Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8113103 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by runsaway: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
peggygee,

Anxious let us hear from you. How did your dr visit go? How is the LO doing?

Pls drop us an update as soon as you are able to.

It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 3:24pm On Aug 30, 2016
realdentist:

very good point u raised o. I don't know why they don't give LA before suturing episiotomy. as if we're animals

mydreams25:

My thoughts exactly,am praying for a VBAC with this pregnancy and am so determined to ask the doctor in my hospital this particular question. I think they should numb the area but am not experienced in it.

Blessedmum:

I think it depend on hospital, I already asked them at my clinic and they said they do.

portable4real:

Some hospital gave while some did not. most Govt Hospitals and teaching gave LA.

But some private will give silly excuse to convince patient dat if it is given d site will not heal on time and vice versa.

But some mamas still complains of pain with it,, which I think is due to Individual physiological make up and pain threshold.

O my goodness! I've been trying to get my head around it. Someone like me, I'm never going to cooperate! My pain threshold is ZERO ! Even to ripen my cervix, i sent the nurse away after 1st attempt...lol. Subsequently, they had to knock me off to insert the tabs because I cried as though I was bringing down the hospital. Then came epidural and VE was a success all through smiley

Dear mamas, please insist that they numb the area before the suturing. Anesthesia does not affect any healing process. The pain afterwards is enough trauma for you.

To ease episiotomy pains, you can do the following:

1. look for witchhazel spray and use on your pads, it numbs the pain
2. anytime you urinate, use water to spray your jajaina
3. ice packs are very helpful too
4. Personally, the sitz bath is too small for me. I prefer my bath tub filled with hot water and I immense myself inside. I also add epsom salt to the water. some people say kitchen salt does the trick too. This was my absolute pain reliever.

i wonder what kind of stitches dey use that they keep saying water will spoil it undecided

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 3:38pm On Aug 30, 2016
tipsyjules:
Lemme use this opportunity to thank all the mamas here and congrat to the mamas that av dropped their babies .I don't want to mention names so I won't leave out some names out.God bless the day I stumbled on this thread.This thread is really the best aswear.I call it my "GOOGLE" .If not for this thread how I for prepare my mind for VE .Well I had contraction yesterday as the Dr was attending to me during antenatal ,he asked the nurse to rush me to labour ward o ghen ghen!! I started begging him that I don't want to born that I wasn't ready o,and this is me that av praying that I want to port to August o.Wen I got the labour ward, the young Dr say make I comot my pant o,hmmmm I just remembered all the experiences wey mamas here dey share about VE, so I form big girl na, closed my eyes and before I knew it he was done in less than 2mins.Twasnt painful sha just that I was feeling uncomfortable with small pains.I wasn't in labour sha, but baby is coming very soon. As I dey there I was just imagining all the jajaina wey my husband dey see everyday for hospital cry .In other news this is me @ 36 weeks 2days,the other pix is me few weeks before belle.

indeed pregnancy "recreate"beautiful pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Dunni29(f): 3:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
helovesm ;De:
Jumayin

Another clip for you and your hubby

*sips kuku*

You wicked SMALL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 4:04pm On Aug 30, 2016
You mamas are looking good @ PrincessKF and tipsyjules. Pregnancy really fit you guys.
Other mamas that have visible bump come show abeg o. Today is bumpy Tuesday mbok

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 4:05pm On Aug 30, 2016
helovesme:
Jumayin
Another clip for you and your hubby
*sips kuku*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibaPWNUoCLs

Now u got me shivering in fear...Things woman go through! God bless women...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by limsycutey(f): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
feddy27:
Congrats to all the mamas that gave birth! God bless your lil ones.

I'm a bit worried about somethings I hear, pls I need to know! Don't they give anaesthesia before suturing your episiotomies in Nigeria sad

I've heard several people share their bs and said the suturing was more painful than labor shocked

Now this is gross if they don't! Mamas pls clear the air for me. That area should be numbed with a localised anaesthesia at least.

With my first, my cut was sutured without numbing it, it was so damn painful. Thoughtless doctors! So this time I told my doctor specifically and he numbed it with lidocaine before stitching.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lastbornop: 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2016
Good Evening to all Mamas in d house!
I need urgent advice from all sabi mamas. Presently in d Hospital wit a report of big baby FTM (3.9kg) wch mks it diff for baby to drop into pelvis as it seems smaller than baby.
Given an option of CS or induction wch myt still ends in CS as baby seems too big for a FTM.

Irony is ds, av never been scared of child birth, am d tough kindda person and av been dreaming of birthing my baby mysef but wif ds........

I need an advice, can a FTM birth an estimated baby of 3.9kg
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thanks to all the amazing mamas who responded ASAP to my earlier post... U guys are life savers, and to those who read n pass.... Una dohhhh oooooo.

