Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After (11475 Views)

Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) / She Forgive Her Rapist But Cannot Forgive Her Husband. / Rapist Begs To Marry His 13-Year-Old Victim & Her Father Agrees (Kano) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 6:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
dayokanu:

^^ Which of that is not possible by a 32yr old man vs an 18yr old girl

common sense dictates an 18 yr old babe would run faster than a 32 yr old pot-bellied man!
she could have prevented what happened. the r@pist had no weapon or whatever.

she should come out and say she had allowed some bit of romance but the guy later took advantage of the situation.
that type of story is acceptable and i accept a woman's no should be no. . . . .but for her to say they were just in the car without any undercurrent and this man just pounced on her is a white lie.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kelz88(f): 6:31pm On Mar 08, 2012
Coogar, try use your imagination. He could have come down, gone round to the passenger seat and dragged her out the car then pinned her to the ground. Gosh!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by niddamugu(m): 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2012
After 32 years? My dear, the case has gone beyond man's judgement. How many more years does he have to spend on earth? My advice is that since you know every detail about him, simply ask him to repent and surrender his life to Christ. That way he would look for you and ask for your forgiveness (i.e. if he actually did it), otherwise, why did you wait this long to open up? You mean all these years no one knew about it? Not even your friend, mother or close relative? Hmmm. Leave everything to God sad sad sad sad
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 6:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
kelz88:

Coogar, try use your imagination. He could have come down, gone round to the passenger seat and dragged her out the car then pinned her to the ground. Gosh!

and the lady just sat there when he could have locked herself in when the guy came down.
abeg. . . . .naija babes @ 18 are not that silly. this is not a thriller from hollywood where you have brainless american teenagers.

there was a certain degree of co-operation before the guy turned himself into a depraved animal.
he's still a r@pist but i like when stories are told truthfully. the poster is being economical with the truth.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by dayokanu(m): 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2012
How many 18yr old girls can outrun a 32yr old?

What stops the guy from stopping the car in a deserted place at night after work, Go round drag her down and r@pe her?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by kelz88(f): 6:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
Coogar, back in the day it was easier to trust people. An average 18 year old's naivety is different from even an 11 year old today. Besides, he was someone she knew so she wasn't suspicious. He could have come down pretending to be checking the tyres. Once again, use your imagination. . . . Whether or not the story is real.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
dayokanu:

How many 18yr old girls can outrun a 32yr old?
What stops the guy from stopping the car in a deserted place at night after work, Go round drag her down and r@pe her?

no 32 yr old nigerian man in 83 would outsprint an 18 yr old chic unless the girl is crippled/paraplegic combined.
men in that era paid no attention to their weight, they drank alcohol more than men of nowadays and they never attended any gym to keep fit.
like i said, there was a degree of consent.

kelz88:

Coogar, back in the day it was easier to trust people. An average 18 year old's naivety is different from even an 11 year old today. Besides, he was someone she knew so she wasn't suspicious. He could have come down pretending to be checking the tyres. Once again, use your imagination.  . . . Whether or not the story is real.

you make sense but there are still doubts.
the op should come out clean and give a blow by blow account of what transpired that fateful night.
for her case to stick, she must convince the authorities that she was r@ped. if she cannot convince me, she's on a long trip.

i want this man caught just like you do but the true story must be told.
the reason why most r@pists walk free from court is because of the c[i]o[/i]ck n bull stories the victims often tell.
they sometimes hide their own culpability and it makes the story look so fake. a good defense lawyer would then find flaws in the story and that is enough for the case to be thrown out. the moment the judge perceives the victim has lied about her story, the case gets dismissed.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 6:50pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ poster,you'll be doing the society a lot of disservice should you let the rapist go scot free. All that is required of you is to give us his identity,then you can sit back,relax and watch out what becomes of him!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by niddamugu(m): 6:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Olalekan 0:

@ poster,you'll be doing the society a lot of disservice should you let the despoiler go scot free. All that is required of you is to give us his identity,then you can sit back,relax and watch out what becomes of him!

My friend, Nigeria's judicial system does not work like that. Nothing can come out of this case. If it is US or UK, I agree with you. But here? Naaaa. This is not a charge & bail case. grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 7:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
@niddamugu,the nigerian judiciary ought not be judged by what happens at election petition tribunals,this is a criminal case and i can strongly assure you she'll get justice if she tried!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
Olalekan 0:

@niddamugu,the nigerian judiciary ought not be judged by what happens at election petition tribunals,this is a criminal case and i can strongly assure you she'll get justice if she tried!

no witness
no police report filed in then.
no dna sample(hair, sweat, spit, etc)
no s[i]e[/i]men sample.

not even the c-s-i would crack this case.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 7:14pm On Mar 08, 2012
If the victim is able to locate the spot at which she was despoiled,am sure something incriminating would be found,more so the despoilers past can be dug into!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2012
The despoiler's conduct could even give him away
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by niddamugu(m): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
Olalekan 0:

Thanx Bro. My advice is for her to just forget about it and leave the rest to God. What does she want to prove after 32years? Do we have any scientific method of proving this case? What would our culture say over this matter? How many of those "friends" (as at then) are still alive and would be willing to testify? Obviously, she never told anyone about it for 32 years. I'm sure she's a mother (if not almost a G-Mother) and a wife. What is she expecting her husband to do now? These are fundamental question she must answer and while she's trying to answer them, she should leave everything to God.

