Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,623 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8112573 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jamjam5000(f): 6:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
AlphaHandMaiden:

There is nothing much you can do in terms of drugs. Please make sure she is fed often.. more than your normal feeding routine.

A nasal aspirator will help suck out the mucous from her nose and offer some relief.
You can also try to elevate her head when sleeping.. as lying flat can aggravate the effect of the cold on her beeathing. but dont use a pillow. You can fold a blanket or use a book and put under the mattress. Where her head is. Or you can use a book under the front 2 legs of her cot so it is slightly at an angle. (Not too high that it becomes unstable.

If she has a bouncy chair, you may find out she sleeps better on it during the day.

As she is so young, not sure she can use olbas or eucalyptus oil or vapour rub (the ones for babies oh, its milder than the adult one by miles)directly as most will say from 2 or 3 months

If she can' you can either use the ecucolyptus oil/ olbas in her cot, a couple of drops on a cloth and place by her.

If she is being carried, you can place the cloth on you, hook it on your bra strap so it is where she can inhale.

Of you have a good hot water shower, run it so the bathroom fills with steam and sit with her to inhale the steam. What i used to do was take my dd's bouncy chair to the bathroom while i have my bath she will be sat on the bouncy chair on the floor by thr toilet while the bathroom got really steamed up. .

For the cough, just make sure she is well hydrated, either breastfed or formular fed.

It will clear in time.

If you are still worried. Please take her to the hospital for assessment.

Thanks ma'am...

I took her to the ER and was asked to use saline spray and nasal pump.we also did some CPR like suction through her mouth which i was advised to continue doing. Will try using the oils in her bassinet.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 6:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
Evening mamas, pls how important or compulsory is 12months immunization.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by PresVA: 6:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Have you people confirmed if the person who claims to be behind this fadedglory moniker is actually the person?

will be good if someone who knows her offline confirms she's the person..

just saying . . cos a lot of unbelievable stuffs happen on nairaland..

So sorry for your predicament fadedglory. .it's well..

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jamjam5000(f): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
DonaTee:

u have to see a paed. Tylenol wont do anything to cought n runny nose. She may even b having allergies or God forbid respiratory tract infection.
Meanwhile steam n hot bathe will help.
Are u exclusively breastfeeding? If no I presume u giv water.....giv her hot water each times she's drinking...not hot to scald her tongue tho

Thanks DonaTee...

The tylenol was for her dtap vaccine.she takes expressed milk however her pead prescribed peadialyte electrolytes which i have been giving her.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
jamjam5000:

Thanks maam zaynie...

She caught cold cos it's " fall" which is known as flu season and i have been taking her out.
But is it ok to give her the palm oil thingy considering her age n what dose wld u recommend

Ohhhkkk. Now I get.
It's ok to give. I know I gave Atinuke when she was barely 3 months and it worked.
Make a mixture of palmoil and sugar. Not too thick and not too watery.
For the baby just dip your fingers (clean please ) in the mixture and let her suck on it.
The cough should relieve her immediately and stay that way for about 2 hours or she may cough really hard, please be ready to quickly suck out any sputum.
If you see no changes in a day, then you may want to rethink it.
Please do let me know the outcome if it works right or not and kisses to the little one kiss

Also you may want to ease up on taking her out so mucj since you know flu is on right now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
××××××:

I love my husband and from all indications he loves me more but I can NEVER EVER EVER have joint account with any human being.... or build house together..... if he cannot buy land or build house for me.... let him buy or build for himself. I will keep my small money till I can do me.
Even business, I can loan you capital but I want no share in your business. Pay me back my money and go your way in peace. I will use my money and do me.

People change! Even me.

Words on Marble.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Iffffffy:

It's vitamin A. It's quite important but if you won't be able to take it now, you can take it later.

How is Bobo?
Please be very vigilant with him o.
When he is very hot, try to cool him with damp cloth, don't attempt to shower for him.
Also he should always put on hard sole footwear and wear a light jacket except when it is really hot.

Kisses to him abeg kiss kiss
And happy belated birthday too.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by comtem2011: 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
Iffffffy:
I think its 15 months, not 12. That's our next appointment though and with many that I know?

All are important cos from there you will be given immunization certificate which can be requested when your child is ready for school.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
MamaOO:

In Sha Allah, you shall be blessed for this! You've said it all... and to cap it off "PEOPLE CHANGE!!"

Amin!
I have seen it happen too much to not be wary.
Abeg..... I don't want stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
VEE992:
Mamas I am really depressed...I just looked at my stitched site...my tear went close to my anus,not a small one ooo. After urinating the day before yesterday I noticed something sticking out from my vagina...I drew it out,it was stinking, and then my discharge had same smell(2 days before I saw that). After drawing it out,my next discharge had no smell...So today, I looked at my tear site,I could see my red skin,it was as if it was open..I don't know if I can bear another stitching..and funny enough I don't pass gas via my vagina.I am just depressed!. Will it heal on it's own?

