Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8123035 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
Congratulations
mamasy:
Thank u mamas for the well wishes. Here goes my story..

Changed my hospital at 37 weeks. . The hospital ran a test and was positive for diabetes( something I new knew I had).
Was told I won't be allowed to get to 40 weeks and was to come the next day to be induced as it was urgent and baby's heart rate was also dropping. Being a first time mum, I cried my eyes out at my doctors.. All efforts to calm my fears were fruitless.
Fast forward to the next day, I packed my bags and drove to d hospital and was admitted..
Then they started, they used something called catheter (oh boi!, do was painful and uncomfortable ) and inserted to ripen the cervix. 12 hrs later, cytotec was inserted into d vjay, 4 hrs later, d doc inserted another dose.. then I slept off.
woke up around 4pm to cramps I Kdnt explain, complained to the nurses and was told it's normal as labour has started.
Was so excited as I was sure I would hold my baby soon.. then d pain became intense and was wheeled to labour ward..
Hubby came from work to join. I was screaming and wen I was checked at 7pm, was told v only dialated to 2cm and I still v a long way to go(modaarann).then I felt a sound in my tummy do brut anoda pain and was told I just lost my mucus plug. I started crying and using breathing techniques which wasn't working.
Fast forward to 10pm, d midwife checked again and I was only dialated to 3 cm again.. Then I knew I was in for it. I started begin for cs to help reduce d pain.... begged for pain relief and d midwife gave me ppm injection, I was so mad and said tins I Kdnt remember to her.then I weeded on d bed and was informed my water was leaking.
Past 11pm, I needed to poo, told d nurses, nd was told not to try it so won't rupture membranes, I tried to hold back but it kept coming. I couldn't care less anymore, I so over pooed on d bed I rubbed d poo on hubby's shirt.. then they had to call d doc to come and get my cs ready.
Ws about gettin my injection for the cs,Was so uncomfortable, I had to stand from d bed and squat. As I stood, noticed I couldn't close my legs and told d nurse, she asked me to lie to check... she screamed and told me it's d babies head. And asked me to push..With 2 pushes, my princess came out at 11:25 weighing 3.01kg. labour lasted about 8hrs
Thank you jesus

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blacqueen(f): 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Mothers in the house, pls come to my aid....av bin having serious abdominal pain for the past a month now. an in my 1st trimester. Doc gave me pcm d 1st time. I went back again wen dere was no improvement. He gave me diazepam to be taken @night for 3days...but d pain still persist after the 3 days...wat can I do to relieve this pain. It is getting unbearable for me. Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by julicoka(f): 6:16am On Oct 24, 2014
Good morning my dear one taking pregnancy care (pregnatone) with frisomum is it good
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 10:01am On Oct 24, 2014
Thanks tchiwinnie. I tried the lemon water + honey and it worked wonders. I'll go for the malaria test but someone suggested paludrine. Don't know if anyone has taken it before.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:22am On Oct 24, 2014
Preshila:

Babes, joo, where this place be? I don born but i never buy finish, so where the place make I go sniff out...

This is their number 08169844442. She should be able to describe well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:29am On Oct 24, 2014
maran1983:

Please describe from barracks bus stop for me. Thanks.
From barracks under bridge(facing stadium), you will see okada people by the side. Tell the bike man u are going to Randle (new) it's just 50naira. Then call her number to come out 08169844442. Sorry for responding late.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:31am On Oct 24, 2014
temmy2103:

Thanx, can u describe from okota? I know hw to gt to ojuelegba though

Describing the place from okota go hard o but you can call this number so that she can describe for you 08169844442. Sorry for the late response.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 10:34am On Oct 24, 2014
tchiwinnie:
frm arnd okota
Morning, dnt know how to describe from okota o but I tried to get owners number 08169844442. She should be able to direct you well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoberry(f): 10:48am On Oct 24, 2014
grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
MGeey:
@ mamasy, congratulations.

Hello Mamas, i have a question. I'm 8 wks pregnant and had to go to the hospital today because i was having fever and cough. The doctor prescribed fansidar for malaria (though no test was carried out) and benylin with codeine for the cough. Though i rejected the fansidar, he insisted.

