Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8111856 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 4:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
christybabe:

@ Mitchy am present ooo, na school make me absent on this thread, am always here but I don't comment. I really thank God for my pregnancy, so far I don't have any complain, thou sometimes I have cramps in my lower Tommy but that is all. I get up in the morning eat and attend every lecture... I know am carrying an angelic baby because God has been good to me.
I pray it continues till my delivery day,
happy bumping to all mama's in the house, and safe delivery too to us all. congrats to all the Mama's that has put to bed, may ur babies bring more joy to your homes.

#TeamJuly for easy birth #.

Wow, that's exciting to hear. I pray it continues smoothly for you till you offload.
#TeamJuly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 4:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chinwendym:
Never knew this preggie thread has turned to mils and fils bashing thread?

Why in the world will I speak so low of my mil no matter what she may have done to me?

A woman who gave birth to my darling husband? Tufiakwa shocked I never talk back at my mum how much more my mil. Smh

Get off your high horse madam. Please walk in their shoes before you judge anybody. The fact that you have a good MIL does not give you the right to speak down on anybody.

Personally, I have had no friction with my MIL, we live thousands of miles away from each other....but reading people's experiences with their in-laws here has given me an insight about what could go right and wrong in dealing with your in-laws and how to deal with it.

Who here has called their in-laws names or cussed them out? Abeg, park well and let us see front jor undecided

24 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MamaOO: 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2016
lioha:
I never buy anything at all.

my leg the swell baaaad cry, is any one experiencing it?

Mine did. But very early on. I was on a plane from Dubai to Los Angeles which was a 16 hour flight. By the time we got to our destination, my feet plus ankles were swollen times three..... I swear, I'm not kidding. I could not walk at all. That was what actually triggered my suspicion about being pregnant.

The doctor at my OBGYN appt warned me that it's gonna continue. And even get worse as I progress. He told me not to sit around for too long and keep it moving. I suggest you do that too

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello sabi mamas, please help a FTM..
Was tested of malaria, 1+... So the doctor gave me proguanil tablets. .but I'm so scared of taking it..had a miscarriage before. . embarassed
My friend advised I wait till I pass my first trimester before taking the drugs..

Any implications of not taking it?
I'm thinking of yielding to my friend's advice. .

Thanks smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
PresVA:
Was tested of malaria, 1+... So the doctor gave me proguanil tablets. .but I'm so scared of taking it..had a miscarriage before. . embarassed
My friend advised I wait till I pass my first trimester before taking the drugs..

Thanks smiley
I don't mean to scare you further but my doc told me that malaria can cause miscarriage. Google it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
sayoddy:
sugah how your borri? Pls take care of yourself and get well soon o. The Lord is your strength.

ahnie, your sil is melodramatic. It reminds me of my dh cousin who came to visit me with sil when I had miscarriage, It happened that the cousin and I were both pregnant at the same time but I lost mine in April. In June when another missionary journey had started and believing God for this pregnancy, the cousin saw the Pregnacare Max that I only used for one day before the mc happened and she asked me to give her. I said NO. she said I should sell it to her in installment, I said No that I still wanted to use it. She vex, left my house to my mil's to report me and told her 'iyawo yin yen lahun gan o - that your wife is so stingy o'.
Thanks ma, im feeling much better.

That was a very very insensitive thing for your dh's cousin to do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thorpido(m): 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2016
PresVA:

Thanks smiley
Proguanil(paludrine) is considered safe in pregnancy.You should go ahead and use it.
Having plasmodium parasites in the body in pregnancy is a problem of its own.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
PresVA:

Thanks smiley

I had malaria and typhoid in my 5th week. The malaria was treated with quinine 300mg injected into a drip. I asked here and a lot of mamas said its not harmful to take it and it turned out well.
Not treating malaria can cause miscarriage. Treating it with the wrong drugs can also cause miscarriage.
Its best to treat it, but be 100% sure whatever you're given won't harm the baby

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:26pm On Feb 08, 2016
Let's go easy on this in-law issue. It shouldn't cause any division between us. We've always been peaceful since i joined and i love us for that.

One love mamas!!! kiss kiss kiss

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
mompurity2:
@britneystacy, present ma'am. Ms no dey before sha. But I feel wonderful. I have also crossed d 12th week mark. All glory to God in heaven, nobdy waka, nobdy go solo.

I wish all the Feb mama's a swift delivery in Jesus name.

@vannywealth, hope ure okay ma'am?

