us bank account from Nigeria
thanks
Re: Us Bank Account by Tpc: 8:56pm On Mar 03, 2012
I cannot get US Bank Accounts; but can help you out with UK Bank Account and company registration. I have done it and can show you mine. Call me
Rume
Re: Us Bank Account by usapolo: 5:26am On Mar 10, 2012
its is not possible to open a US bank account outside of the USA.
You also need a SS# and State ID
Let me know what you are trying to do and maybe I can advise you
Re: Us Bank Account by Tpc: 6:26am On Mar 10, 2012
In the UK it is easy and they can serve the same purpose. I do Energy and Agriculture Brokerage to hire a vessel i needed the account.
Their rules stipulates that every registered entity has to be tax and monitored by customs i liased with an agent; after registration (it is more expensive than Nigeria but the process is very easy) they gave me a bank and its documents. Took me about 4 - 7 months to complete. Postage, courier and all
Re: Us Bank Account by arbitrage: 10:05pm On Mar 10, 2012
I don't think it is difficult as such except for the cost of opening the accounts and you may not need Social Security someone referred to earlier. For instance, you can open a US account with HSBC and UK with Barclays but each one I tried last needs at least 5,000 dollars or pounds opening balance. I was lucky to open my US bank account with zero balance in 2006/7 when I did and the bank even disapproved my application because of my Nigerian country of origin. After some weeks they wrote back to say they re-considered me and then my free visa card, checkbook came in the postal mails. I even requested and got my hardware token (like GTB type) and my visa card was replaced after expiration; all these services at no single cent cost to me. They always use Fedex to courier my stuff all free of charge. Sometimes they returned last year because of wrong address delivery yet, they will return at my request without charge. I got all that with zero account balance except for few months ago when I tried sending money to it to test my GTB domiciliary account transfer. I use to have money in it when I linked it to my paypal and bought things from the US. But it was on balance since around 2008 until last year without penalty. I just discovered I could even fund my US account through my UK moneybookers instantly from my GTB naira mastercard but I do not want to put my foreign currency outside for now but rather into my GTB dom, or Zenith dom or better still Union dom which is better.

I have other US bank accounts that are basically linked to my US-issued cards. It has banking details and internet banking access. I mean physical cards with bank accounts linked and not just virtual. I think it's easier with UK anyway as they will not ordinarily ask you for Social security that US will ask.
Re: Us Bank Account by Lucy001(f): 10:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^^^
Actually u could open a US bank account while you are in Nigeria, its called a US bank account for non resident, I will check If I hv the form, I could send you for free, but you have to fill the form, send utility bill like PHCN, water, and even data page of your international passport down, and even with a deposit of like $1000 not dat sure, will check for the actual fee.

1 Like

Re: Us Bank Account by Netmanual(m): 7:31am On Mar 16, 2012
How do i reach you lucy. What your email or phone line.
Re: Us Bank Account by Lucy001(f): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2012
Just drop ur email addy here, I wil förward d form to u 4 free.
Re: Us Bank Account by janbr: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2012
For non-resident I can recommend the Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard® Card and you get also Real USA Virtual bank account

You get Virtual bank account for free?
Get paid with the US Payment Service A US account and routing number linked to your card will allow you to receive US ACH/Direct Deposit transfers from select US corporations, including PayPal, Amazon, Google Adsense, CJ.com, Apple and more!

Receive payments from any of our partners Simply sign in to your online account with the partner and selec Payoneer as your payment method.

Anyone can load your card Receive private loads from anyone worldwide via Visa/MasterCard®.

Thanks,

https://sites.google.com/site/usbankforme/
Re: Us Bank Account by skeendyke: 5:48am On Aug 28, 2012
Lucy, pls, I wuld love to hav a copy of d form. I am interestd in opening a US account. My email is holla2fred@yahoo.com.
Re: Us Bank Account by gocnig(m): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2012
i think this will help
http://gatewaycenter. co. cc/usacc/
Re: Us Bank Account by barikay: 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
arbitrage: I don't think it is difficult as such except for the cost of opening the accounts and you may not need Social Security someone referred to earlier. For instance, you can open a US account with HSBC and UK with Barclays but each one I tried last needs at least 5,000 dollars or pounds opening balance. I was lucky to open my US bank account with zero balance in 2006/7 when I did and the bank even disapproved my application because of my Nigerian country of origin. After some weeks they wrote back to say they re-considered me and then my free visa card, checkbook came in the postal mails. I even requested and got my hardware token (like GTB type) and my visa card was replaced after expiration; all these services at no single cent cost to me. They always use Fedex to courier my stuff all free of charge. Sometimes they returned last year because of wrong address delivery yet, they will return at my request without charge. I got all that with zero account balance except for few months ago when I tried sending money to it to test my GTB domiciliary account transfer. I use to have money in it when I linked it to my paypal and bought things from the US. But it was on balance since around 2008 until last year without penalty. I just discovered I could even fund my US account through my UK moneybookers instantly from my GTB naira mastercard but I do not want to put my foreign currency outside for now but rather into my GTB dom, or Zenith dom or better still Union dom which is better.

I have other US bank accounts that are basically linked to my US-issued cards. It has banking details and internet banking access. I mean physical cards with bank accounts linked and not just virtual. I think it's easier with UK anyway as they will not ordinarily ask you for Social security that US will ask.
pls can u help me open moneybooker account?
Re: Us Bank Account by arbitrage: 7:30pm On Aug 28, 2012
moneybookers/skrill account opening is free but the challenge like paypal is that nigeria may not be accepted unless you will hide your ip address.
Re: Us Bank Account by barikay: 11:44pm On Aug 28, 2012
arbitrage: moneybookers/skrill account opening is free but the challenge like paypal is that nigeria may not be accepted unless you will hide your ip address.
that's where i need ur help. Are u nt in Nigeria?
Re: Us Bank Account by arbitrage: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2012
that means if it is opened for u, u will never access it yourself since ur access is nigerian. That wont be good for u to av account that u cant use ursef. I suggest u get the ip hide software or vpn b4 u open it. Some guys are selling it here. I access my skrill account from work when in nigeria cos my company and internet are not nigerian. I also av those hide ip browser and software at home if i want to use but i dont access it at home.
Another issue u might av even if u av ip or vpn stuff is that of address of registration, which nigeria may be excluded. Cos to verify ur account, moneybookers will post a letter to ur address, with a code/pin to enter in the system verification online. Way around that is mail forwarding services company, which are not free. I applied and verified mine when living outside nigeria. Paypal is easier as there is no need postal verification but skrill can link and take money from my gtb naira mastercard instantly and deposit to a non-nigerian visa card instantly or to a usa bank account in 2 working days.
Re: Us Bank Account by janbr: 6:49am On Sep 06, 2012
For non-resident I can recommend the Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard® Card and you get also Real USA Virtual bank account
You get Virtual bank account for free?
Get paid with the US Payment Service A US account and routing number linked to your card will allow you to receive US ACH/Direct Deposit transfers from select US corporations, including PayPal, Amazon, Google Adsense, CJcom, Apple and more!
Receive payments from any of our partners Simply sign in to your online account with the partner and selec Payoneer as your payment method.
Anyone can load your card Receive private loads from anyone worldwide via Visa/MasterCard.

Thanks,
[url]https://sites.google.com/site/usbankforme/
[/url]https://sites.google.com/site/usbankforme/

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Major Distributors For Your Imported Sugar (crystal Sugar) / BUY AND SHIP FROM INDIA TO NIGERIA. LOTS OF INDIA SITES TO SHOP FROM / ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.