Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:27 AM

Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? (7964 Views)

Warri Car Deal (2005 Lexus ES330) Toks / Warri Car Deal: Super Clean 2004 Toyota Camry (toks ) / Best car deal ever- fully loaded '05 Nissan Pathfinder-N2.5M check it out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2012
cant someone get a good car deal on nairaland? all the cars here are just too expensive.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by KunleA2(m): 11:31pm On Mar 04, 2012
It depends on what you are referring to as "good deal"

As long as you are realistic with your expectation, you won't be disappointed.

Don't be like those people coming here looking for a 2006/2007 Honda Accord EOD Leather for N1.5m

And they want clean title, clean ride and Lagos cleared.

And even if you advertise something like that for N1.5m, someone will still come along and price for N1m  undecided

What do you say to that? If your expectation meet reality, you won't be disappointed.

That does not say that all prices on NL are reasonable but most are.

Good luck in your search
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by aladejohn(m): 11:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
You can hardly get a good deal here cos individuals that want to sell their registered cars give dealers who come here and add extra 200k plus to d price for their own selfish profits and at the end hardly finD buyers.
Here you'll see cars reposted after 3months and still not being sold cos of greediness.
Individuals should be encouraged to post cars they wanna sell on their own and not enlist. Help of all these money-hungry dealers.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 11:50pm On Mar 04, 2012
aladejohn:

You can hardly get a good deal here cos individuals that want to sell their registered cars give dealers who come here and add extra 200k plus to d price for their own selfish profits and at the end hardly finD buyers.
Here you'll see cars reposted after 3months and still not being sold cos of greediness.
Individuals should be encouraged to post cars they wanna sell on their own and not enlist. Help of all these money-hungry dealers.

You sound so bitter, Pal . . Life is too easy oh and too short.
I dont think the price going up is as a result the dealers being greedy, but how things have been . . it is never cheap to export a ride to Nigeria.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by aladejohn(m): 11:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
@fhemmy, if only you could buy cars @ d price you sell em, it'll be a good world.
P/S wasn't only talking bout clean title cars but registered ones as well, especially registered ones.
I've seen ur prices too so if I sound bitter, applause should be given to you and people of ur vocation
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 04, 2012
@femmy i think they are rite most of the cars are 200k higher than the normal price, hw can i cum to this site and wanna buy an eod for 1.3million and someone says that amount is so small.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 12:09am On Mar 05, 2012
aladejohn:

@fhemmy, if only you could buy cars @ d price you sell em, it'll be a good world.
P/S wasn't only talking bout clean title cars but registered ones as well, especially registered ones.
I've seen ur prices too so if I sound bitter, applause should be given to you and people of ur vocation

I always like to disagree to agree with people, cos i dont know it all too . , Let us reason together . . . If i am not buying the ride at a price i am selling them, i wont be able to buy and sell them . . . .
Give me an example of a ride and i will show you the total landing cost and tell me, if you are Fhemmmy Motos, how much you would sell such ride.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 12:17am On Mar 05, 2012
chuks01:

@femmy i think they are rite most of the cars are 200k higher than the normal price, hw can i precipitate to this site and wanna buy an eod for 1.3million and someone says that amount is so small.

End of Discussion started in 2003 . . . Let us be real, how much would you buy a beat up 2003 Honda Accord at Berger?
Anyhow, let us analyze it together.

Average cost of buying a clean and reliable 2003 Honda Accord (Fabric and average mileage/color) = 6000$$ (Leather is more expensive)
Tranportation to the port, cos only nigeria has no law = 350$ ( COuld be more if the distance is more.
Cost of Shipping = 1200$$
Cost of sending BOL to Nigeria = 100$$ and could be more if other method is used
Cost of sending money from Nigeria to yankee/Canada and other banking charges = 350$$ if all money is paid once and would be like 450$$ if paid 2ce

Clearing cost of that ride in Nigeria = 230K Naira - 250K Naira (depending on the agent)
Cost of bringing it home from port and other logistics = 40K Naira

