Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks (3993 Views)

Caption This Picture Of Boy In Bayelsa Creeks After Yesterday's Polls / Ateke Tom To Buhari: Treat Anyone Who Returns To The Creeks As A Common Criminal / Pirates Attack: Boat Operators, Passengers Lament Insecurity In Bayelsa Creeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Standing5(m): 6:02pm On Mar 07, 2012
I thought MEND guys were tough guys . . . . LOL . . . .The height of cowardice

By Emma Amaize

WARRI -  EX-MILITANTS and sea pirates operating on Nembe and Ogbia waterways in Southern Ijaw area of Bayelsa state have fled their camps following a crackdown on  them by the Joint Military Task Force, JTF, codenamed “Operation Pulo Shield”.

One of the fleeing ex-militants, who was among those agitating for inclusion in the post-amnesty programme told Vanguard in Warri, Wednesday,  “Many of us have fled from Bayelsa state because JTF is ransacking everywhere after the killing of four military men and four policemen , last week”.

Spokesman of the JTF, Lt. Col Timothy Antigha confirmed on Sunday that the remains of a Lieutenant Colonel and three naval ratings killed in a gun fight with sea pirates, led by one Shedrack Itokofuwei, alias Mammy Water had been recovered.

He, however, disclosed that Mammy Water, who the task force described as a sea pirate was later shot dead in a gun battle with a Naval patrol team after three speed boats in his convoy were sunk.

Vanguard gathered that apart from ex-militants and suspected sea pirates, a lot of youths in most of the riverside communities in Southern Ijaw local government area had fled their communities as a result of the siege to the waterways by the task force.

An ex-militant leader, identified as “General” Victor Gbekegbeke spoke to Vanguard on phone, Friday, March 2, claiming to be the leader of a 200-man strong band that killed the military men.

He said they would continue with their renewed attacks on the waterways until the Federal Government incorporates them into the post-amnesty programme.

He spoke very confidently, claiming, he was fortified in his mission by Egbesu, the Ijaw god of war because he was fighting a just battle.

An informant who linked Vanguard with the ex-militant leader confirmed when contacted, Monday morning, “I am hearing that Victor is dead, that he was killed by the JTF in a gun battle after he spoke to you (Vanguard).

Asked if “General” Victor Gbekegbeke also bear the sobriquet, Mammy Water, the informant said, “They interchange their names to deceive people, but I can tell you that what I am hearing is that he is dead”.

The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta, MEND, however, insisted, that the attack and killing of soldiers were carried out by its fighters and not sea pirates.  It denied that any of its fighters were killed by JTF and challenged it to produce the remains, if any.
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by chosen04(f): 6:09pm On Mar 07, 2012
Report without source?

. . . . . . . . .Its Obvious that JTF is fighting a lost battle. . . . . . . .
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Beaf: 6:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
^
You are obviously fighting JTF from Guatemala. Not so?
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Odutodaiwa: 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2012
@ Beaf. You should be in a mourning mood by now. Na your "Oyel drunk" brothers den dey murder so. I can understand how much it hurts say we're dispatching those that have the Oyel to helfire while we the Princes and Princesses dey Flenjor Oyel money. grin grin grin grin grin

Even Uncle Jona could not bail his brothers from the firepower of the Nigerian military. @ Beaf, on a very serious note. Dont you feel betrayed say Jona sent military go fork hin brothers up tongue?. If na Obasanjo now U for dey shout

Apologies to all kind hearted Niger Deltans.
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Nobody: 6:56pm On Mar 07, 2012
chosen04:

Report without source?

. . . . . . . . .Its Obvious that JTF is fighting a lost battle. . . . . . . .
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/ex-militants-sea-pirates-flee-bayelsa-creeks/
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Standing5(m): 7:10pm On Mar 07, 2012
Its on Vanguard website.
Even with bigger guns they can't stand the Nigerian Army . . . . .lol ,
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by chosen04(f): 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
Standing5:

Its on Vanguard website.