#teamAugust. Team like no other wink
I'm good dear. I'm just happy my strength is returning in full force. But the frequent hunger pangs no be here o. I get hungry every hour at most 2hrs. And it's not as if I eat fast foods and easy to digest foods. By God's grace I eat quite healthy now. Unlike when morning sickness was troubling my life. If I don't eat early enough it'd be as if I'm going to die. God! cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sugah: 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
On the MIL/DIL/SIL Issue......its hard to find two women living together without issues. Its even harder when the two women are vying for One man's attention.

Im one of the lucky ones grin grin

But not everyone is lucky. But I believe avoiding confrontations especially with MIL is a wise option

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 7:10pm On Feb 08, 2016
Omojudy:
continue resting wella
yes ohh.been doing dt má
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 7:14pm On Feb 08, 2016
Abeg where can I get reasonably priced maternity jeans in lagos? Wanted to buy on Asos.com but the cheapest was £17, they use N402 for conversion, that's almost 7k. Help a sister out.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 7:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
As the honourable class rep of team august 2015 i only decided to port to sept just to ginger d team.beside every one knws we were cool headed n dont make unnecessary noise.
MumZ:
Halos 2 all d bumping mama's, nd congrats 2 dose wey don offload n d new bfps. Uhn looks like team August 2016 go get plenty swag cos dia 2015 counterpart dull us no b small. Even d class rep port 2 Sept. But October 2015 was da bomb, l know say team July no o gree, bt we know say na true.
Ehen In oda news as I c say team August dey ginger wella, let me say, 3rd missionary jorny loading, team August insha Allah. Nd as usual no cravings, No symtops, eating as usual, no bump yet, nobody know say I preggy yet, just a misd period.
Abeg Zaynie allow misspat dust my file, I o fit settle her bill, ur own 2 much. Ok o back 2 ghost mode, happy bumping all.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vannywealth:
I'm good dear. I'm just happy my strength is returning in full force. But the frequent hunger pangs no be here o. I get hungry every hour at most 2hrs. And it's not as if I eat fast foods and easy to digest foods. By God's grace I eat quite healthy now. Unlike when morning sickness was troubling my life. If I don't eat early enough it'd be as if I'm going to die. God! cry cry cry
i'm glad ure better now. At least ure replenishing for the loss during MS.
As for me, my feeding routine hasn't changed. I eat jst twice a day and in normal qty. I feel like nothing much has really changed except for the painful boob tips b4 I suspected a BFP till date, constant headache for days and my growing bump. in all God has been faithful, I give him praise for the success of our pregnancies so far.

@PresVA, I also took paludrine when I tested positive for malaria and i'm perfectly fine. Pls google whateva u are nt sure of for clarification.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thanks so much, I will try walking around and hope it's nothing serious.

MamaOO:

Mine did. But very early on. I was on a plane from Dubai to Los Angeles which was a 16 hour flight. By the time we got to our destination, my feet plus ankles were swollen times three..... I swear, I'm not kidding. I could not walk at all. That was what actually triggered my suspicion about being pregnant.

The doctor at my OBGYN appt warned me that it's gonna continue. And even get worse as I progress. He told me not to sit around for too long and keep it moving. I suggest you do that too

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
On mil/dil/sil issues,pls let's just take it easy so as not to create any rift BTW one another,i think this is a place where many of the mothers can't vent there angers asides dealing with preggy and family issh.
it's nice some got a good mil but some don't have,hence the venting.
I also had some questions to ask but normally refute becos of bashing.
It is well team August, I love u guys and make sure u rock that belly.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
missmalachi:
As the honourable class rep of team august 2015 i only decided to port to sept just to ginger d team.beside every one knws we were cool headed n dont make unnecessary noise.

grin grin grin na so lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
Iyabetajos

How are you and the baby? You are always in my prayers. Can't wait to rejoice with you

Safe delivery to team feb

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by loistee: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
pls mamas in the house I have this issue when ever I eat I always feel heavy and the food don't seems to digest easily, also after eating I always have this big belly bulge, pls is it normal

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
@ faithisallihave , thorpido , mitchyy, mompurity2 : Thanks a lot for your comments. .

Will go ahead and take the drugs. .Google has also confirmed your submissions. .

Thanks again, I appreciate. . smiley

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
ciscaos:
lol. Pls is it that they exempt u from camp activities but u still serve?? Pls I need answers cos I am very confused.
Those days, they were just in camp but didn't do any activities with us. As in jogging, drills, endurance trek and stuffs. Afterwards they were posted to their place of primary assignment (PPA) with us.
I don't know how it is now though.

But I think I read it somewhere that pregnant women and nursing mothers shouldn't be allowed in the camp anymore. I don't know if they implement it though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ciscaos(f): 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2016
Rukemi291:

Those days, they were just in camp but didn't do any activities with us. As in jogging, drills, endurance trek and stuffs. Afterwards they were posted to their place of primary assignment (PPA) with us.