Please who has had to treat malaria in the first trimester? what drug did you use? the little research v done on Google says fansidar is not safe during pregnancy.

PLEASE do a test ooooo! if you read d fansidar leaflet, it says from 2nd trimester. was it an Obstetric doc u saw? Some of ds docs r ITKs, don't let anyone use u for experiment. i tested + for malaria in 1st trimester& d medicine I was given was to control it. got treated much later in 2nd trimester.

Congrats mamasy, ur birth story is really interesting. couldn't help laughing at pooping and rubbing it on ur DHs shirt cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=meme5 post=27393451][/quote]

don't be scared. just limit ur diet to lots of vegs & fruits as lovinam suggested. & stay active. though som ppl say all dat duznt follow dat its genetics dat determines d weight.. be encouraged, chifreke pushed out a baby weighing over 5kg. God is ur muscle *hugs*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
lovinam:
My dear, pls work very hard o. Don't be like me that crave agege bread at that stage.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I ate all manner of things too
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
julicoka:
Good morning my dear one taking pregnancy care (pregnatone) with frisomum is it good

yes it is. I took frisomum & pregnacare plus.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
MGeey:
Thanks tchiwinnie. I tried the lemon water + honey and it worked wonders. I'll go for the malaria test but someone suggested paludrine. Don't know if anyone has taken it before.
that's d drug I took. One daily. but still do d test first.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
blacqueen:
Mothers in the house, pls come to my aid....av bin having serious abdominal pain for the past a month now. an in my 1st trimester. Doc gave me pcm d 1st time. I went back again wen dere was no improvement. He gave me diazepam to be taken @night for 3days...but d pain still persist after the 3 days...wat can I do to relieve this pain. It is getting unbearable for me. Thanks in advance.
pele.. experienced moms will answer you soon. I suggest you do a scan and get a second opinion from another obstetric doctor. it's well.

aminatl2:
Read this story and I was laughing and crying at the same time. Thank God for you and congratulations.
Been married and ttc for a year and a half and I'm so frustrated right now. Myself and hubby av been diagnosed so far as ok. Just pray this delay will be over soon. When family members who haven't seen me in a long time see me the first place they look at is my tummy and then they put on this puzzled expression. A few weeks back, one old woman even went as far as asking me what my hubby and I are still waiting for. As if we choose to be without child till now.
Anyway, I will be back soonest to share our testimony in Jesus' name.
amen sister. God is too faithful to fail.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vickilafab(f): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
sayoberry:
my back and one leg is failing me already. im beginning to get home ridden. at this rate by the time im 8 months ill be completely home ridden. sometimes it aches so much that i cry really hard. its hard for me to walk around the house and sometimes when i decide to take small strolls i whimper when walking and people will be wondering if im due already nd just walking round to gear up for labour. but its all good. the lord that gave me this good gift will make it a lot easier for me *wipes tear*
*looks around*
can i have a bar of chocolate now?
aaaahhh pele iya ibeji... God forbid home ridden tinz o. for sure, God certainly knows u can handle it & certainly will make it much easier- just ask Him. *big hug* & here's ur chocolate tongue it's cadbury's wholenut..hope u like

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mumyroyal: 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Good afternoon blessed mamas
i dont even knw whr to start From bt summary is i saw blood dis mrning after i went to pee little afterwards i started havin waiste pain Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ was bad.called hubby he adviced we go for a scan been dat am 5weeks d sac will βε there to show if baby is still intact,went for scan nd was told my womb showed i was pregnant b4 but now they cant see anything and that i can repeat the scan in 2weeks time.didnt knw what to do i jus went home and slept off.woke up now to pee and still bleeding.
Any assistance will βε well appreciated!
It is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
MGeey:
good to kno u re better. paludrine s safe. bt pls do d test first. b4, u tk any med read thru d leaflet to confirm safety in pregnancy. all d best dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
mumyroyal:
i dont even knw whr to start From bt summary is i saw blood dis mrning after i went to pee little afterwards i started havin waiste pain Ȋ̝̊̅†̥ was bad.called hubby he adviced we go for a scan been dat am 5weeks d sac will βε there to show if baby is still intact,went for scan nd was told my womb showed i was pregnant b4 but now they cant see anything and that i can repeat the scan in 2weeks time.didnt knw what to do i jus went home and slept off.woke up now to pee and still bleeding.
It is well.

