Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices (21631 Views)

LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Ridiculous Mileage Of Tokunbo Vehicles / N.land Auto Dealers And Ridiculous Prices For Nigerian Used Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 15, 2012
most of this guys are thief, 24 million naira is around the range of 80 000 dollars the least, really? i doubt if mustang cost that much
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by stagger: 12:43am On Mar 15, 2012
Most of the guys who sell cars here are broad day light robbers.

A 2011 Toyota Camry LE with a mileage of 27,000 can be bought from the US for $16,500, shipped from any of the ports in the Gulf Coast for less than $1,800 and cleared at 250K. That is roughly N3m.

But someone will come here and quote that same car for sale at N7m and above. Why?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by WebSurfer(m): 1:12am On Mar 15, 2012
Nice thread
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by dayokanu(m): 2:39am On Mar 15, 2012
slim_ad02: easy guys the idea behind this thread is "FUN"
its dosnt matter where we buy cars, its nairaland and everyone has the right to put a price on there cars. so also do buyers and observers have the right to criticise. have fun my friends but spend wisely.
@payless
Do the Math
http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/
lets say 200naira - $1 (actual rate is about N157 - $1 check http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
A brand new evoque costs aprox $50,000
50,000 x 200 = 10,000,000

so kindly explain to me how  this TOKUMBO evoque " https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887577.0.html " cost 24million Naira
is it to ship and clear it that costs another 14million?

@payless @Adeone please let them say

I told the guy that for 24m which is like $160k, you would get 3 Evoques

maybe when he buys the Evoque he plans to fly it using Airforce one to Nigeria
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by dayokanu(m): 2:42am On Mar 15, 2012
Donlittle: most of this guys are thief, 24 million naira is around the range of 80 000 dollars the least, really? i doubt if mustang cost that much

24million Naira lets say Naira is 160 to a Dollar that means we are talking about $150k

From range rover site

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/?utm_content=content&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=range%20rover%20evoque&utm_campaign=2011%20Exact%20Evoque\

Evoque starts from $45k for the base model

So what factors into the $150k the seller wants. Maybe its gold plated
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 2:51am On Mar 15, 2012
stagger: Most of the guys who sell cars here are broad day light robbers.

A 2011 Toyota Camry LE with a mileage of 27,000 can be bought from the US for $16,500, shipped from any of the ports in the Gulf Coast for less than $1,800 and cleared at 250K. That is roughly N3m.

But someone will come here and quote that same car for sale at N7m and above. Why?

How much do you think it will cost you to clear a 2011 Toyota Camry?
Please if you have an agent that could be clearing a 2011 Toyota Camry for 250K please send me the contact of such . . . It is so funny how it is so easy to compile numbers and figures online.

Put a link to the Ad and we could do the math better, but you CAN NEVER CLEAR A 2011 CAMRY FOR 250K NAIRA.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by phuckNL: 2:55am On Mar 15, 2012
34. stagger:
Most of the guys who sell cars here are broad day light robbers.

Ignorance is not an excuse ooo. I am not a dealer and i know for sure that newer model vehicles get cleared for at least 1 million naira in naija. How can you possible clear a 2011 for 250k when you cant even clear a 2008 model for less than 450,000. All you freeloaders. You want good things but don't want to pay. If they ship damaged cars to you, you will complain. If they ship blue title vehicles, you will still complain that it is too expensive...na wetin
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Seamate(m): 3:37am On Mar 15, 2012
I will buy this car. PM me
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by txswat: 3:51am On Mar 15, 2012
To whoever started this thread it is not "FUN" or funny to everyone when you start a a conversation that brings up baseless or uninformed comments. We all knew where this thread was going; a bunch of people will complain about something they have no idea about.
I enjoy dialogue and I think we should always engage each other but people calling others "robbers" and saying you can clear a 2011 camry for 250k in the same breath tells you all you need to know about where this conversation will end up!
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by muchbeauty(f): 5:24am On Mar 15, 2012
lol.... @ poster, 24m real naira..... lmfao. cool
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 5:58am On Mar 15, 2012
well does rims dont look like dey belong to an old woman. only if she is Pdiddy's mother

LOL but True Talk Or Dbanj Mother grin
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 6:02am On Mar 15, 2012
dayokanu:

