Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,151 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8112001 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 8:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
@Nicoleswizzi, happy honeymooning, but Abeg wey our jollof rice and cake? grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
khalessi so sorry.God will surprise you very soon

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
phundek:
Gave birth dis aftn,thru cs.thnk God.baby girl
.still weak.lata
Congrats dearie, God bless your LO!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
Take heart Khaleesi, Trust dat GOD will definitely replace dis loss.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 8:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=stephmiracle post=51657957][/quote]
Massive congrats dearie, God bless your LO!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 9:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
goodevening mama's and how are we all doing. i have been away becos my phone is bad. i'm i the only experiencing this? i cry at every little thing' i try my best not to think of anything' i'm still going for trEatment for my ear. the money i have spent for my ear, is just paining me, i had to use the money i kept aside for my delivery to upset some debts i am owing' dunno what to do now, still looking for money to shop for baby things' and for the hospital delivery fee, dnt even knw how to get the money nw..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lilybestie(f): 9:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
khalessi God will wipe ur tears and give u double for ur loss. it is well my sister. next year will be ur year of good news.

congrats to new mamas.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LadyMessi(f): 9:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=stephmiracle post=51566884][/quote]
My Dear it's not easy but with God everything is possible.

Big Ameeeeeeeeeeeeen to your prayers

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 9:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good evening mamas

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tetwa2: 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hello house member

Please what do i use; am 6 weeks gone but feel tired; have this bitter taste in the mouth; and feel dizzy at times; i only use supplements which contains vitamins b12 and folic acids; please advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lilybestie(f): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
my testimony.

I delivered 10weeks ago via vd with a tear. I was stitched up and told not to do a sitz bath that the stitches will fall off on its own. fast forward to four weeks postpartum I have not seen any loose thread or something like that. and the place is still a little bit swollen. I start doing a warm sitz bath and the swell disappeared and I saw a thread on my undies. I was happy.

I looked at the place in the mirror only to discover that the stitches at the middle has loosen but the both end is still intact. that was the time that tipsyjules shared her experience. I was scared of restiching. I started praying for a miracle. I didn't want to post it here cos I believed that I will be advice to get a restitch. I turned prayer warrior but deep down I thought I was deceiving myself that it was impossible.

I complained to my mom's friend who was a midwife and she said that since the end was intact and the loosed one is not that big, I should be sitting with my leg tightly closed and on a hard surface like wooden chair. that it will close on its own. she said that the stitch is not suppose to fall of that it will heal with my body. that i was stitched with the type of thread used for the inner layer of the skin. so I start doing it. but my doubting spirit did not let me continue. in fact I am not used to it(sitting with my leg tightly closed. but I did sit on a wooden chair). so today I made up my mind to go to the hospital for a restitch. I decided to look at the place in the mirror and lo and behold it has closed. it look like the rest. perfectly healed. pls rejoice with me. I know it i s hilarious but thank God with me.

40 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by khaleesi(f): 10:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thanks everyone for your kind words and Amen to all of your prayers. God knows best. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MumZ(f): 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mamas
I didn't want to bring this here but it's gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore. Pls how do you deal with an inlaw who does not help out around the house?

NOTE: he is one year older than me
Since he cannot use his church mind 2 know dat he is spose 2 assist around d house, den I leave it 2 hubby 2 talk 2 him. If he dsnt, I do d one I can n leave d rest. As long as nobody complain dat I'm not doing it, den no wahala, bt ny frowning of face den my red eyes o show. I always leave in laws matters 2 hubby 2 handle. Pele dear, don't allow nyone give u any unnesassary stress abeg. At least he can c u r heavily pregnant, so he shld not b told 2 assist even if he is older dan u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 11:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
firstpregnancy:

don't pass me by o pls
It will be a whole lot easier if you can provide the following.

1- An estimated price range
2- preferred location(mainland or island)
3- Number of rooms
4- Estate gated community or open area.

In your previous post you said you stay at meran?
Are you willing to move to any part of lagos or want a place within that axis?

I stay in lekki and only very familiar with the real estate of this place if you don't mind lekki let me know so I can give you some contacts of home agents in this area.

