Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Walking: The Exercise Plan For The Lazy And The Busy - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Walking: The Exercise Plan For The Lazy And The Busy (1036 Views)

The Busy Mums Guide To Anti Aging Auralei Purity Cream / Why Not Help The Lazy Man In Bed? / Premature Ejaculation: The Exercise That Controls Your Ejaculatory Muscles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walking: The Exercise Plan For The Lazy And The Busy by Kol: 12:57pm On Mar 06, 2012
WALKING: The Exercise Plan for the Lazy and the Busy

In recent years physical fitness has been on the decline. Many people are satisfied to just sit in the living rooms and watch television or play video games. This has led to an increase in overweight and in many cases obesity, which has become something of a health risk worldwide.

The obvious solution would be to go to the gym and work out. Some may feel embarrassed or intimidated doing this. There is also the possibility that they can't afford a gym membership at that time or don't have a work schedule that permits a regular workout session or they simply just don’t like to go to gym, like myself. However, there are ways that even the laziest among us can get back into shape…Simply walk it off
The idea of not having a car may not sound appealing to many, but in some ways it is a blessing for your body if you are concerned about self improvement. Having to walk to places is a great way to get decent exercise. It gets you out of the house and it gets you moving. More than that, it's incredibly easy. A kilometer may seem like a daunting distance, but if you zone out and just let your legs do the work on auto-pilot, you'll find that you've passed that distance in no time.
When I lost 25kg under 5 months back in 2005, even though I have gained most back now due to sheer laziness, I never visited the gym once. I achieved that result by walking and controlling my diet (using the herbalife milkshake combined with low carbohydrates). I walked 4 to 5 kilometers every day and avoided fatty foods.
The biggest task when you decide to walk is the first few steps out of your house but after a few minutes you get into it, Read the Full Article

Related Articles: 10 ways to speed up metabolism: Five Reasons Men Lose Faster Than Women

1 Like

Re: Walking: The Exercise Plan For The Lazy And The Busy by Kol: 12:17pm On Mar 08, 2012
WALKING: The Exercise Plan for the Lazy and the Busy

In recent years physical fitness has been on the decline. Many people are satisfied to just sit in the living rooms and watch television or play video games. This has led to an increase in overweight and in many cases obesity, which has become something of a health risk worldwide.

The obvious solution would be to go to the gym and work out. Some may feel embarrassed or intimidated doing this. There is also the possibility that they can't afford a gym membership at that time or don't have a work schedule that permits a regular workout session or they simply just don’t like to go to gym, like myself. However, there are ways that even the laziest among us can get back into shape…Simply walk it off
The idea of not having a car may not sound appealing to many, but in some ways it is a blessing for your body if you are concerned about self improvement. Having to walk to places is a great way to get decent exercise. It gets you out of the house and it gets you moving. More than that, it's incredibly easy. A kilometer may seem like a daunting distance, but if you zone out and just let your legs do the work on auto-pilot, you'll find that you've passed that distance in no time.
When I lost 25kg under 5 months back in 2005, even though I have gained most back now due to sheer laziness, I never visited the gym once. I achieved that result by walking and controlling my diet (using the herbalife milkshake combined with low carbohydrates). I walked 4 to 5 kilometers every day and avoided fatty foods.
The biggest task when you decide to walk is the first few steps out of your house but after a few minutes you get into it, Read the Full Article

Related Articles: 10 ways to speed up metabolism: Five Reasons Men Lose Faster Than Women
Re: Walking: The Exercise Plan For The Lazy And The Busy by Kol: 12:21pm On Mar 08, 2012

(1) (Reply)

How To Start A Chemist/pharmacy Store In Nigeria. / Ebola Virus Vs Zmap: Nigeria Doctors Reject September 22nd Schools Resumption... / How Much Weight Should A Woman Gain During Pregnancy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.