Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices (21629 Views)

LAWMA Truck Crushes Four SUV Cars At 1004 Estate,VI,Lagos(pics) / Ridiculous Mileage Of Tokunbo Vehicles / N.land Auto Dealers And Ridiculous Prices For Nigerian Used Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by chucky234(m): 11:47am On Mar 15, 2012
I am laughing,no comment yet
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by d7thcaller: 2:19pm On Mar 15, 2012
slim_ad02: easy guys the idea behind this thread is "FUN"
its dosnt matter where we buy cars, its nairaland and everyone has the right to put a price on there cars. so also do buyers and observers have the right to criticise. have fun my friends but spend wisely.
@payless
Do the Math
http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/
lets say 200naira - $1 (actual rate is about N157 - $1 check http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
A brand new evoque costs aprox $50,000
50,000 x 200 = 10,000,000

so kindly explain to me how this TOKUMBO evoque " https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887577.0.html " cost 24million Naira
is it to ship and clear it that costs another 14million?

@payless @Adeone please let them say

I was just about to paste this sae link before I saw Slimad02 comments. The 24mil price is outragous.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 2:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
stagger:

Can you in your infinite wisdom, tell us here how much it costs to clear this vehicle at Onne port in Rivers State? Custom duty is fixed and the rates are known, but who fixes prices of clearing? And besides, can you fault the price of the vehicle if purchased from the US at the mileage I put up above and the shipping rates?

I agree, clearing of a 2011 vehicle is not 250k; indeed there is no fixed price for the year of production and the model of the various brands of vehicles we have but at least you know what I am driving at. The point I am making here is that prices of cars advertised here on Nairaland are way over-priced and you Fhemmy know it.

[b]I am sorry that i wont be the one to tell you the exact cost of clearing a 2011 Toyota Camry LE, thanks to God we have people like adexfem that would be able to tell you and the rest of the forumitess what it will cost to clean such.

Yes, i would agree that some of the vehicles listed here are expensive and listed at ridiculous prices and that is why we decided to jump into the business to offer people a reasonable price, however, we have seen some other deals on NL that i asked myself, how could that be, cos they were low

The problem is when a buyer is looking for low mileage and a ride that has never had a scratch, meaning non-accidental and yet wanna pay peanut, it is not that easy at all, i have had people contacted me and looking for a 2008 Camry for 1.5M Naira, but again, try to understand me, i do understand that is all they have and there is nothing wrong in that.

Prices of 2 rides MOST times are never same nor even similar cos no 2 rides are exactly same or similar. . . . .

Always looking for ways to give the best for less to clients, and that is the reason why we send some from Canada, cos SOME Canada deals could be cheaper, but such deals, people have to be patient with delivery[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Mar 15, 2012
d7thcaller: slim_ad02: easy guys the idea behind this thread is "FUN"
its dosnt matter where we buy cars, its nairaland and everyone has the right to put a price on there cars. so also do buyers and observers have the right to criticise. have fun my friends but spend wisely.
@payless
Do the Math
http://www.landrover.com/us/en/rr/range-rover-evoque/
lets say 200naira - $1 (actual rate is about N157 - $1 check http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/
A brand new evoque costs aprox $50,000
50,000 x 200 = 10,000,000

so kindly explain to me how this TOKUMBO evoque " https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-887577.0.html " cost 24million Naira
is it to ship and clear it that costs another 14million?

@payless @Adeone please let them say

I was just about to paste this sae link before I saw Slimad02 comments. The 24mil price is outragous.

Chief . . . Inasmuch as i do agree with you that the price there is expensive . . . . Sometimes, i still think that the dealers as well as the buyers could help to prevent such prices.

I will assume that the seller already had in mind that the buyer would negotiate and by the time they both argue on the price, they will come to the real price he wanna sell . . . .

But Chief, anything for your boyz?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Siga: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
U people bad gan oo....una just scatter the poor guys market....na wa oo....to me....i see no problem in what the price is....if u like post am for N100m....na who go buy go buy....if no one buzz u....no one go advice u to bring down the price....let them post on now....haba
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
Siga: U people bad gan oo....una just scatter the poor guys market....na wa oo....to me....i see no problem in what the price is....if u like post am for N100m....na who go buy go buy....if no one buzz u....no one go advice u to bring down the price....let them post on now....haba

Very true . . . . . .
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Siga: 3:43pm On Mar 15, 2012
Fhemmmy....me sef dey ship cars from Tdot...and i know how it is...just recently....a bunch of our containers got stuck in naija and all entered demourage, cos agent carry our money run....we had to pay again to clear and fines....but u cant transfer that to the customers....also...some agents clear under the table and once car is given to the customers, it gets seized....so...clearing cars officially can be expensive and...in all its a risky business....
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2012
Siga: Fhemmmy....me sef dey ship cars from Tdot...and i know how it is...just recently....a bunch of our containers got stuck in naija and all entered demourage, cos agent carry our money run....we had to pay again to clear and fines....but u cant transfer that to the customers....also...some agents clear under the table and once car is given to the customers, it gets seized....so...clearing cars officially can be expensive and...in all its a risky business....