Do the math, Sir and you would understand . . . . .
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:34am On Mar 05, 2012
so are u saying you cant get a clean EOD for 1.3million?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Fhemmmy: 1:04am On Mar 05, 2012
chuks01:

Nigerian used, Maybe.
Fresh Import is impossible, except stolen or someone wanna use it for Insurance claim and dont care making profit or even selling at cost value, since insurance go pay am well
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 05, 2012
chuks01:

If anyone gave you EOD for 1.3 million just run away and never stop until you can't see that person anymore. If you don't run away from that seller, be ready to face trouble. Sometime in 2010, I sent a 2002 camry xle model to my mother and when one of our tenants saw the car he was impressed and he asked for the same car. I told him the price and he was not satisfy the price I gave him. He decided to go to Cotonou and was able to get one there for around 150,000 naira less than the price I gave him. On his way home from Cotonou, the car started bringing out smoke from the engine area as a result of over-heating. It took him extra 18 hours to get the car home.

Unfortunately for him, the car was not mechanically good enough. Ever since early last year, he has been trying to sell the car without any success. He sent me a message through my mother that as soon as he gets his car sold, I will be the one to help him by a reliable car.

Enough said.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by deshclones(m): 7:40am On Mar 05, 2012
@Fhemmy, what aladejohn said is 101% true, i have experienced it, 98% of nigerian based car dealers on this forum are mere agents of car dealers, they usually add extra money to the prices of cars, i had a nasty experience last year, met a car dealer on this forum, wanted to get an EOD 2006 model, we met at his purported show room at surulere.after much haggling we settled at 2.4m, i decided to investigate and sent my friend to go price the same car, he went directly and met the real dealer, who told us everything infact the real dealer said he was told by the agent to stick to the 2.4m price, undecided undecided we paid 2.05m at the end of the day, the guy knows himself,

Kindly speak for yourself bro, you always sound honest and cool, will definitely do biz with you in future, cool cool
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by femmy2010(m): 7:40am On Mar 05, 2012
chuks01:

so are u saying you cant get a clean EOD  for 1.3million?

Even a clean title 2002 Honda Accord could go for that same N1.3m,definitely not an 03 Accord.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 10:52am On Mar 05, 2012
femmy2010:

Even a clean title 2002 Honda Accord could go for that same N1.3m,definitely not an 03 Accord.

which means, it is fixed! thats vague I must say!

imagine you that just gave conditions or rather exceptions to buying that car @ 1.3M, now u say its not possible?

dont u think there could be enough people that falls into that category of just selling off?

I dont know if its still there,  there is currrently a red 2003 BMW 330 series on www.autotrader.com ,  read thru what the seller said as d reason for selling the car. I think it was less than $3k USD . I tell u bro, there are lots of people willing to sell @ rock bottom price, 

also note, there are people who know how to bargain very well in yankee and knows the secret of these biz, its a free market.

I am sure u would even agree with me that people patronize ur neighboring country to buy cars lately due to reasons stated by the poster
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by KunleA2(m): 11:56am On Mar 05, 2012
kuntash:

which means, it is fixed! thats vague I must say!

imagine you that just gave conditions or rather exceptions to buying that car @ 1.3M, now u say its not possible?

dont u think there could be enough people that falls into that category of just selling off?

I dont know if its still there,  there is currrently a red 2003 BMW 330 series on www.autotrader.com ,  read thru what the seller said as d reason for selling the car. I think it was less than $3k USD . I tell u bro, there are lots of people willing to sell @ rock bottom price, 

also note, there are people who know how to bargain very well in yankee and knows the secret of these biz, its a free market.

I am sure u would even agree with me that people patronize ur neighboring country to buy cars lately due to reasons stated by the poster

You are mixing apples and oranges. The used car value of a BMW is NOT the same as Honda Accord. Also, if you think all deals on autotrader or cars.com are legit, you are in for a rude shock. i bet you have never lost your money before. Most of the fake ads will not have a phone number or will have email and the jerking around begins. You really want a good 2003 BMW 3301 for less than $3k? Think again.

You can bargain here but its not like naija that you get a product for half of what the seller was asking. NOT here.

You can post the link to the BMW for all to see.