Keep doing your Sitz bath.
When you go for your 2 weeks check up the Dr will see
Is there pain? As in unbearable pain?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iffffffy(f): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
zaynie:

It's vitamin A. It's quite important but if you won't be able to take it now, you can take it later.

How is Bobo?
Please be very vigilant with him o.
When he is very hot, try to cool him with damp cloth, don't attempt to shower for him.
Also he should always put on hard sole footwear and wear a light jacket except when it is really hot.

Kisses to him abeg kiss kiss
And happy belated birthday too.
He's doing good now. thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
zaynie:

Keep doing your Sitz bath.
When you go for your 2 weeks check up the Dr will see
Is there pain? As in unbearable pain?

OK dear...no unbearable pain...just that feeling of something went on down there,i gave birth a week and 5 days ago...in fact the pain reduced after that thread fell off
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 20, 2016
Thanks ladies I'm overwhelmed here.
Seems the cat is outta the bag( you mamas are sharp o)

Amen to the prayers! Advice, suggestion noted.

@ hotmomma the space rent is 180k per annum.
I'm buying a fridge
Generator
Stabiliser
Goods
Shelves
Carpentry and electrical works
Etc
I learnt a gram of gold is going for 12k now so I hoping to get a large part of my total cost from its sale, will be heading to those mallams at yaba or cms tomorrow to see how it goes.

Thanks again ladies God bless.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
This is so sad.
How will a man on his right senses with a loving family be sleeping with a LovePeddler unprotected. To me she is a LovePeddler o.
Ehn hen.... please fadedglory, tell ur mum o.
She is your mum n has more experience.
If not your mum, your aunty or even that woman who u know wont take it.
its not ordinary... dont take it ordinary.

U need to go spiritual o.

Its issues like this that make some women winches.... and anybody that wantscto stand against the progress of my child or life is an enemy.

I can seat on motar just to spoil the persons own o.
What rabbish... angry

But seriously dont take this as a small girl.
U married ealry, have a child for him and has been with him for yearssss even if its 2 years....
Stand up for your child.

U can also go legal of u don't want to say na by fire by force...
He must care 4 his child.
Cos tomorrow now that child will look 4 him.
Most stu.pid menh are like dat....they say the children will come back.

I and hubby had a quarrel and he mentioned collecting his child. When he saw that he married a tiger... he said by the way the child will look 4 him.
So imagine d mentality.....
If u suffer finish..they will still reap the benefit.

Dont agree abeg.

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 7:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Please send your acct number to my phone or email.

I will send something as soon as i cash out my next funds.... say 2 weeks.

Its on my signature.
@fadedglory.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 7:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
VEE992:
Mamas I am really depressed...I just looked at my stitched site...my tear went close to my anus,not a small one ooo. After urinating the day before yesterday I noticed something sticking out from my vagina...I drew it out,it was stinking, and then my discharge had same smell(2 days before I saw that). After drawing it out,my next discharge had no smell...So today, I looked at my tear site,I could see my red skin,it was as if it was open..I don't know if I can bear another stitching..and funny enough I don't pass gas via my vagina.I am just depressed!. Will it heal on it's own?
My Dear, I had a third degree tear (tear almost reaching the anus) too. The pain was out of this world . I was very careful about it opening up cos I dreaded restitching .... then one day I did what you did...looked at my vjay in the mirror...I was depresed and ashamed of my body....chai....would I ever return to normal? I had this sensation that something was rubbing in between my legs lik a loosed skin..I went back to be reexamined...this happened 2times before my 6weeks checkup. ...go to be checked. ...that's the only way to allay your fears
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by VEE992(f): 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
BritneyStacy:

My Dear, I had a third degree tear (tear almost reaching the anus) too. The pain was out of this world . I was very careful about it opening up cos I dreaded restitching .... then one day I did what you did...looked at my vjay in the mirror...I was depresed and ashamed of my body....chai....would I ever return to normal? I had this sensation that something was rubbing in between my legs lik a loosed skin..I went back to be reexamined...this happened 2times before my 6weeks checkup. ...go to be checked. ...that's the only way to allay your fears

Where you restitched?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyafife: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
@fadedglory, I bought a gram of gold @15500 last week at yaba, its not 12k, u can sell it higher than that. may God in his infinite mercy stand up 4 u and ur son

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
AbbynHummy:
Pls mothers, is it advisable to buy ok clothes for a new born baby.

If that is what your purse can do... why not?
In this Buhari era? Abeg buy.... but not cap, socks or underwear.
Soak all night with detergent and disinfectant.
Wash gently ( make e for no fade pass as una buy am) and dry under direct sunlight.
Avoid the ones that have fluid stains or too stretched at the neckline and sleeves.
The ones with holes will only get wider.
But if you have the means, abeg buy new ones. Nothing beats that.
Or you can buy a few new ones to mix.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
iomoge2:
Please send your acct number to my phone or email.

I will send something as soon as i cash out my next funds.... say 2 weeks.

Its on my signature.
@fadedglory.

MMM woman grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nobledeals(f): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
Congrats to the mommas dat has dropped seriously wish we can trade places, lol.