Chief, i can't wait to see the day that we will be able to do RoRo from Montreal instead of the container.

I do feel your pain, Pal . . Last year a shipping agent from Toronto walk away with 2 vehicles of mine and i have to refund money and lost lots of money . . . Please dont ever go close to a man called OLA in Toronto, he has destroyed the life of many people and always on the RUn (he is a shipping agent, older man but demonic)

There are so many things involved in clearing a ride, i am sure and like you said, when some unfortunate happened, we cant pass it on to the buyers cos it wasn't their fault (Pre-Order) but when not Pre-Order, the seller will do all possible to get his money back on every deal and make profit, only that we have to take it easy when we naming our prices . . . . . .
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Siga: 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Chief, i can't wait to see the day that we will be able to do RoRo from Montreal instead of the container.

I do feel your pain, Pal . . Last year a shipping agent from Toronto walk away with 2 vehicles of mine and i have to refund money and lost lots of money . . . Please dont ever go close to a man called OLA in Toronto, he has destroyed the life of many people and always on the RUn (he is a shipping agent, older man but demonic)

There are so many things involved in clearing a ride, i am sure and like you said, when some unfortunate happened, we cant pass it on to the buyers cos it wasn't their fault (Pre-Order) but when not Pre-Order, the seller will do all possible to get his money back on every deal and make profit, only that we have to take it easy when we naming our prices . . . . . .

Tx for the info....the guy that messed up our containers...hin name starts with D and ends with A....cant say more....operates on the west side of GTA....God dey sha...
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 4:05pm On Mar 15, 2012
Siga:

Tx for the info....the guy that messed up our containers...hin name starts with D and ends with A....cant say more....operates on the west side of GTA....God dey sha...

Yes, God dey oh and will make things anew.

Please pass the message around too, cos OLA has been doing this for a while and i think people needs to be aware of his pranks

Latest victim of his lost a 2008 Acura MDX . . . . . .
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by ejunkie(m): 4:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by chucky234(m): 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
I know its hard to successfully ship cars to Nigeria but thats not enough reason for a dealer to overprice his cars.
Many cars on NL are from agents or sub-dealers who seize the opportunity of selling a single car to make money thereby inflicting the price way out of buyers reach.
If you good white guys in the US who can source cars for you then can get cars at cheaper rates in the US as they are more than Naija guys like OLA who almost ruin Fhemmmy.
I know some good and big dealers in the US that get you good deals.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
chucky234: I know its hard to successfully ship cars to Nigeria but thats not enough reason for a dealer to overprice his cars.
Many cars on NL are from agents or sub-dealers who seize the opportunity of selling a single car to make money thereby inflicting the price way out of buyers reach.
If you good white guys in the US who can source cars for you then can get cars at cheaper rates in the US as they are more than Naija guys like OLA who almost ruin Fhemmmy.
I know some good and big dealers in the US that get you good deals.

Processes of a sucessful deal could be complicated and that is why one have to be careful and deal with the right people.

Again, that aint enuf for us dealers to jack the price up
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
The Evoque listing was S̴̩☺̩ annoying, it got ♏έ laughing. ℓ̊ guess the dealer doesn't know its an inferior car to the landrover line.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by inspiredm(m): 12:45am On Mar 16, 2012
I have a 2012 Range Rover EVOQUE Brand New Just Arrived Inspired Autos for an ASKING Price of 14 Million Naira.

Im Sure the Other Poster that Advertised for 24m was just having a Laugh.

Below is the One Available LIVE @ Inspired Autos for 14m Naira Asking.

www.BLOCKED

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by iykak47: 2:14pm On Mar 16, 2012
good prices
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by iykak47: 2:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
good prices
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2012
inspired_m: I have a 2012 Range Rover EVOQUE Brand New Just Arrived Inspired Autos for an ASKING Price of 14 Million Naira.

Im Sure the Other Poster that Advertised for 24m was just having a Laugh.

Below is the One Available LIVE @ Inspired Autos for 14m Naira Asking.

www.BLOCKED
Sweeeeeeeeeet!
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by harrisonjames(m): 1:17am On Mar 27, 2012
abi o dem think say all na free
phuck_NL:

Ignorance is not an excuse ooo. I am not a dealer and i know for sure that newer model vehicles get cleared for at least 1 million naira in naija. How can you possible clear a 2011 for 250k when you cant even clear a 2008 model for less than 450,000. All you freeloaders. You want good things but don't want to pay. If they ship damaged cars to you, you will complain. If they ship blue title vehicles, you will still complain that it is too expensive...na wetin
blink182: Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by violent(m): 8:45pm On Mar 29, 2012
stagger: Most of the guys who sell cars here are broad day light robbers.