My dear, please you need to be strong, the one that would stay will surely come. Don't loose hope most miscarriage at that stage is usually due to hormonal imbalance or so. Don't be disheartened, it is well.

@ Sayoberry, kpele dear,everything will soon come to an end when you hold your babies in your arms,God will make it easy for u. Sufry sufry dey chop chocolate oo abeg kiss

@mamasy, this is birth story is very hilarious esp. at rubbing poo on dh's shirt grin i can't stop laughing! God bless ur princess

@Aminatl2, ur testimony will soon come. Just hang in there,It is well!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
beedam:

Morning, dnt know how to describe from okota o but I tried to get owners number 08169844442. She should be able to direct you well.
so whr can u direct frm. whr do u stay?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by imurboss: 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
All the pushing mamas, how's the pushing o..

I've been nervous since morning, went for an interview today & was interviewed by 2ladies, thought they would notice my growing bump o but i doubt they did. Will i ever be considered if they know i'm preggy,i'm just tired and curious at the same time.Abeg make una put me for prayer o,it is well!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
mumyroyal:
It is well.
is d bleeding really much? or drops. plenty bedrest for nw, no kpekusing too. be strong dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
sayoberry:
my back and one leg is failing me already. im beginning to get home ridden. at this rate by the time im 8 months ill be completely home ridden. sometimes it aches so much that i cry really hard. its hard for me to walk around the house and sometimes when i decide to take small strolls i whimper when walking and people will be wondering if im due already nd just walking round to gear up for labour. but its all good. the lord that gave me this good gift will make it a lot easier for me *wipes tear*
*looks around*
can i have a bar of chocolate now?
pele dear. twin pregnancy no b small smthg @ all. May God gv u d strenght to carry on.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
julicoka:
its very good. add calcium too cos pregnacare does nt contain calcium.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
aminatl2:
Read this story and I was laughing and crying at the same time. Thank God for you and congratulations.
Been married and ttc for a year and a half and I'm so frustrated right now. Myself and hubby av been diagnosed so far as ok. Just pray this delay will be over soon. When family members who haven't seen me in a long time see me the first place they look at is my tummy and then they put on this puzzled expression. A few weeks back, one old woman even went as far as asking me what my hubby and I are still waiting for. As if we choose to be without child till now.
Anyway, I will be back soonest to share our testimony in Jesus' name.
Amen dear! May God answer u and oda ttc mamas. Awaiting ur testimony.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
blacqueen:
pls do a scan. are u also bleeding? do a scan ASAP.Its well wt u dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olaoyekemi(f): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Good afternoon mamas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mytestimony: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
@Beedam after it took me long to convince hubby about shoppingon simply infants they are falling my hand o.after making payment they are now telling me they dont have the colour of the bed I chose. That I will have to add over 5k to get another or they could refund me back the money I dunno what to do gaskiya
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
@vickilafab, @imurboss and @tchiwinnie, thanks a lot.
It is well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mamas in the house, pls can one take pregnacare, folic acid and ferrus together?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 6:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
blacqueen:

Am also in my 1st trimester and remember I had such pains for like a week or so and became scared thinking I was about losing my baby. when I browsed the net I read that some women experience it during their 1st trimester. Not withstanding you can still go for scan to avoid had I known. Are you seeing blood?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olaoyekemi(f): 8:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
Am also in my 1st trimester&am also feeling d pain once in a while bt wen i complained I was told is normal dat am experiencing dat bcus d baby is still forming
lioha:

Am also in my 1st trimester and remember I had such pains for like a week or so and became scared thinking I was about losing my baby. when I browsed the net I read that some women experience it during their 1st trimester. Not withstanding you can still go for scan to avoid had I known. Are you seeing blood?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.