Or you can try TROVIT HOMES, MITULA HOMES, CARI.COM HOMES, TOLET.NG HOMES.

This agencis operate all over lagos and nigeria.
Most of them have apps that you can download and enter your requirements, they will contact you as soon as what you requested for becomes available.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 11:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mamas
I didn't want to bring this here but it's gotten to the point where I can't take it anymore. Pls how do you deal with an inlaw who does not help out around the house?

Teamy i think it depends on how close n comfortable u guys are with eachoda, if d relationship is gud, ask him to, as frends like "come help me do dis while i do dat" or "am feeling sick can u help wit this for 2day" u do dat everyday, gradually d message will sink in 4 d wise, and always do it in ur dh's presence. But if u tell ur hubby 2 talk, u may sound like u are complaining n he might evn shock u by his reaction 2 d issue, just free ur mind towards ur inlaw as if its a normal tin 4 u 2 do.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firstpregnancy: 12:21am On Dec 06, 2016
Coldfeet:
It will be a whole lot easier if you can provide the following.

3- Number of rooms
4- Estate gated community or open area.

In your previous post you said you stay at meran?
Are you willing to move to any part of lagos or want a place within that axis?

I stay in lekki and only very familiar with the real estate of this place if you don't mind lekki let me know so I can give you some contacts of home agents in this area.

Or you can try TROVIT HOMES, MITULA HOMES, CARI.COM HOMES, TOLET.NG HOMES.

This agencis operate all over lagos and nigeria.
Most of them have apps that you can download and enter your requirements, they will contact you as soon as what you requested for becomes available.

Thanks for your help ma.

#150 at most ( what we can afford)
mainland or any
3- Number of rooms
: just a room and palour apartment
4- Estate gated community or open area : any

Any part of Lagos will be fine BGG
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2016
#teamjanuaryforsupernaturaldelivery
#teamnewyearnewmum

ConvenantBabies i can see u peeping, come out joor n sama us wit greetings, togeda wit ur edd n baby gender.

The only night captain is back! grin How have we been? Me am so much enjoying dis harmattan weather o, dts y i like december to February.

So most of us, if not all shud be having doctors visit every two weeks. Wow! We are almost dere o, its not easy. I just want 2 bless God for our lives n that of our los throughout this period. Thnk u Lord. There hasnt been any loss, none cast dia young among us, infact dis is a team were many who hv had previous disappointments n frustration in getting or staying pregnant found favour, thnk u Lord. You have kept us till the end of this year n we will see the beginning of nxt year each rejoicing with our bundles of joy. I bless ur name o Lord. Receive all glory and adoration in Jesus name. Amen

Starting from January first, team Jan will take over prayer Monday o, so be prepared, everyone must participate untill we all born n handover. N pls giv ur edd n baby gender if u have known. Tho i must say i like the cooperation in my team so far, God will bless you all.

Preggy discomforts dis last lap plenty o, i havnt gone 2 d loo well for days now. Lo dat used 2 help kick my bowels anytime am sitting on d t**let seat so it comes out doesnt send again o, so i guess oyo 4 me. One side of my belly button js started hurting again evn tho my gynae sed its nothing, just uterus expanding n Braxton hicks, hm ok oo. N i think lo has turned at last, cos d pressure down dere is immense n he keeps pushing out his but n always wanting me 2 touch him (how cute), so waddling is now fully established, going 4 scan nxt week. Pls share ur experiences

Congrats to all mamas that hv put 2 bed n may God visit our ATC mums, dis year is not over 4 u untill God visits u. *sprinkling baby dust*. May God give d rest of us the grace 2 continue and deliver safely in Jesus name, amen.

