Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap (13721 Views)

Many Persons Will Fail This Maths (photo) / Can Someone Help Me In Solving This Simultaneous Equation? / Solve This Maths Now And Win Instant N10,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by blank(f): 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
3/10. This new question is too easy.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by blank(f): 8:02pm On Mar 06, 2012
That is 0.3
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 8:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
Blanks thank you dear, now i have another question for you, dem plenty from the drum i am bringing them out from.

1.Suppose you are a contestant on this show. Monty has just given you a free trip worth $500 to a locale that is of little interest to you. He now offers you a trade: Give up the trip in exchange for a gamble. On the stage are three curtains, A, B, and C. Behind one of them is a brand-new car worth $45,000. Behind the other two curtains, the stage is empty.

You decide to gamble and give up the trip. (The trip is no longer an option for you.) You must now select one of the curtains. Suppose you select Curtain A.
In an attempt to make things more interesting, Monty then exposes an empty stage by opening Curtain C (he knows that there is nothing behind Curtain C). He then asks you if you want to keep Curtain A, or switch to Curtain B.

What would you do?

Hint: Questions to consider are: What is the probability of winning and the probability of losing the car prior to opening Curtain C? What is the probability of winning and the probability of losing the car after Curtain C is opened? What is your best strategy? what is the chance on drawing on the seond curtain??
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Knight1(m): 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2012
okay. Ronke, you need to read your notes grin grin grin grin grin grin

for the second question, i think sauer is calculating based on an incorrect premise. i think o

it's not simply 30 of 500 shoppers. 500 shoppers isnt what you need to use; it's the number of people that even enter the shop at all. which is 35% of the shoppers per morning.
lemme not continue.i'm beginning to get a totally different answer shocked grin grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by davida222(m): 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
Whats ur email let me refer u to a link, in there u hav to register and all ur marth and stat question will b anwsn ASAP.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by davida222(m): 11:27pm On Mar 06, 2012
Divid d number of stage by d total amout bin paid lets say $500. U get u probability. Hav seen dis question b4 on a math forum. Hop it helps
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Obinoscopy(m): 11:46pm On Mar 06, 2012
Sauer's right, so is also others that got 262.5 and therefore concluding that the person would not break even

Your second question actually follows a binomial distribution as opposed to geometric distribution I said initially.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Obinoscopy(m): 11:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
Ok guys try this:

If the probability of success for an event is 0.6, whats the probability of having the first success during the 6th trial
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Obinoscopy(m): 12:01am On Mar 07, 2012
Also try this:

What is the probability of having the first head on the 5th toss of a symmetrical coin? Sauer where are u?
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 12:33am On Mar 07, 2012
Knight1:

okay. Ronke, you need to read your notes grin grin grin grin grin grin

for the second question, i think sauer is calculating based on an incorrect premise. i think o

it's not simply 30 of 500 shoppers. 500 shoppers isnt what you need to use; it's the number of people that even enter the shop at all. which is 35% of the shoppers per morning.
lemme not continue.i'm beginning to get a totally different answer shocked grin grin

Wahlai, Knight i wish the answers are in my notes, smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 12:34am On Mar 07, 2012
davida222:

Whats ur email let me refer u to a link, in there u hav to register and all ur marth and stat question will b anwsn ASAP.

ronkebp@yahoo.com, i hope that link will be very helpful.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Raxxye(m): 2:33am On Mar 07, 2012
Obinoscopy:

Also try this:

What is the probability of having the first head on the 5th toss of a symmetrical coin? Sauer where are u?

1/32 (i.e. 1/2)^5
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Raxxye(m): 2:42am On Mar 07, 2012
Obinoscopy:

Ok guys try this:

If the probability of success for an event is 0.6, whats the probability of having the first success during the 6th trial

Been a real long time I looked at Stats n probs, but I think it‘s
(0.6)^6= 0.046656
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Fullohirrsikado(m): 3:55am On Mar 07, 2012
My ans is 2/5[i][/i]
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 5:35am On Mar 07, 2012
Very lazy bunch. SMH.

Ediotassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by JoeGaruba: 6:07am On Mar 07, 2012
for the second of your first post, what type of coin is it? N1 or 1 pound coin? lol They flip differently you know? just kidding. grin

Too many brainiacs on NL. Could not have answered any of your questions if it would have won me the lottery.

Cheers
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by blank(f): 9:21am On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Blanks thank you dear, now i have another question for you, dem plenty from the drum i am bringing them out from.

1.Suppose you are a contestant on this show. Monty has just given you a free trip worth $500 to a locale that is of little interest to you. He now offers you a trade: Give up the trip in exchange for a gamble. On the stage are three curtains, A, B, and C. Behind one of them is a brand-new car worth $45,000. Behind the other two curtains, the stage is empty.

You decide to gamble and give up the trip. (The trip is no longer an option for you.) You must now select one of the curtains. Suppose you select Curtain A.
In an attempt to make things more interesting, Monty then exposes an empty stage by opening Curtain C (he knows that there is nothing behind Curtain C). He then asks you if you want to keep Curtain A, or switch to Curtain B.

