Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,179 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? (3423 Views)

Who Are The Two Witnesses In The Bible / Man Shoots At Jehovah Witnesses For Visiting / Jehovah's Witnesses: the only true religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Ejyro(f): 5:38pm On Jul 16, 2005
Jehovah's witnesses, please introduce yourselves. I am one of Jehovah's witnesses. Ask me for more information. Hope to read from you soon.

Cheers!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Hunter(m): 1:51am On Jul 17, 2005
I don't really think that it is appropiate to try and get people to be a jehova's witness in a forum...
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by hotangel2(f): 2:43am On Jul 17, 2005
He isn't getting people to become. Did you read that at all. He said if you are a JW you should introduce yourself.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by JungleQueen(f): 4:09am On Jul 17, 2005
Ejyro, i have a question for you.

You said you are a jehovah witness, why is it that you people go against most of the things the bible say and then you tell people Jesus is Lord.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Greatpeter(m): 5:20pm On Jul 17, 2005
Why do you people refuse blood trasfusion and lose your life in the process?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by dablessed(f): 7:28pm On Jul 17, 2005
Na wa o! The gurl introduced the thread to invite pple of like minds, una they lawyer am. Oga o!

Anyway, me i no be JW, if u be one abeg answer Ejiro o! And stop questioning her.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Greatpeter(m): 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2005
read her post. She said we can ask question. Me too no be JW oo.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Chxta(m): 7:57pm On Jul 17, 2005
Why are you asking for Jehovah Witnesses girl? Trying to introduce sectarianism into this forum?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Seun(m): 9:10pm On Jul 17, 2005
Nope. She's simply trying to look for people who share her beliefs. I won't say I blame her, since most of us have a negative attitude towards Jehovah's Witnesses. Ejyro don't mind these people!

This section is about Religion and members of this forum are encouraged to discuss their religious beliefs without disrespecting the beliefs of others. I strongly encourage the muslims on this forum to do what Ejyro has done!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by jogego(m): 10:07pm On Jul 17, 2005
Na wah oh!!! I think una don succeed in chasing Ejyro away oh!!! Una for welcome the babe first b4 una bombard am
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by jogego(m): 10:17pm On Jul 17, 2005
Emmm, Ejyro, sebi you don settle down na, abeg me sef get one small question oh!!!

As a Jehovah's witness, are you allowed to have boyfriends?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-880.0.html
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Greatpeter(m): 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2005
Jogego na you come complicate the show sef.
Why dis kin question you be politician. Na dem dey flash back dem no dey forget things to slide their opponents.
Khai!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by jogego(m): 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2005
greatpeter, na observation I dey make. abi na you be her lawyer??
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by dablessed(f): 11:12pm On Jul 17, 2005
Lawyer GreatPeter and Politician Jogego!!! Wetin do una?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Greatpeter(m): 11:17pm On Jul 17, 2005
I no be lawyer oo.

Me too na observation and comments.

But I no be commentator
oo.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Seun(m): 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2005
Jehovah Witnesses are allowed to have boyfriends. They are actually more flexible than most Christian denominations (except for their preaching exercises, bible study, and certain things they don't believe in like blood transfusions and celebration of birthdays).

Trust me, they can be really friendly and accepting if you relate with them without the consciousness that they are Jehovah's Witnesses.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Greatpeter(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2005
True Seun but they won't accept your friendship except you join them.

There was lady I like so much but she said I should join them.
So no show.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by jogego(m): 1:22am On Jul 18, 2005
Hey Seun, thanks for the info, but I'd prefer for Ejyro to explain issues herself. @ Dablessed, why u dey call me politician, abi dem tell u say I get belle like papy Iyabo? tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by legry(m): 10:54am On Jul 18, 2005
You know i never was comfortable and am still not comfortable with the Religion thread. Why? It’s too too sensitive a topic and it would do nothing but cause bad blood and bitter quarrels. The issue of religion in the world has always been over rated and this overrating brings in overzealous and extremist attitudes. For every person his religion is the best or the way and when comparism is now brought in unhealthy debates come in. Now Ejiro is a Jehovah Witness and she asking for anyone who shares a religious beliefs to come out and join her in discussion about it but as we all see look at the reaction she got from people, and from my point of view this is how people are going t et reacted too when they bring topics on there own religions

If i am Christian or Muslim or Buddhist or Celestian or even Guru Marhaji or catholic or protestant or even worship Iron........................................... etc any of these religions are or is a personal choice and conviction for me and ill be very defensive if i hear it being criticized, Lots of wars or crime has been committed in this world right from the Old days to the New days in the name of religion and i swear it sickens me when i see this hideous things, but for some places i think we can actually be free of this burden , and an example of such a place to me is Nairaland.com. You see i don’t know how others view the place but for me its a place i can be relaxed, be free and be happy a place i can actually come and share views with people and not have to take the sadness of the world with me.

