Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8122239 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by juliao: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=oomiyale post=51682819][/quote]

My sister don't let it bother u, I am also going tru same thing bt I am not on any bed rest but on medications to bring it down.. was ur urine checked For protein? just take it all to God in prayers.. I believe He will not let us down.. we shall carry to term.. jus wondering how one's bp will be at this level and no symptoms..I asked d doctor so many questions that day ehn.. jus listen to ur doctors and do all dat is necessary.. it will all end in praise
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nana228(f): 3:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Babyadorable(f): 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=Odunma post=51572458][/quote]tnk u all my teamies u guys r luvly,wen MIA cos my FI ws dwn n passd on burial agreement n all of dat plus fone went bad.but am back n better d cappo of march.tnk u 2 my assitance grin realdentis u r wonderful luv u plenty.my list is on d increase.will login frm time 2 time n will b on properly after burial.mis u all.dat reminds mi I don't kn d diff btw kick n movement o.tho I feel sm tins in my tommy sha so sm1 should explain 2 mi lol.tnks once again my pipo.Gods protecion nw n alwayz
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mofy1(f): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2016
khaleesi:
I lost my baby at 12 weeks. The most traumatic experience in my life. I still wonder why it happened. On sunday 27th Nov, I got a message from baby centre..you are 12 weeks today it reads, chances of a miscarriage are very low now.
@khaleesi it is well. Just take it that God knows what is best for us. Sometimes to us it might seems like a punishment but I tell u it is actually a blessing in disguise which you might not know but he who make that life(soul) in you possible knows it all. Doctors may blame it on stress or whatever but there are pple who pass through more stress daily without having any complications and scan can even prove it to be this or that but it is only God that has the final and best scan result. So my dear let's leave it for God and be grateful. For the word of God says if u are grateful,I will increase u and give u more more more......Insha Allah when hansel is coming he won't come alone. He will surely come with a sister or a brother.(Double is ur portion)

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 4:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kloness:
]@ spiceeamiee.Your post drew me out of my shell. I am quite social media shy.
Well, deep breath, let's do this.
Hello everyone, I am in Team April. I catch up quite a bit on this threadand its really enjoyable to share in your joys and though its also sad sometimes as well. Gods comfort @ Khalessi. God is our strength in all.

Now, About 'to whom and when does one share the info about being preggers' ?. It caused me quite some dilemma as well. Only a very few of my friends told me when they got pregnant, but from most of those I felt were close buddies, I heard when the LO landed. I kind of understood. Now its my turn being naturally reserved,. I struggled also to share, lol even with the few who did. I and my hubby agreed to tell no one at all because telling the people who were ''closest'' meant telling quite a number of people and excluding some others. Like someone said, you might be someone's close friend but that same person doesn't make your top 5.

I have a friend who kept pressuring me early in marriage as to whether 'it haf enter'. Honestly found it annoying and when it finally did, she was really the last to know. Had to tell when I started showing.

Now I am over talking..or typing..lol. Point is do try your best to cover your friend with grace, sounds like she is the emotional type and you are more logical. She will come around. Its nice to have someone around to share your journey with too.
Finally as per who to or not to tell...i think the choice is ultimately the couple's.

Enjoy the baby trip.
See new teamie in the building, welcome aboard? How's the bumping going

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oomiyale(f): 4:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
juliao:

My sister don't let it bother u, I am also going tru same thing bt I am not on any bed rest but on medications to bring it down.. was ur urine checked For protein? just take it all to God in prayers.. I believe He will not let us down.. we shall carry to term.. jus wondering how one's bp will be at this level and no symptoms..I asked d doctor so many questions that day ehn.. jus listen to ur doctors and do all dat is necessary.. it will all end in praise
tnx dear was surprised too Jare bp have be stable all try and no other symptoms they said is normal just want them to discharge me
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by brooklyn20: 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
spiceeamiee:
Team July nko? Where dem dey o

Team July . present

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
Babyadorable:
tnk u all my teamies u guys r luvly,wen MIA cos my FI ws dwn n passd on burial agreement n all of dat plus fone went bad.but am back n better d cappo of march.tnk u 2 my assitance grin realdentis u r wonderful luv u plenty.my list is on d increase.will login frm time 2 time n will b on properly after burial.mis u all.dat reminds mi I don't kn d diff btw kick n movement o.tho I feel sm tins in my tommy sha so sm1 should explain 2 mi lol.tnks once again my pipo.Gods protecion nw n alwayz
. Madam, welcome ooooo, we don look for you tire.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmJane(f): 4:58pm On Dec 06, 2016
Coldfeet:
Hi mama are you anorexic? How do you manage it with Pregnancy? Did it start before you got pregnant or when you got pregnant?
Someone close to me is at the risk of losing her baby or having her deformed due to her refusal to eat sad

