Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122704 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 2:47pm On May 24, 2016
Madam Zaynie, see me laughing at you in Swahili. ..Omo, to find 2500naira bed no bad at all in this economy o ooo...Have you forgotten that minimum wage is 18,000 only and a bag of rice if 15k now? So if I take out 15k to buy rice wey I go chop after I born, am left with 3k to buy baby bed na angry angry angry... So na im make me dey find 2500naira bed na

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 2:56pm On May 24, 2016
Good afternoon Mamas ooo....
I went just baby clothes shopping ooo. I was so confused on what quantity to get and what sizes precisely. Please 2nd and 3rd time mother's, help a Sis. These labels on these clothes reading 0-3months or 3-months, are they reliable guides to buying ? What I mean is, like the Carter and George products with 0-3months label, will a baby be able to fit into them till that 3months? What was your guide in buying clothes that your baby was able to wear to at least 3-4months? How many pairs of clothes will likely be enough ? What about caps, bips?
Want to avoid buying items I won't get to use my money out ooo and unnecessary spending
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=shawrygal post=45926545][/quote]
shawryghal which kind hospital be that? You went for antenatal plus being overdue and no check was done? OK how much casto oil were you asked to take? As in dosage? And for all how long? What if labour doesn't start are you to continue taking it till it does? Abeg try go do better check o let your baby's heart rate be listened to. Don't forget to take walks! All will be well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 3:05pm On May 24, 2016
sweetlady4real:
Happy new week mamas and papas,

@Britneystacy, how are you doing captain? Don't mind me jare, I thought you are in Lagos. I want to confirm the sex by next week. before going for shopping. I actually have some things already but I still need some. May God help us with the present economic situation of Nigeria. Prices have really gone
#augustmamaforsupernaturalvbacdelivery

I dey here ooo. Thank you for asking. ..Am not in Lagos oo., am in AkwaIbom. Things are cheaper in Lagos than here ooo. Infact if I had some one, would have asked the person to buy something's and send for me. Went baby clothes shopping ooo. Was confused on what to pick. Had to go do gender scan before going back to the market ooo . Finally baby cooperated else I would have picked those fine fine gowns I saw oo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 3:13pm On May 24, 2016
shawrygal:
Good afternoon to you all. I was having problem with my phone . Have passed my due date which was 15th of may. Just came back from ANC and was told to use Castro oil. Am yet to see any show or sign of labour yet . cc: chinwendym, lovinam, zaynie, onegai
Where you examined? Was a pelvic examination done to determine if you can undertake a V.delivery? What is your baby's presentation? What quantity of the castor oil where you asked to take? I usually don't like mother's taking castor oil on their own WITHOUT close by medical monitoring ...cos anything can go wrong.
Please try serious trekking every evening 45mins and above. . Try kpekpusing with DH...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 3:13pm On May 24, 2016
Chinwendym:

I was told to drink the whole bottle at once . Am using govt Health centre. Am a Ftm. I walked long distance everyday and eats pineapples too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawrygal(f): 3:16pm On May 24, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Where you examined? Was a pelvic examination done to determine if you can undertake a V.delivery? What is your baby's presentation? What quantity of the castor oil where you asked to take? I usually don't like mother's taking castor oil on their own WITHOUT close by medical monitoring ...cos anything can go wrong.
Please try serious trekking every evening 45mins and above. . Try kpekpusing with DH...
I did pelvimetry X-ray and the result was ok. The baby is in cephalic position.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 3:27pm On May 24, 2016
missmalachi:

Yes ooooooo.we are waiting for out no 5 teeth n het to tak a step since she stand unaided.

