Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122658 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
4real3, a wonderful birth story. Thank God for his gift of life.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Julieni: 3:57pm On Aug 01, 2014
4real3: Hello mamas...

I have always read and never commented but just wanted to share my firstbirth story cos i really enjoyed reading other people's own.

So i was overdue and this also happened with my first so the doctor did membrane sweeping on Saturday and also asked me to drink Castor oil on same day. The pooping was not funny. So i popped all through Saturday and by Sunday morning no contraction at all. By Sunday evening i packed my bag and went to the hospital because the doctor had already said i should come in on Sunday evening in readiness for induction on Monday morning if nothing happens before then.

So got to the hospital and was admitted. While in the hospital i started feeling contractions but they were far apart and this continued all through the night. By 5am they gave me pap and helped me empty my bowel. Then by 6.30am they inserted something in my vagina to induce labour. The pains became serious and regular. By 10.10am my doctor came and checked and i was 4cm dilated. He said he was going to come back in an hour to check progress and give me an epidural if i still wanted it. By 11am the pain was so much that i just kept on begging them for the epidural and they said they were going to call the doctor. By about 11.15 i just had to stand up and wanted to run out of the room then i was just chanting i want epidural and i want to poop. Doctor came and they had to beg me to get back on the bed. Doctor checked and i was already 10cm with baby's head almost there. The bed was set and i was asked to push and 3pushes later i had my baby just before 11.30am.

I thanks God cos it was short and i had very minute tear and my baby weigh 3.6kg.

My first delivery i used epidural and the recovery process was not easy i didn't know what it felt like cos i was not feeling the contractions and my baby was bigger 4.2kg but this one was easier because i didn't labour for long. I was still in shock that the baby was already out.

I wish the pregnant ladies here safe delivery and those TTC God will surely bless you with yours. Cheers.
mmmm, 4real3, what a wonderful bstory... Congrat sis, may God protect n guide your lo, and may your lo be a source of joy to you n your family ijn...cograt once again...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiez2: 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2014
4real thankGod for safe delivery God bless lo . Madam lynda present
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaire: 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
4real3: Hello mamas...

I have always read and never commented but just wanted to share my firstbirth story cos i really enjoyed reading other people's own.

So i was overdue and this also happened with my first so the doctor did membrane sweeping on Saturday and also asked me to drink Castor oil on same day. The pooping was not funny. So i popped all through Saturday and by Sunday morning no contraction at all. By Sunday evening i packed my bag and went to the hospital because the doctor had already said i should come in on Sunday evening in readiness for induction on Monday morning if nothing happens before then.

So got to the hospital and was admitted. While in the hospital i started feeling contractions but they were far apart and this continued all through the night. By 5am they gave me pap and helped me empty my bowel. Then by 6.30am they inserted something in my vagina to induce labour. The pains became serious and regular. By 10.10am my doctor came and checked and i was 4cm dilated. He said he was going to come back in an hour to check progress and give me an epidural if i still wanted it. By 11am the pain was so much that i just kept on begging them for the epidural and they said they were going to call the doctor. By about 11.15 i just had to stand up and wanted to run out of the room then i was just chanting i want epidural and i want to poop. Doctor came and they had to beg me to get back on the bed. Doctor checked and i was already 10cm with baby's head almost there. The bed was set and i was asked to push and 3pushes later i had my baby just before 11.30am.

I thanks God cos it was short and i had very minute tear and my baby weigh 3.6kg.

My first delivery i used epidural and the recovery process was not easy i didn't know what it felt like cos i was not feeling the contractions and my baby was bigger 4.2kg but this one was easier because i didn't labour for long. I was still in shock that the baby was already out.

I wish the pregnant ladies here safe delivery and those TTC God will surely bless you with yours. Cheers.
Congrts dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2014
@4real3 congratulations! God is awesome! Kisses to LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
@4real3 congratulation on ur birth story. @lynda u knw aproko dey sweet to hear.lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chiangel1(f): 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hello Ladies,
It has sure been a while.... i apologize for the long silence. Been so busy with life that i had no time to log on. Well, am an august momma and have 2 weeks to my due date and decided to inform us here, as we all stayed by me throughout the pregnancy period. greetings to everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4real3: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2014
Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rechybabe(f): 5:28pm On Aug 01, 2014
chiangel welcm bck,d lord will see u thru and u will cm bck to share ur testimonies and birth story
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 5:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chiangel may God make it easy for you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
4real, nice birh story
chiangel, it will be easier than u think.
lynda, present x 10000000000000
talk jare
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mummyf(f): 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2014
Present lyndodo!! Yarn gist biko.

Chiangel welcome back. May u deliver with ease.

@oritse and 4real3, congrats on ur delivery.

Doromamas, how body?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by switgoody(f): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2014
Chi angel,it will surely end in praise,we await ur birthstory. @Lynda present
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by atonementchild: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2014
4Real3,congrats on your birth story.
Chiangel,wishing you supernatural child birth,we will all hear your story to rejoice with you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oriste(f): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
Here is my birth story on Saturday I was asked to come in on Monday for induction and cervical swipe cos I alreaddy passed my Edd on getting home I started feeling contraction and I saw blood show then I kept enduring until 10.pm and I left for the hospital getting there I was checked and 2cm dilated and was givinga bed and injection all night I was in pains and in the morningi was still 2cm and my membrane had not ruptured so at about3pm the doctor said he will have to rupture the membrane and give me oxytocin and suddenly My water. Broke and I was given oxytocin and I was no more on this earth due to the pain by 7pm I was screaming I want to poo and with the 2nd push mu prince arrived .