And don't forget the poster is looking for 03 Accord. In case you see one that will sell for under $3k, kindly post it here too. Since you are the only one that know how to search.  undecided
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by GWslim(f): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
Yes, some the guys here are car dealer. Hope you meet a good one.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Emperoh(m): 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2012
. . . . .and then when they get junk, they will be the first to rush back to complain of fraud.
If your money never reach to buy the car u want, pls save. . . .if you want cheap cars, we will show u how to get them
But not ridiculous prices!

Imagine EOD for N1.3m? Even a 2002 Accord never sell for that price
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
Oga Kunle,

person wey sabi road for Kingston Jamaica not fit sabi road for kingstown

bottom line is many prices are ridiculous while some are ok,

fixing prices for used car this way does not allow for open market.

when u say its impossible to buy a 2003 accord with 1.3m, I still maintain its vague.

now imagine an 2003 accord owner who ships his car along with other sell-able items inside far worth thrice the value of that car.

there are so many scenarios that could pass for getting a 2003 Accord parked @ Freedom park Ojota @ a total cost of N1,300,000. - Nigerian Naira. irrespective of country of origin
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 3:34pm On Mar 05, 2012
Kunle-A:

Since you are the only one that know how to search.  undecided

Bros I expect u to take that back, this is neither our thread, it's absolutely unnecessary !
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by wonderz(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
Go to www.tradestable.com.ng for good deals on cars. You won't be disappointed.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ Emperor, I dont know if you have sold that Mitsubishi Montero,  I consider that suv relatively cheap, for the neatness and yr

Now have u not seen on this NL where someone posted exact same suv of even higher mileage (assuming all the displayed mileage are correct) for about 1.6M?

Emperor, did you steal ur own?

Abi na u be d main dealer for mitsubishi?

why didnt u measure up to put that ride at over 1.5m ?

or maybe I should ask, are we talking about the car value now in naija or wrt to yankee?
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by reagand200(m): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
The BEST car deal on NAIRALAND has already been offered but no response.
I guess its the economy and choice otherwise i keep wondering why nobody has responded to such a wonderful offer!
Maybe somebody here can tutor me on the ART OF POSTING RIGHT in this forum.
Could be reason of my antecedents , because all you need to do is just call and NAME your price if you are SERIOUS, and yet nobody,

Check it out here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=881535.msg10317524#msg10317524
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by Kayautojun(m): 3:55pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hello Fhemmy,

How much would a good Mitsubishi Eclipse '09 cost in Naira? I plan to get one in the next few weeks but would rather buy directly from the State.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by kuntash: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
Thanks Wonderz for ur post,

ehen, who says a 2003 honda cannot be boughty with 1.3M?

I am sure this one was stolen or maybe accidented or , not legit,

http://www.tradestable.com.ng/lagos/cars/Tokunbo_Honda_accord_end_of_dicussion_18001.htm
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by GboyegaD(m): 4:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
Fhemmmy:

End of Discussion started in 2003 . . . Let us be real, how much would you buy a beat up 2003 Honda Accord at Berger?
Anyhow, let us analyze it together.

Average cost of buying a clean and reliable 2003 Honda Accord (Fabric and average mileage/color) = 6000$$ (Leather is more expensive)
Tranportation to the port, cos only nigeria has no law = 350$ ( COuld be more if the distance is more.
Cost of Shipping = 1200$$
Cost of sending BOL to Nigeria = 100$$ and could be more if other method is used
Cost of sending money from Nigeria to yankee/Canada and other banking charges = 350$$ if all money is paid once and would be like 450$$ if paid 2ce[color=#990000]

Clearing cost of that ride in Nigeria = 230K Naira - 250K Naira (depending on the agent)
Cost of bringing it home from port and other logistics = 40K Naira

Do the math, Sir and you would understand . . . . .
[/color]

Which bank charges that much for foreign transfers I think you need to change your bank because such an amount is just too ridiculous.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by KunleA2(m): 4:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
kuntash:

http://www.tradestable.com.ng/lagos/cars/Tokunbo_Honda_accord_end_of_dicussion_18001.htm

Looking at the pics, if you notice the front tire with the front fender, something doesn't look right. However, with more pics and VIN we can check on the validity of the 50,000k miles claim.