@ proudmom38. ......the mata tire me o.....until i do test am assuming its nt true ooo.
zino has 6...she z gonna b 1 next month...kids differs tho....you need to see my home xpecially my shoe rack[color=#990000][/color] cry cry.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 3:31pm On May 24, 2016
feddy27:

FGGC Abuloma

shocked shocked shocked you are kidding me.
Hail Abuloma, songs of our hope
Fountain of truth and conscience.....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:31pm On May 24, 2016
BritneyStacy:
Good afternoon Mamas ooo....
I went just baby clothes shopping ooo. I was so confused on what quantity to get and what sizes precisely. Please 2nd and 3rd time mother's, help a Sis. These labels on these clothes reading 0-3months or 3-months, are they reliable guides to buying ? What I mean is, like the Carter and George products with 0-3months label, will a baby be able to fit into them till that 3months? What was your guide in buying clothes that your baby was able to wear to at least 3-4months? How many pairs of clothes will likely be enough ? What about caps, bips?
Want to avoid buying items I won't get to use my money out ooo and unnecessary spending

Mum Zaynie recently wrote a guide on this. Let me look for her post and tag you.
I just remembered that the 2500 baby bed i saw was from my teamie @olatebony. Her baby products are unique and quite affordable and you can ask her if she will deliver to your location
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 3:34pm On May 24, 2016
zaynie:
Welcome Teeteek and Ada243, have a healthy and fruitful pregnancy. Amin.

Harmless1, go easy on carbohydrates and sugary drinks esp soft drinks.
Drink lots and lots of water to flush your system and dont hold urine in. Pee as often as you can.

MyEssentialBabyList:
- wipes,diapers: enough for just a month cos gifts dey always yapa.
- baby wardrobe, clothe hanger, laundry basket.
- toiletries. They last very long so one piece is ok for almost like 6/9 months. ( soap, oil, shampoo, mentholatum, eucalyptus oil( for steam inhalation if need be), olive oil( for diaperbum) etc.
- socks, caps, bibs, face towels. You need just a few caps, like 6, cos babies outgrow those tiny caps quickly. Stock up on face towels cos you might end up using like 4 in a day ( it gets lost easily, once it drops you cant use it, your baby may be a typical SpitMaster wink)
- Go easy on shawls, baby wraps. I only got a really cute white shawl for the naming and a pack of 5/6 flannels. You won't wrap them forever.
- If your bathroom is small with lil or no space, ditch the baby bath. I have a bath tub so my baby bath is uselessly sitting of a shelf. The buckets, bowls and baskets are useful tho.
- bottles, breastpump, bottle brush, sterilizers if they will be bottlefed. You can use a small bucket with tight lid in place of sterilizer.
- breast pad/ padded bra, sanitary towels for mommy.
- Clothes till at least 6 months cos some babies grow so fast that by 41 days, they are wearing 3-6 months wears. By clothes; bodysuits, sleepsuits, outing wears.
At home we mainly wear our onesies esp if the weather is hot, sleepsuits are to sleep in or for cold days. The other wears are for outing mainly.
Try to buy a range eg...2pcs of newborn( dont if scan reveals you are carrying orobo), 3 pcs of 0-3months, 6 pcs 3-6months.etc.
- Ditch shoes ( till like they actually start walking, they dont need shoes) esp tight leather shoes. Opt for shoes made from clothes or wool. They mustnt be tight cos that can hinder the growth on their feet.
- For girls: hair accessories, jewelries etc
- Walkers are nice, but you have to be watchful when the kids are on it cos it makes them a lot more accident-prone.
-Infant car seat.

Those up there are my essentials.
- My baby bed is useless. The kids sleep with us.
- My baby bouncer / rocker has no job to do as soon as she starts sitting.
- They outgrew many clothes before they wore them twice. It got to a point, we had to be baffing up everyday sef.

-I was going to buy a playpen, but I childproofed the house so no need to restrict them.
-I tried someone's high chair buh couldnt keep up with the headturning and plateflinging so I stuck with carry and feed style.

