Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,452 members, 7,781,308 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:11 PM

‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ (1638 Views)

Teen Runs Away From Home In Enugu; Found Pregnant For Lagos Boyfriend (pic) / Opinion : My Girlfriend Gets Carried Away When She Sees Male Friends / Girls Ran Away When I Had Nothin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by dabrake(m): 8:17am On Mar 06, 2012
A 37-year-old woman, Mrs. Ada Amonu, told a Grade ‘B’ Customary Court sitting in Oshodi, Lagos, on Monday that her estranged husband, Andrew, was in the habit of absconding from home whenever their rent was due.

She said Andrew resorted to the mischievous act in a calculated attempt to evade rent payments, thereby putting the burden on her.

Ada, a businesswoman, who urged the court to dissolve her 10 years marriage, said her 49-year-old husband was irresponsible and did not care about his family.

She said, “My husband shies away from his primary responsibilities on the home front. Even when he has money, he spends it all alone on frivolities.

“Whenever the rent of the flat where we reside in Oshodi is due, he will run away from home and return weeks after I might have paid the rent.

“Even at that, he extorts money from me at will. Whenever I am unable to meet his demands, he beats me up and doesn’t stop until I sustain injuries.

“He picks up quarrels with me on trivial issues. He calls me names and despite mediation by both families, he continues with his bad ways.

“Sometimes in March 2011 when we had a little disagreement, he threw a broken mirror at my head and I sustained injuries. The incident was reported at a police station. I am really tired of this marriage. The beating and assault are just too much for me.”

But Andrew’s lawyer, Mrs. B.C. Ferguson, dismissed Ada’s assertions as false.

Ferguson said Ada was only trying to bite the finger that fed her, adding that Andrew was a perfect gentleman that could not hurt a fly.

“Andrew made Ada who she is today. He set up a business for her and it is a pity that she is now seeking for divorce,” Ferguson said.

The lawyer also accused Ada of instituting a criminal proceeding against Andrew on a petty issue as a result of which he was in prison custody for days.

“When they had a brawl in March 2011 at home, Ada got his husband arrested by the police and instituted criminal charges against him at a Magistrate’s Court. As a result of this, Andrew languished at the Kirikiri Prisons for days when he could not meet the bail conditions on time,” Ferguson said.

She assured the court that Andrew would explain the real situation of things when he gives evidence at the next adjourned date.

The President of the court, Mrs. A. I. Olorunnimbe, adjourned the matter to April 4 for further hearing.

Abeg, no bashin here oh. mbok. ku yad esit. nor be my tori oh

http://www.punchng.com/metro/my-husband-runs-away-when-rent-is-due/
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Dyt(f): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2012
heheheheee
men n dere funny attitude
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 06, 2012
my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’

Topic so funny :: LMAO cheesy
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by bekay911(f): 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
Lol
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by DAY12(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
hahahahaha

grin

Oh lawdddddd . . .
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by echobee(f): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2012
i laugh in ijebu
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Mobinga: 10:46pm On Mar 09, 2012
Seems like the kind of thread pendo86 kiss kiss would make grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2012
lwkmd grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by InkedNerd(f): 7:31am On Mar 10, 2012
@For those of you who are laughing: What's so funny about domestic violence? undecided

@::Andrew::: I hope that's not your wife o! grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 7:35am On Mar 10, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

@For those of you who are laughing: What's so funny about domestic violence? undecided

lol my wife ke smiley smiley

tufiakwa make i stingy abi na poverty i wan callam grin grin grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2012
The topic is hillarious grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by InkedNerd(f): 7:37am On Mar 10, 2012
::Andrew:::

lol my wife ke   smiley smiley

tufiakwa make i stingy abi na poverty i wan callam  grin grin grin

Ndo. Just checkin' sweetie. I had to make sure. You can never be too sure grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Ndo. Just checkin' sweetie. I had to make sure. You can never be too sure grin

Except say na u be d wife. By the way you know we dont do that in enugu  wink wink wink wink

I sure say na calabar man be this man. grin grin grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by InkedNerd(f): 7:45am On Mar 10, 2012

Except say na u be d wife. By the way you know we dont do that in enugu  wink wink wink wink

I sure say na calabar man be this man. grin grin grin

lol how am I the wife?

Calabar man eh? What are you trying to say about my Calabar men? grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 7:49am On Mar 10, 2012
Based on ma observation such level of frugality can only be found in calabar men. grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by InkedNerd(f): 7:51am On Mar 10, 2012

Based on  ma observation such level of frugality can only be found in calabar men.  grin grin grin grin

Ah ah, you're insulting my great grandfather(s) o! cry
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 7:52am On Mar 10, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Ah ah, you're insulting my great grandfather(s) o! cry

grin grin grin grin grin I only retaliated wink
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by InkedNerd(f): 7:58am On Mar 10, 2012

Why now? Wettin my Calabar brethren do you?
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 10, 2012
;d ;d
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by Andrew3(m): 8:14am On Mar 10, 2012

EE get one babe wey i bin go marry there dem go give me list wey tall pass me angry angry angry
Re: ‘my Husband Runs Away When Rent Is Due’ by dabrake(m): 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2012
Inked_Nerd: @For those of you who are laughing:[size=40pt] What's so funny about domestic violence? [/size] undecided

wonders will never end. How did that translate to being domestically violated or am I primitively oriented?

(1) (Reply)

Is This Love / Who Do You Think Find Sex More Amazing / Her Excessive Spending Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.