Seun since we can all say what we feel i feel this Religious part of your Work is something you would have to rework on how you do it or go about it i don’t know but all i see with it would be nothing but bitter arguments and highly sentimental values being toyed with. I have my own religion (Christianity) and i have my views on other religions but i am not one to chastise, condemn, critise or question another person about his or her religion if its a case of getting education (which you would have to work on) on the religion then i think it would be acceptable but when it comes to the person being attacked about his religion then i totally disagree with it. The world is a complex place right now and it gets a whole lot more complex by the second (all you have to do is watch TV and you would see) and human beings try and find something to believe in to free themselves of the complexity of the world now how or what you chose is your personal conviction and its your right and i don’t think your place( Nairaland.com) is a place where what you choose should be trampled upon and i say this concerning all religions i don’t think Nairaland.com is a place where peoples religions should be questioned or criticized. I know im going to get some hard hit backs for this views of mine but?? . There is so much sadness in the world and we make up ways to make this sadness into happiness for us and one of my ways of overriding the sadness of the e world is by logging on to Nairaland.com and that is what i want to keep doing.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by kazey(m): 11:50am On Jul 18, 2005
Well i think there is something wrong with that opinion, that religious discussion in an intellectual manner, can lead to bad blood and bitter quarrels. Every semester there is an inter-faith talk in my university, and so far, they havent been a quarrell or blood shed.

All i can tell is when it comes to religion, Nigerians in particular always have this thing about them. Either you join them or they assume you are going to hell. And whatever you do must be wrong, the way you think must not be correct, because you don't share the same faith.

I have heared some Nigerians telling me , hey you look like a christian (how does a christian look? for Goodness sake). or even the way they treated me (so differently), just because i didnt go to their church or something in that matter. The same applies to Muslims, they are the same. Especially if they are Nigerians.

Actually i didnt belong anywhere, because one i wasnt some intense practising Muslim, and thus i wasnt accepted. Though i am very versed in my religion. Just that i think there is time for everything. I know some people would say
"Gba Jesu si aye re" meaning Accept Jesus in your life. Well Nigerians do not respect each others religion, and i stand by that firmly. Well, all i have to say is Nigerians dissapoint me, when it comes to religious issues.

We really need to open our mind in that relation. If you are one of those i mentioned, please change for the better. If you are not, keep up the good work. We all know ourselves well.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by jogego(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2005
@ legry, if its cos of my statements you think there will be bloodshed abeg oh!!! If you have been reading my posts, you know I do a lot of bantering. I am a Christian and am not ashamed of it. However, I also repsect other people's views about their religions.

All I was trying to do was interject a little bit of humor and pulling Ejyro's legs( I hope I never pull the leg commot sef as the poor girl don dissappear) and that was why I kept interjecting that I wanted her and only her to comment.

Abeg make una no shed blood oh!!! becos me a no get liver oh
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Seun(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2005
Legry,

I have no problem with the Religion section of the forum.  If people start insulting each other over the issue of religion I will simply start deleting their posts.  I am not afraid to use my moderator privileges when necessary.

I believe that when we get people of different faiths to interact in the same forum, they will eventually discover that they are not all that different from each other and they'll learn to be more tolerant.   This is what happens when you interact with someone you see as being 'different' from you.

Seun.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by diakim(m): 2:26pm On Jul 18, 2005
It is a pity you people have ruined her thread. She will just have to create another one.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Greatpeter(m): 3:18pm On Jul 18, 2005
Pls let us respect Ejyro by going back to the topic proper.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by jogego(m): 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2005
Ejyro is around. She refused to be frightened away tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by pkrix(m): 8:58pm On Jul 18, 2005
Back to ejyro's topic pls.

ejyro dear, I know of a JW but they are not in the forum but close to my compound in K-town.

wanna meet'em?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by DEKING3(m): 8:51am On Jul 19, 2005
It's quite sad that in this country we have given this religion thing too much chance. May God help us sha ooo. But as legry said pls let's 4get this religion thing and not divert from the topic.

If any topic doesn't apeal to you, just don't comment on it. It's as simple as that.

Nairalanders, let's make this forum the best we can.

Long live Nairaland

Long live Nigeria.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Ejyro(f): 10:17am On Jul 19, 2005
Which level............... smiley

Be cool............. cool guys, I just wanted to find out if there is any Jehovah's Witness in the forum, I didn't say you should question me about my believes. In any case, you can send me a private message if you have any question(s). I'll answer them with the aid of the Bible. Thank you
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by hotangel2(f): 6:15am On Jul 20, 2005
Ejyro is so cool.. cool
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Ejyro(f): 3:52pm On Jul 20, 2005
thank you hot-angel. more post please
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by Hndholder(m): 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2005
Love Seun if I were a woman I would have called you my husband. Thank you for not deleting my postings any more but for those who are challenged enough, they should meet me at the new thread created out of this. Regards.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses in Here? by hotangel2(f): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2005
oopsy doo. shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's Best Dressed Pastor? / Indian Mosaic Solution Temple... Be Happy & Rich / Is It Good To Give Money To Mad People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.