I went to the hospital and doc said I shud go and do a scan so we can check the position of the placenta, I told him I've done 3 scans already o, and I learnt more than 3 is not gud for the baby, he just laughed and said datz not true Oooo. Hmmmm I had to obey na. Went for the scan n was told everything was OK. So I went bck to him, he said if I still see the blood again, I shud come back... Okpari Oooo, no medication no antibiotics as I anticipated o, just thankful that my Lo is okay. Meanwhile the senographer steamed... U have passed ur due date na, ha.. I told her frm my LMP I'm 39wks MA. She said in shud forget abt that o bla bla bla.... This people can confuse somebody ehn.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
lastbornop:
I need urgent advice from all sabi mamas. Presently in d Hospital wit a report of big baby FTM (3.9kg) wch mks it diff for baby to drop into pelvis as it seems smaller than baby.
Given an option of CS or induction wch myt still ends in CS as baby seems too big for a FTM.

Irony is ds, av never been scared of child birth, am d tough kindda person and av been dreaming of birthing my baby mysef but wif ds........

sweetie, opt for CS so you don't av multiple vaginal tears in an attempt to bring out baby. All the best with your decision and God be with you.

waiting to hear the good news and congratulations in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by feddy27: 4:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
limsycutey:

With my first, my cut was sutured without numbing it, it was so damn painful. Thoughtless doctors! So this time I told my doctor specifically and he numbed it with lidocaine before stitching.

exactly, lidocaine should do the trick. Absolute wickedness to suture someone without anesthesia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Liftedhands(f): 4:42pm On Aug 30, 2016
lastbornop:

It's a gamble sis, you could definitely birth a 3.9 via vd! though most hospitals won't allow a FTM to. Induction like you've been rightly told may also end in you having an ECS, so depending on how close you are to your edd you could try some things to help baby descend.

Secondly you said your pelvis is smaller than baby that alone in my opinion seals the deal for an elective Cs! cos no matter what process you try to do to get baby down if your pelvis can't accommodate the size it could lead to many complications if forced to.

May it end in praise for you mama! Awaiting your testimony kiss

Fabmummy amen sis! May God remember your sister and bless her with another pregnancy that will stay in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

Herteenuke26 sorry love abeg vent and rant more o make you no go para for your Ds for house grin don't worry baby go come soon, but did you ask why your baby is measuring 36 instead of 38?

Tipsyjules the mama whose moniker reminds me of ogogoro cheesy you look breathtaking!!!! Lovely pictures.

Make you no just bother your pretty head about all the jajaina your DH sees as a doctor o! They are used to it jare.

Princesskf nurrin do you always and ever looking sweet, tender and beautiful! You are blessed sweetie.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
mydreams25:

Thanks dearie,it is indeed well. I love reading from here because of the joy of hearing that somebody gave birth,it gives me hope that we all will share our joy someday.
Pls i need juniors o,team may start poping in so you can give we team april hope,ttc mummys we await all your testimonies.

I thought I was the only one waiting for juniors o, hopefully they'll pour in by September. Hope you're coping fine with MS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 4:52pm On Aug 30, 2016
iomoge2:

Formost radiology 50 ogunlana drive.
But i prefare this doctor in ikeja alemo50 He is on nl. Will post his link now.....
He will even do a video for u n can put all in a flash or copy to your phone.
5k But if u want doppler 7k5. Just do the 4d.

Pls is this Ikeja Drs 4D scan very clear? How much is it?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Purity77: 4:54pm On Aug 30, 2016
Congrats to all the mamas that have delivered. God bless ur Los
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by runsaway: 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2016
peggygee:
Thanks to all the amazing mamas who responded ASAP to my earlier post... U guys are life savers, and to those who read n pass.... Una dohhhh oooooo.

I went to the hospital and doc said I shud go and do a scan so we can check the position of the placenta, I told him I've done 3 scans already o, and I learnt more than 3 is not gud for the baby, he just laughed and said datz not true Oooo. Hmmmm I had to obey na. Went for the scan n was told everything was OK. So I went bck to him, he said if I still see the blood again, I shud come back... Okpari Oooo, no medication no antibiotics as I anticipated o, just thankful that my Lo is okay. Meanwhile the senographer steamed... U have passed ur due date na, ha.. I told her frm my LMP I'm 39wks MA. She said in shud forget abt that o bla bla bla.... This people can confuse somebody ehn.

Good to hear from you.

You did the best thing by going to see a dr and not just relying on internet advise.

Plus you will sleep with rest of mind tonight grin

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly....

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by peggygee: 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
runsaway:

Good to hear from you.

You did the best thing by going to see a dr and not just relying on internet advise.

Plus you will sleep with rest of mind tonight grin

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly....

Amen Oooo, yes o my dea, I sure will, I was worried sick last night, turned to a prayer warrior over nyt.... Lol. Also I need to rest, wanted to take my leave after birth, but right now, will work till Friday, n proceed on the leave, I can't shout abeg, the heaviness n pains now is unbearable. Thanks once again, I appreciate ur kindness n care
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tipsyjules(f): 5:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Liftedhands:
It's a gamble sis, you could definitely birth a 3.9 via vd! though most hospitals won't allow a FTM to. Induction like you've been rightly told may also end in you having an ECS, so depending on how close you are to your edd you could try some things to help baby descend.