My dear that aspect has not been easy. I would say it has been there even before I got married. For me, I am naturally not a foodie and easily loose interest at the site of food. If I eventually eat, it will just be a small portion and I will be feeling very heavy. For me, the appetite is not just there and with pregnancy its always worse especially during the first trimester.
During my previous pregnancy, It was there throughout. I was feeding once or at most twice a day with just little portions of food. I added only 4kg throughout that pregnancy and my baby came out at full term weighing 2.5kg only but very strong. It didn't affect her in any other way. You wouldn't believe that it was her after two months of birth because she was so big and active and she still is.
The anorexia was even worse when I gave birth. I was so happy that food is always the last thing on my mind. My DH and my Mom complained and got tired. But I made sure that I took a balanced nutrition no matter how small it is.

Fast forward to this pregnancy. After the severe morning sickness I had during the first trimester, I made up my mind that this one must be different. What I do:
1) I eat fruits very often and you know they help to stimulate appetite.
2) I eat out sometimes, something I am not used to before.
3) I take my prenatals every single day.
4) I always dish out bigger portions of food and eat them slowly until I make sure that all is finished.
5) Sometimes I eat small meals at frequent intervals.
6) I make sure that I satisfy my cravings so far as they are healthy.
7) I listen to my body and have some rest if it says so and thankfully I run a business and have trusted people that work for me now. so more time for myself....
So far, I have added 11kg in this pregnancy which is an improvement compared to my previous pregnancy.
My advice to her: She should try several methods and see what works best for her. She should also work closely with her health care team and possibly see a nutritionist and/or a psychiatrist( as the case may be) if it's severe. She should also have people that will help her out with cooking because some people find it difficult to eat what they prepare by themselves. Sorry for the long post.
I hope this helps.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by XX01(f): 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
iomoge2:

Or is this why Zoey aint adding as i expected....
She pups a lot. Runny too. Maybe its my own meal.
cry
Well 6weeks apt is coming up in 2 days.

How did the appointment go? What did they say about her pooping?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by XX01(f): 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
@AmJane,

It's what i have been doing since i gave birth. Large enough portions and then i eat it very slowly but ensure i finish everything. Could only eat breakfast and dinner because i would be too full to eat lunch. Then i also have fruits around me so i munch on it for lunch. Since i left the hospital, it has become worse. There is nobody to monitor my feeding so i can't be bothered to eat. When i found myself lying that i had eaten when i hadn't eaten since 20hrs, that was when i knew that i needed help.

Now, i have people monitoring my eating habits and ensuring that i eat something. The smell of food turns me off. Makes me want to throw up. Just 2 spoons of rice and i feel like i have eaten 3 main meals but i have to force myself. No one warned me of this part. I have never experienced it before.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by XX01(f): 5:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Congrats to all mY December people. I am so happy to see everyone doing so well. It's great.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dharyor1234(f): 5:18pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=Giddyperson post=51572512]Hi team April, you people update me EDD and Baby Gender Biko kwanu kiss kiss. If you've not checked yet, then lets use the old wives prediction from google just for fun.

Sweet and Sour
Craving ice cream every single day? Some people believe this means it's a girl. If you have to have salty or sour stuff, then it's a boy

I crave sweet things oo[/font], smiley Girl

Spot On
If you're breaking out like crazy, blame it on your girl babe. The belief goes that girls steal their mother's beauty, hence, those annoying zits

seriously i have annoying pimples, on my face and chest, i think i passed for a Girl again[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] grin

Nice Ring to It
Pop off your wedding ring—if you still can!—and tie it to a string. Hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, a little guy's in your future. If it goes back and forth, you've got a girl

i dont know how to do this oooo[/font]

Queasy Does It
Sick as a dog during the first trimester—or still? Signs indicate you're having a girl. Little or no morning sickness points to a boy
I felt sicker than a dog lol, so girl again cheesy

i dont even know, although at first i didnt know i was preggy, thought it was malaria. Afterward never fall sick and only vomitted thrice[font=Lucida Sans Unicode] so what am I expecting cappo? wink

