Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,356 members, 7,780,962 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:25 AM

Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej (3576 Views)

Breaking: President-elect, Buhari Appoints Tunde Bakare To Head Transition Commi / Pastor Tunde Bakare To Head EFCC / Save Nigeria Group/pastor Tunde Bakare To Plan Another “occupy Nigeria" Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Demdem(m): 8:08am On Mar 05, 2012
Popular Man of God, Activist and the Vice-Presidential candidate for the Congress for Progressive Change in 2011 elections, Pastor Tunde Bakare, has called on the government to prosecute those who illegally benefitted from fuel subsidy.
The Serving Overseer, Latter Rain Assembly, spoke at the church's auditorium on Sunday while delivering the Part Four of a sermon titled,

'Intervention in Governance: Wisdom for Public Service'.

The cleric, who used the biblical story of King Solomon and the two women who brought a case over the maternity of a child to him as a metaphor, stated that President Goodluck Jonathan must do justice to Nigerians by ensuring that the subsidy fraud was thoroughly investigated.

He said, "God will give the President the wisdom on how to do it. A leader needs wisdom to administer justice. Wisdom is the tree of life. The subsidy issue must not be swept under the carpet. There should be justice because there can never be peace without justice.

"This is not a matter of politics. We should fix the problem before the problem fixes us. There should be no attempt to sweep the matter under the carpet, else every other thing will not work. We need to know who collected certain amount of money and what it was used for."

Bakare added, "Sometimes, we think that integrity was enough to serve in government but in the Nigerian context, it had shown that it is not. Integrity is not enough, experience counts."

He lamented that a majority of the Nigerian political leaders are only concerned about themselves while those who elected them wallow in abject poverty.

According to Bakare, no good leader will look down on the people he is supposed to serve and call them "ordinary", "miscreants" and "masses".

He added, "No leader that is worth his salt will look down on the people he is supposed to serve and call them ordinary, masses and miscreants. They only become 'great' when he was seeking their votes."

On whether the Save Nigeria Group, which played a major role in mobilising Nigerians during the fuel subsidy removal protests in January had abandoned the fight against unpopular government's policies, Bakare declined comments.

http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/03/bakare-urges-fg-to-prosecute-subsidy.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Nigerianeye+%28NigerianEye%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Good advice for the Retardeen.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by 1025: 8:40am On Mar 05, 2012
joe called them untouchable cabals so let us bear with him.
my only regret is the cabal that made such a weakening a president.
God will save us from the hands of these eveil men called pdp.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Demdem(m): 8:43am On Mar 05, 2012
It will be unfortunate if these "cabal" arent prosecuted.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by kokoA(m): 8:54am On Mar 05, 2012
Bakare on point once again!
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by iluvnaija: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
1025:

joe called them untouchable cabals so let us bear with him.
my only regret is the cabal that made such a weakening a president.
God will save us from the hands of these eveil men called pdp.

WHEN WE WERE TELLING YA'LL DUMBB AS$ THAT NOTHING GOOD WILL EVER COME OUT OF PDP AND CLUELESS GEJ, YOU PEOPLE THOUGHT WE HATED THEM. NOW YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF THAT THE AIR IS NO LONGER FRESH.

BE PREPARED TO LEAVE IN HELL FOR THE NEXT 4 YEARS IF YOU LEAVE IN NIGERIA.
ENJOY THE FRESH AIR.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
That'll be the day! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by kunlekunle: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
this na real lamentation .
however, GEJ cant do nothing about it.
The children of the world are wiser than the children of light.
but Pastor you should be wise as serpent and be gentle as a dove.
[size=18pt]WELCOME TO POLITICS[/size]
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by brainpulse: 4:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
GEJ doesnt know the colour of his underwear
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by kunlekunle: 5:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
how did u know that?
Abi na Patience tell u
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Okijajuju1(m): 5:26pm On Mar 05, 2012
Prosecute them on what grounds?!

Does he have any proof?!

if he does, then please feel free to execute his legal right to prosecute them as well.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by GboyegaD(m): 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
I agree some people made undue profit from the oil subsidy but I do not think Jonathan has any moral justification to prosecute them since speculations have proven that part of the monies PDP spent on buying people to vote for them were added to the subsidy account thus, he is as guilty as those we want him to prosecute which would never happen. lipsrsealed
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Beaf: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
GboyegaD:

I agree some people made undue profit from the oil subsidy but I do not think Jonathan has any moral justification to prosecute them since [size=14pt]speculations have proven[/size] that part of the monies PDP spent on buying people to vote for them were added to the subsidy account thus, he is as guilty as those we want him to prosecute which would never happen. lipsrsealed

Damn!
How exactly does that work?

--Runs to Iya Basira's akara spot for some "speculative proof." Damn!--
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by seunlayi(m): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2012
I thought he said that there was no subsidy in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by GboyegaD(m): 6:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
Beaf:

Damn!
How exactly does that work?