What would you do?
Hint: Questions to consider are: What is the probability of winning and the probability of losing the car prior to opening Curtain C? What is the probability of winning and the probability of losing the car after Curtain C is opened? What is your best strategy? what is the chance on drawing on the seond curtain??

I don't know all but i know some of it.
Before opening curtain C, your probability of winning was 0.33. With Curtain C being revealed, your probability of winning increases to 0.5. To get the best strategy, you will have to use games theory. That one hs too hard for me to do so i will leave it to our resident brainiacs.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by davida222(m): 9:25am On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

ronkebp@yahoo.com, i hope that link will be very helpful.
http://www.webmath.com/
all ur math solving will be over hop it helps buy. I try sendin it to ur mail did nt work.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by blank(f): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2012
The game theory will be a normal 2 players, 2 strategy game. So the payoff matrix will be a simple one.

I have forgotten how to solve it.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by miccodb(m): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
for the very 1st que i thimk most guys got it wrong.
for SAT U SHOULD MAKE 0.35*0.15*500*10= 262.5 OR THERE ABOUT WHICH IS LESS THAN 300 SO DONT OPEN SHOP.
PROBABILITY U WILL MAKE THAT AMOUT IS (300-262.5) DIVIDED BY 300 ALTHOUGH I FEEL THE PROBABILITY TO ME IS ZERO COS LOOKING AT THE STATISTICS I DONT THINK THE SHOP CAN MAKE 300
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 2:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
blank:

Before opening curtain C, your probability of winning was 0.33. With Curtain C being revealed, your probability of winning increases to 0.5. To get the best strategy, you will have to use games theory. That one hs too hard for me to do so i will leave it to our resident brainiacs.

Thank You Blank, you sabi maths ooo, at least pass me small, your are right the probability is 33.3% for all thre curtains which is fractionally, 1/3 to 2/3 for the first part of the question, second part is 2/3 to 1/3 after the curtain has been exposed, now the third part na im fear me pass, if the 1st and third curtain has been opened what is the probability of opening curtain B? i think is 3/3 but am not sure. because all the curatin has been opened at this point.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 2:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
davida222:

http://www.webmath.com/
all ur math solving will be over hop it helps buy. I try sendin it to ur mail did nt work.

Thank you Davida222 will give it a try.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by miccodb(m): 4:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
blank:

a. 1/3 before opening C
b.1/2 after opening C
c. no best strategy as it s a 50/50 chance= 1/2 since were are left with only 2 curtains
d. chance on drawing on 2nd is still half as u do not have any extra info where the car could be all we know is the car is in 1 and C has laready been revealed and ders no car in it so its either a or b
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
Thank you miccobd, but what are the chances of opening B after A has been opened and C has already been revealed smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

So you go schoo[/b]l?? [b]i no know oooo!!! smiley smiley smiley smiley

I hate maths hen!!!, now i loathe physics, i can manage chemistry,,  ihad to drop sciences because of my physics teacher, the worst teacher in the whole universe, instead of teaching, he would be preaching,

Actually I was going to ask you same, you sure say na MBA you dey do or you are trying to sit for GCE?
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

Actually I was going to ask you same, you sure say na MBA you dey do or you are trying to sit for GCE?

I will go out on a limb here, I think she is trying to sit for GCE. The OP is too dull to be in a MBA program.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

WHat are you doing here BTW, murderer.

I hate you. You should be in jail. Apaniyan. You killed that young lady.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
. . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ronkebp(f): 5:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

Agbaya!!!! see your mouth like GCE'', after taking you 20 times to pass, why won't you think i am still writing GCE after 6 kids. Olodo!!! cool cool cool
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 5:37pm On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Agbaya!!!! see your mouth like GCE'', after taking you 20 times to pass, why won't you think i am still writing GCE after 6 kids. Olodo!!! cool cool cool

With this kain English, I am now 100% certain you are not in any MBA program.

At best, you re doing online MBA, which of course is meant for people like you.
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 07, 2012
ronkebp:

Abeg talk true, no need to be ashamed. That question you asked na GCE question no be MBA question. Last time I checked na 1 boy you get when them turn to 6? which drugs are you on wey dey make you multiply children like these with your eyes? come on talk to me. I can review your medications
Re: Pls I Need Help In Solving This Maths Probs: Asap by ojogbontomoye: 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2012
jennykadry:

Abeg talk true, no need to be ashamed. That question you asked na GCE question no be MBA question. Last time I checked na 1 boy you get when them turn to 6? which drugs are you on wey dey make you multiply children like these with your eyes? come on talk to me. I can review your medications

She is mathematically challenged. I can see the happening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019 UTME: JAMB's List Of Prohibited Items In Exam Hall / SEE How This Beautiful Girl Was Humiliated In Public [photo] / UNILAG Postpones Convocation As Jonathan Insists On Name Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.