How Low Can You Go?
Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it's a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue.
Similar tales say if you carry in front, you've got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it's a girl

cappo, which one is carry high and low? come and help look at it wink

A Little Extra Padding

Has your spouse been indulging in your pregnancy cravings, too? If your hubby packs on a little sympathy weight, the tales say you're in for a sugary-sweet little girl

no at all, yipee its a boy

1. Mydreams25
2. Unic1
3. LaDivva
4. Folamee
5. Prettmum
6. Sweetestmum
7. Ahnie
8. Olukunle
9. Abiagirl777
10. Dharyor1234
11. Tutucious
12. Ijeoma2728
13. Gr8fulheart
Any other interested Mamas.

Who else feels that their tummy is gonna burst, like the baby is growing and the tummy is not enlarging fast enough to accommodate it grin. My tummy feels so tight all the time and heavy, and the baby keeps kicking too like she wants space. I'm 21 weeks 4 days today
#peepersshouldreplykwanu #teamAprilformiraclebabies #eastercuties.

uhmmmm, felt that something oo. atimes i will be praying and hoping my stomach did not burst.

cc: Giddyperson @Giddyperson

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by CharmyBliz: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
good evenings mamas and my teamies how unable dey? abeg pains for jajaina no gree me waka oo. old who else is deealing with dis pain. can't even open my legs on. pls any ideas

Co sixx, jazzyjaz, imoge2,and my Oda wonderful mamas
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
Team jan, my teamies, una do well, ley me try replying one by one, i will be modifying incase i hv 2 go back n check ur comments. cheesy

Thnks Kemesty, i can imagine d pressure u are feeling at ur 36th week. Me am just 33 weeks o n gosh i feel every kick, twist n turn, its getting really painful and crampy in there. Sometimes i can swear that i hear los hiccups n sucking grin i do, am i hallucinating? Anyway I raise nyash 4 u o.

Jazzyjazz, u dey try o, i cant beliv u still hv muscle n moral to clean all by urslf n u even agreed 4 d burden of taking care of the elderly upon ds stage of ur condition, hmm u hv a big heart, gurl, u strong! My dear tell ur dh if u cant stand d guy n let ur fil travel back early 4 xmas. I can relate wit u a little cos i hv dh's 13 yr old nephew here n lawd, d guy is slow, i talk every second yet no change, sometimes i evn cry if i think of how d stress may be affecting my baby cos my bp has bin rising too n av told hubby dat he has 2 go, damn d consequences. My dear do wat u hv 2 do 2 save ur sanity.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kloness(f): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Giddyperson:

See new teamie in the building, welcome aboard? How's the bumping going

Thank you..Bumping good.. wink wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Odunma(f): 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2016
Babyadorable:
tnk u all my teamies u guys r luvly,wen MIA cos my FI ws dwn n passd on burial agreement n all of dat plus fone went bad.but am back n better d cappo of march.tnk u 2 my assitance grin realdentis u r wonderful luv u plenty.my list is on d increase.will login frm time 2 time n will b on properly after burial.mis u all.dat reminds mi I don't kn d diff btw kick n movement o.tho I feel sm tins in my tommy sha so sm1 should explain 2 mi lol.tnks once again my pipo.Gods protecion nw n alwayz

Welcome . Glad you are back.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 7:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
Congrats ArewaBOG, God bless your LO!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
@Amjane yours seem to be a case of lose of appetite lucky you.

This girl has a phobia for weight gain, she hardly eats.
She can go days without a bite of anything only takes vitamin supplements and fruit smoothie every now and then, she thinks she is overweight but only weighs 33kg! A grown adult woman and almost 5months pregnant?
We have begged her to eat for the sake of her baby yet the most she can do at such times is an apple or two.
She has been in and out of hospital due to this issue as her baby is not gaining weight well likewise her.

Her system has gotten used to no food that whenever she is forced to eat she either throws up or purges everything out.

Hers is psychological and needs psychiatric help but she doesn't think so.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nkkystel(f): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mamas I hail o, my DS is 10 months old today!