A 2011 Toyota Camry LE with a mileage of 27,000 can be bought from the US for $16,500, shipped from any of the ports in the Gulf Coast for less than $1,800 and cleared at 250K. That is roughly N3m.

But someone will come here and quote that same car for sale at N7m and above. Why?

You are the dude that gave me three months for insulting your moronic slaps giving Bishop grin grin grin

I'm hoping you'd now be decent enough to cower your head in shame.

https://www.nairaland.com/827117/slaps-giving-bishop-david-oyedepo/26#10486619
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by ejunkie(m): 10:03pm On Mar 29, 2012

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 7:18pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 10:39pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by slimad02: 8:48pm On Aug 03, 2012
lmao checkout this 1million Naira REGISTERED GOLF 3
https://www.nairaland.com/1007236/very-clean-feb-2012-registered-full

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Ninilowo(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
80% of the NL dealers are swindlers! Gba bee. At times most cars are advertised at ridiculously cheap prices only to get there and be hearing other trash. As said by someone, it is not compulsory to buy ur car on NL since they dont sell on credit to anyone so get ur dough and get ur ride. HAPPY MOTORING
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Fhemmmy: 3:36am On Aug 06, 2012
Ninilowo: 80% of the NL dealers are swindlers! Gba bee. At times most cars are advertised at ridiculously cheap prices only to get there and be hearing other trash. As said by someone, it is not compulsory to buy ur car on NL since they dont sell on credit to anyone so get ur dough and get ur ride. HAPPY MOTORING

Would have been nice to just name the dealers on NL that you know as swindles since that will help people not to fall prey to those kinda "Swindlers" . . . but if you cant name them, that will not be nice to make such a comment. . . .
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 24, 2013
- Give us your CARS/TRUCKS for Sale

- Both foreign and Nigerian used Cars/Trucks

- We are reliable,trustworthy and Honest dealer
- Internationally Registered Auto Merchant
- We can source your Auto needs from Canada/USA at the cheapest price you can never get elsewhere
- We deliver your clean cars within 3weeks from USA/Canada
- If your Cars/Trucks are in Nigeria already, we can also deliver to your destination anywhere.

- If you are a Nigerian based in US/Canada or anywhere, we help you sell your cars and revert back to you with trust
- Entrust your car need to us and we will honestly convince you

For Enquiry, please call (Ade)08062990328 or Henry (08063383055)
We are based in Port Harcourt Nigeria

HENAD............. another name for Honesty and Trustworthyness in Car Business.

- Management: HENAD Auto Merchant Port Harcourt
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by gabrieli(m): 6:11am On Jan 26, 2013
stagger:

Can you in your infinite wisdom, tell us here how much it costs to clear this vehicle at Onne port in Rivers State? Custom duty is fixed and the rates are known, but who fixes prices of clearing? And besides, can you fault the price of the vehicle if purchased from the US at the mileage I put up above and the shipping rates?

I agree, clearing of a 2011 vehicle is not 250k; indeed there is no fixed price for the year of production and the model of the various brands of vehicles we have but at least you know what I am driving at. The point I am making here is that prices of cars advertised here on Nairaland are way over-priced and you Fhemmy know it.

Bros,
Buying good cars in US does not come cheap again, i bought and brought in 2005 corolla for my wife in 2010 at a landing cost of N1,55M, that same grade of corolla, i just brought it in for a friend at N1.62M. Though are both perfectly clean and strong. if i am to sell the last one with my profit margin, i will place it at N1.8M and i am sure NLander will shout about overpricing. very good cars cost fortune this days. but the one of my wife have never developed any fault since 2010, we do the usual servicing only.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by awenaibangbee: 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
It is common in Nigeria for sellers to inflate prices needlessly. This now provides room for negotiations. Then again, there might also be a myriad of middle men 'padding' the price too. Na our way. I too see some mindless prices on stuff online posted by Nigerians.
Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by Patrickben: 6:32am On Sep 29, 2014
This super super sound 2014
Mercedes E230 not 1 scratch on the body
full with all option one can wish for in a car it has been used for only 3months

Options:
Power windows, automatic transmission with
chrome-silver panel, radio, cd and cassette player,
low mileage, factory a/c, Alloyed rims, sun roof ,
now this is just a pure ride for the road.
just for a price of #350000 if you are interested call 09094741463 or email me @ Patrickben92@gmail.com
pics bellow

Re: Nairaland Cars At Ridiculous Prices by diportivo: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2014
2014 undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Small Nyash... The Rebuild/restoration / Would You Buy This 1954 Jaguar D-type Le Mans Racer For N7.3 Billion? (photos) / What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.