Here you go... BritneyStacy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 3:38pm On May 24, 2016
soonest:

OMG!!! Small world shocked

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 3:41pm On May 24, 2016
Happy Birthday @ Amhappy and welcome to veleta, happy bumping.

shawrygal, good to have you back, we missed you loads. Sabi mamas have said plenty things, I guess you need to go back and discuss other means of induction If you are not comfortable with the castor oil, don't know much abt it though. In all, we hope for the best. It will surely end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mymoneygrows(f): 4:00pm On May 24, 2016
Glad to join this family. Im 24 weeks with twins, im having pains on my pelvic bone and i cant find a comfortable position to sleep in. should i be worried?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 4:17pm On May 24, 2016
mymoneygrows:
Glad to join this family. Im 24 weeks with twins, im having pains on my pelvic bone and i cant find a comfortable position to sleep in. should i be worried?

Welcome Iya-ibeji from peeping mode, happy bumping, u can identify your team and pay ur dues. Feel free to mingle. I guess the pain is part of the package and u are carrying multiple.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 4:19pm On May 24, 2016
sugah:
Kicking off #bumpytuesday is Ayomide and his mom. #reppin team September 4 supernatural delivery.

Teamie this your bump big o. But looks very nice.

my 22wk bump. Took it on sunday

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mymoneygrows(f): 4:26pm On May 24, 2016
Gaily04:

Welcome Iya-ibeji from peeping mode, happy bumping, u can identify your team and pay ur dues. Feel free to mingle. I guess the pain is part of the package and u are carrying multiple.

Tanks. Is the pain normal? I cant sleep well, i change my position on bed with difficulty, i camt easily bend or squat which makes doing house chores difficult, i cant walk long distance etc. my babies are in cephalic position, is it their head that is making me feel so sore? some nights, i cant sleep couple with heart burn, i cry while hubby prays and massage. This is my first pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BellaElla(f): 4:28pm On May 24, 2016
soonest:

Mother of science
Home of the arts
We owe you love and reverence grin grin grin
#abubabe#jasminehouse

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 4:32pm On May 24, 2016
mitchyy:

It's allowed. But don't come near our July mamas o, otherwise even mum Zaynie nor go fit hold our fight tongue

Aya make we dey look na...
Kikikikikikikikikikkikikikikiki!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by enkaydewdrop(f): 4:33pm On May 24, 2016
Brownsmoothie:

I av been feeling so weak too, nausea, general body pain, metallic taste , pelvic pain etc.
First trimester symptoms back with full force. ..

Hang in dere dearie....few weeks to go

It is well sis...
God is in total control
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by folash: 4:40pm On May 24, 2016
Rukkington:
Good day mamas,
Congrats to all d mamas dat av put to bed.
So sorry @ Maureenslyvia, accept my condolences and may God give her family d fortitude to bear d loss.

I am from TTC thread and I jez got my bfp. Hope am welcome here
Team February... I hope am not d only one

Mama zaynie, I dunno how things are run here o but am ready to pay my dues
Your post made me come out from my peeping mode. I remember your posts from the gynaecology thread. So glad God has finally done it. I use your testimony as a point of contact for myself and every GTC mothers out there. The Lord that remembered you will remember us all. AMEN

10 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 4:44pm On May 24, 2016
mymoneygrows:

Tanks. Is the pain normal? I cant sleep well, i change my position on bed with difficulty, i camt easily bend or squat which makes doing house chores difficult, i cant walk long distance etc. my babies are in cephalic position, is it their head that is making me feel so sore? some nights, i cant sleep couple with heart burn, i cry while hubby prays and massage. This is my first pregnancy.
Yes, the pain is normal...with a growing bump you will not be able to bend or squat with ease. Seat on a kitchen chair for your house chores whenever possible. The babies head is putting alot of pressure on your pelvis no wonder the pains down there. Hoping you lie on your sides . You can tug a pillow in between your thighs at night to help you sleep well. Kpele. ..hang on there...it will end in praise.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 4:45pm On May 24, 2016
Beyedew, my sister the matter tire me oooo.just the sudden nausea feeling the tiredness is makin me feel so oooo.