22 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mignone(f): 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
nkkystel:
Mamas I hail o, my DS is 10 months old today!
cute big boy! hmm... ow time flies. weldone mama. God bless him all round. hope u're warming up for anoda journey already.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:27pm On Dec 06, 2016
My dear,

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jazzyjazz: 8:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmmm
Maybe your lo is engaged o.
I don't have any other explanation

CharmyBliz:
good evenings mamas and my teamies how unable dey? abeg pains for jajaina no gree me waka oo. old who else is deealing with dis pain. can't even open my legs on. pls any ideas

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iomoge2(f): 8:49pm On Dec 06, 2016
XX01:

How did the appointment go? What did they say about her pooping?

I haven't gone o.
I will go get ROTA and others for her tomorrow.

The stooling has stopped.
And she sleeps well now. Atleast 4 2day all is fine...

Will see d doc tomorrow.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
CharmyBliz:

Same here teamy. Welcome 2 the club of waddling, enjoy!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Evening mamas, trust cheesy cheesy everyone is doing great...a big tanx to those who wished me well on my wedding day, to my able capo@ realdentist tanx for remembering me in prayers...to march mamas I hail o I miss una ooo kiss kiss...took me 2 days to read all I av missed....lol...I av enof cakes ooo...and I don't eat cake plz make una come carry oo.. Lol.menh wedding isn't easy to pull through... embarassed embarassed happy to be back...
@iyomomoreloaded, lol...I no do honeymoon ooo...can't even kpekpus again oo can't risk cervix opening again o..DH wouldn't touch me sef....

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
Sorry BeeBlossoms i didnt see ur leaky boob post but its common at this stage of preggy. Its probably colostrum, Just use breast pads if its too much but dnt press it out, baby will need it wen d tym comes. Its been a while u too, hw hv u n lo been?

Cheeketo my dear, u no get problem i swear lol. Sha, its ur body u alone know how its doing u. Me sef i hvnt been in d mood dese days n hubby has tried i know, anytime he fundles me sef, cant just bring myslf in d mood angry but wat i go do? N i noticed that my lo doesnt take kindly 2 my nipples being touched, evn by myslf, i dnt knw d connection but anytime i or dh is touching it, acrobatics don start be dat o, he bcomes restless. Anyway its wen i born we will know who truly owns dat place grin wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Team jan for sharp sharp delivery!

@Oomiyale wetin one go do for dis hbp thing sef, i will continually rebuke n reject it, its not our portion in team jan. Didnt knw u hv been on bedrest, sorry dear, we will remember u in our prayers, u are healed in Jesus name. Amen

Convenantbabies my porting mate, hw u dey? U are sounding lyk dis recession neva reach ya side oo. I knw God has been faithful sha, wetin con keep u away for all dis while nah, eh? We miss u. Pls show face more here abeg. Edd is duely noted n i hv a hunch its a girl grin no mind me o, just a hunch. *hugs*

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sixx: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
juliao:

My able cappo six.. I dey oo.. bin on peeping mode since.. well I and lo are doing Just fyn, was at the hospital for my ANC last week, bp was checked and doctor said it was 140/90. Was told to check bak the next day which I did n bp was still same.even tho I had no symptoms, was and I am still feeling good, did scan and was told lo was fine and is still doing fyn cos my tummy don turn to mini stadium. Was placed on aldomet for 2 weeks even tho I'm still working. Tho I av a bp monitor at home and I always check my bp every morning before leaving the house.. it's now within the range of 130/90. Not really bothered, I know the God whom I serve will not fail me.. He has promised me a supernatural delivery and so shall it be.. lest I forget it's a GIRL... edd is 23rd jan..
Yes o, luv ur faith teamy. God who has brought u this far will surely see u tru completing dis journey. Hbp has been swallowed up in victory in Jesus name. N why check ur bp every morning, dnt u think it will be giving u more anxiety? Just saying. Once in a week is better i think. Thnk God ur lo is fyn. Edd n gender is duely noted n will be published in our nxt edition. Happy remaining bumpy days teamy, we are almost there.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nicoleswizzi: 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
@khalessi...may God comfort u and in no time put a smile on ur face, Amen.
@spiceeamie, waow...just kip apologising to her sha... Ifbshe no gree free her for some time and check back...see in person and av a hrt2 hrt tlk....
@jazzyjazz, kpele...o also have my DH cousin DAT lives with us, she does nothing... Me no even get strength to talk if she like make she no get sense ,she's a woman and one day she will be in my shoes

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AbbynHummy(f): 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2016
hello mama's
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oomiyale(f): 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=Sixx post=51696898]Team jan for sharp sharp delivery!
big amen thx sis

(1) (2) (3) ... (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) (2611) (2612) (2613) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.