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 8:10pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congratulations oritse, God was really by your side.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dhabeautyjas(f): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
oritse, congrats o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaibeji2(f): 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats to all the new moms and belleful mamas. I'm new on this thread but I read your posts a lot. Pls I have a situation at hand and I need your advice.

I don't mean to spoil the mood in here but I've tried all that's within my power and I'm seriously hoping only in God Almighty for a miracle .

Been ttc for 6yrs. Lost 3pregs in last 1year. All Before 6weeks. Now, last af was 14th June. Positive pg urine test strip at 4weeks but no gestational sac till today (7weeks). Negative blood pt.
The only proofs are elevated basal body temp since after ovulation till now. Stiff/harder/bloated tummy, now obvious when touched. Pregnancy symptoms, missed period, bigger breasts and a traditional midwife insisting the pregnancy is 7weeks. Actually based on LMP, its 7weeks.

Gynea is applying the wait and see approach, cos progesterone seems fine for the basal body temp to remain elevated for s long after ovulation.

Pls has anyone ever heard of such before?

I apologize once again for posting this, just that I know you moms are more experienced, at least some of you were ttc.

Sorry for the long post.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2014
Please did this traditional midwife place you on any drugs prior to this pregnancy? Iyaibeji2
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iyaibeji2(f): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2014
No, just massage with hands.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chiangel1(f): 10:20pm On Aug 01, 2014
thanks moms for the warmth welcome. Congrats to everyone who has received their LO... Its good to see that the thread is still waxing strong.
@iyaibeji, i have heard of a situation like that. It was actually a friend of mine here, i suggested she wait it out too but she went in for a D n C. I suggest u wait and see what happens. Sometimes ultrasounds can be wrong at the early stage. Just pray and be positive. Do not stress.
@ all, any suggestions on trying to induce labor? i am so ready! 38weeks today...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 10:23pm On Aug 01, 2014
Wonderful birth stories from 4real3 & oritse, God bless & keep ur lo for u. Congrats!

Lynda present, I dey kampe. How bori grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2014
@ Iyaibeji2 from doc donatee, its possible cos she may have ovulated later dan normal so d baby may b younger dan counting frm LMP. wait n see approach is d most logical thing. Meanwhile "local midwives" I don't support. Let her continue her prenatals n prayer. And also continue to check her progesterone wen indictated.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2014
Congrats to the new mommies in the house and thanks for sharing. grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 11:17pm On Aug 01, 2014
Hey! Wey donatee?
beeevan: @ Iyaibeji2 from doc donatee, its possible cos she may have ovulated later dan normal so d baby may b younger dan counting frm LMP. wait n see approach is d most logical thing. Meanwhile "local midwives" I don't support. Let her continue her prenatals n prayer. And also continue to check her progesterone wen indictated.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 8:14am On Aug 02, 2014
lovinam: Hey! Wey donatee?

She s been too busy, how body?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by luvissweet2f(f): 8:27am On Aug 02, 2014
@ Iyaibeji2, pls listen 2 ur gynea and wait it out. Something similar to dat happened to me early in my pregnancy. Infact with mine, I was spotting and dia was no gestational sac @ 8weeks (frm LMP-31st Dec). My doc had already booked me 4 a D&C after he concluded dat my preggy was not viable. But I was still having d peggy symptoms like nausea, breast tenderness, & generalised body weakness. I was admitted and placed on drips cos I couldn't even put anything down. I prayed abt it and jst tried 2 relax. On d morning of d next day while I was getting ready 4 a D&C, I remembered dat d pt kept coming out negative until 14 Feb. We quickly went 2 inform d doc and d D&C was cancelled and I was advised 2 wait 2 more weeks 2 confirm d viability of d pregnancy. We waited, and it turned out dat I ovulated late and d scan was showing my LMP 2 be 13th Jan instead of d 31st Dec dat it was. My Edd was increased by 2weeks. Now I'm almost 29weeks gone. Thank God.
Sorry, 4 d long post but also visit dis site: www​.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com/ u'll meet so many women who have/had a similar experience.
And pls pray! It is well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:06am On Aug 02, 2014
Yes o! she still has time to respond to our emails asking questions upon questions. I just love that girl na God go bless am well well. She is God sent to this thread! My dear I full ground o! My lo just de grow and gives the cutest smiles.
beeevan:

She s been too busy, how body?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 9:21am On Aug 02, 2014
Pls stop apologizing for "long post". If its an interesting read nobody minds. If persin no wan read am, jump and pass. Why should one be offended by a long post that has useful information. Peace!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beeevan: 9:52am On Aug 02, 2014
lovinam: Yes o! she still has time to respond to our emails asking questions upon questions. I just love that girl na God go bless am well well. She is God sent to this thread! My dear I full ground o! My lo just de grow and gives the cutest smiles.

A big Amen to that prayer, kisses to your lO kiss.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Otses(f): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2014
LyndaRoyce: Hey what is happening here?
Where are these women
Mamaabike dhabeautyjas dunni291 rukemi291 justwinnie winnie debby donatee otses chocome topsmum phunmielomo beckytunde temicutiez temismith loveangel godsfavored gal favoredgal chifreke beeevann starbuck julieni sayoberry imurboss twinmama kaynee mummyddd mummyf lovinam opeoluwa2 opeolukoya maran1983 kejibabe joy4mi kingskiddie smokey drinky fnorr zemaye.........and lyndaroyce
Make una con ansa present ozugbo!
present o, happy weekend ladies

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ooty and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.