24million Naira lets say Naira is 160 to a Dollar that means we are talking about $150k

From range rover site

http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/?utm_content=content&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=range%20rover%20evoque&utm_campaign=2011%20Exact%20Evoque\

Evoque starts from $45k for the base model

So what factors into the $150k the seller wants. Maybe its gold plated
bruz i wonder o. i wonder if obama car gan self cost that much.
and is it brand new or tokunbo?
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by RoyalRoy(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2012
In as much as dealers have a right to quote ANY price for their cars, it can be realy ANNOYING AND STUPID what prices some post here. I believe SOME people here want to make name for themselves for whatever reason by posting cars of 8-10 million. Cars that they dont even have access to the interiors or engine. If you pester them too much for the car the next thing you read is TO GOD BE THE GLORY. THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by MSItachi: 7:28am On Mar 15, 2012
Royal Roy: In as much as dealers have a right to quote ANY price for their cars, it can be realy ANNOYING AND STUPID what prices some post here. I believe SOME people here want to make name for themselves for whatever reason by posting cars of 8-10 million. Cars that they dont even have access to the interiors or engine. If you pester them too much for the car the next thing you read is TO GOD BE THE GLORY. THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!!!
hehehe grin
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by mikron(m): 7:36am On Mar 15, 2012
damn too expensive?
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Bisjosh(f): 7:38am On Mar 15, 2012
Royal Roy: In as much as dealers have a right to quote ANY price for their cars, it can be realy ANNOYING AND STUPID what prices some post here. I believe SOME people here want to make name for themselves for whatever reason by posting cars of 8-10 million. Cars that they dont even have access to the interiors or engine. If you pester them too much for the car the next thing you read is TO GOD BE THE GLORY. THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

LMAO!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 15, 2012
I bought one on NL but not that is too expensive but by the time it was droven to Portharcourt all the working parts has gone bad, I dont know how the guy manage to fool my mechanic.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 15, 2012
Omg, the 24m Evoque is hilarious! Who would buy a 4cylinder front-wheel-drive based cross-over for that price?
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Geomac: 8:00am On Mar 15, 2012
I no fit laugh o
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slumcat(m): 8:34am On Mar 15, 2012
kayci_d77: I bought one on NL but not that is too expensive but by the time it was droven to Portharcourt all the working parts has gone bad, I dont know how the guy manage to fool my mechanic.
boys are not smiling o.....lmao
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by emeshot: 8:38am On Mar 15, 2012
LOL,SINCERELY NAIRALAND IS THE ONLY PLACE TO GET GOOD DEALS,KINDA shocked AT POST
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by marcus1234: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2012
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by rekeson: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2012
How much will land me a clean Golf 3?
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Bawss1(m): 9:25am On Mar 15, 2012

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by chelseabmw(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2012
An interesting thread

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by stagger: 10:06am On Mar 15, 2012
Fhemmmy:

How much do you think it will cost you to clear a 2011 Toyota Camry?
Please if you have an agent that could be clearing a 2011 Toyota Camry for 250K please send me the contact of such . . . It is so funny how it is so easy to compile numbers and figures online.

Put a link to the Ad and we could do the math better, but you CAN NEVER CLEAR A 2011 CAMRY FOR 250K NAIRA.

Can you in your infinite wisdom, tell us here how much it costs to clear this vehicle at Onne port in Rivers State? Custom duty is fixed and the rates are known, but who fixes prices of clearing? And besides, can you fault the price of the vehicle if purchased from the US at the mileage I put up above and the shipping rates?

I agree, clearing of a 2011 vehicle is not 250k; indeed there is no fixed price for the year of production and the model of the various brands of vehicles we have but at least you know what I am driving at. The point I am making here is that prices of cars advertised here on Nairaland are way over-priced and you Fhemmy know it.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fin9(m): 10:18am On Mar 15, 2012
24 cool mil for that!!! Pls, tell me. It runs on water.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by obojo(m): 10:50am On Mar 15, 2012
the range rover evoque is about 15million naira brand new in coscharis
called to confirm this
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fin9(m): 10:52am On Mar 15, 2012
24 cool mil for that!!! Pls, tell me. It runs on water.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Buy This 1954 Jaguar D-type Le Mans Racer For N7.3 Billion? (photos) / Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration / What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.