Hahahhahah @ Eminya....tiwa is doing great just that she can scattered house for africa. I no b captain yet until nxt week. Beside I no wan port so am nt doing captain. 

@ rukkington... I did captain 2015 n I port ooooo so no captain for me just dat if result turn out positive I won't be paying any dues here as par alumni. 

@ Proudmom38.... till then o

@ mummy zino ahnie.... where is the party taking place o.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 4:46pm On May 24, 2016
eigmaticme:

Teamie this your bump big o. But looks very nice.

my 22wk bump. Took it on sunday
Very portable bump....looking 16weeks sef
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moyingirl: 4:55pm On May 24, 2016
feddy27:
Roll Call for Team October
Welcome on board new members. Please indicate if your name is not on this list
1. feddy27 - Orange / Team PINK 2. Lbotusme - Violet 3. SerendipityF - Purple 4. Gandyluv - Purple 5. Luscioustrish 6. BellaElla - Purple 7. Onyinyechika08 - Purple/Team Blue 8. Mamajesu 9. Ojac1 10. Kwentjules 11. Marcjane 12. nwapastor - Purple 13. Chicmoniq 14. demijevu - Purple 15. blessedchick 16. Moyingirl 17. Teegali - Orange 18. Ugochiada 19. Teeteek - Purple 20. tejirikennedy 21. Emerald22 22. Veleta**Newest member on board**
Pls update this list with your status.
How are we all doing?

Presenty my captain.I'm Orange,baby sex not yet confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 4:56pm On May 24, 2016
BritneyStacy:

Very portable bump....looking 16weeks sef

I have always wanted a small bump.

When I see others say they cant wait for their big bumps I wonder if something is wrong with my mentality
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Moyingirl: 4:57pm On May 24, 2016
[quote author=feddy27 post=45917549]Roll Call for Team October
Welcome on board new members. Please indicate if your name is not on this list
1. feddy27 - Orange / Team PINK 2. Lbotusme - Violet 3. SerendipityF - Purple 4. Gandyluv - Purple 5. Luscioustrish 6. BellaElla - Purple 7. Onyinyechika08 - Purple/Team Blue 8. Mamajesu 9. Ojac1 10. Kwentjules 11. Marcjane 12. nwapastor - Purple 13. Chicmoniq 14. demijevu - Purple 15. blessedchick 16. Moyingirl -Orange 17. Teegali - Orange 18. Ugochiada 19. Teeteek - Purple 20. tejirikennedy 21. Emerald22 22. Veleta**Newest member on board**
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missade(f): 4:58pm On May 24, 2016
Welcome to our new mamas!

Soooo I have been looking forward to when I can show bump too o grin #16wks+
Cc My beautiful Nov mamas

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:02pm On May 24, 2016
mitchyy:

Here you go... BritneyStacy
Thanks for sharing. What I dont know is what she meant by a piece of these body and sleep suits; is a piece a packet containing 3 or 4 clothes or a piece is one individual cloth? What do you think?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:04pm On May 24, 2016
eigmaticme:

I have always wanted a small bump.

When I see others say they cant wait for their big bumps I wonder if something is wrong with my mentality
Nothing is wrong jooor....Your clothes will still fit for some times before you abandon them for maternity wears. ..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 5:07pm On May 24, 2016
shawrygal:
I did pelvimetry X-ray and the result was ok. The baby is in cephalic position.
It's ok then....YOU may want to give it a try then. But don't hesitate to head to the hospital ifyou have any difficulty. ...All the best...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 5:08pm On May 24, 2016
@ britneystacy
When I shop for my baby I only bought bought one set of sleepsuit n body suit of 0-3 others were 3 -6 but I discovered that she ws able to wear some of her 0-3 till 6 month n some 3 -6 did not even size her @ 4months. Now I knw what will fit her irrespective of the size written on it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.