ROLL CALL

Sixx 25th, its a BOY
Rukkington 27th, its a GIRL
ConvenantBabies
Flodel 19th, its a BOY
Mzora 27th, its a BOY
Kemesty 7th
Dunni29 13th/15th
Jazzyjazz 14th/18th, its a BOY
Freshtestimony 2nd/6th/11th, its a BOY
Tinutunde 5th, its a BOY
Bulunton
Oomiyale 13th, its a BOY
Cheeketo 27th, its a GIRL
Nifeseun
Atinuketuna1 1st/3rd/7th
BeeBlossoms 28th, its a BOY
Amypearl 1st/5th/7th, its a BOY
Marimaar
Ijelex 18th, its a BOY
CharmyBliz 18th
Joyurpreh 27th, its a GIRL and a GIRL
Juliao
Rieme26 22nd, its a GIRL

New members are still welcome, just cc me with ur baby gender n edd.
All these our silent members ba.... Continue... MARIMAAR, JULIAO, JOYURPREH (mama twins), RIEME26, CONVENANTBABIES, ok oo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kittana: 12:53am On Dec 06, 2016
spiceeamiee:
Chai. I will definitely do this. Thank you all for the sound words of wisdom. It is much appreciated.

In fact, I stopped talking to my supposed close pal becos of something like that and we didn't speak in almost 3years until one small fake facebook hailing from her, a few months back. I'll tell you the long story. She was the one telling me at the time through bbm chat that she was always dizzy and hungry and what not...Perhaps, she was expecting me to be dumb by force idk, but I suggested she could be pregnant and asked if she's taken a test. The yeye girl just paused for like five minutes and went on to asking after my mother. Mscheww. I boned at the time tho and posted one smiling smiley for her. We kind of grew apart from then. She stopped starting up chats with me, neither did I with her -before she'll think I'm prying for info and then months later, I saw the pics of her twins as DP. Being the good girl I really am, I called her immediately to congratulate her and she went again "yooouuu, I can't believe you're only just calling me after 5days of giving birth." I was like shuuu, it's because I'm only just seeing the pic and that I wasn't even aware she was pregnant in the first place and she ended the convo by telling me she'll wait to find out if I'll share such info with her when I'm pregnant. Told her not to bother waiting because I can't extend such courtesy to someone who doesn't consider me deserving the same and she prolly thought I was joking. Weeks, not even months later after my marriage, this babe began asking me "e don enter, e don enter", as tho she was deliberately trying to incite me. And I did give it to her. Not angrily or rudely per say, but I was like, I'm not sure why you want to know about my pregnancy oo, especially as you kept details about yours to yourself. That was all that made her start foaming at the mouth. Said all sorts of rubbish...started posting stupid PMs like "thank God all my friends that just got married are now pregnant..." And blahs like dat. When she'd exhausted her stupidity, only her excused herself from my BBM.
So it was until a few months back when I posted a pic after a long while on FB, that she went; Heyyy, where have you been?!! With plenty exclamation marks like that. SMH. End Of gist jare.

Anyway, your own nor too bad like her own, atleast you acknowledge that you may have hurt her and are trying to reach out...but your choice of way to break the news get as e be sef. Most people do not have to be pregnant to know about pregnacare so you could have still kept the info to your self and hubby and prolly tell her later that you didn't find out about it on time. The way you broke it just seemed like quelling her excitement because afterall, you're also pregnant.

Anyway, you may tell her you didn't want her more upset than she was on the day she was complaining about seeing her period. If she be better person like me tongue , she go move on too.

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 1:12am On Dec 06, 2016
@khaleesi dear, sorry for your loss, God will double ur blessing nxt time, soon u will come back 2 testify. *hugs*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 5:17am On Dec 06, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mamas

. Age had nothing to do with it. If you are uncomfortable, talk to your dh about it. You can't be eating and doing nothing in my house. Dh younger brother tried it with me and dh showed him the back door. It all depends on your relationship with your in-laws cuz some of them comes with trouble.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 06, 2016
Hian! But he eats breakfast, brunch, lunch & dinner. Talk to hubby to speak to him nau! Well as for me o! I go send am whenever I feel like close or not. My hubby know say I sabi send person message older or younger sef. He jokingly says his siblings will not come make I no use message finish dem say make I call my own but my siblings know me so dem no wan come said they will Skype me when I give birth. Lol
jazzyjazz:
Good evening mamas

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 06, 2016
At that price, you won't get on the island nau! But mainland, you will get in some parts in Orile, Ejigbo, Ikotun, Igando, Iba-estate, Igboelerin(180k for 2bedroom sef) Okokomaiko, quote author=firstpregnancy post=51671444]

Thanks for your help ma.