But I think I read it somewhere that pregnant women and nursing mothers shouldn't be allowed in the camp anymore. I don't know if they implement it though.

thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 8:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vannywealth:
Am happy to hear that. Omo, you are not alone on the hunger issue oo... angry embarassed am hungry every 3hours. Now if I don't eat once am hungry, my head turns to a pounding and grinding machine till i eat. Once I wake, I help my self to a plate of cornflakes or fruits if there is any in the house before I make breakfast. But someone doesn t have clothes to wear again ooo cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
Rukemi291:

Yes, you are very right. Pregnant and nursing mother's are not allowed in camp again. Some camps even permit married ladies to leave camp if they don't want to stay...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mubzay(f): 8:39pm On Feb 08, 2016
Good evening mamas, abeg help tourchlite ds matter.
1- am having dry, itching and scaling if I scrath it ish on d areolas arnd d nipple. What could cause it?
2- started feeling pressure arnd my pelvis and feeling like something is about to come out frm my veejay. Is it normal? Am 30 weeks + some days.
Cc: kaffy4bill
Cc: tchiwinnie
Cc: soonest
Cc: zaynie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
favoredgal:
Iyabetajos

How are you and the baby? You are always in my prayers. Can't wait to rejoice with you

Safe delivery to team feb

am fyn maam.stopped working and resting resting resting.Hw r my angels .huggs to them n twale to daddy.tnx dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 8:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
loistee:
pls mamas in the house I have this issue when ever I eat I always feel heavy and the food don't seems to digest easily, also after eating I always have this big belly bulge, pls is it normal

This happens to me sometimes too, you are just feeling bloated. I think the trick is trying not to eat too much at a time and also sip water in between spoonfuls instead of drinking at once. Then once I start feeling like that, I try my best to fart Lol, makes me feel better.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Evacroft: 9:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
mubzay:
Good evening mamas, abeg help tourchlite ds matter.
1- am having dry, itching and scaling if I scrath it ish on d areolas arnd d nipple. What could cause it?
2- started feeling pressure arnd my pelvis and feeling like something is about to come out frm my veejay. Is it normal? Am 30 weeks + some days.
Cc: kaffy4bill
Cc: tchiwinnie
Cc: soonest
Cc: zaynie
Not to scare you,but pls go to the hospital for a scan on cervix,it might not be it, but there's no harm in trying.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 9:03pm On Feb 08, 2016
loistee:

Got this from Google after my first reply, hope it helps other mamas dealing with bloating and indigestion too.

Believe it or not you could actually be adding to your own discomfort just by what you’re eating or what you wear.Here’s a list of the most common causes of bloating and indigestion during pregnancy.

See if you’re guilty of a few of them (or all of them!):
• Eating greasy, fatty, or highly seasoned foods
• Drinking too much caffeine — chocolate, soda, coffee, or other drinks
• Eating big meals
• Eating too fast
• Lying down/not moving much after eating
• Wearing restricting clothing

Sound familiar? Try these tips to help cut back on the bloating:
• Eat several small meals throughout the day
• Pace yourself while eating and drink less during each meal
• Drink water throughout the day and avoid caffeinated drinks
• Try to avoid lying down following a meal. But if you’re totally pooped, at least prop up your upper body with some pillows when you lie down.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 9:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
Please mamas let's put the issue of MIL aside. Thanks

Now let us pray

Heavenly Father we bless your name, we worship your majesty. Thank you for everything you've done for us, also for the things you are yet to do, we say thank you.

We ask for mercy and grace always, cos we know that it's not of him that willeth of runneth it's of the Lord that showeth mercy.

We cover ourselves with the blood of Jesus, we proclaim ur word upon our lives that we will not die, our children won't die and as well as our family members. You will continue to protect and direct our path oh lord.

We cover all the expectant mums with the blood of Jesus. Father none shall have stillbirth, PROM, miscarriage or sudden loss of our babies in Jesus name. We will carry to term and birth healthy, strong, blessed, beautiful babies in Jesus name.

We thank you for our senior mamas, continue to uphold them, their LOs and families in Jesus name. We shall not hear any bad report concerning any one of them in Jesus name

We pray for our fruitful mothers of nations, we know that this year 2016 won't pass them by in Jesus name. Lord we ask that you bless their wombs, put an end to whatever is stopping them from conceiving in Jesus name. May there be abundance of BFP in Jesus name

AMEN AMEN AND AMEN

31 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 9:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Vannywealth:

Welcome to the world of unbearable hunger. I now set alarm for every 2 hrs so i don't forget to eat, else the pain can kill

(1) (2) (3) ... (1159) (1160) (1161) (1162) (1163) (1164) (1165) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.