Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,195 members, 7,807,663 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (2805) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8121566 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) (2808) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by realdentist(f): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2017
Yesitsme:
abeg make una help advice. We went for ante natal today ooo, na so the new gynecologist replacing my Dr said I wouldn't be allowed to fall into labour, as I will either be induced or do CS due to my first experience as them no know what caused the death....NB: it's a different hospital frm where I gave birth. And he said this decision will be made bf 37wks as that's when I should be induced. He asked m to choose either induction or CS abeg which is better. Will be 37, first week in March.
if that's the only hospital u registered, then u have to follow ur doc's advice. We can't say otherwise cos he's the expert. BTW what was ur previous gynaecologist saying?
Modified: sorry I just read the question again. U're asking which to choose from-CS or induction. Well, induction is not predictable and may eventually lead to CS. So I think u shd just go for d CS
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rhemy2013(f): 9:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
Giddyperson:
My first bump shot, 32 weeks 2 days, let's see how much bigger it gets in the next 6-8weeks, ignore my flat nyash, I spent my whole life thinking it would finally come out when I get pregnant but issorai, it would get bigger when I grow up grin cheesy. Oya team April, ayaf opened the door, let's see the bumps.

9ce bump, Chai buh dis ur yash get as ebi grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:30pm On Feb 18, 2017
Naomi14:
Wow your bump is small and cute grin
Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Giddyperson: 9:32pm On Feb 18, 2017
Rhemy2013:

9ce bump, Chai buh dis ur yash get as ebi grin
Tnx, all ye enemies of my nyash should wait till I grow up cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 10:23pm On Feb 18, 2017
MoskiDarl:
[quote author=Iyomomoreloaded

Thanks Sis. I'm still on salbutamol. I want to stop the cyclogest and vasoprin. Dunno if its what made me bleed . Finished the antibiotics today. So am presently now on duphaston BD and Progesterone injection 2ce a week. + d basic prenatals. Cried a little when I saw d blood. I just got upset wondering y I wont be like every normal mama.
Still have dis headache on and off though. I just need to get myself to relax. I maybe panicking too much
I also think you need to relax dear. You're probably just paranoid and not resting your brain enough hence the headache.
Have u done MP test? PCV? Are u drinking enough water and eating well?
Why do you want to stop d aspirin & cyclogest? On ur own or doctors orders?
Pls work closely with ur doctor and don't be reluctant to ask questions or research on ur own.
Are you using a private hospital or govt? I personally prefer govt, preferably a teaching hospital, cos they see a lot more cases than most others.
Another thing, were you diagnosed with cervical issues?

Please cast all your cares and worries on him
Matthew 11:28‭-‬30 says... Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
All will be well in Jesus name Amen!

Here are a few links on the use of cyclogest for ic...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3469232/

http://incompetentcervix.org/treatment/progesterone/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3084384/Hormone-halves-risk-premature-birth-Groundbreaking-treatment-given-thousands-risk-mothers-be.html

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 11:07pm On Feb 18, 2017
[quotej author=Iyomomoreloaded post=53817423][/quote]
I experienced this with my pregnancies particularly at 20 weeks plus. I think it happens because the uterus is still in the lower abdominal region meanwhile the baby is gaining weight. By the time the uterus moves into the stomach area above the uterus you won feel that much pressure and kicks till much later in the pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by adelolo: 2:32am On Feb 19, 2017
queensnow:
@adelolo how are you fairing?
I am fine o
And the baby is also fine. All Glory belongs to God . though I am still in the hospital on bed rest for the whole of First trimester. Thanks for checking on me. One love

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hunniesuzie: 4:49am On Feb 19, 2017
I got induced, it failed and went for CS eventually. You can go that route but you need to discuss with your gynae very well. What is their procedure for monitoring during inductions? For me they checked for fetal distress plus my bp every 30 mins and did periodic ve so my gynae was able to quickly decide that labour wasn't progressing. CS for me was a relief but I was grateful they allowed me to try on my own first. Affliction will not rise again

Yesitsme:
abeg make una help advice. We went for ante natal today ooo, na so the new gynecologist replacing my Dr said I wouldn't be allowed to fall into labour, as I will either be induced or do CS due to my first experience as them no know what caused the death....NB: it's a different hospital frm where I gave birth. And he said this decision will be made bf 37wks as that's when I should be induced. He asked m to choose either induction or CS abeg which is better. Will be 37, first week in March.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyomomoreloaded: 7:50am On Feb 19, 2017
jaysmama:

I experienced this with my pregnancies particularly at 20 weeks plus. I think it happens because the uterus is still in the lower abdominal region meanwhile the baby is gaining weight. By the time the uterus moves into the stomach area above the uterus you won feel that much pressure and kicks till much later in the pregnancy.
kiss kiss kiss Thanks mama for always coming out to answer questions ! How's ur baby and older kids?
I am now beginning to wonder if it is peculiar to "beautiful cervix" alone? Seeing that u had a Cerclage too...
Please drop some words of encouragement for mama Moskidarl. Thanks again!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Roseey0(f): 8:36am On Feb 19, 2017
opejulie10

Pls go back to hospital.
Is your obstetrician always available?
If not, see another immediately.
What worked for Mr A may not work for Mr B.
Be close to hospital for close monitoring.
Infection can cause miscarriage if not promptly treated.
Bodies are different.

Most importantly, PRAY! Confess positively
A closed mouth is a closed destiny.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by opejulie10: 10:40am On Feb 19, 2017
Roseey0:
opejulie10

Pls go back to hospital.
Is your obstetrician always available?
If not, see another immediately.
What worked for Mr A may not work for Mr B.
Be close to hospital for close monitoring.
Infection can cause miscarriage if not promptly treated.
Bodies are different.

Most importantly, PRAY! Confess positively
A closed mouth is a closed destiny.

thanks ma
told dh yesternight when he came back from work, I am going to the hospital tomorrow morning to complain... thanks a lot
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 11:25am On Feb 19, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

kiss kiss kiss Thanks mama for always coming out to answer questions ! How's ur baby and older kids?
I am now beginning to wonder if it is peculiar to "beautiful cervix" alone? Seeing that u had a Cerclage too...
You are welcome . I suspect it may be related to the cervix issue. It is well.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 11:36am On Feb 19, 2017
MoskiDarl:
[quote author=Iyomomoreloaded

Thanks Sis. I'm still on salbutamol. I want to stop the cyclogest and vasoprin. Dunno if its what made me bleed . Finished the antibiotics today. So am presently now on duphaston BD and Progesterone injection 2ce a week. + d basic prenatals. Cried a little when I saw d blood. I just got upset wondering y I wont be like every normal mama.
Still have dis headache on and off though. I just need to get myself to relax. I maybe panicking too much

Hi Moskidarl was a cerclage mama as well. Lost two pregnancies to cervix problems but have had two successfull pregnancies with a cerclage in place. Try not to worry too much but stay off your feet as much as possible. Follow all your doctors orders take your prenatal medicine without fail eat healthy and confess positively. My e mail is you can mail me so we can exchange numbers and talk on watsapp if you feel you need to talk. Do take care

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2017
adelolo:

I am fine o
And the baby is also fine. All Glory belongs to God . though I am still in the hospital on bed rest for the whole of First trimester. Thanks for checking on me. One love
thank God it will surely end in praise smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jaysmama(f): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2017
Iyomomoreloaded:

The baby is fine but showing me shege as am breastfeeding exclusively. The older boys are fine too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tutucious(f): 12:25pm On Feb 19, 2017
[quote author=Giddyperson post=53325167]FEBUARY ROLL CALL TEAM APRIL 2017
1. Dharyor1234--------------------------------- Team ?? EDD 14 April. How's your bumbum grin
2. Mydreams25--------------------------------- Team XY, EDD 12 April
3. Giddyperson----------------------------------Team XX, EDD 10 April
4. Prettmum------------------------------------ Team XY, EDD 16 April Is the honeypot still cooking
5. Ahnie---------------------------------------- -Team ?? EDD 30 April
6. Gr8fulheart-----------------------------------Team XY EDD 26 April
7. Unic1------------------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
8. Folamee---------------------------------------Team XX EDD 11 April How did the shopping go
9.Sweetestmum--------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
10.Olukunle5--------------------------------------Team Surprise EDD 28th April
11.Abiagirl777-----------------------------------Team ?? EDD 28 April
12.Tutucious-------------------------------------Team XY EDD
13. Ijeoma2728-----------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
14. Kloness----------------------------------------Team XX EDD 17 April
15.Sansa143-------------------------------------Team XY EDD 13 April How are you managing the boredom
16.Titony1 ----------------------------------------Team ?? EDD 20 April. Tall Thin Tony cheesy
17.Myrygurl --------------------------------------Team XX EDD 28 April
18.Mzezkay---------------------------------------Team ?? EDD ?? April
19. Roselok---------------------------------------Team XY EDD 03 April Welcome aboard
20. Sholai-----------------------------------------Team XY EDD 24 April

Happy sunday to all the mama's in the house. My Team mates how we dey? my able captain Giddyperson special greeting to u oh.

sorry ive been away for a while.