--Runs to Iya Basira's akara spot for some "speculative proof." Damn!--

We all know the amounts were highly ridiculous particularly during the election period and that is enough proof to justify the claim.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by LEXYLOV: 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
Can a puppet challenge his boss ? why pastor bakare is sending gej to his early heart attack or grave by his advice to confront those that bigger and mighty than him. undecided
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by bakila: 7:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
Arrh dont worry they will be prosecuted when election is at the corner say 2013 or 2014 when election is at the corner. For know he is the biggest profiteer directly or indirectly of the sleaze through funds pump into purchase of votes in 2011.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
Retardeen prosecute who?

He fit?
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by eledalo: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
GboyegaD:

speculations have proven

Not a PDP supporter but I had to

[img]http://static.wix.com/media/6a8c3bddd93208235864b7c4a4af7045.wix_mp[/img]

This is why I visit this site - comic relief
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Lollysbride: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
The children of the world are wiser than the children of light.
but Pastor you should be wise as serpent and be gentle as a dove.
[img]http://www.demama.info/g.php[/img]
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Thatdave(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
Obasanjo, IBB, OBI, DANGOTE, ADENUGA plus 95 others,
who can prosecute these people, individually or collectively?
Is that the best advise at this boko point in time?
Bakare should concentrate on the Bible please.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by reindeer: 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
grin grin grin
Abeg pastor, you wan kill GEJ?
You no know say when dog begin bite im owners, hin lifespan don dey reduce be dat?
GEJ prosecute subsidy profiteers. . . .
I can't laugh enough.
grin grin grin
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by muyoto: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
If i recall, the removal of subsidy was due, among others, to the inability or unwillingness of FG to prosecute the cabal. if it could then I don't think the subsidy wuld have gone
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Obijulius: 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
this shameless coward should learn 2 keep quiet or self-immolate. dis guy stinks.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by studyineu: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
I wonder how a Man of God take overnite turn to Politician. How many souls did you waste/kill in order to protect yourself, u aint worth been called a pastor
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
kokoA:

Bakare on point once again!
I don't buy into words coming from the same Bakare that say there is nothing like fuel subsidy in the first place.  I can vividly remember he said that during the subsidy removal protest.
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by dayokanu(m): 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^

bakare said there wasnt anything like subsidy

Retardeen claims there is subsidy and there is a cabal behind it

Bakare now tells Retardeen to release the names of the subsidy cabal and prosecute them

lets see what retardeen has to say this time around
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by jamiucoke: 7:25am On Mar 06, 2012
only mother fuckers and asshole insults her president.i can see most of contributors have no regard for Nigerian president.the purpose of this line is to contribute positively.keep quiet if you do not know what to say
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Demdem(m): 7:53am On Mar 06, 2012
jamiucoke:

only mother fuckers and Naugthy-person insults her president.i can see most of contributors have no regard for Nigerian president.the purpose of this line is to contribute positively.keep quiet if you do not know what to say

A leader that doesnt has regard for his citizenery deserves no respect. Deceitful retardeen who is more responsive to the cabal than his citizens that voted him into power deserves to be cursed. Odeshuckwu that tells me to get used to bomb since terrorist attacks happens worldwide deserves to be stoned.
U gat my drift?
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by Demdem(m): 7:55am On Mar 06, 2012
studyineu:

I wonder how a Man of God take overnite turn to Politician. How many souls did you waste/kill in order to protect yourself, u aint worth been called a pastor

what is this nut talking about? am only aware of the retardeen's security agent killing during the protest. abegii, wetin u know that we dont know?
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by mbaemeka(m): 9:18am On Mar 06, 2012
Bakare said the right thing. I may differ on his manner of approach or methods of conveying his message but he sure does have a genuine love for his country. The issues are glaring. If the Cabals exist then let them be prosecuted.

I remember a while back during the heated debate on the subsidy removal i saw the Pet Min. say on Channels Tv that "their hands are tied". I was like. . . WTF? Then only after that she said "we never claimed there was a cabal" and all worth not.

It is very lucid that there exists a rot in the system. Get the culprits and prosecute them. Monies should be refunded, people should be arrested and jailed.

The very 150 Million dollar Haliburton bribery scandal that rocked Nigeria a few years back and which nothing was done. Is the same case that got the then MD a 30 month jail sentence and a 10.8 million dollars fine in the US-his home country!. This was a case that your senators debunked. I ask myself which way Naija? which way?
Re: Prosecute Subsidy Profiteers - Bakare To Gej by oiseworld: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2012
you talk of these cabal like they were a group of cultist working together to achieve one purpose. Well they are not, and can't be prosecuted if they actually brought if fuel. But in a case where the CBN claimed to have wrongfully paid some amout, then that warrant prosecution. Issues of diversion, bribery or any other than "supply and get paid" warrants prosecution.

(1) (Reply)

How MKO Abiola Died (Zadok's Testimony) / Amazing Thought-provoking Painting "Beijing 2008" By Chinese-canadian Artist Liu / See How Nigerians Are Being Maltreated In Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.