Our momma with lo that has cold, I go with the person who adviced on eucalyptus oil, it hs worked for my previous children

Brightening glory rather, I understand your plight, cos I have experienced, seen and hear. A lot are happening to people day in day out. I pray that God Almighty grant you His Favour and Mercy and also guide your steps aright. I believe you can still make amends before it gets out of hand. People that counted years started from days to months. Please be spiritual about it and bring in family members to intervene. It would be more heartbreaking for your mom to find out at a later time that you took all these steps without her consent of which no one prays to raise a child to maturity and later marry her off bearing in mind that it is part of the child's happiness which we have always soughted then it ends just like that.

Please I beg you in the name of our creator, don't belittle any husband's relatives or yours, that is why we had them witness our union.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
iomoge2:

Its issues like this that make some women winches.... and anybody that wantscto stand against the progress of my child or life is an enemy.
I can seat on motar just to spoil the persons own o.
What rabbish
... angry
Iya o!!!!!!!
Remind not to cross you.
And if ever I have..... please forgive my childishness embarassed

I and hubby had a quarrel and he mentioned collecting his child. When he saw that he married a tiger ...
Dont agree abeg.

That is what husby's aunt calls me.... the day we had a mega fight and I show dem my true colour, she just shouted "ahhhhhhh! Tigress lo gbe sile o! Don't fight with her o!!!!! Ahhh!!! "
Till date she dey warn all their womenfolk to avoid going physical with me.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by prettmum(f): 8:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
My Father my Father please heal @glory2glory heart, only you can comfort her right now, fight her unforseen battle, please God, come down from heaven to wipe her tears...... God of Justice please come and advocate for her.

IT IS WELL WITH YOU AND I KNOW GOD WILL NEVER ABANDON those who trust in HIM.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 8:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
Hbd enque and emerald22, wish u many more years.

Congrats @Teetik may God keep ur lovely angels.

Chanbaby am really happy 4 u. God will perfect wat he has started.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytee(f): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
Happy birthday teamie Enque and Emerald22,llnp.God bless you both
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Favouredmom(f): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2016
@ fadedglory, first of all change this moniker to something positive. It's not the end of the world okay? Life happens, sometimes we don't know why or how but we just have to move. Not just because of us but because of people depending on us. Like Zaynie said, people change. Thank God you still have a sane mind and an healthy son to show for the marriage. There's nothing God cannot do, don't give up on reconciliation but for now you need your sanity and good health back.

If you don't mind, I can send a little contribution to you. I'll send you a pm just for that purpose so I can get your account number. Didn't quite catch the account number when you posted it due to time difference here. I would have posted my number here but because of scammers I don't wanna do that.

And to all of us mothers and mothers to be, it's good to trust our husbands and all of that, if joint accounts work for you fine, because the bible says the two shall become one flesh but it's also wise to have something personal in one's name. If your husband can buy something in your name alone just to put your mind at rest, all good or if you can afford to do that on your own, fine. You never can tell what the future holds, our husbands will not die young in Jesus name and all these home destroyers will not have a part in our homes. But pls let's learn from life experiences.

But these men sef after someone has struggled with them. You begin to wonder if it's all worth it undecided

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bussy2rhymes(f): 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Birth Alert

My Prince made a grand entrance this evening at 5:35pm Thank you all for been there for me.
Wish every pregnant woman here safe delivery and all gtc BFP soonest.
cc: Feddy20
Bs later

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
@zaynie, infact ehhhhhh you are truly gifted and such a wise woman. I feel so happy whenever I read ur post; always a show of so much wisdom. I am always sadened when I see women still falling for this same old trick of doing everything jointly without a back up plan. Please lets keep something big enough for ourselves by the side no matter how rosy or lovely things are between us & our dh.

@fadedglory I think I figured out ur real moniker, it is well but truly u need to start serious prayers the kind of mountain of fire prayer . Cos if nothing is done to break the bondage early enough, the bondage is enhanced and fortified the more & ur son's life and destiny could be in danger of evil manipulations. Pls I need ur account details, pls pm me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
zaynie:

MMM woman grin

Yes o.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
zaynie:

Iya o!!!!!!!
Remind not to cross you.

lol. But truly its only 4 my childrens success i will go that far... i remember hearing people say Abiolas mother was behind him hence his success n that she sat on pot. Lol

That is what husby's aunt calls me.... the day we had a mega fight and I show dem my true colour, she just shouted "ahhhhhhh! Tigress lo gbe sile o! Don't fight with her o!!!!! Ahhh!!! "
Till date she dey warn all their womenfolk to avoid going physical with me. yes o. Take no nonsense.

May God help us with wisdom.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 9:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
Iyafife:
@fadedglory, I bought a gram of gold @15500 last week at yaba, its not 12k, u can sell it higher than that. may God in his infinite mercy stand up 4 u and ur son

To buy is 15k to sell is 12k.
She is selling.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Chanbaby: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2016
zaynie:

Iya o!!!!!!!
Remind not to cross you.

Till date she dey warn all their womenfolk to avoid going physical with me.

@iomoge2
U will not kill me with laugh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.