You mean those vagabonds that BOKO HARAM are dancing over their graves? . . . . . . . .i dey laff.
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by chosen04(f): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2012
Beaf:

^
You are obviously fighting JTF from Guatemala. Not so?

For your info this is not niGERia army fighting in one ECOMOG war or the other. . . . . .

Are you still mourning the JTF that will go on killing innocent people and turn blind eyes to fighting the real battle READY MEND?
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Standing5(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2012
chosen04:

For your info this is not niGERia army fighting in one ECOMOG war or the other. . . . . .

Are you still mourning the JTF that will go on killing innocent people and turn blind eyes to fighting the real battle READY MEND?
If i may ask, what was the offence of the JTF men killed?
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by dayokanu(m): 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
Whats the difference between MEND and Boko Haram
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Standing5(m): 7:37am On Mar 08, 2012
Where are all my ND extremist? I was hoping y'all help me grace this thread. . . . and shame the NA
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by chosen04(f): 8:09am On Mar 08, 2012
Standing5:

If i may ask, what was the offence of the JTF men killed?

Fighting a lost war cos you were sent by ur pay master is a crime on its own
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by tpia5: 11:09am On Mar 08, 2012
Where did they flee to?

And why did these ones not get asian visas and juicy appointments like their other militant colleagues?
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by omo9ja1(m): 11:42am On Mar 08, 2012
you guys are lucky baba OBJ was not in-charge he would have order arrest if they resist arrest shoot at sight

killing military personel you have call for war why are they running

Please the good people of the area leave the local govt as soon as possible more army are coming

cast your mind back during odi
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by GWslim(f): 11:51am On Mar 08, 2012
Standing5:

Its on Vanguard website.

Yah, Vanguard
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Demdem(m): 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2012
dayokanu:

Whats the difference between MEND and Boko Haram

None. Both criminal entities.
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Leemak: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Beaf & co see ur peoples' life, JTF go finish all ur jobless drunkard fishermen brothers, whats mr retardeen GEJ about dis? Clueless & useless mr presido!
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Okijajuju1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
In other News,

Where do these MEND boys get there Nicknames from?!

Boyloaf
Mammy Water
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Okijajuju1(m): 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2012
Leemak:

Beaf & co see ur peoples' life, JTF go finish all ur jobless drunkard fishermen brothers, whats mr retardeen GEJ about dis? Clueless & useless mr presido!

This your post and your character resemble. . .  Imbecilic   angry
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by adino(m): 10:46pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Okija_juju
Where do these MEND boys get there Nicknames from?!

Boyloaf
Mammy Water

Me I taya OOOOO shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by gaddafe(m): 12:16am On Mar 09, 2012
By now Nigerians should have learnt that no militant group can challenge the NA to a fight and wins, whether Boko haram or MEND. The only reasons biafrans went far was because the fight was btw the Nigerian Army vs the Nigerian Army.

DIALOGUE STILL REMAINS THE BEST OPTION !!
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by bobolic: 1:06am On Mar 09, 2012
Vanguard has for long been the mouthpiece of these oil thieves and criminals.They will never be a match to the Nigerian Army. You do not fight a war with dynamite and light weapons and hope to be victorious at the end of the day.
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by Standing5(m): 10:18am On Mar 09, 2012
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by sheyguy: 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2012
What a thread!!! I know those ND millitant will never retreat a single step, never! Not for the Nigerian army...lol
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by otokx(m): 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
where did they flee to?
Re: Ex-militants, Sea Pirates Flee Bayelsa Creeks by sheyguy: 3:49pm On May 06, 2012
otokx: where did they flee to?
can't u read up the OP 's article? They ran into the ND 'settlements' like ughelli and okrika...lol
criminals

(1) (Reply)

Residents Flee Yelwa Ward, Adamawa Over Death Of Six / Top 5 Trade Unions In Nigeria / Underage Children Voting In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.