Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? (776 Views)

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Be Using Chains And Earrings? / Is It Sinful For A Christian To Listen To Secular Music??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 04, 2012
I am asking this question because i dont know what the main aim of christianity is today.
All i hear is prosperity preaching, tithes, offering etc.
I'm getting the impression that for you to make it in life you have to pay tithes, offering, and do religious stuffs
like Christians do.
But there are millionaires who are not even religious and atheists and other groups too making money and succeeding without these christian routines. For example Malachi says that if you don't pay tithes the devourer will come for you. But Oprah i guess, doesnt pay tithes to any church but she is still as rich as ever.
So i am asking, do i need christianity to really succeed in life, can't i make it without being a christian?
Mind you i am not talking about heaven and hell here, or salvation etc. I am just talking about making it in life.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by FXKing2012(m): 10:59am On Mar 04, 2012
Why do u always ask very dumb questions? You have said it yourself that some pple are not religious and dont pay tithes, and they are very successful at what they do, yet you ask if one can succeed without being religious. You already answered your own question, so why ask it again?

That's how u started a thread asking if universities operated by churches should be demanding tuition fee from students, and which nobody responded to cos it was just too dumb.
Dont u know people are too intelligent to even respond to certain questions? Why do u keep showing everybody how dumb u really are?

I still love u though.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by harakiri(m): 11:09am On Mar 04, 2012
NO! ! !

It's unfortunate that the so called men of god fraud have keyed into the gullibility of religious folks and the extreme degree of poverty and lack amongst people. Nigeria easily passes as the most religious country in the world. The level of poverty around you is more than enough proof that religion has NOTHING to do with success (in my opinion, religion limits you).

Nuff said.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by mkmyers45(m): 11:22am On Mar 04, 2012
NO! The world is governed by natural principle and not by religious illusion. Infact if you want to be really successful you must avoid religion.Just believe in the creator natural laws on success. Abi didn't the holy book talk about rich men,camel and needle?
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by enquirydon: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
1.just accept Christ your Lord and personal Savior
2 give 2 the poor
3 obey all GOD commandment
4.have a good plan about your life
5 pray and fast about your life and plan
6 get information/idea
7 sow seed2 people life i.e word of encourage/or money
8 discovery a new thing /add more knowledge 2 yourself

etc
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by Goshen360(m): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2012
Still waiting for my turn before i jump into the pool lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by newmi(m): 9:14pm On Mar 04, 2012
diluminati:

I am asking this question because i dont know what the main aim of christianity is today.
I'm getting the impression that for you to make it in life you have to pay tithes, offering, and do religious stuffs
like Christians do.
But there are millionaires who are not even religious and atheists and other groups too making money and succeeding without these christian routines. For example Malachi says that if you don't pay tithes the devourer will come for you. But Oprah i guess, doesnt pay tithes to any church but she is still as rich as ever.
So i am asking, do i need christianity to really succeed in life, can't i make it without being a christian?
Mind you i am not talking about heaven and hell here, or salvation etc. I am just talking about making it in life.
It depends on what you mean when you refer to the expression "SUCCESS" Anyway the bible didn't say you need to a christian for you to be "successful" or for you "make it" in life afterall there are many in the world today you have "made it" and they are not christians especially when "the god of this world system even the devil" can as a matter of fact give or make certain happen for people. But our the ultimate claim that christianity makes is that outside Christ Jesus there is no salvation for man that JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE THAT NO MAN CAN COME TO GOD EXCEPT BY AND UNTIL A MAN RECOGNIZES THIS SINGULAR TRUTH IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT DEGREE OF "SUCCESS" HE OR SHE MUST HAVE OBTAIN SUCH A PERSON IS NOTHING AND HAS NOTHING
Mark 8:36
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall
gain the whole world, and lose his own
soul?
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by oderemo(m): 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2012
NO! ! !

It's unfortunate that the so called men of god fraud have keyed into the gullibility of religious folks and the extreme degree of poverty and lack amongst people. Nigeria easily passes as the most religious country in the world. The level of poverty around you is more than enough proof that religion has NOTHING to do with success (in my opinion, religion limits you).

Nuff said.
WORD.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by Goshen360(m): 9:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
diluminati:

like Christians do.

No, You don't have to be a christian to make it in life. Being a Christian before success is not a criteria for God to bless you. Abraham was rich before the event he gave tithe to Melchizedek and we were not told that it was by giving tithe that he became rich. However, God wants us in fellowship with Him. God doesn't want us to take side with Satan and his works. The main purpose of God creating man is for fellowship with him.

The main purpose of Christianity is for people that will walk on earth like Jesus, act like Jesus, talk like Jesus, reflect Christ and that is why Christianity is named after Christ etc. Like someone said, many things are wrong in the church teachings today but i won't encourage you to look at those thing but i will encourage you to come closer to God. Salvation is a personal experience and when you stay alone in fellowship with God, God will manifest Himself to you.

I love you my sister. God bless you.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by automania: 6:39am On Mar 05, 2012
@FXking2012, I think this is a very intelligent question. Take time to study prosperity preachers and their teachings and u will come out feeling that financial success depends on your tithes, seed sowing etc.

@diluminati, No dear one can actually succeed financially outside religion. What to note here is that God's definition of success is different from most MOG's definition of success. You strike me as one who has a deep knowledge of Christianity but is turned off by the many things going on in organised religion, I urge you to pay attention to our brother goshen360 and take a closer walk with God, personalize your salvation and pay less attention to the many errors on our pulpits(unless when exposing such errors in the spirit of love).

@All, God still has his "remnant".
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by mazaje(m): 7:46am On Mar 05, 2012
Check out the top 10 list of the most successful businessmen in the world today according to Forbes most of them are atheist or Jews, I doubt if any of them is a Christian. . . .The richest black business man on earth today is Dangote and he is a muslim. . .Wealth has NOTHING to do with religion or ones personal beliefs, it has more to do with hard work, making the right choices and luck which to me is the most important of the three. . . .
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by OmoPastor(m): 8:22am On Mar 05, 2012
@ op

[size=28pt]NO[/size]

but you need to be a christian to make it [size=28pt]after life[/size]!

the choice is yours.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 05, 2012
OmoPastor:

@ op

[size=28pt]NO[/size]

but you need to be a christian to make it [size=28pt]after life[/size]!

the choice is yours.
Which one be after life, keep beleiving.in fables, even devil go enter heaven,
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by Image123(m): 4:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
I wonder what's meant by the term 'make it in life'. Having money is not exactly 'making it in life'. Anybody can have money. Nothing guarantees money, no, not religion, education, hardwork, genius, atheism etc. People love to measure success with money sha. Wealth can be independent of happiness, health, contention, sanity, morality, righteousness. So, making it in life is not just money. There's so much insecurity for everyone concerning these things. But there's a guarantee with God. If anyone serves God in truth and walks in the Spirit, he'll have no fear here on earth. And is afterlife, yes AFTERLIFE will be sweeeeet. And afterlife's bigger than life.
Re: Do I Need To Be A Christian To Make It In Life? by OmoPastor(m): 4:59pm On Dec 09, 2012
@ muskeeto
Which one be after life, keep beleiving.in fables, even devil go enter heaven,
ok i hear you cos na you go stand for gate after life abi grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Godprophet / Indecent Dressing In Nigeria- A Call To Order From An American Example / Why Some Christians Believe Or Disbelieve In Trinity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.