UPDATE

My baby has been growing fine, no health challenge at all. we are 31weeks and 1day old today.

EDD date 25th April
Team Blue

experiencing swollen legs, loss of appetite, constipation, and hemorrhoid (just appeared).

generally we are doing great.

i wish all mamas here a smooth ride. Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aghaibiam(f): 12:48pm On Feb 19, 2017
Happy sunday mama's.I am about 9weeks gone is peppersoup safe for me i just feel like taking peppersoup.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by WambyDiapers: 12:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello, we would like to share our findings about something that concerns us all. We see a lot of mums complaining about rashes, coughs and cartarrhs and being prescribed antibiotics constantly which do not work for 2 weeks and so many other childhood ailments. We spoke to some doctors and were given a pamphlet which we at Wamby Diapers would like to share with you. A lot of our babies are showing up with more allergies and it is being treated as a antibacterial infection or even malaria (that baffled us). Worse, we see parents stubbornly holding onto bad information and spreading it (we were told of a popular Mother and Child program which consistently gets things wrong but keeps sharing the info as correct). For those of us shopping for baby products now is the time to start asking questions. Please take the time to read this. Thanks

http://mameandboo..com.ng/2017/02/atopic-dermatitis-growing-concern.html?m=1
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
Bia Ochicha! Better carry your wahala and be going undecided We no wan bet.
johnpaul1893:
yesterday fixed game was won and those who won the game, where those who have the heart to subscribe and ready to stake high. today's game is available with 250 odds for those who missed yesterday game and for those who have not win bet should please see picture to subscribe, please no after payment ok thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by clily: 1:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello house, just found out m pregnant..whats the best routine drug before i start antennetal..God wil see ya through

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
Welicome! grin May God see you through. Just see your doctor, he/she will tell you what to take.
clily:
Hello house, just found out m pregnant..whats the best routine drug before i start antennetal..God wil see ya through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Congrats cheesy Well I heard peppersoup isn't good in early pregnancy sha! Courtesy: Nigerian old wives tale. But you could ask your Gyn/Obs. sabi mamas will come chook mouth.
aghaibiam:
Happy sunday mama's.I am about 9weeks gone is peppersoup safe for me i just feel like taking peppersoup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by aghaibiam(f): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2017
cry cry
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2017
aghaibiam:
yes very safe but incase u are buying the spice ask them if it's d usual spice cus some pple do mix oda stuff with the spice which is not good for pregnant women make sure to be specific when buy the spice ...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 2:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
clily:
folic acid, calcium, bcomplex, and ferrous or you can get pregnacare if u can't swallow 4 tab at once
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
queensnow:
folic acid, calcium, bcomplex, and ferrous or you can get pregnacare if u can't swallow 4 tab at once
pls am 5weeks gone and have been taking only folic acid, can I also add d other three to it because I no won go hospital yet make den no send me back

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by olamitie: 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2017
Benignasweety:
Is Cs that painful after the delivery?? Plz reply a scared mum o and no one said anything about my extra licking colostrum. Itz well o June maamas.
dont be scared, in two/three days you will feel better wink,just use a good hospital.its normal for colostrum to leak
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by queensnow: 2:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Naomi14:
Congrats cheesy Well I heard peppersoup isn't good in early pregnancy sha! Courtesy: Nigerian old wives tale. But you could ask your Gyn/Obs. sabi mamas will come chook mouth.
pepsoup is actually good in pregnancy bcus scent leaf is said to be medicinal for pregnant women just be sure on what the spice is mixed with, like wen I wanted to buy spice in d market d lady was advertising d spice for me like e good for jedi it helps with menstrual flow waist pain blabla bla bcus she mixed d spice I had to tell her dat madam am pregnant bcus I wasn't showing then n she said don't buy dis one let me give u d regular spice .. infact I ate a lot of pepsoup in my 1st trimester

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 2:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Pweetiebabe:
pls am 5weeks gone and have been taking only folic acid, can I also add d other three to it because I no won go hospital yet make den no send me back
I think folic is OK for now as d pregnancy advances others will b added by ur gynecologist.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yesitsme(f): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
thanks a million to all d Mamas who responded to my call. frm your inputs, we have decided to go for CS. God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:23pm On Feb 19, 2017
Yesitsme:
I think folic is OK for now as d pregnancy advances others will b added by ur gynecologist.
Thanks ma'am God bless u real big

(1) (2) (3) ... (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) (2807) (2808) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Raychellasam(f), Firstlady001 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.