Good luck
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by SimonTemp(m): 4:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
kuntash:

I am sure this one was stolen or maybe accidented or ,  not legit,  

I'm not a dealer, but i've bought a car on NL before, and I've also sold one. And i follow the auto section.

My experience leads me to this conclusion:

Dealers
Only a few dealers are reliable, trustworthy and reasonable. I've seen dealers advertising Nigeria used cars as Tokunbo. I've seen Mileage rollbacks. I've seen cars with history of 3 accidents been advertised as clean title. My conclusion is that it is better to use a reliable dealer with a good track record, then ask for a breakdown of the cost of the car,(if you are importing) - then do an on-line search yourself and compare the prices. If the dealer's price is reasonable, negotiate a bit more before settling for the deal. And have everything documented and signed by both parties.

Buyers
Nigerians just love cheap stuff. No wonder the Chinese have flooded our markets with cheap, sub-standard stuff. Most of just look for a cheap bargain when looking for car.

More often than not, if its cheaper than usual, there's a catch that will come back to bite u. If you want to buy a Tokunbo car. Go online and search, check autotrader, yahoo autos, ebay, carsforsale.com. Get the average price, not just the cheapest, then add at least $3500 (Trucking, Shipping, Clearing, Dealer's fees) to the cost of the car. This will give an idea of what the price should be in Nigeria.

@Kuntash
For argument's sake, please go and inspect that car, get VIN and do a VIN check. Also take your mechanic along. I can guarantee you that one of these will be the case:
-Nigerian used been sold as Tokunbo
-Stolen Car
-Serious Mileage roll-back
-Serious accident or damage
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by KunleA2(m): 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
SimonTemp:

I'm not a dealer, but i've bought a car on NL before, and I've also sold one. And i follow the auto section.

My experience leads me to this conclusion:

Dealers
Only a few dealers are reliable, trustworthy and reasonable. I've seen dealers advertising Nigeria used cars as Tokunbo. I've seen Mileage rollbacks. I've seen cars with history of 3 accidents been advertised as clean title. My conclusion is that it is better to use a reliable dealer with a good track record, then ask for a breakdown of the cost of the car,(if you are importing) - then do an on-line search yourself and compare the prices. If the dealer's price is reasonable, negotiate a bit more before settling for the deal. And have everything documented and signed by both parties.

Buyers
Nigerians just love cheap stuff. No wonder the Chinese have flooded our markets with cheap, sub-standard stuff. Most of just look for a cheap bargain when looking for car.

More often than not, if its cheaper than usual, there's a catch that will come back to bite u. If you want to buy a Tokunbo car. Go online and search, check autotrader, yahoo autos, ebay, carsforsale.com. Get the average price, not just the cheapest, then add at least $3500 (Trucking, Shipping, Clearing, Dealer's fees) to the cost of the car. This will give an idea of what the price should be in Nigeria.

@Kuntash
For argument's sake, please go and inspect that car, get VIN and do a VIN check. Also take your mechanic along. I can guarantee you that one of this will be the case:
-Nigerian used been sold as Tokunbo
-Stolen Car
-Serious Mileage roll-back
-Serious accident or damage

I couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by clem2love(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
Chuks,

it all depends on which type of car you are looking for.

if you want model or classical or durability check out nairaland.

Thanks
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by BizBooks(m): 4:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
Kunle-A:

Looking at the pics, if you notice the front tire with the front fender, something doesn't look right. However, with more pics and VIN we can check on the validity of the 50,000k miles claim.

Good luck

That EOD is Manual transmission. So 1.3M is even too expensive. Here's part of the description on the ad:

Honda EOD 5 speed manual gear
Re: Cant Someone Get A Good Car Deal On Nairaland? by BizBooks(m): 4:49pm On Mar 05, 2012
kuntash:

It is manual transmission hence that price.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2008 Toyota Prado - Available (tokunbo)----Sold / Neatly Used Toyota Camry #330k / My Car Has Been Jerking After Engine Wash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.