Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? (652 Views)

2 First-class Yoruba Kings To Preach At Christian Revival / Is It Wrong To Preach In A Public Transport? / Women Are Not To Stand On The Pulpit To Preach. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? by God2man(m): 8:30am On Mar 07, 2012
Matthew 7:1-5 " Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye meet, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
We are all quick to find faults in others, we complained, we criticized, infact, we at our best when it comes to preaching to others, we have forgotten that we wil be judged as well.
Paul said i bring myself under subjection lest when i have preached to others i myself should be a cast away.
You will do yourself a great favour, if can sit down, take a biro, and a sheet of paper, then write down all those things you have done wrong. Look at yourself in the mirror and submit the list to God in prayer for Grace to corect them, this way, you will become a better person because you will be able to see clearly things other people are doing wrong. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? by Joagbaje(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2012
Most critics irreverently attack what they have no knowledge about. It takes Godly reverence to know the depth in God.

Proverbs 9:10
10 For the reverence and fear of God are basic to all wisdom. Knowing God results in every other kind of understanding
Re: Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? by God2man(m): 6:48am On Mar 08, 2012
Many chistians point accusing finger at their leaders, forgetting that they have a great responsibilty to intercede for their leaders. If you see a brother go back to his vomit or fall from grace as a result of one sin or the other, we are not to mock him, the first thing to do is to point the accusing finger to ourselves and say i should have done something to avoid it.
It will take a great level of maturity to say it is my fault or i accept responsibility for what happened. We will need a good eyesight to discover our own fault.
Revival begins the day we begin to question ourselves about the way things are going in the christendom and start to do something to salvage the situation rather than criticizing those who are above us in terms of spiritual achievement.
Issaiah said woe unto me for i am a man of unclean lips. He did not acknowledge the fact he had unclean lips until he met the Lord. Read issaiah chapter 6.
It is obvious that many christians have not met the Lord, the day you meet the Lord, you will see yourself clearly and then you will stop judging people by the outward appearance but by what God reveals to you.
God bless you. God2man.
Re: Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? by buzugee(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
no. i know who i am. grin
Re: Have You Tried To Preach To Yourself Before? by nuella2(f): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
Very true,

(1) (Reply)

Halleluyah, Halleluyah, Halleluyah, / Church Issue! Plz Advice.. / God's Teaching Is Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.