Olalekan 0:

If the victim is able to locate the spot at which she was despoiled,am sure something incriminating would be found,more so the despoilers past can be dug into!

Are you saying that wherever has not changed in the last 32 years? Abi you just dey wine me? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by armyofone(m): 7:19pm On Mar 08, 2012
in a civilized country, rap.e can get you a lifetime in prison. instead of showing sympathy, some of you here are making it hard for her.
rap.e victims don't move on. they are wounded inner and outer. so please let's be careful here.

it is easy to be empowered by someone stronger than you. we don't know how the gal was at 18 so let's try to be reasonable.

OP take heart. Try seeing a Psychologist/Shrink.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by coogar: 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
Olalekan 0:

after 29 yrs of rain, wind, sunshine and etc.
the road would have been tarred by now or whatever. we are not talking 29 days, we are talking 29 yrs!!!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 7:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
The accused(despoiler's) conduct at the trial may even give him away!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Ib(f): 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
For those who say forgive and forget, i say you haven't experienced the defilement of your body, your innocence, your pride before. @ Poster, i know how you feel. I really dont know what to advise in this case. Do whatever you feel will bring you closure to this awful experience. You did nothing wrong. He did.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 7:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
@coogar,a veteran movie director was last year convicted of despoling a young girl in the early 70's.

I would not divulge too much information here so as not to avail defence attorneys opportunity to cover loopholes!

The victim needs to be very bold and must not hold back or conceal anything  at the hearing. I'm willing to take this case up for FOR FREE if my services are needed!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
Poster, are u scared? Drop the guy details make men size am. Judgement on earth. Emmmm, ℓ̊  know its hard but forgive him, you are probably married now, S̴̩☺̩ forgive, as for Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ forgetting part, № comments. Hoping before Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ evening runs out, his details will be up?
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by dayokanu(m): 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2012
Olalekan 0:

After 29yrs?

You mean even if dem don build house on the place or constrct road
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by stildude(m): 7:47pm On Mar 08, 2012
OP by forgiving him, you release yourself from the prison you have unknowing commited yourself. Forget and you will be doing yourself a great favour. Life is too short to dwell in this kind of hate, just free him up from your mind and enjoy the rest of your days in peace.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 08, 2012
C'mön poster,wats with the cock and bull story,is this a way to get attention or wat after 29 yrs c'moooön worst of it all,u told the story bt left the most important detail of ur fiction story.poster am sorry 4 saying this,bt u need some serious help.u must be joking really joking.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Sike(m): 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
*sighs*
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
dayokanu:

After 29yrs?

You mean even if dem don build house on the place or constrct road
CHoked while laughing, too much forensic detectives. It does affect Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ mind.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Tadon 200,read her post again,according to her"she's been searching for him and found him on facebook only recently"
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by eghost247(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
sorry to hear
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by luckgames(m): 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
Okija_juju
Does Nigeria have status of limitation?
Does she have any physical evidence?
You have clearly stated that Nigeria is a corrupt country so she paid N10, 000.00 and a bottle of whiskey the case will be prosecuted.
I am not a lawyer. My question is does Nigeria have status of limitation? Any lawyer please answer this question
If Nigeria has Status of limitation, this case is over. The lord  will judge this goat.
We must have respect for the Rule of Law
I do like to give this dude good beating
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Olalekan0(m): 8:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
@luckgames,only a few nuissance cases,insurance cases and fatal accident cases have a time frame within which an action must be brought against the offender!

For instance,if a family member or a dependant intends to sue a courier company whose driver kills their breadwinner,action must be brought within 3 years. All other cases have no time lilitation!
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by luckgames(m): 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
OlalekanO
In the develop Country, I know there are status of limitation. In U.S only murder cases don’t status of limitation.
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by Mollytee: 12:06am On Mar 09, 2012
Thanks Nairaland Forum for your contributions so far .
Few tried to make a joke out of a depressing life term sentence of guilt and despair . I do appreciate the mentality and thinking of people who think 29 years is so long ago to be harbouring hate and grudge over your abuser . So also the group that think that women should calm down and enjoy a rape section .It is always a matter of free speech in a free country . Thanks for your contributions so far .Just an update after I sent the email to my abuser , He fired back an SMS to me that " Look ,this daughter of Darkness, the good Lord will surely destroy your evil spirit because i don't know what you are talking about .You are a 419 and you will soon understand that you are dealing with top brass military man( Sic, funny this low level street wise crack head never had the intelligence or ability of going to military academy . It is just a ruse ) I never had any contact with anyone like you ever in my life "

After that message I decided to contact another elderly person that worked with us at same time called PO . He made a call to him and ask him did you say you never know Miss TF ? He then opened up to this man and confessed that Yeas he did it . But the man should just keep on begging me and my husband for forgiveness . I'm confuse by this bipolar dual line of action by this evil man is taken . He is confrontational with me and he is sending emisary for forgiveness in the other .
Re: Letter Written To My Rapist 29 Years After by ridgeman: 12:07am On Mar 09, 2012
@OP, Now that you have found him again, I hope you spend the next 29 years tormenting him, maybe he would like his daughter or son to be treated like that?

Anyway it must be a real burden and part of me says whatever you do and however you choose to get revenge make sure you don't end up feeling even worse off,

It might be easier to simply let him know what sort of a criminal bastard he is and move on- as they say what goes around will definitely come around.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Washing Machine Should I Go For Budget Of 45 - 55k / One Special Thing God Did For You This Year! / Hand Of Hope : A Touching Moment Captured On Lens!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.