#150 at most ( what we can afford)
mainland or any
3- Number of rooms
: just a room and palour apartment
4- Estate gated community or open area : any

[/quote]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemesty(f): 7:10am On Dec 06, 2016
Good morning teamies. Team January. I always follow updates but too lazy or busy to type. Congratulations to mamas who have put to bed their lil cuties mydeporch, phundek. You will continually celebrate your children.
Cappo sixx, present ma, you are really trying and upholding the cappoship. God bless you. I am in my 36th week , everything's fine. Tiredness is my new name. Kicks are like jabs and elbowing now as it looks stuffed in there. What about the jajaina squashing, let's not go there. I often times run to the restroom to find out if the jajaina is still in place or it has dislocated. Lol

Jazzyjazz, happy birthday to your hubby. Better late than never. He will enjoy his years in bliss, prosperity, good health and long life. Pls for your inlaw, the marital journey is very long. I know it's hard but see and treat him as a brother. Love superceeds and conquers all. Remove animosity of any kind and love genuinely. Ask him to carry out some tasks. Why not? With respect, and love.
He will happily help out. Most male children because of upbringing know nada about domestic chores and see it as nothing without anything in their mind. Pls specifically ask him to help sweep or do anything for you. Tell him jokingly, he can't be an uncle without working for it, gist with him but no over familiarity.
As women plus pregnancy, skoin skoin happens in our head most times, as such times, excuse yourself, leave chores , JUST GO TO SLEEP.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nana228(f): 7:15am On Dec 06, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kemesty(f): 7:16am On Dec 06, 2016
@ khaleesi, what a touching epistle! Don't worry, in celebratory manner, you will type your birthstory and people with write congratulatory messages to you.
Is it not God again, you will born tire and ask of appropriate birth control method. You are blessed already.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:25am On Dec 06, 2016
Cc

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SisiNini(f): 7:26am On Dec 06, 2016
@ jazzyjazz

It is your dh that should speak to him about it... If nothing changes, do the one you can do and leave the rest... That's the way to go...

When we jux got married my BIL (a corper) that lives with us jokingly told us that it is not his duty to put water in the fridge... He will never say that again because my dh told him that he must be very stupid to utter such statement... In short, dh designated house chores to him... He puts water in the fridge everyday, empties the waste basket and washes d dishes ocassionally...

After that incident, he tested me personally, he didn't know we've been good cos he has never over-stepped his boundary... He was gisting with me in the kitchen and he said he does not like entering the kitchen at all... I asked him immediately, but you like eating? That was the end of the conversation.

Remember not to stress yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:34am On Dec 06, 2016
My

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:35am On Dec 06, 2016
Cc soonest

nana228:
Mamas, doctors and every other person in the house, please epp a sister. I stumbled on this thread from Google search. I am 7 weeks pregnant and I have been treating malaria and typhoid since October before conception. It was the same with my first.

The thing now is that I was prescribed artemether 2 weeks ago, I vehemently refused chloroquine because it itches me no matter what you combine it with. I was feeling ill again, it is different from morning sickness so I went back and it was the same story. The malaria is +1. They are treating the typhoid with Amoxil. The doctor prescribed chloroquine again saying it was the safest alternative at this time.

A pharmacist in the hospital heard me rejecting the chloroquine and he advised I get camoquine. My sister-in-law called and advised same. The thing is I ran a search on camoquine and there's a thread on nairaland about the side effects and they are scary.

What do I do because I'm still feeling unwell and I know it's the malaria.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 7:37am On Dec 06, 2016
I've
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jamjam5000(f): 7:53am On Dec 06, 2016
Favouredmom:

Seems like something I did some days back

Laughing out really loud at naija style

Those midwives "tired" for me

Lesson: Never mess with a naija mother

Share please...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BlossomedCherry: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2016
firstpregnancy:

Thanks for your help ma.

1- An estimated price range #150 at most ( what we can afford) 2- preferred location(mainland or island) mainland or any 3- Number of rooms : just a room and palour apartment 4- Estate gated community or open area : any

(1) (2) (3) ... (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.