Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,534 members, 7,801,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

My Thoughts On 2go - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Thoughts On 2go (3000 Views)

2go Version 4.0 Download On Www.2go.im Not Www.2go.com / Download 2go On Www.2go.co.za Or Www.2go.com.ng / Have You Seen This On 2go Before? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Thoughts On 2go by Drfinn: 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2012
MY THOUGHTS ON 2GO
For someone who has attained, the star status-Ultimate, on 2go. The desire to share my thoughts became imperative. It became more burdensome in the wake of misconceptions, and jaundiced views held as to the inherent potential of 2go as a vehicle of positive change.
2go is a mobile social networking site. It provides a forum for interacting with persons within ones geographical area, and beyond. 2go provides real time communication between two or more end-users. It enables one to upload and exchange pictures, text, and other content with little effort.
To access 2go, all one needs is a browsable phone. Only recently, the PC version was introduced. 2go is an online heterogeneous community of some 10 million people spread across the globe. This figure is on the increase on a daily basis!
Team 2go, needs be applauded in this regard. Her innovation in creating chat rooms that meet the needs of virtually every class of persons is laudable. By logging in, one can access any of the ages, music, entertainment, football, hangout, languages, politics, places, advice, flirt, institution, games and international rooms. It provides something for everyone.
This variety which 2go affords is in part responsible for its growing popularity amongst Nigerians. In the marketplaces, buses, schools, campuses, clubs, religious environments etc, one comes across ‘2goers’. A lady or guy smiling/laughing, without any obvious eternal stimulus, while actively punching the buttons of his/her phone is a ‘2goer’ until proven otherwise! A friend once hit a child while ‘2go-driving’!
Herein lays one of the demerits of social networking-addiction. A view underscored by David Rock, Director of the Neuroleadership Institute, and author, Your Brain at work, “social interaction is addictive because it activates the reward center of our brains”. This craze for gratification fuels the vicious circle for which social networking (2go) is known for.
The demerits of social networking (2go) include identity theft, time wasting/consuming, scams and harassment, and lack of anonymity. Nathan Hamiel, and Shawn Moyer in a presentation, “fail 2.0: further musings on attacking social networks“, stated, “social networking sites are meant to get as many users in one place as possible on one platform, and for attackers there’s a lot of return-on-investment in going after them”.
‘2going’ could to some extent predispose to strained relationships, poor academic performances, reduced work output/inefficiency, and anxiety disorders; these if not addressed early, has the potential of leading to, in some instances, job loss, broken relationships/marital problems, sleep disorders, breech with the law etc, there abound evidences in this regard.
To dismiss 2go as a forum for the idle minded, adolescents, jobless, promiscuous, and immoral will be a conclusion too hasty to make. 2go like other social networking sites has its merits. 2go brings people with shared views together. It provides a medium for connecting and interacting with others, irrespective of location, religion or color. Some have met potential soul mates, business partners, and political associates on 2go. It’s increasingly been viewed as an escape route during/after a busy day.
I have personally met and interacted with some wonder persons in the various 2go rooms. These crops of persons have impacted my live in no small measure. We had engaged one another in intellectual discuss ranging from politics, religion, science and technology, to the arts. We had shared poetry, jokes, advices, and played games. Each session has left me invigorated, and ignited a burning desire to continuously update my knowledge in an ever changing world.
Social networking (2go), if well harnessed could serve as a veritable tool for positive change. The youths of the ‘Arab spring’ understood this concept, and the rest they say is history. The Nigerian youth must eschew vices inimical to our collective social wellbeing, and subconsciously aim to impact positively on the lives of those he/she schmooze with either on 2go or other social networking sites.
Technological innovation has gradually reduced the inestimable universe into a global village. The attendant benefits needs be maximized, if one hopes to contribute meaningfully to the continued existence of humanity, and the world at large. The OCCUPY movement, and the aforementioned ‘Arab Spring’, are pointers in this regard. Nigerian youths on 2go should harmonize their divergent views, overhaul their thought processes, rid their minds of ethno-religious bigotry, and awaken their consciousness to the clarion call for nation building.
The Nigerian youth on 2go should henceforth channel his creative energies into profitable avenues. He/she needs be mindful of his/her post(s) either in private, group or room chats. Indulgence in idle chats or vituperations must be frowned at, and viable topics beneficial to all encouraged.
In conclusion, 2go may not boast of the numerical strength or popularity of social networking sites like facebook, twitter etc; that should not undermine it as a possible tool for building lasting friendship, information dissemination and enlightenment campaigns against social injustice, this could set in motion the wheels of the much anticipated social revolution this country desperately needs. So, when next you go through the monotonous ‘initiation rites’-connecting…logging in…starting 2go…loading…spare a second in thought on what you have to offer or stand to benefit on the ecosphere-planet 2go!
Re: My Thoughts On 2go by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2012
Nice write-up there. Well done bro.

How To Open 2go Account FREE

(1) (Reply)

Dad Bathing With His 2-year-old Daughter: Inappropriate Or Not? [pic] / List Of Girls Who Will Not Get Pregnant This 2016 (photo) Unless Married / Emir Of Kano (sanusi) Sex Scandal (full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.