Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. (6050 Views)

Lifeless Body Of An Elderly Man Along Airport Road Ikeja [photos] / Mtn Passing Wrong Information / Reuben Abati Fumbles Again! He Gave Wrong Information To Deceive Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 07, 2012
Two days ago, I came back from work and went straight to the backyard to pee (if u dey live for face me I face you, you know what I mean) when I saw 3 elderly men, my neighbours, they're between ages 50-60 arguing over the lifespan of mosquitoes. One said its 24 hours, another said 2 days, the third and oldest said 1 week. Then suddenly one of them said, "lets ask David, he is the most educated in this compound, whatever he says is final" and they did ask me. I actually didn't know, but I didn't wanna disappoint them so I said, "its 48 hours, 2 days" and they accepted it to be true. But I later got to Google and discovered it is 10 to 20 days. My problem now is, how do I tell them its between 10 and 20 days and not 2 days. Please I need your advice.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 07, 2012
I dont want to look stupid. They trusted me but I failed them. How do I tell them without appearing like a fool. And I don't want to leave them with the wrong information.

1 Like

Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
LWKMD, just be ready, when they die, their spirit will come for revenge for misinforming them grin
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Geezle(m): 3:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
A mosquito undergoes complete metamorphosis ( meaning they go through the stages :egg, larva, pupa then adult)

In these stages, a mosquito can develop into an Adult in just 5 days! However, due to temperatures it can increase to about 14 days

However the main component of a life span of a mosquito, is it's temperatures and it's food supply ( blood)

But on an average, an adult mosquito can life for 2 weeks up to 2 months.

Therefore, if we were to take the upper and lower bounds for the TOTAL life span of a mosquito, it would be about 3- 10 weeks.

Therefore the TOTAL average life span of a mosquito would be 7 weeks
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by jspac(m): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
didadavid:

I dont want to look silly. They trusted me but I failed them. How do I tell them without appearing like a fool, a nerd. And I don't want to leave them with the wrong information.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by snthesis(m): 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2012
easy peasy!! cool
just tell the men that the original species of mosquitoes- original called Mostanda, Quisida in latin which originated from the Mediterranean subterranean jungle habitat, had an existential  life span of 48hrs but due to the northeast wind and eruptive cataclysmic global warming climatic change effect thus inadvertently transporting the larva of the commonly named mosquitoes into our unfavorable clime, an adaptive evolusive brohaha occured and thus elongated its life span to 10 days grin
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by binigirl(f): 4:13pm On Mar 07, 2012
snthesis:

easy peasy!! cool
just tell the men that the original species of mosquitoes- original called Mostanda, Quisida in latin which originated from the Mediterranean subterranean jungle habitat, had an existential  life span of 48hrs but due to the northeast wind and eruptive cataclysmic global warming climatic change effect thus inadvertently transporting the larva of the commonly named mosquitoes into our unfavorable clime, an adaptive evolusive brohaha occured and thus elongated its life span to 10 days grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@OP, just tell them that you made a mistake and that you have done a proper research now to get a the correct answer wink

1 Like

Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by yuzedo: 4:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
snthesis:

easy peasy!! cool
You must be a PDP Politician!!! grin grin grin
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Koolking(m): 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2012
Go back and ask them if they remember what you told them on mosquitoes. I am sure they have forgotten. If they remember and quote you right, then pretend as if you were meant to say 10 and 20 days but made mistake by saying hours instead of days. It would not be a problem convincing them, already they idolized you as the most educated. Whatever you say will sink. It is better to set it right for the sake of your hard earned academic integrity. Dont wait to be disgraced by their primary school children.

1 Like

Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Shuen: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
Just be humble,nobody is a master of knowledge.Call them and tell them the truth before they transfer the fake answer/mis-information to their grand children. grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by yemiofGod(f): 4:36pm On Mar 07, 2012
bini girl:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@OP, just tell them that you made a mistake and that you have done a proper research now to get a the correct answer wink

Yes oh, I would go to them and humbly do likewise
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by andyanders: 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
Tell them you meant 20 days and not 2 days
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Sike(m): 4:42pm On Mar 07, 2012
yuzedo:

You must be a PDP Politician!!!  grin grin grin
Buhahahahahahaha
Shuen:

Just be humble,nobody is a master of knowledge.Call them and tell them the truth before they transfer the fake answer/mis-information to their grand children. grin grin grin grin grin

Gbam!!!
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by klairekk: 4:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
@OP dont forget to take a bottle of schenapps or aloma (big bottle) along. lol
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Godmann(m): 4:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
You are a common liar. Just go tell them that you lied.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Outstrip(f): 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
LOL. Old people are so cute sometimes. It's not a big deal abeg. Don't sweat it
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Okontami: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2012
grin grin grin grin DAVIDO , you dey craze o. This your post just made my day after a long hectic de briefing.

Thanks man. Just try to tell them say u sef na OLODO, but they deserve to know the truth early from you in order for u to retain your respect. If no, They will make jest of u in the future
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by samyng(m): 5:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
odiaero:

LWKMD, just be ready, when they die, their spirit will come for revenge for misinforming them  grin

[/img]
Abeg no put fear for this guy body.
I think you should tell them your new discoveries from Google
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2012
andyanders:

Tell them you meant 20 days and not 2 days

Phew,, thought the thread was bout me cheesy
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Samystyler: 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2012
@op just tell them d truth, dey will respect u more
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by moshoodn(m): 7:17pm On Mar 07, 2012
tell them the real fact bro. . .
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Emeka72(m): 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
@David, you better go back and give them d right information. Tell them the source you got it from; that is when you will be considered wise. You will even be more considered a fool when you leave them with d wrong information.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by ifyalways(f): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
Very funny thread
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by ijigbamigb(m): 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2012
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL,
snthesis:

easy peasy!! cool

This is the best advice so far. Dismantle their brains, and reset it back to default mode, then tell them the real fact,
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 07, 2012
Wow! Cant believe my post made it to the front page, Thanks everyone for your invaluable advice. I think I will go with Emeka who adviced I go tell them the source I got the right info from, they are not all that dummies, they know what google is. @synthesis, which university did you graduate from?
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Navi(m): 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2012
Go nd tell dem d truth joor. U ® just buh a kid b4 dem.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2012
Nawao.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by aglomar: 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2012
Situations like this will go a long way in shaping your destiny. How will u balance your pride, integrity and ppu's expectatn of u with doing d right thing? Choose now.

1 Like

Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 07, 2012
@aglomar, you are speaking some sense into my cerebrium.
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by isalegan2: 12:15am On Mar 08, 2012
OP,

Buy 3 cans of Raid, go sit down with them when they're doing their old people talk-fest, and hand a can to each of them.

You can tell them that "with this spray, the mosquitoes in your house will not live more than 2 days, but most of them can survive for 2 weeks."
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by tpia5: 12:22am On Mar 08, 2012
Some are asking about mosquito, some are asking about agama lizard, others are asking about creeks in lagos ie the southwest.

Mend and boko haram anyone?

And your reasons for asking nl instead of google are what exactly?

The people receiving your message have to read it here because theri other means of communication might be bugged?
Re: I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. by Nobody: 2:06am On Mar 08, 2012
Nonsense and ingrediens. Tell them that the ones that you made a little mistake, that mosquitos overseas live for 2 days because of the very cold weather, but our own local mosquitoes are African and so survive longer for say 2 - 10 weeks.

snthesis:

easy peasy!! cool
Kai! See politician o!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Has Done More Harm Than Good / New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! / See What Happened To This Girl While Charging Her Phone With A Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.