Secondly you said your pelvis is smaller than baby that alone in my opinion seals the deal for an elective Cs! cos no matter what process you try to do to get baby down if your pelvis can't accommodate the size it could lead to many complications if forced to.

Fabmummy amen sis! May God remember your sister and bless her with another pregnancy that will stay in Jesus Mighty Name Amen.

Herteenuke26 sorry love abeg vent and rant more o make you no go para for your Ds for house grin don't worry baby go come soon, but did you ask why your baby is measuring 36 instead of 38?

Tipsyjules the mama whose moniker reminds me of ogogoro cheesy you look breathtaking!!!! Lovely pictures.

Make you no just bother your pretty head about all the jajaina your DH sees as a doctor o! They are used to it jare.

Princesskf nurrin do you always and ever looking sweet, tender and beautiful! You are blessed sweetie.

Thanks o I appreciate. He's always deceiving me with " your jajaina is the most beautiful one " I go just yimu for am.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2016
Pregnancy brain

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2016
JUMAYIN:
A big thank u to everyone that responded to my question.Thanks everyone. God bless
hallo sis! u knw mamas here aren't mind readers&could only reply based on d reason u stated and u knw d comrade spirit on this thread-'injury to one is injury to all'; so d responses despite u feeling they're harsh were all in ur own interest to dissuade u frm going dt route for such reason alone. o ya, sowie u hear
mamas I hail ooo

12 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flodel(f): 5:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
I tire o with my dd I had tear n it took almst 45mins for d doc to finish suturing (She took her tym) I didn't feel any pain @all cos d area ws numbed. So not all hospitals do dt in naija o
feddy27:
Congrats to all the mamas that gave birth! God bless your lil ones.

I'm a bit worried about somethings I hear, pls I need to know! Don't they give anaesthesia before suturing your episiotomies in Nigeria sad

I've heard several people share their bs and said the suturing was more painful than labor shocked

Now this is gross if they don't! Mamas pls clear the air for me. That area should be numbed with a localised anaesthesia at least.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 5:43pm On Aug 30, 2016
Thank God it's nothing serious @ peggygee .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2016
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2016
tipsyjules:
Lemme use this opportunity to thank all the mamas here and congrat to the mamas that av dropped their babies .I don't want to mention names so I won't leave out some names out.God bless the day I stumbled on this thread.This thread is really the best aswear.I call it my "GOOGLE" .If not for this thread how I for prepare my mind for VE .Well I had contraction yesterday as the Dr was attending to me during antenatal ,he asked the nurse to rush me to labour ward o ghen ghen!! I started begging him that I don't want to born that I wasn't ready o,and this is me that av praying that I want to port to August o.Wen I got the labour ward, the young Dr say make I comot my pant o,hmmmm I just remembered all the experiences wey mamas here dey share about VE, so I form big girl na, closed my eyes and before I knew it he was done in less than 2mins.Twasnt painful sha just that I was feeling uncomfortable with small pains.I wasn't in labour sha, but baby is coming very soon. As I dey there I was just imagining all the jajaina wey my husband dey see everyday for hospital cry .In other news this is me @ 36 weeks 2days,the other pix is me few weeks before belle.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ijelex: 5:55pm On Aug 30, 2016
Are we sure say na only one dey inside? We will be 20 weeks tomorrow. #bumpy tuesday

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by agiboma(f): 5:57pm On Aug 30, 2016
Hello Everyone,

So nice to see this thread going strong and providing the sisterly love and support it was created for. The advocating for LA is great its available and should certainly be administered to provide comfort during painful procedures. Stay strong mommy's g-d is your strength!

Lots of love smiley
Agi

45 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by pintoxx(m): 6:00pm On Aug 30, 2016
hormobollar:
Birth Alert

Rejoice with my family, my princess arrived this morning by 3:19am weighing 3:39kg through VD. It's the Lord doing because I was initially booked for CS tomorrow.
BS later

Cc Sugah
Cc runway

Hearty congratulations 2 u n ur family n welcome 2d world princess.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 6:10pm On Aug 30, 2016
Liftedhands:

Thanks mama.... i'm just trying to look tender and beautiful like our senior mummies in the house.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 6:11pm On Aug 30, 2016
Liftedhands:

Thanks mama.... i'm just trying to look tender and beautiful like our senior mummies in the house. How is Ekene bobo?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 6:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
agiboma:
Hello Everyone,

So nice to see this thread going strong and providing the sisterly love and support it was created for. The advocating for LA is great its available and should certainly be administered to provide comfort during painful procedures. Stay strong mommy's g-d is your strength!

Lots of love smiley
Agi
Agiboma! The originator of this thread!!! Wow! So good to hear from u again. we're enjoying what u started o. God bless u plenty mama.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by princessKF(f): 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2016
AmJane:
You mamas are looking good @ PrincessKF and tipsyjules. Pregnancy really fit you guys.
Other mamas that have visible bump come show abeg o. Today is bumpy Tuesday mbok

Thanks ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Team march who is our captain pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2241) (2242) (2243) (2244) (2245) (2246) (2247) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.